(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Hello mummies!

May,
Oh no... Is Jamie doing better already? Did KK find out the cause of the vomitting?

Carrot_soup,
Welcome! Throwing things is a phase that all babies and toddler will go through. Cos it's a form of hand-eye coordination development and obviously it's fun to them as well, to see things being thrown. I think we shouldn't be punishing them because of this... My Isaac also loves to throw things. When I put out my hand and told him to give me the pacifier that he's sucking on, he'll remove it and throw it instead of giving to me. And he has thrown even thown my MIL's spectacles and some of his small toys out of the window! Lucky the area below my MIL's place is not a common walking area.

Re. Cupcakemomma
I emailed her, didn't get a reply from her. I called her up on her HP, managed to talk to her... she sound ok lah. Not like dao or what, told me she's fully booked for this month and cannot take in anymore orders.

Re. Birthday cake
Me and HB has decided to get a Choc cake from Four Leaves cos we bought one from them for Isaac's 1st Birthday and find it to be pretty good. Chose one of their semi-3D designs. Didn't ask for customised designs. Cost us $66 for a 24cm x 24cm cake.

Re. Cane
Will you use it?
I think I would... but maybe not now, only when they can understand right and wrong, and when other forms of punishment did not work.

wow one morning and so many postings!

annie
i stay at pasir ris. let me know if you want me to buy anything for u.

SH,
better bring JW to see PD. he vomitted a few times. not a good sign.

Sleepingdeer,
so sad shannon cannot go. hee, think JH always friendlier to gals haha..

rena
did u change to soy milk instead? that time JH changed to soy milk and took lactefort. recover quite fast.

carrot_soup
welcome!
dun think i will use the cane so soon. i realised that when we hit JH, he tends to hit back so i dun wan him to be violent.

mummies
catch up later!

SSF,
good luck for your interview!

Clare,
re: cupcake Momma
I tried to order from her 2 weeks back for Keenan's bday on the 30 Dec but she is totally full liao...
sad.gif
9189 2697 but you can try asking though..

Carrot soup,
welcome to the thread.
I personally would not use a cane just yet.. not sure if i'd use it at all. I believe that if you want to smack, you should use your bare hands, and not with a 'weapon'. Think our babies are at this 'finding out about gravity' stage, purely out of curiousity. So please don't punish her for that. Otherwise it will hinder her creativity and development. For other dangerous things like going near or playing w electrical socket then you should give a very firm "NO!" and smack her hand and then take her away from the area. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

SSF
ya lor.. I already expected next yr apprasial to be no good. Esp my immediate boss is those kind dun wan baby type..
I secretly hope that he and wife will shot gun..hahaha.. then he can experience the joy of having a baby
happy.gif
and also be more understanding when my collegue and I have problem.

welcome, carrotsoup! Disciplinary books normally recommend using the cane only at 3 years old because before that, they can't differentiate right from wrong. If start too young, they will only learn violence and punishments.

May, oh dear, poor Jamie... You must take care of yourself too since started working not long ago right? Pray that Jamie recovers soon!

SSF, good luck to you!
happy.gif

sunny, my friend has goodie bags for her girl's bday last year, but quite wasted cos nobody took it. Maybe for older kids bah... I remember there were poppers, whistles, cardboard mask and a cone hat. Can't remember what else. Think sysac got goodie bags for cephas' bday party...

RE: Jamie
They say it is stomach infection. But I think should be the famous vomit cum diarrhoea virus.Anyone know how long it takes to go away? She has lost half kg already.

Hi mummies,

wow! we are a fast-moving thread aren't we?

re: calibb pdts
Was on leave yesterday and out shopping with Charmaine when rena called me. Placed orders for us immediately when I reached home.
Have placed orders for:
1) Chilies
2) babylon
3) flo
4) denmy
5) angie
6) sleepingdeer
7) tracy
8) wendy
9)rena
10) mamapanda

Just got a reply from BAbyfleur.

For baby calming shampoo, is it okay if I get the 17.5oz for everyone?

flo,
conditioner is OOS!

No problems with the payment - no need to TT so troublesome. Just pay me when you collect the items from me?

Hi mummies,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

Wow, really thanks for sharing... now at least I know it's normal and will probably shelf the caning for a while till she is bigger.

Hi May Wong, pray that your daughter will recover soon.

