2005 East Mommies

hello,
caught the deadly flu. lost my voice so cannot scream at josh..
i had a party for josh.. it was a 2 day affair.. sat and sun!! sat- MIL side, sun- FIL side.. my family just come any day that they are free.. aiyoh! even the maid headache.. small party is gd!! the last guest left my hse at 11.30pm!! can believe they stayed so long.. i was exhausted!
jas,
no prob la.. i told u i got size 4T so when u collect, yr son still can wear..
happy.gif

twinsmummy,
Glad to hear tat u r well. Drink more water & take plenty of rest to restore your energy. Same goes to Ethel & oreos. Hope everyone are doing well.
happy.gif

Carrie,
A buffet or cook a simple few dishes plus 1 cake at home?

Ethel,
That's very tiring & I hate this kind of event! I had a super big crowd (dun noe who are they) from IL's side during Edna's full month, and it make me & my gal super tired. So for her coming 1st yr b'day, I strictly told my hubby that We invite the guests not ILs. Keke..

hi mummies,
thought of not having it at home, otherwise so cramp and lots of pre and post cleaning to do.. hehe..

ya lor.. many people whom i don't know for my boy's first month too, they will eat and talk among themselves anyway, my side only my immediate family.. i got to see through everything, too much food still got to beg people to bring home.. eee..

hi ethel,
2 days affair? wah! must be super sian.. if that friend stay till 12noon, can be considered 3 days then.. aiyoh..

Carrie,
U are special. Haha..
I celebrated my girl 1yr old bday and we invited friends and some relatives.

My gal full month celebration was a two day event, one for frd and one for relatives.

Ethel,
U sick ah! take care! WOW ur guests stayed till 11:30pm, not pai seh meh.. how can they trouble the host till so late!

Oreo,
u take care too. How is ur new place?

ethel
Yeah the pant is 4T... so it means I can tong pan the pant at your place till next year... hee hee..

ethel/oreos
Both of you take care too...

josh counted to 10 tdy!!
i was surprised! he was putting coins into my piggy bank and he was counting to himself! i only taught him till 5..
un, to, ti , por, fiv, siz , haven, egg , nai , ten!

jas,
i must say the pant are really nice.. pheobe bought same one as u.. i was so tempted to take hers
happy.gif
lucky hubby bought a denim overall for josh..

hong,
my tummy gowing so huge i can hardly breathe! 3 mths more to go.. so frightening! eeeks! do u still carry yr daughter? i haven carried josh since january! now i ask him "mummy carry u?" he say " dun wan na" and wave his hand.. sigh!!

twinsmummy,
i really wish i had twins.. i can know everything is double trouble but at least can close factory..

carrie,
the only part i enjoyed was chosing and cutting the cake.. look at it this way, u only hv to do for the 1st birthday!.. pretend planning for D&D.. :p

ethel, josh so clever.. hehe
huh? u gain quite a lot of weight issit? better rest well loh.. think i cant be meeting you up since you're so heavily pregnant and i'll be leaving next week already..
sad.gif

Ethel,
My tummy not very big. Everyone is saying i have a very compact tummy this time. I dun carry Janelle anymore but if she cry very bad or need comfort i will still try to carry her a while, just a few sec.

Ever since i'm pregnant, i told her i cant carry her anymore. She asked a few times and now she understands. Mummy cannot carry her so if she went out with me she will walk. She walk alot! Many of my frds saw Janelle all said she very kwai, can walk on her own. Well, the reason is i cant carry her, bo bian lor. hahhaa..

they say if talk first, then walk later..
josh is 16mths.. talk like hell but still walk like a drunked.. always fall so i cant bring him out..

i think i gained 12kgs.. i started with 50kgs.. eeekks! so scary.. having another kid! alrdy struggling with 1 later gotta handle 2 devils.. sigh!

Hi ladies,

I gave birth on 28th April after 24 hours of labour!
27th April midnight - water bag burst.
1am - Went to hospital. Put on CTG. Baby ok so asked to go home first and come back later. Only dilated 1cm
8am - Go back to hospital. Contractions like menstrual cramps. Still only dilated 1cm! But since water bag already burst doc said labour must start and end within 24 hours. So insert pill.
2pm - Still on 1cm dilated! Put on systocin drip. Contractions become more frequent and intense after that.
6pm - Only 2-3cm dilated!
7pm - 3-4 cm dilated. By this time already 19 hours in labour. Every contraction was hurting my back. Doc said will take another 6-8 hours more. I asked about painkillers even though I said I wouldn't. But another 6-8 hours of back pain didn't look too fun at that point. Doc agreed so that I can relax/rest and that would help speed up dilation and give energy to push later.
7.30pm - Got epidural
1135pm - 8cm dilated. But baby's head still very high, not fully engaged. Tried pushing but baby just don't want to move. CTG showed hearbeat dipping after every contraction. Baby's tired. Doc said no choice, have to do c-sect.
sad.gif

28th April midnight - Got prep to go OR.
12.22am - Brandon was born!

