(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

interesting to read about the first driving experience... lucky for me, i got my licence easy in aust coz they allow pple to take test using Auto cars. However I still learnt how to drive in manual coz my then bf drove a manual sports car. So I learnt how to drive using that car. Not much problem for me except for roundabouts. I used to have problem doing that. keke...

Wendy & Valerie, did u gals study in melb too? coz i read about u both driving along Great Ocean Road. Juz wondering if we could have been schoolmates! :p
 


re:blogging
mummies who blog, can help? Suddendly i can't upload pics. was able to do it till ystrdy. I click add image, then browse and upload. it will say done, but no pics appear in my preview. so frustrating.

i can use picasa to do it, but picasa only allows one picture to be uploaded or a collage. how can i upload say 3 pics at once using picasa? I want 3 pics to appear in one post..haiz. i was jus about to post about the swim gathering.
 
cookie,
oh dear, Kaelyn still having runny nose? I don't have any quick remedies for runny nose . Whenever Megan gets it, I just try to let her nap more n of cos no aircon. And lots of tender loving care too
happy.gif
 
TRacy
Picasa does allow you to upload several pictures at one go. Just click on the pics you want and also click "Hold", the pictures you want will be in the tray, similar to the collage, then you just click on the "Blog It" button. Sure do the trick!

Have fun!
 
hi Mummies,
have been super busy these few days....

re:mini gathering

A) Mamachan's place @ Redhill
B) Esther's place @ East
C) Function Room eg. SAFRA Telok Blangah

I'm fine for any place, but it would be better if we can accomodate all the mummies and bbs who want to join in, the more the merrier..
happy.gif


Clare,
dun bother about all the other rude drivers. I agree that driving in Singapore is very stressful, I use to laugh at my ex-boyfriend when he got so mad at the wheel, who knows after I started driving again (5 years after I passed my driving!), I also turned out like that... haha, it's like a spilt personality thingy, when I'm not driving, I'm smiley and calm and mild, the moment I get behind the wheel, I become a monster, cursing and swearing, and all the %@*& words start coming out.... hee hee... if drivers glare at you, just glare back at them... I've become super thick skinned over the years! But I remember my first drive... was shaking and shivering... oh, and never try to drive with your hubby or someone experienced besides you... unless he keeps totally quiet... I go mad when people keep offering me advise while I'm driving... after a while you will love driving. Now I am more gung ho than my hubby, but that was b4 bb lah... remember doing 130km once on the PIE towards Tuas on a sunday morning, so shiok, was driving a Mazda 323 then, really good car, so much tat I didn't even realise it was 130km until I glanced at the speedometer... haha. Have fun driving!
 
Cookie- celeste also having blocked nose.. been 2 days aldy and tis morning, stil woke up crying and cld hear the stuffiness in her little nose... so heart pain for her... to add to that, im having my tests tis week, so stress...
sad.gif
if she doesn't get well tmr, will bring her to PD liao... so cared she got phelgm in her throat, cos i thot i heard some choky sound but HB says dun think so...

i also no remedy on hand but i only instructed the maid to give her more warm water today, hopefully it helps to clear the phelgm...
 
mamachan
yes. 9 sept ok for me.
thanks for helping! and can't trace who swap with me. thanks anyway!
happy.gif


demny
where did you go for travel? the medical fee was so ex!!! but most importantly is bb is ok.
happy.gif
 
Hi Celine, Wendy and Valerie,

I studied in Aust too but in Sydney! Been to Great Ocean Road and i love it. Actually i like Mel better than Sydney!
happy.gif


Got my auto licence in Aust too and was 'force' to drive immediately when my sister came visiting. rented a car and drove her around. Looking back, don't know where i got the guts from. And my poor sis - risking her life with a inexperience driver. And worse, she's my navigator cos i can;t look at the map when i drive... And she' just a visitor!!! Ha Ha.. One blur driver plus one blur navigator... how bad can it can?

Anyway, a funny thing happened then. My friend's dad came visiting too and all my housemates pushed the driving to me in order for me to gain expereince. We woke up early on sunday morning to attend church service and my friend's dad was in the front seat with me. He was all sleepy and dozed off in the car. I was driving rather fast and had to made a right turn upon my friend's late instruction and who knows immediately after the turn is a traffic light, turning red! I jamed on the brake in time. From that moment on, my friend's dad stayed awake throughout the journey and he has his hands on the 'handle' located right on top of the car window, sitting upright. eyes opened, all ready to shout for me to stop when he sees a traffic light in front..........

But that's about all i can say of my driving experience... Wish i continue to drive ..... I read with envy when most of the mothers here can drive..... I don't have any more courage to drive now.........

So Clare, don't let your fright stop you!
 