Mummies,
Thanks for all concern and advice. Flo, Joanna, thanks for sms-ing your PD's contact within such a short time. MIL said JW was lethargic after throwing up the 3rd time so we rushed down during lunch time to take him to the PD.

By the time we reached there, he has slept a bit & MIL said he is much better liao. But we decided to go ahead to go see the PD since we are there already. PD said shouldn't be head injury coz he's still active. Though he can't find the cause for the vomitting, he says can continue to monitor. No pt doing the x-ray now since he not drowsy any more.

Cookie,
I think i can answer the question for joanna since i just came back from the PD. He charges $60+ for first visit. Subsquent visits is $45.

May,
That sounds terrible. Hope Jamie gets well soon. What caused the vomitting in the first place?

may,

oh dear! is jamie okay now?

clare,
sama sama! My gal will also bian zui and fake cry.

SH,
Maybe just continue to monitor and see?

Hi <font color="aa00aa">May</font>

You may wish to read more about <font color="0000ff">Rota-virus</font> from this URL..
http://www.austincc.edu/microbio/2993j/rota.htm

Most important of all is to kip feeding your girl with more fluid to re-hydrate her. Bottles and teats have to be sterlised properly. My PD told me at this point of time, direct breastfeeding is the best and it is less likely to be contaminated (Cont to do so if you are B-feeding)

As for how long it takes to recover, it may differs from babies. My boy was down with Diarrhoea when he was 5 months, and it lasted for 3 weeks.

Hi All,

Have been soooo busy at work and at home (mom no helping out anymore) such that no time to come into the thread. Seems that SY already got to know of the J&amp;J sale. Here's the price list. Most items are not as low as staff sale as we have qty limitations. This time it's all good stocks with no qty limits.

Description Bazaar Normal Disc %
Modess Ultra Thin All Night Silky Dry 10s $3.00 $3.65 18%
Johnson's Baby Peach Bath 1000ml $6.00 $7.50 20%
Modess Ultra Thin Regular Silky Dry 20s $4.00 $5.05 21%
Carefree Super Dry Regular Sc 40s $2.50 $3.20 22%
Clean &amp; Clear Foaming Facial Wash 100ml $3.00 $3.95 24%
Johnson's Baby Softcare Wipes Refill 80s $4.50 $5.95 24%
Johnson's Baby Softcare Wipes Frangrance Free 80s x3 B2G1F Pack $9.00 $11.90 24%
Carefree Healthy fresh Thick 40s x2 Pack $5.00 $6.70 25%
Clean &amp; Clear Oil Control Film 60s x2 Pack $5.00 $6.90 28%
Clean &amp; Clear Deep Action Cleanser 100ml $3.50 $4.85 28%
Carefree Ultra Thin Unsc 3x Pack $5.00 $6.95 28%
Carefree Ultra Thin Sc 3x Pack $5.00 $6.95 28%
Carefree Healthy Fresh Thick 40s $3.00 $4.35 31%
Carefree Healthy Fresh Ultra Thin 40s $3.00 $4.35 31%
Carefree Barely There Sc 40s $3.00 $4.35 31%
pH 5.5 2-in-1 Body Wash 750ml $4.00 $5.95 33%
pH 5.5 Oat Milk and Almond Body Wash 750ml $4.00 $5.95 33%
Johnson's Baby Softwash Original 750ml x2 Pack $6.00 $11.95 50%
Johnson's Baby Softwash Calming 750ml x2 Pack $6.00 $11.95 50%
Johnson's Baby Milk Bath 1000ml $6.00 $8.95 33%
Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath 1000ml $6.00 $8.95 33%
Johnson's Baby Fresh Cleansing Wipes 80s $3.00 $4.50 33%
Carefree G-String Wings 36s $3.50 $5.25 33%
Clean &amp; Clear Deep Action Mask 120g $6.50 $9.90 34%
Neutrogena Radiance Eye Boost Cream 15g $15.00 $22.90 34%
Clean &amp; Clear Daily Pore Cleanser 100g FOC Daily Pore Cleanser 50g Pack $4.00 $6.40 38%
Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena 175ml $7.00 $11.20 38%
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foam Cleanser 100g $6.00 $9.90 39%
Neutrogena Deep Clean Foam Cleanser 100g $6.00 $9.90 39%
Carefree Longs Usc 20s $2.00 $3.30 39%
Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion 500ml $6.50 $9.60 32%
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser 200ml $8.00 $14.00 43%
Johnson's Baby Honey Shampoo 800ml $7.50 $10.50 29%
Johnson's Baby Blossom Powder 500g.x2 Pack $3.50 $5.50 36%
Johnson's Baby Fresh Cleansing Wipes Travel Pack 20s x3 Pack $3.00 $5.50 45%
Clean &amp; Clear Moisturizer 125ml $5.00 $9.30 46%
Clean &amp; Clear Oil &amp; Dirt Romoving Wipes 10s x2 Pack $2.00 $3.90 49%
Neutrogena Travel Kit - Deep Clean Foam 50g / Deep Whitening Mask 1s / Lip Moisturizer 1g $5.00 $9.90 49%
Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask 5s $15.00 $29.90 50%
Neutrogena Deep Hydrating Mask 8s $20.00 $39.90 50%
Johnson's Baby Regular Bath 50ml $0.50 $1.00 50%
Johnson's Baby Classic Powder 50g $0.50 $1.00 50%
Johnson's Baby Softlotion 500ml 24 hr Moisture $6.50 $11.20 42%
Johnson's Baby Softlotion Calming 500ml $6.50 $11.20 42%
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Lotion 50ml FOC Deep Whitening Mask 2s Pack $10.00 $20.80 52%
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo 6oz $4.00 $8.40 52%
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser 100g $6.00 $12.90 53%
Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Mask 100g $6.00 $12.90 53%
Johnson's Baby Gold Shampoo 800ml $6.50 $11.05 41%
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask 5s $15.00 $34.90 57%
Neutrogena Body Lotion 8.5oz $5.00 $14.50 66%
Neutrogena Pore Refining TU Smart Mask 5s $10.00 $34.90 71%
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Soothing Mask 5s $10.00 $34.90 71%
Neutrogena Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15 $5.00 $18.50 73%
Johnson's Baby Regular Lotion 50ml $0.50 $1.95 74%
Johnson's Baby Gold Shampoo 50ml $0.50 $1.95 74%
Neutrogena Moisture Defense Cream SPF15 $6.00 $20.50 71%
CF Ultrathin 140mm Sc 40 AS $1.00 $3.50 71%
CF Ultrathin 140mm Usc 40 AS $1.00 $3.50 71%
CF UT Barely There Usc 40 AS $3.00 $4.35 31%
Neut Pore Refining Treatment 30g(SG) $6.00 $26.40 77%
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cream 50g $6.00 $22.50 73%

