(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

stroller recall
I got a techno XT. Any idea how or where to return it? What will they do with it? Replace or refund?

sunny - congrats! part time means pay cut too? if so, make sure ur work load also got cut else u be underpaid and over work. my co not very keen on part time or work from hm. my boss said boss said u can choose ur own timing to work. hmm..not a solution for me as i still have to clock 8.5hrs each day. haiz...i am already looking for job in the east. see how it goes or i will use my leave until it becomes null.

mashy - no i still bathe the 2 boys and together in a bath tub. realise that the tub is getting smaller esp now that they are bigger. have to position them probably so that their legs are away from their private areas. haha..

wenyl - heard of prudential hotel but never stayed there before. disney land hotel is good esp after walking at the park the whole day, the last u need is to take the train to the city and back to the hotel. fyi fireworks start at 7pm or 8pm. so it be dark after the whole thg. best is to take shuttle direct to hotel and rest those feet. u can have breakfast with the characters at the restaurant in disneyland hotel. i did there last yr when i was there. there is also a heated pool in disneyland hotel but not at hollywood hotel. they even have bedroom slippers for kids. very cute!

may - i have started C for music class with SEIMPI since Aug tis yr. its a parent accompanied class and now i have also learnt to read those notes and play simple songs. hahaa....speaking of which, this sat, there is a presentation where the kids have to play a song from the music book. i asked c what song will he be playing...he answered "hot cross bun lor" so yaya...buay tahan! haa..but overall, he enjoys the class and its also a great bonding session with him too.

SSF - Thanks for the tips! Yes, we planning to stay at disneyland hotel. Just couldn't decide if we should do 1N or 2N there.

Wenyl - Prudential is nice. I stayed there b4 & I think they have renovated the place in the recent years. You can cover the (small) park in a day & so 1 nite stay at Disneyland shd be good enough.

SSF - Haha, I was one of those. C fell asleep when the fireworks ended & I carried him to the station & all the way to TST station before he woke up from his power nap. Fortunately, there were kind people who gave up their seats on the train for me :p Wasn't too bad though
happy.gif

MamaChan, well, 1 mindset is that if u don't let your pre-schooler try out various activities, u eventually may not as singapore school system forces all these out as kids starts school at 7. I've heard/seen so many dropping the extra stuff when they start moving up pri school, so it's a time that we let them explore various interesting options.... more so than the $$, time is more difficult to manage ... yes, i do get people telling me he's doing so many things coz where to find the time to do?? but he's been doing this for the past 2 yrs and a routine's been established.... thankfully, we managed, and on cost, we go for the cheaper options and not the best. Most of these are nearby my place ... this become a key point esp when one tries to manage cost vs time factor...

Sunny, he's doing Electone and piano... Electone at cc was moved to Sunday after he completed his 2-yrs there and I wanted to stop and convert to piano bcos of timing, and hence started him on piano. Somehow, I managed to get a higher level Electone class for him on weekday and since he likes both, we are staying put for now. I myself have never gone thru' any music training, and so to me, to have them thru' basic music progs is good enough ... I don't think I have the dedication nor commitment to do violin or other music instruments, esp when I think my boys are more sports-inclined... the older one's doing competitive gym and I think the younger one will be roped in in a few years' time, and so all these are in considerations when you gauge the time you have to juggle all the various commitments.

.ky.

sysac,
Thanks for the advice! We r going for 1N disney hotel stay since they are offering 2 day pass for us. Shld be more than enuf for the boys. Did Cephas enjoy himself there with the rides? I wonder if my boys will chicken out or not. Worse come to worse, mummy here will "cheong" the rides alone. :D Yes, we decided on Prudential hotel. Hopefully when the boys nap, mummy here can "cheong" again the shopping mall below. Kekekeke!

Mashy,
Thanks for the useful info! I need to get the cover!

Maclaren Strollers
Actually, from the link that mashy posted, I share the same sentiments as mumusings. The stroller accidents that amputated the fingers of the 12 children are highly likely due to negligence. it's like 12 out of the millions of strollers being sold. There might be more cases that are unreported, we never know, but the incidence rate is really low when you compare the number of strollers sold vs the number of accidents reported.

