(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

hi vonvon
glad that your boy is back to his active self again
happy.gif

hey ilim
congrats! you can officially close factory liao!
happy.gif

summer
Thx hahaha... ya can officially close shop liao, hb oso agree wif me. Tht day went for scan he saw our gal's hump he so happy cos finally it's 100% cfm liao.

Hi mashy and summer..

Tks for the advice.. I probably going to get one frm one mummy in tis forum.. She selling at $60.. But I muz bring my kids to go test test first before i buy.. My gal 3 but tink mayb got 17kg? And my boy maybe a big heavier..

Shang nao jing..go one trip muz spend so much man.. Hopefully ltr come bk still got use..otherwise muz bother to sell it away agn..

By the way..I noe the weather in April is like being in an air con room lidat.. So shld wear long pants for the kids? Wat are the essentials for the kids ar?

tomatolander

Did u see the taka sale? They're selling maclaren daytripper for only $89 and if u have taka card, this weekend is additional 10%. Can recline. Read can use till 25kg.

claire

it's a credit card, so will need some time. I think they've a cash smart card but not sure if it's instant approval, perhaps u wanna check with their customer service.

hi mashy,

didn read ur post till nw.. I got my stroller le.. Bt it's not working very well.. Haiz.. Muz wait for my hubby to oil the wheel abit and see hw..

Any mummies here got HK$ spare to change to Sing $? Pls PM me ya.. Tks..

Recently felt so stressed and tired at home..coz my kids + my husband juz recovered from chicken pox.. Sianz sianz sianz!!! (Sorry for the outbreak!)

hi tomatolander
this is my list for my 5D/4N HK trip last Jul:

ITEMS TO BRING:

1. Sleepwear x 3
2. Outdoor wear x 5
3. Face Towel x 4
4. Cap x 1
5. Socks x 4
6. Pacifier x 2
7. Pacifier Clip
8. Face & Hand Wet Tissue
9. Wet Tissue
10. Ru Yi Oil
11. Medicine
12. Desitin Cream
13. J&J Head-to-Toes Shower
14. Kodomo Detergent
15. Bob the Builder Water Bottle
16. Thermal Flask
17. Distilled Water
18. 3 Milk Bottles (Big) x 3
19. Wang Wang Xiao Man Tou
20. Biscuits
21. 400g Gain IQ x 2
22. Milk Dispenser
23. Diapers x 20
24. Bolster
25. Blanket x 2
26. Combi Noodle Cutter
27. Gerbers Feeding Dish + Spoon

Only brought my elder gal, no baby. Hope it helps.

Hi ilim,

No prob.....guess the name Megan is rather common.
happy.gif

So fast going to close shop already? But 1 gal & 1 boy is very ideal liao.

For me, I don't mind having #3. Altho it's v tiring, it's worth everything when u see their smiles & laughs.

It's really tiring juggling 2 kids of close age gap. I'm lucky to have a hb who's willing to share the workload with me. We bring our M&Ms home everyday....tiring but fulfilling.

summer

your gal still on pacifier? Like a bit old for that now right? HAve u tried to wean her off it?

Wow, u really pack a lot of stuff. I think my list is like half of yours. I don't even use diaper cream anymore and I use whatever cutlery the restaurant provides. Never lug all those bb cutlery ard anymore. hahaha.

vonvon

2 is enuf for me n hb but if accident then no choice lor.

For me still not so bad cos Keagan goes to school everyday from morning till 5pm and plus i got a maid to help me so i'm quite relaxed.

Vonvon,
Read about Marcus. My heart goes out to him.
sad.gif
Can the dentist do anything? like fit a fake one or something. Marcus is a smart boy, mayb he feels the diff b4 and after, realising that he lost a tooth and became conscious? If not, you shold continue to encourage and assure him that it is ok and he will have new tooth.Just afraid it may affect his self esteem....

mashy
yes, she's still on pacifier. it's a nightmare weaning her off!

you should share your list with us so we know how to pack light in future.

summer

My boy threw his pacifier in anger, so when he asked for it again, i reminded him that he has already thrown it away. Just 3 days of whining and he's off it. Maybe u should just cut her pacifier.

Gotta go and dig my list out first...

mashy

hahaha... tai tai life for now onli, after birth no more tai tai life oredi, i haf to hands le so i'm enjoying now while i can

mashy
my mum tried to put ruyi oil on her pacifier and she din dare to take it anymore but when comes to bedtime she will scream and cry like she addicted to drugs like that. she will fall asleep then wake up in the middle of the nite to wail non-stop again. when she wails, the younger one wake up as well then both cry and scream together. My hubby cannot take it and gave it to her! Now we only limit it to bedtime whenever possible.

summer

that's why have to cut or throw away the pacifier. Then there's no turning back. When it's ard, someone will sure cannot tahan and just give to her and the cycle continues.