Had to stay 2 additional days because he had jaundice and was on TBF. Came home on Tue then on Fri went to see PD. Jaundice went up again so had to rent the lights at home. Today went to see PD, jaundice level has come down. So yippee!

harlo.. jilian. welcome back!
happy.gif

can rent light to do it at home huh? i didnt know about it leh.. mine stay in hospital for a total of 5 days hor and the highest level was at 21. so u dun worry too much.. it's quite common nowadays for nb to get jaundice.. u take care and rest well

me leaving spore tomorrow morning liao... cant online too often
sad.gif

Jilian,
u really had very long labour. How heavy is Brandon? The contraction pain will transfer to the back rite!

Yah same as Phoebe, didnt know the light can be rented. How much per day?

Hi mummies,
I still nursing my cold... Sneeze!
Jilian,
Congrats! Heee!! You 24h, I 25hr. So I know EXACTLY how you feel. Was told by my gynae that if after24h, bb not here yet, got to be prepared for c-sec. I think my gal heard so faster faster last hr she pop! Ha!!!
BB also got jaundice when she was born. Had to rent the bilibed to do the light therapy for her at home.Dun worry. IT's very common. After the treatment, bb will look a little "sunburnt" but in no time, they will be "bai bai "again.
happy.gif

Good to know that you are on TBF. Jia you and keep bfg
happy.gif

Pheobe,
You leaving for holiday or going overseas?

Hello,
Yeah phoebe, all in all I also stayed 5 days in hospital. While in hospital so stressed, cos milk not yet come in, and I know if no milk, Brandon cannot pee/poo then jaundice take longer to come down. So I was quite sad and cried quite a bit. But now the milk has come in or at least should be enough for him since he is gaining weight.

My PD recommended this private company that rent the lights. I got the bilibed which is Medela brand. It's quite cheap or at least cheaper than staying in hospital! It's about 250SGD for 3 days. I think have to rent for min of 3 days. So Brandon on the lights almost 24 hours a day except while bathing, feeding and changing. The lights are below the bed so he sleeps on the light, and cos the 'bed' is plastic it's very warm, so sometimes when he gets too hot he will cry. So we take him out and let him cool down a bit and put him on it again.

Hong, Brandon was 3.230 kg when born. But during labour he shifted position, so he couldn't come down the birth canal properly so like kena stuck.

Oreos, thanks for the encouragement.
happy.gif

hi jilian,
welcome back and congrats on the birth of brandon!
happy.gif

for myself, no symptoms except for severe back pain (later realised that was what they call contraction), endured throughout the night (afraid of false alarm) till about 8am, when i reach hospital, it was 6cm dilated.. no epidural but needs vacuum extraction..

hi mummies,
i surrender to my mil, will be celebrating my boy's first year birthday.. was browsing qzin (http://www.qzin.com.sg/index.htm) and eatz (http://www.eatzcatering.com/index.htm) website.. anybody tried before? or any other good recommendations? thanks in advance

Congrats Jilian!
So glad that Brandon's jaundice level is back to normal. That must be a tiring labour & pls take plenty of rest.
happy.gif

Ethel,
Believe it or not, I gained 18kg of weight during my preg days..keke...and in between, I still ride bicycle & chased after my cats. Me siao~
lol.gif

Carrie,
Finally u succumb to MIL liao ah.
happy.gif

No comment on this catering cos never try before. Someone recommend to you?

jilian.. dats cheap. at leastcan still see your baby hor.. mine was at hospital alone for 5 days.. i miss him so much esp at night..

oreos, will be going to melacca to help my in law.. their business over there. but still will get to come back every now and then..
happy.gif

hi cat_tail,
nobody recommend.. got it through yellow pages.. i have tried select, katong and melrose.. thought of getting something new.. always from same caterer also sianz.. hehe..

Carrie,
U want something different? Got 1 cater I try which serves good & real authentic Peranakan food especially their kuehs. *slurps

Phoebe,
Going for a gd break ah?
happy.gif

hi hong,
thanks, will check it out..

hi cat_tail,
any website for browsing? thanks.. i am fine with peranakan food but my ILs a bit troublesome..

Carrie,
Go to: http://www.penangplace.com/
Highly recommended!

As for your ILs, they really very hard to please hor!! Already u give in for a buffet liao, so I suggest u dun entertain them all the way. Pls, just cater what u like or else ask them to pay lor...haha

Jilian... congratulations!!! 24hr labour must be hard on you. Take care... rest well and drink lots of water to bring in the milk supply.