Nonetheless, since the local agent is providing the hinge covers FOC, then those with existing Maclaren strollers should get it.

We just have to exercise caution when we open/fold the stroller and make sure our kids are at a safe distance.

maclaren strollers

I emailed Maclaren and mothercare to enquire and they have responded that they are currently waiting for the cover kits to arrive by next week and they'll inform me when they're here and they'll assist in installing the cover kits at their stores.

Alternatively, we can call up the distributor at 68441188 and look Agnes, Wina, or Grace.

SSF
ya, leave, pay and bonus will all be cut by half. i think my boss will also cut my work by half bah. 'cos she mentioned that she would try to get another staff in. hopefully my big boss approves my application.

mashy
thanks for the information on getting the hinge. i will ask my hb to get it next week. hopefully no long Q for getting it since it's FOC. :p

ky
sometimes i really wish that there are more than 7 days in a week, and more than 24 hrs in a day. haha...

<font color="119911"><font size="+2">Hi mummies! Sorry to intrude, i need to get Nestle Nan 3 milk sachets urgently.
If you have or know where to get them, please kindly PM me.
My budget is 50cents per sachet. Thanks for your help! </font></font>
happy.gif

MamaPanda
So does Mothercare give out the over kits as well?

ky
I understand where you're coming from. It's good that you also have the time to bring them for their enrichment activities now especially on weekdays which definitely doesn't take up time on weekends.

For my hb and I, time is one factor, distance another and then followed by cost. Weekends to us are precious time for heading out and doing things together as a family. Since my hb himself has his own "ECA" on Saturday mornings - Clay Shooting, we've arranged for the Berries class to be on a Sat morning so that our afternoons will be freed up to do other things/run errands.

mamachan
I bought my stroller from MOthercare, so they called me to inform me about this cuz I registered my warranty with them when I bought it. They'll call me when the kits arrive so I can go down to any mothercare to have it installed.

MamaPanda
OIC...hmmm, I got mine as a present but I know it's purchased from MotherCare. I'm not too sure about the warranty eh...don't remember if I saw the warranty card.

Mamachan,
You try calling Baby Hyperstore at the above mentioned no. and leave them ur contact no. The lady says will inform me when the cover arrives next week. I told her I don't know where is my warranty. She says just bring down the stroller will do.

Wenyl - Yes, C enjoyed the rides. Start at Fantasyland as the rides are suitable for them. Your boys shd be fine. Dun miss out on the parades as the kids enjoyed them quite a bit.

Oh yes, hold on to them as it is crowded &amp; make sure eye power is on them if they are not near you. Some of the visitors tend to push &amp; not see kids as they are below their eye level.

mamachan

transferred $30 to your posb already. Details as follows :

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reference No. </TD><TD>20091113106229 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Date </TD><TD>13/11/2009 09:47 </TD></TR><TR><TD>From Account </TD><TD>Savings Account 50x-x-xxxx10 </TD></TR><TR><TD>To Account </TD><TD>Sofia 01xxxxx60 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amount </TD><TD>SGD 30.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Transfer Type </TD><TD>Immediate </td></tr></table>

Thanks and sorry for the wait. Haven't been back in office lately due to sick A and sick papa at home.

sysac - lucky u...when we were on the MTR, sometimes we didnt manage to get any offers for their seats despite us carrying 2 kids. some simply stared and ignored. of cos there are some kind souls who still exists in HK. haha...

sunny - tats great to have support from ur boss. mine not so supportive...

wenyl - sysac is right. start with fantasyland. winnie ride is quite popular. u can get speed pass.so get that speed pass for winnie first and come back later. my kids like the mad tea cup. haha..oh and the small small world ride is very good too. beware of kidnappers...hold on to your dear boys as close to u as possible. enjoy! the weather shld be good.

wenyl

my boy likes winnie the pooh ride, astroblast, the car ride (can't remember what it's called) and he could take most rides. If u go early in the morn and on weekdays, it's not so crowded. We didn't queue very long for the pooh bear ride.