One mama cut the pacifier, then the boy just hold in his hand to sleep. Haha. Coz too short to suck but by holding in the hand, he still feel safe. Maybe u can try that.

ilim
It's still good even for now only.
happy.gif

summer

This is what i usually will pack for trips, i try to make use of stuff that are provided by the hotel/restaurants if possible:

1. Sleepwear
2. Outdoor wear (incl jacket)
3. Face Towel (abt 2 to throw away after use, will use the hotel's one most of the time)
4. Cap
5. Socks
6. Face & Hand Wet Tissue
7. Medicine
8. Bb shampoo/shower foam/moisturiser/sunblock
9. Detergent
10. Water Bottle
11. Snacks
12. Diapers
13. Bolster
14. Toy/Storybook

I don't bring a blanket coz he'll just kick it away anyway. So i will dress him up warmer with 2 layers instead when he sleeps.

Summer,

When I brought Marcus to HKG (his 1st trip overseas, excl cruise) last Oct, it was somewhat light travelling. Very similar to Mashy's list, but most impt is MILK POWDER for Marcus. Aside from that, I'd a few items lesser than Mashy as I didn't pack detergent or diapers (Marcus has been totally toilet-trained since 1 yr back, even throughout the night).

As for pacifier, you've to be hard-hearted to wean her off. Would be best if u can make her lose it & then remind her that it's gone & there will be no more. It's tough but u've got to do it lor. Like mashy, Marcus was weaned of pretty easily. Just didn't give it to him for 2 days & he forgotten all abt it. Didn't expect it to be that easy though.

jasmine,

I've consulted 3 dentists & all said tooth cannot be saved & nothing else can be done to patch that 'lobang'. Well....all fated....just hope his adult tooth will be out soon & not affected by the fall.

Hi ladies
Have been a silent reader and decided to sign up today as I'm eager to find a good preschool for my girl.

I've read a couple of good comments about cambridge admiral country club in this forum so I went to check it out (my virgin visit to a childcare centre). I was shocked and disappointed as the english teachers couldn't even speak proper english.For such steep pricing, I would expect better quality teachers. My nephew attends zoo-phonics and the teachers there are very well spoken. But zoo-phonics is too far away from my home...
Sigh...

mashy
congrats!

von
yah, I'm also curious about how to night-toilet-train. When xr sleeps, it's almost impossible to wake her up.

Today was her 'real' first day at LV. Last wk i was on holiday so could send her in later. Today had to snd her in at 7am, and she was crying pretty hard when i left. Till now still feel so guilty
sad.gif
Hope when her class teacher gets in, she'll settle down.

thanks gals!

I can't even poo poo train my boy. How do u gals do it? My boy's poo poo is very irregular. So totally no idea when it will come. And he prefers to poo standing up. How?

Hi Fermum,
haha...my gal in Cambridge admiral hill preschool le. Which English teacher you spoke to? ya...the English not v gd for most of the English teachers there but i think not that bad also bah. My gal is over there. price is steep but other cc i been to equally standard not there.

Does C know how to say when he poos? If can, then slowly brainwash him...wanna poo poo must say. xr was like that, to the point where when her sis wanna go toilet or has an accident, she'll tell mei mei: "shh shh must say!"
happy.gif
I think the cc she was in at the time did a really good job in starting her off.

claire

yes, after he does it! sigh. I kept telling him poo poo must say and must say before he poo poos, but till now still no results.

For pee, he can say and will even go to the potty himself and undress. But for poo, somehow he can't do it sitting down.

Claire/ilim,

The 1st 2 nites, we let him wear diaper to sleep but wake him up 2x to pee. Then subsequently, we let him sleep 'diaper-free' & continue to wake him up 2x to pee. A wk later, reduce to 1x, then by end of 2nd wk, he could control thru' the nite. At times when he's urgent, he'll call us & we'll bring him to pee.

Lucky for us, no accidents ever happened.

Mashy,

U've to train C to tell u when he needs to poo. U've to also observe when he wants to do it & catch those moments to let him know that he has to tell u when that happens.