Uhhhhhhhhh...... i don't know how to post table format. Hope it's still legible. You can give me a buzz if need info/help like chooping items.

MUMMIES

On sat i bring my boy for for his hair cut. No matter how hard we tried to play with him, he still cry loudly (Like someone die like that loh) hahaha. Any mummies experience this? any advice or recommendation?

Hi Valerie,

I cried too when i watch the video.....

Hi May,

Hope Jamie gets better. Last time megan has diarroae too. PD gives Soya milk instead. Megan didn;t like it so we tried to switch to her normal milk the next day but diarroea came back....

PD said we can give boil porridge water, add a little salt or soya sauce for sodium. When i asked if they are too young to take salt, PD said it's ok for this instance. You can try.

Hi Clare and sl,

Ha Ha. At least your gal bian zui and fake cry. My megan super chilli padi. She scream and the next moment you pass her the item, she wave them all away in anger. And she has a very loud scream.........

cindy
thanks for sharing the price list. makes it easier to decide whether wan to go for the sale..
happy.gif

denmy,
SL placed order for your CB products. u still need me to buy?

May
poor jamie. must give her lots of water to drink.

Hi carrot_soup,
Welcome!! Me too found it too young to canes them. I too give my son a stern look &amp; said NO &amp; if still don't listen I'll smack his hand.

Hi SY,
Thanks for your offer. Pasir Ris a bit far for me
happy.gif

Hi Sunny,
I did get goodies bag for my son Jan b'day party. Its only for kids which consist of lollipop, wafer, m&amp;ms chocolate, a party blow &amp; a stationary pack.

Cookie,
Forgot to congratulate you earlier!!! If you are worried, can buy fresher folic acid from pharmacy, think about $4 only. My last trip to gynae cost $175 just to see the sac at 5 weeks... ya, should have waited till about 8 weeks.

Here's the update:
1. Denmy (17.5 weeks)
2. Esther (10 weeks?)
3. Tabbs
4. Cindy (7 weeks)
5. Cookie (6 weeks)

Hi Yuki,

Thks for the touching video. I cried so much cos it reminds me of my 1st baby who pass away 2 years ago. The daddy's love is so amazing!

