(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

berlin, when my mom feeds milk using bottle to regine, she also choked....cos the flow too big....we already changed 3 times teat also still the same....she always choked 1..and also when she latched on directly, she also choked...dono how come she so impatient...

my CL is really a PAIN in the neck.. her job is to take care of bb, cook for me, wash bb and my clothings, instead she bully my maid and ask her do everything while she just stand aside to supervise.. and she loves to KPO on every single guests that came by at our house.. and she waste food.. can U imagine she can finish cooking $30 worth of pork within 2 days? and everyday she cooks the same food for me to eat until i want to puke..

actually we hired her for 28 days for $1800.. it is a God's timely plan to ask her to leave us.. she happened to receive another assignment on 14/01, and we 'nicely' tell her since our maid already learn the ropes from her liao, then she can leave us earlier to help the lady for the 14/01 lor.. and we just paid her $900 for that miserable 2 weeks of bad service with us lor..

my MIL and her maid took over the job of cooking while my maid and me take care of BB/housework.. the tonics we brew/cook ourselves lor.. can manage la.. just that u have to get used of waking up in the nights to feed/change yr bb

lately i only latch him on 1 or 2 times per day.. cos i know my MS wont make him full la.. even if he is latched on, i think he just suckle for fun only.. me a human pacificer la.. hehe

lochia
ya lor.. waste $$ to buy pads.. i've been using those balance pads b4 my pregnancy, now my supply is running low liao.. yet the stain still around.. sian sian..

sandy,
ur CL sounds just like mine. shes also dam bloody kaypo wiv my guests, she even offer them food without my permission. she instructs the maid to do tings too. she wastes food n steals my food to eat. she sleeps while she asks my maid to carry bb thru e nite. when i spot-chk den she get up to tk over bb. dis mrng i was shocked wen i got up at 8 n found her still slpg!!!!

jeslyn,
my mum oso say cnt cry during this period but wad to do, feel so overwhelmed n emotional ley..

did u oso break all the confinement rules when u gave birth to ur elder ger?? u so cool ley... eat chicken rice, go marina watch fireworks... when ur confinement end huh?

ya lor... both our CLs are so alike.. this AM when U saw that she is still sleeping, did U say anything? how many days more to end of confinement?

DS,
ya...my elder you yang xue yang..when she c me expressed milk, she also pull down her shirt, ask me to express 4 her...
haiz...copy cat...
den she c my mom bathin 4 regine, she also take her bathtub put her doll inside and bath...

i oso hate to wear pad...so i nv wear....whenever kena abit, i change my panty...anyway gt plenty of it...

sandy,
for my elder child, i BF her till 7th mth then immediately i stop BF, i kena preg again....so i tink it depend on individual leh...frm the 1st mth - 7th mth all along i nv use pre caution...

sandy,
my CL is the qiang ci duo li type. i told my hubby to go into the rm n ask her whether my water for washing up is ready, she said "last nite bb nvr slp, i carry her until dawn". guilty conscience!

then rush abt the hse, everything also havent do den when bb cry she cannot tend to her.

CLs all the same i guess. i know of many pple who sack their CLs. taka is v lucky, hers sounds quite gd..

another 9 days b4 she leaves...

Hi Ladies
Me gg crazy....my ger fuss fm 8am til now.....put her in yao lan,cuddle her,coax her to sleep etc but she seem cant sleep well..keep yawning...fall asleep then wake up after 10min to 30min......altogether she only slp abt 2hrs.....
Hv feed her Dentinox past 2 days.....cos she seem got colic...& also gave her abit 'bao yin dan' fm Eu Yan Sang'......dun know whether she's scared?
Feeling veri lousy of myself.....why my ger cant guai guai!! another worse thing...dun know why my whole body kana rashes here & there after confinement.....itchy some more....make me veri 'man zhang'...haiz.....
kao_sad2.gif

IF,
those medicine store have already lor.. think u go there and ask them then they will noe one la.. its quite small bottle.. could it b her tummy got wind.. u got put ru yi oil for her???

HI Mommies, rainy day today...

Jeslyn,..u lucky at least u still hv a car..me no car...I think once my mil go back to her country...I will be grounded at home :'(...even go out with hubby also have to bring two stroller..or else my elder one will running havoc...Last time with only one...so easy to go around...now with two at least have to practice all over again.

Wah...have one most satisfying meal today..been wanting to eat there since i was pregnant but never had a chance...so today went the burger that my friends have been raving about at Carl's JR...wow...that's one mean burger..haha...so happy..i am so scared..the habit of my late nite snacking when i was pregnant continue leh....so scared will put on weight.

Berlin...i got my menses yesterday and I also TBF.. It's ok...no need to worry..some people might not have menses when they BF some people have. I also got my menses after one month on my first pregnancy and now this time too. But you have to take precaution on the contraceptive part as we are ovulating already.

joyful..I like to play with my baby when she is sitting on my lap. You prop your leg up and put her head on your knee..so it is a face to face situation and you just talk to her, sing, or even make faces. She gave me her sweet smiles yesterday...ah....motherhood...those smiles make all the hardwork worthwhile..

yes, broke the confinement rule during the confinement when i delivered renee....went shopping & library....
my confinement juz ended 05/01/06..
LOL~

jus when i can go out already, the weather turn bad these few days...

haiz...