I just hope that the same potty-training success will apply to Megan when the time comes.

von
gotta try it with xr. last night i was so tired, she told me she needed to pee, i asked her to go toilet herself n i fell asleep. This morning i got up, she was zzz with only her tshirt, so i guess she didn't put her underwear and pants on after peeing. thank goodness no accident.

what's your sleeping arrangement with your kiddos now? Currently xr zzz with me on my bed, hb and #2 zzz on the floor mattress. With #3 on the way, also dunno what's going to happen. Not willing to have the gals zzz with the maid.

hi mashy/vonvon
agree with you both, gotta be hard hearted. i have always been told by my family members that i spoil my kids and yes lah i agree. No wonder there's this saying "chi mu duo bai er"!
happy.gif

Mashy, so clever... 1 boy 1 girl!

Hey Claire,
You expecting #3? I agree, don't let the kids bunk in with the maid. Sleeping together it's actually good bonding time with the kids and they don't sleep with you long coz they grow up fast.

Re: Sleeping Arrangement
I join my daybed with my King size bed so it's a super large sleeping area. Big girl sleeps on the daybed, followed by mummy, then small girl, then daddy. But sometimes we get to swop positions with each other.

Re: nite toilet train
yday try to wake my son up to go toilet to pee, he keep telling me he wans to sleep dun wan go pass urine... "faint", in the end i gave up n let him continue his beauty sleep.

Re: Sleeping
Keagan sleeps on the floor besides our bed and when #2 out will let her sleep in our rm too but in the cot. When she gets bigger will let her sleep on the floor, if not will train her to sleep in her own rm.

Re : Pacifier
My boy is a tutu addict, I dun think he will forget if we dun give him for the nite,he sure ask for it. Any good suggestions without being too hard hearted.
happy.gif

Re : Toilet training
He is toilet trained in school, pretty easy when the teachers toilet train them as they like to follow what their friends do. But he took a while to poo train and will wait till he gets home to do it. Imagine he can 'dong' for the whole day. Even at home, he will poo one corner in the diaper, talk about pooing in toilet bowl! nite training comes naturally bah. If they are dry the whole nite, then can do away with diaper. Haven't tried that yet.

Claire,

U expecting #3?? Wow....congrats!! Wish to hv #3 but too tired with 2 now leh....dare not think of the 3rd. I already lost so much wt taking care of 2. Can't imagine having 1 more....end up being a skeleton.

ilim,
When we tried the 1st time waking Marcus up to pass urine, he also said he's v sleepy but we forced him (he cried lor) to do it. Then pacify him back to sleep. After 2nd night, he became used to it & will not cry when we woke him up. Just simply let us lead him to the toilet, pee, then walk back to bed to sleep. Now, he can ctr thru the nite.

Re: Sleep arrangment
Marcus & Megan are sleeping in our room but on their own beds. Marcus sleeps in a cot that's converted to kiddy bed placed opp side of our bed while Megan sleeps next to our bed in a side-guarded bed.

jasmine,

Perhaps u can try to make him lose his pacifier on his own so that he knows that he cannot blame anyone for the missing tutu? It might work. Can give it a try. This way shd not be considered hard-heared, right?
happy.gif

von
yah, expecting #3 now. still ftwm, so still havent lost anything from xr's birth
sad.gif
Well, hb has given the green light to go on no-pay leave nx year, so will try to take care of the kiddos as sahm, but with a maid at home to help. Now always feeling tired and sleepy, but just tonging until ML in Aug, then zao liao.

hey claire
good for you, can be SAHM for a year to look after your kids + with the help of a maid! that should be manageable. I hope to have #3, #4 but thinking of the childcare portion I don't dare to think about it
happy.gif

Etelle
What about you? #3?

Claire,

So nice to be sahm. Like summer commented, shd be fine with the help of a maid, else I think might go crazy if alone with 3 kids!!!

hi mashy
have you thought about going back to work or you have decided to be a SAHM for the rest of your life? I would like to be a SAHM when i have 3 kids in future
happy.gif

summer

i don't think i'll go back to work. Maybe do some part time or some online stuff. But not going back full time anymore. Coz by the time i can finally go back to work, I've to start all over again. Might was well start something new or do something totally different.

mashy
i guess it's really hard to adjust back to full time work after such long breaks.

jasmine
your boi and my ger can hi-5, tutu addict.
you and me can hi-5, method used cannot be too hard-hearted
happy.gif

summer

haha, break from work? Coz don't think it's a break thing. Think diff to tune back to the part abt doing things for the boss bah. Now i manage the household and decide what to do each day. Don't think i wanna go back to the times when the boss will tell me what to do and give me work that i don't like.

hard-hearted? jia lut ah... Ci mu duo bai er.... Next time your kid dun wanna study how? Let him/her quit sch? U still need to be 'hard hearted' and make them stay right? It's a trend. Once they're used to it as a young toddler to get their own way, it'll be the same when they're older. It's easier to teach than to 'unteach'.

Back