RE: Jamie
Greedy Jamie, My mum say she seems to like Soy Milk alot. So HENG.. at least she is taking in something. I dunno what caused this but the PD suspect it is the FAMOUS virus lor. Can't wait to go back to take care of her.

Wendyheng,
Is this his first haircut? In order not to let Jamie scared of cutting hair, I bring her to stand near and see how pple cut hair. Then I bring her to the Children Hair Salon at Suntec where they show Barney/Hi-5 VCD while cutting children's hair. So Jamie will get distracted and learn to enjoy cutting hair.

cindy,
Would like to get some of the J&amp;J items u posted. Do u wan me to post it or PM u?

No takers for the HT cereal?

Sharon Sum
Sorry to read abt your lost...*hugzzz*

Cindy
Thanks Thanks..
happy.gif

Oh too bad.. I gone thru your list.. seems like the item I like is not on discount.

SL/Clare
on the contrary.. tho kaelyn also bian zhui but her cry is always real... her tear drop are so big drop..really hum bao

sunny
my friend prepared a goody bag when I attend party last week.
kaelyn seems to know how to play with 1 of the toy, dunno what u call that, as for the blower... I blow and she is happy to watch me.
But I think goody bag is more suitable for older children.

Hi SY,

I work in Ang Mo Kio.
sad.gif
Don't think u will pass by that area hor... Its ok lah. Paiseh to trouble u. Tot u stays around SK or Punggol. :p

May,

Muz take good care of yourself. Need a healthy strong mummy to look after baby. I understand how you feel when Aden was admitted last time. I stayed with him for 4 nights in hospital. Everyday just hoping his milk intake will increase.

Cake avenue,
Besides precious moment, anyone who needs me to inform Cake avenue. Please pm me your name. Sorry precious moment, I forgot your real name liao.

SSF/Valerie/annie/cookie
thanks for sharing the goodie bag stuff. i bought some stuff for the bb guests. but it's more for the parents to have fund with the bb. keke....

SY,
Yes, I still want the cali bb body wash cos I'm super low liao... thanks! and sl too, thanks! btw, SL, can i check if my order with you is 2 bottles?

May,
Good to hear Jamie is drinking well now. Hope she gets well soon. Poor girl...

SH,
Should keep mornitoring JW and always trust your instinct.

re: blowing and sucking
So happy... Keenan can blow a recorder 2 weeks back and when I gave him a harmonica last weekend, he could blow and suck too!! He enjoys doing his new-found skill very much and both the recorder and harmonica are his current favourite toys.
happy.gif

Denmy,
Sorry I forgot to inform you that I included 2 packs of Page Pebbles (L + XL) for you as you did not indicate which size you actually wanted. Please do not feel obligated to take both. Take the one u need and u can return me the other pack another day. As for payment just less off the amount will do. Hope all the items are in order. =)

Clare,
Thanks. Btw, cos I didn't go to the SB class, I didn't get to see the goods. Who is it with now? What about the album, will you be bringing in the cols Sky and Red Apple?

Annie
yup, dun really pass by AMK....

Denmy
can, will still add in your order.

Cindy
the normal johnson baby lotion not on discount?

Sunny,
How heavy is the bday cake u ordering from pine gdns? If got at least 2kg, u can consider joining us for the BP disc. We need 5 orders to get the disc.

RE: Pine Gardens Bday Cakes

Anyone ordering from Pine gardens??
Wanna poll our names together for group discount?
They agreed to give a group discount of 8% (although not as much as cake ave) for 5 or more orders of min. 2 kg cake. Their cake prices range from $30-$35/kg.
Do note tat this discount is applicable for the cake only and is not inclusive of artistic charges. They will refund us the discounted amount via cheque after we have confirmed &amp; paid our cakes. Here's their link.....
www.pgcake.com &amp; www.photoshow.net/view/qOzNQeKBf

1. wenyl (Getting a 2kg)
2. tabbiesus (2kg)
3. sunny ?????

May,
Hope Jamie recovers soon! Hang in there!