SSF - I think at Sunny Bay, this Chinese lady beckoned me to take over her seat when we boarded and the minute she vacated her seat, this Filipino plonked herself down. I looked at her &amp; said loudly :"Excuse me but that seat's meant for me..." She gave me a dirty look &amp; got up to let me sit. She was right in front of the Chinese lady &amp; she saw her beckoning to me &amp; yet plonked herself down! Hee hee...

Anyway, I only got the free' seats during that ride as C was asleep. The other times weren't so lucky when we took the trains as C was awake in my arms.

Wenyl - Have a fun-filled trip!

SSF, Sysac &amp; Mashy,
Thanks for all your recommendations &amp; tips! I hope it wun be too cold for the kids as we are only leaving in mid Dec.

Wenyl
My hb mentioned that HK will be cold in December since its late autumn, mayber just bring adequate clothes to layer on according to the weather. Also, you might encounter rain too.

Mamachan,
I am looking around for warmer clothes for the kids now. Oh yes, better bring umbrella/raincoat. Thanks for reminder!
happy.gif

cup cakes
Anyone has the contacts for the cupcakes we bought for some of the gatherings? I'm thinking of ordering cupcakes for company function.

yuki
Heard from CL u jus ordered cupcakes from her shifu? How much does she charge for the cup cakes? I'm thinking of ordering 50-60 for my office's christmas party.

Just to share an innocent and funny conversation btw the two gals:
Ashley: Megan, can you share the cake with me?
Megan: No.
After a while.........
Megan: Jie Jie, I can give you some cake.
Ashley: How much?
Megan: It’s Free, no need money.
Upon hearing this, grandma and mummy burst out laughing……….

was super busy with my son's exam last mth and finally tommorow is the big day....getting his report book...keeping my finger crossed....mummy is more excited than him.

Will be leaving to Germany this week. I am not sure how am i going to survive there alone without my boys.

Mamachan/Mashy/CL,
Alot of his classmates scored more than 90%...
I was rather disappointed coz he made alot of careless mistake for his English..eg forgot full stop, got all his grammer mixed up...etc.

BP
aiyo relax. I was disappointed with Charmaine's maths also what. And when daddy ask her what her other fren score, she give me the best answer " teacher says cannot compare you know. It is no good."

So come on, he is just P1, as long as he has tried his best then it is ok.

My gal knows she did not do her best best and her best friend is in top 5. She knows she has to pull her socks to be in same class with her friend. So lets see if she will buck up in P2

BP

which of us never made any careless mistake? :p It happens. And it teaches him to be more careful next time. Esp for boys who ain't very detailed in the first place. I remembered feeling upset in Pri sch when i scored 99.5 in Maths becoz i didn't round up to the nearest 2 decimal places. Imagine if my mom felt that she should be disappointed coz of my careless mistake. I could have gotten 100 leh. The mistake didn't cost me an arm or leg, just a bruise to my ego then. It didn't affect my 'future' for better or for worse either.

It's just primary school, so take it easy.

BP
LOL. I think careless mistakes are rather common in Primary school children. I know when I was that age, I made lots of careless mistakes. So long your boy is willing to learn from the mistakes and just move forward and strive to do better next year bah.

You don't say lah, even us at work, we sometimes make careless mistakes too but we learn from that and be better.

Lasik
I'm feeling nervous and excited all at the same time! I'm due to go for my LASIK later this afternoon at NUH eye center...apparently they are using the latest bladeless machine or something that involves customization. Wish me all the best!

BP,
86% is very good liao for a start. That leaves room for improvements. My nephew was top 10 in his class for P1 1st exam. Then his parents all set higher expectations for him. But by yr end, he dropped to top 20, can't hit top 10 in class. Even the poor kid felt the pressure &amp; disappointment. Felt sad for my nephew cos he is only in P2 now &amp; already so pressurised. I remember I was still playing "hantam bola" &amp; zero point everyday after school in P2. Gone are those care-free days for our kids.

Mamachan,
All the best for your op! U will nvr regret going for this. Its the best decision I made for myself.
happy.gif

Mashy,
Dun need to envy, u can go for it too even if u r breastfeeding u know. Yesterday, Dr Theng was on the news...I dunno the details but I think he performed a new technology for those with high degree.

Back