Re: Driving

Reading your driving experiences makes me want to smile. Haha. I remember my 1st time too, the day that I passed, on the same night itself, I drive my mum's mini van and unto PIE from Tampines back to town! I was shivering and nervous and didn't help that my hb (then bf) was beside me, nagging me non-stop! (what's with men and their wives driving?) I talked out loud to the vehicles in front of me and tell them to get out of my way! haha, as though they can hear me like that... my hb said i was siao!
 
cookie
you might wanna observe if the running nose/blocked nose is due to catching cold or heatiness. for my gal, if she's too heaty, she will be having bit of rashes here and there e.g. pimple like red dot. then i will give her more water. and will not switch on the fan during night.
to ease her uncomfy on running nose, will get the nasal sucking tool (tube kind) to suck out the mucus...
don't let her take citrus fruit and banana hor, it will cause phelgm.
 
Hi yuki,
wow we have so many aust grads!! i oso prefer melb compared to sydney. have been to sydney 3 times already. during school break nothing better to do, so went there for holiday... but i love gold coast best! been there twice already and tot of bringing there this dec.
 
Hi celine,

Sydney is very much like Singapore so not that 'refreshing'... I love the 'culture' feeling at Mel.
happy.gif
Great Ocean Road, Grampians etc.... so much more to offer than Sydney. I didn;t even bring my sister to the 'well known' Blue Mountains when she come visiting cos i tell her it's not worth it! Ha.

Gold Coast is nice too. Very relaxing and fun....Waiting for my gals to be more grown up before bringing them there
happy.gif


All differenct places (Mel, Sydney, Gold Coast, Tasmania etc..) gives different type of feeling isn;t it?
 
SSF,
haha welcome to the group of aussie grads! infact i was considering whether to bring edgar to perth or goldcoast this dec. do u have any advise/feedback for bringing bb to perth? wat's to do there? basically i like the beach. so tot perth or goldcoast would be a nice place.

Yuki,
haha agree that blue mountains nothing spectacular. actually Great Ocean Road oso nothing much lah. juz that the drive along the cliff is quite exciting. gotta really trust the driver! fully agree tat each place offers different feel... personally i like melb and gold coast best! :D
 
Wah, really a lot of Aussie grads here!
happy.gif

I have only been to Melb (for my wedding photoshoot) and Sydney. Agree with Yuki, love Melbourne! Sydney not so nice, but outskirts are much better.

My younger sis studying in UMelb now. Anyone from Umelb? She's graduating next Dec, so should be going to Melb again to attend her graduation ceremony. Thinking of bringing Isaac to Gold Coast first before heading to Melb. But Dec is super hot in Australia right?
 
SSF
i am from UWA!!!

wow.... so many aussie grads! me thinking of either perth, gold coast or melb to go this year....
 
sunny, SSF,

yes, i took bb to PD the night b4 we left for Bali and he gave me Calpol and some runny nose/ cough med. But we panicked when we were there when his fever went up to 39.6 and Calpol wasn't helping at all.... The doc and her 2 uniformed assistants actually came to the villa plus 4 suitcases of medical stuff... so I guess I was paying for these little frills lor...
sad.gif
and the funny thing is that they don't even have a digital ear thermometer!!! They using the humble old mercury one... and me and my fren got 1 each... aiyo... didn't know what to make of it then...
 
SSF,

Sorry - still washing the clothes. Do you mind to wait for the pics?

re: Aus

Wow! Didn't know that we have so many Aussie grads here.

mamachan,

thks for making the arrangements!

denmy,

wow! didn't know that medical care is so ex in Bali. I brought the common medicine for Charmaine to Aus with me but thankfully didn't need to use it.

SSF,

you might wanna visit your PD to get medicine before leaving Singapore too. My PD prescribed fbeer, diahoerra, nose drop when she knaws that we are going oversease with Charmaine.

queen,

i just came back from Gold Coast/Sydney. it's really nice and relaxed there. the nursing roomsa re great too! there's even microwave and bottle warmers. how i wihs our local nursing rooms can be like that....

re: driving
all the first driving experiences are so funny.... can't help laughing....
 
Hi mummies
Decide to post some ideas that we can do as a group since our babies are growing up so fast and becoming more mobile! As some of us have been chatting over MSN, ideas (some mummies contributed to it) in my head just bubbled away.

These are the following:

1) Picnic (idea by Wenyl) can be held at Botanical Gardens, away from huge crowds.

2) Jan thread Family Day at Sentosa - let bbs explore the sand and sun and sea!

3) EDD Jan bbs 1st year b-day celebration - held in a function room, maybe SAFRA? Proposed Date: Early Feb 2007 as I guess most of us will be busy organizing our own individual b-day parties for our darlings in Jan. We can have it as hi-tea, have birthdy cakes for our darlings (suitable for their consumption of coz!) and us to eat.

Any other ideas to add on? I can help in the planning process. hahaha!
 