Denmy,
Keenan so smart! Can play musical instruments liao! Kekeke!

mummies...interview today was OK but i heard if shortlisted still have to go down for another interview with HR. **faint** anyway if get it will start in Jan 07 also..coz now already into dec.

cindy - thanks for sharing J&amp;J sales again.
no prob abt the money. in fact i forgotten abt it already. hee..i am interested in buying J&amp;J wipes as i find them thick and moist enough. last time i remembered u mentioned per pack of 80pc is $2. no more that offer? i see that now is abt $3 per pack? are the things here more ex than the previous staff sale? btw, i hope things are OK with u and ur mum.

sharon_sum - sorry to hear abt your plight. don;t brood on the past...the journey ahead will be brighter and full of blessings.

SH - don;t worry too much and monitor ur bb. at least now u have a ease of mind after consulting a PD.

Hi Cindy,

Sorry I missed your post, but is it you can get these items at a discount? How to pick up fr you? If yes, can I get the following:

Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bath 1000ml $6.00 $8.95 33% (2 bottles)
Johnson's Baby Softlotion Calming 500ml $6.50 $11.20 42% (1 bottle)

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo 6oz $4.00 $8.40 52% (2 bottles)
Johnson's Baby Gold Shampoo 800ml $6.50 $11.05 41% (is this the no more tears? If yes,1 bottle)

If cannot get, its ok as well.

;)

Hi May,.

Take care and hope your bb recover soon..

Hi Mummies,.
RE: Vomit and Diarrhoe virus.

Be careful with this virus and will be spread to your partner....the virus is tru sliver and dont share food with bb or hb or your family .. Remember to wash hand with soap when carry bb.
I took 3 days to recover and right now is my hb turn. As I have try to self clean my self from him but he still got it. Right now I was worry about my baby..hope will not spread to her.
I have done a lot think with given her a bit of multi vitamin, and Vitamin C to avoid this happen to her.

Hi Denmy &amp; Wendy,.
RE: Pang Bao Bao

Do let me know by tomorrow as I will meet her on this thursday for the collection. My email is [email protected]
Where are your stay???

Hi Mummies,..

RE: Sweet Christmas Present to share
I have bought hb and myself mickey mouse shirt as a christmas present as well as plan to wear on bb birthday.

And tonight I got a christmas present from hb. It was Crumper bag with green color. I have long long ago wanna to have this bag. It just SE BU DE.cost slightly $$$
happy.gif
I did not know when he knw I like this bag... He has asked me to choose color of the bag on last saturday. As I was sick due to food poisoning than I also blur blur and dun knw what he mean and tell him GREEN LOR..than went sleep again. Today evening after dinner he asked me out and went to Wheelock place. When we were reached the Crumper shop and I know he was talking to a sales girl but me just ignore cos I looking at the bag I like. Haa....haa.... He called me and pass me the big plastic bag with 2 Crumper bags inside. And he asked me " you like the bag that I bought for you and I also get myself a black color crumper bag so that we have same bland mickey mouse shirt and same bland crumper bag " Alamak,..I'm so blur and realise that he bought me my dream bag.....
happy.gif
I dun know what to say cos blur blur and happy..I just said Thanks
happy.gif

linda,

your hb is so sweet...

I was hinting my hb that i wanna a gucci messenger bag as x'mas present....duno he will get me or not

SSF,

wat job are you applying...think if you get the next interview with HR..most likely is to to final about salary...good luck to you..

Wenyl
i will be getting at least 2kg.
happy.gif
hope we can get 5 cakes here in time.

RE: Pine Gardens Bday Cakes

Anyone ordering from Pine gardens??
Wanna poll our names together for group discount?
They agreed to give a group discount of 8% (although not as much as cake ave) for 5 or more orders of min. 2 kg cake. Their cake prices range from $30-$35/kg.
Do note tat this discount is applicable for the cake only and is not inclusive of artistic charges. They will refund us the discounted amount via cheque after we have confirmed &amp; paid our cakes. Here's their link.....
www.pgcake.com &amp; www.photoshow.net/view/qOzNQeKBf

1. wenyl (Getting a 2kg)
2. tabbiesus (2kg)
3. sunny (2kg)

hi mummies
Is it ok to go for pedicure during pregnancy?
I vaguely remember... it may not be good to apply nail polish?...
Anyone go for pedi or mani during pregnancy?

cookie
i went for pedi, mani once during my pregnancy. :p
it's the same concept that ppl apply for colouring the hair. i read some magazine that there's no proven studies showed that those will harm bbs. but there are other school of thought mentioned that it's not advisable to do it especially there's wound on your fingers/toes/scalp 'cos those chemical will enter to the body through the wound...
happy.gif

Back