Phoebe... all the best and try to login when you can.

Carrie... so far I prefer Select for catering. My company uses Purple Sage. Not too bad as well.

JILIAN,
CONGRATULATIONS!! kowtow 2 yr 24hrs labour! u were still on the computer when yr water bag burst!! kow tow again.. Brandon came out big ah.. JOsh came out like kitten.. only 2.86kg. my labour only less than 2hrs. r u recovering well after c sect? can give me the contact for the suntan lights? i rather hv the bb at home too.. pls post pics soon..
CAt tail,
i also put on 18kgs for josh... i felt like gozilla.. cannot walk long.. u still can ride bicycle ah.. wah..
carrie,
i didnt cater, i went to buy 1 duck,1chicken, some satay/curry puff, cooked beehoon n chicken wings.. got some factory popiah/samosa.. cost was cheaper.. but troublesome.. but the food varieties better.

Ethel,
U did too!! That time I really look damn ugly when I put on so much, yuck!! Think I eat too much durians.

Carrie,
Suddenly Ethel gives me some idea! U can go to Old Airport Hawker ctr & tabao back.
happy.gif

hi cat_tail,
thanks, will check it out.. don't think can tabao lei, most likely going my AIL's place again.. if tabao there no food warmers, the food turns cold and they will make noise again.. sigh..

hi odie,
tried purple sage at my friend's place, not too bad.. thanks..

hi ethel,
i called amosco to ask if they have catering.. but too bad they don't have, otherwise can buy their mini rolls again.. haha.. heard their mini profiteroles are nice too..

Heh, if anyone ordering mini roll count me in ok.. I start to have craving for it..

Catering. I tried Select and Jack's place. I find their standard drop pretty badly.

Normally I dun give much comment on catering cos my MIL will be the one paying. hee hee..

Carrie,
Kidding lah..haha.. I guess your ILs side are pretty standard. A buffet, a cake & lots of relative to join in & they will be happy. Guess u can't siam liao.
happy.gif

Hey, if they pay hor, order from the cater I recommend..keke.. it's $20 per head.
lame.gif

Ethel,
Hehe, yeah I remember still talking to you before going hospital. Brandon didn't look that big but then he didn't seem that fragile also. The contact for the rental of the Medela Bilibed/Photolamp is 65636228. You can look for May.

Phoebe,
Yes. At least I can continue to breastfeed at home instead of expressing and bringing to hospital and worrying if not enough they feed him FM.

Re:
Post pics. Any idea how to re-size photos? The one taken direct from digital camera too big to post here.

Hi Jillian... thanks for the photos. Your boy has very sharp features for a newborn. Trust me... he will be a handsome boy.

jilian
congrats.... your boy is of good weight. so cute...

carrie
Eatz catering is not bad but I didn't cater from them before, I taste their food during one of my coy function. I think it is halal and if I am not wrong, it is actually the same as Jack's catering.

You can try Neo Garden... highly recommended too. I also use them for almost 90% of my events...

twinsmummy
It is known for MMR to cause fever but I think depends on individual. I think my boy had slight fever that time.

hi jastan,
thanks..
happy.gif

hi mummies,
another long weekend has just passed.. went to batam's holiday inn resort for a short getaway.. not much activities for me over there but had a good massage.. hehe..

Carrie
Welcome back... how you find the resort? I went there last year, I went for their spa too. Not bad, very relaxing.

Jillian
congrats! your baby born on my bday!
happy.gif

mummies
anyone brought bb to korea? i m thinking of oging there for hol.

hi jas,
it was my first time there, i like the place, is clean and bright.. is better than our local chalets.. had too much to eat over there.. argh!!

Hi mummies,

How is ur weekend?

Twinmummy,
Most kids will get fever after the MMR jab. I think 5 days after the jab. The area that the PD jab will swell too.

Carrie,
Shiok shiok hor!! Me sianz lah, stay at home & do nothing.
sad.gif

SY,
I am thinking abt going to Korea too during their winter season! Tell me more if u r going... heehee..

Hi mummies,
So fast anotheer week already....
SY and Cat,
Hmmm... Inspired by the korean dramas to go to there during the winter season
kao_babydust2.gif

cat_tail,
i m planning to go in sept. think it will be cool and nice. my bb so chubby, better to go to cooler places.

oreos,
hee, no lah. was initally plannign to go taiwan but my parents say taiwan too hot for bb so changed plans to go korea. the main reason for going on hol is cos krisflyer miles expring...

oreos,
Yah man, watch too much Kdrama until I feel like going there..keke.. see whether got sulphur duck to eat bor.

SY,
U r so funny! SO u means your bb has more fat to burn lor.
lol.gif

Back