Aussie grads:
so how many do we have here? let me do a count:

1.celine - melb
2.wendy - melb
3.valerie - melb
4.yuki - Sydney
5.SSF - Perth
6.Sunny - Perth

any more???
 
Mini-Gathering at tabbiesus'@ Holland Village, 23rd September 2.30pm (max. 15 families)
1) MamaChan + hb + bb
2) Tracy + hb + bb
3) Sept03bride + hb+ bb
4) Rachel + hb + bb
5) Celine + bb
6) God's child + hb+ bb
7) Esther + hb + bb
8) ling ling + hb + bb
9) SH + hb + bb
10) rena + hb +bb
11) Denmy + hb + bb
12) tabby + hb + bb
13) linda + hb + bb
14) sleepingdeer + hb + bb
15) wenyl + hb + bb
 
mamachan,

i liked both the idea of picnic at botanic gardens and sentosa! We can do it when our darlings are 1 yr old - maybe some of them can walk already - more fun!
 
celine - i actually did a distance learning course so was in perth for only 3 wks. I went to fremantle market (smaller than mel victoria market)...a ferry ride from Perth city and also Rottnest island(nice beach for snorkling and cycling) then outside the city, you can drive up to monkey bay where dolphins will swim to the hotel shore every morning. so can bring ur bb to see dolphins up close and personal. then there is also the margaret river for its winery. overall quite a nice and peaceful getaway.

denmy - i see so u did got ur medicine from dr sim. Btw, thanks for reminding me to bring my digital thermometer. i almost forget abt that.

sl - i think that's fine coz i just got a sweater from my colleague and will br getting some from my nephew. so i don;t think i be getting any. thks anyway! and yes i will be getting medicine from dr sim before my trip.
 
sl, celine
Heh heh, Wenyl tot of the idea of picnic, me just tot of location. But it'll be good, nature lessons for the little ones. When they're even older, can bring to children's world at the zoo

Esther
The cow print dress so cute!!! Haha, Daren has a similar cow print full bodysuit from mothercare. Haha, he looks cute wearing it.
 
Hi Mummies,

My baby is coming to 7 months, about the same age as all of yours. I just want to check on the weight gain as she has been hovering around 6kg - 6.8kg for the past 1 month. Is this normal ? Any of your babies having this ? Or are their weight always increasing ?
 
hi encounter85 - my son just past 7 mths and he weighs at 7.9kg when we weigh him recently. did u check with ur PD if her weight is OK? but i do hear from my frds that girls tends to be smaller in size as compare to boys.
 
encounter85
think there are many reasons affecting baby's weight gain. its best to check with your PD. if your girl weight gain has been increasing and eating well then things should be fine.

today my boy is 7 mths, weighs at 8.9kg. PD highlighted he is in the 75% range, so no worries that im underfeeding him. so far his weight been increasing steadily. last visit to my PD was 1st July, his weight was 8kg. so over the 6 weeks he gained 900 gram.

hope my info helps, best the check with your PD to clear your doubts...
 
sophia,

i also have the cow's print from mothercare..so cute hor!! love to see her in that..but now she cant wear it anymore..
sad.gif


celine,

no meaning for the dress...jus like cow prints..make them look so cute lor...so i specially ordered the cloth from US!
 
*Updates*
Mini-Gathering at tabbiesus'@ Holland Village, 23rd September 2.30pm (max. 15 families)
1) MamaChan + hb + bb
2) Tracy + hb + bb
3) Sept03bride + hb+ bb
4) Rachel + hb + bb
5) Celine + bb
6) God's child + hb+ bb
7) Esther + hb + bb
8) ling ling + hb + bb
9) SH + hb + bb
10) rena + hb +bb
11) Denmy + hb + bb
12) tabby + hb + bb
13) linda + hb + bb
14) sleepingdeer + hb + bb
15) wenyl + hb + bb

Food - do you all want to share the costs of food? if pot luck, must bring portion for 20 pple instead of 30 as if each one brings something, sure have lots of left-overs!
1) Famous Shunfu muffins (Rena ordering)
2) Tiong Bahru bao and lor mai kai (MamaChan getting)
3) Subway Party Platter (mummies keen in eating this?)
4) Drinks (Any mummies wanna bring drinks? I can bring tea bags (Camomile/mint/apple).
 
I like the idea of a picnic at BG or Sentosa. My HB is there every alt Sun. He plays volleyball there with his group of kakis
happy.gif
 


Hi mummies,
Went to Clementi to check out the cheap outlets during lunch. Bought 2 Abercrombie T-shirts for myself ($8 each), 1 $3 berm and a Baby Gap T-shirt for $5! So happy.

Here's the baby t-shirt. The 2 shops are opposite each other. Song Fashion is at Blk 442, #01-97 next to Giordana while the other one I saw was just racks extended out of another shop but has interesting clothes too, more for bb girls.

490780.jpg
 

Back
Top