If, gt check her diaper? mayb abt to pass motion, sometime regine also cry leh...

rashes: isit becos u ate some food tat u cant eat?

don become man zhang, take care wor~

mujmuj,
ur elder how old?
my elder, renee, also canot stand her sometimes when i bring her out...like to touch this n tat...but she very guai la, tell her one time canot touch, means canot touch, heng she can understand wat im talking abt...got one time, the salegirl's thing drop on the floor, she so KPO, somemore go n pick up & give back to that salegirl, then the salegirl damn rude, not even say a thanks to my girl...

I bought the Kelty Kangaroo. Megan like the carrier alot. Yesterday went PIl's place then to Parkway, she guai guai sleep inside, only to wake up for feed once. When I alone at home, I also use the carrier / sling, she also sleep inside, I suggest you try out some of the carriers available in the stores before buying the Kelty online, just incase you buy then she dun like, waste money lor.

Joyful
Megan sometimes like to bathe sometimes don't like. She has her moods lor.

DS
I like to drink water, so I drink lots of it whether for BF or not.

2005 mum

Wow yr confinement lady so bad ah. Lucky my confinement lady not like tat. We can chat like old frend and she cook well too. Yesterday she still cook fry chickin wing for me. Heehee...

Will miss her when she leave. After my confinement me want to bring my CL to go shopping buy some tees for her.

hi all,

same as 2005, i got the same question on steralisation. after we steralise is it leave all the bottles inside the steraliser or take out to assemble? i saw my sil she leave it inside but end up the steraliser gets moldy cos she didn't clear off the water?

RE: FM
anyone knows where i can get 400g Nan 1 to try out? went to ntuc, cold storage and even the pharmacy at TMC but all sell 900g. haiz.

Krissie,
still waiting to hear your birth story. Hope to see you log on soon.

menses: i also got my menses 4 weeks after delivery. flow is less than pre-pregnant flow. but the strange thing is, now i'm having bright red bleeding again (only 2 weeks after my previous menses). how come ah?

bath: I bathe my girl after her morning feed. she's usually quite cooperative. however when i wipe her body and change her clothes at night, she will scream loudly.

going out: i really dont dare to bring my girl out alone. she's really a time bomb, once she's awake, will cry to be carried and i don't have a sling yet. my pram also too heavy for me to handle alone.

carrying baby: maybe i too soft-hearted, that's why baby demands to be carried always now. she really will cry until no voice, all red in the face and worse, with tears. how to not be sift-hearted? =(

teat: i using pigeon parastaltic nipple. suction supposed to be similar to breastfeeding suction. avent teat too hard, my girl doesn't like.

sex: jeslyn, i think generally 6 weeks is recommended by books cuz it takes about that time for vagina to regain tone, lubricating function etc.

green poo: i read in magazine that green poo not so good, but forgot why.

jan, i saw Nan 1 400g selling at Giant marina.

poo: my girl still has not poo-ed. 8 days already. think i must give her enema to clear bowels again soon. she's actually trying hard to poo, can tell by her straining face and noise and her frequent farting. but just no poo comes out. she cries when she strains to poo, even in her sleep. do your babies do this?

IF,
pls dnt feel lousy abt ursef sometimes bb get cranky, makes us feel helpless n useless but actually not our fault la. my ger also fusses alot, many times in the middle of the nite for hours refuses to slp. worse still my CL commented duno y my bb lidat, other NBs only eat n slp, made me so hurt. at e end of the day we r the parents we must keep on trying until bb guai guai listen to us...

baobao,
lucky u. mine's a nitemare. but at least i wont miss her aft shes gone, ill be happier taking things into my own hands!

jeslyn,
haha, ya lor rained the whole day yday but hey, the weathers gd 2day u can go out liao... so do u feel any pains/ aches for breaking confinement rules?? i dnt believe in confinement, i tink all crap. somemore our weather so hot, not say winter, not dat bad. i also hate all the heaty soups i hafta drink, wah lau make me sleep in air-con oso sweat! bay tahan.

straycats,
the kangaroo looks big for my frame cos im short hee... i like the wallaby, how much shipping did u pay? cos i see the websites shipping costs a bomb!

sandy/ berlin/ joyful,
do u get engorgement when u stop/ cut down on BF? did u get medication fr doc? im trying to wean bb off the breast eventually but sometimes i get engorgement, painful. i ddnt get any med fr gynae to stop BF.

First_mum,
After sterilization, Ill just leave the bottles & teats in there, need to use then take out. When taking out, Id avoid touching the teat, which is in direct contact with bbs mouth. So Im not using the tongs.
Re: NAN FM
Ya lor, after trying out both then realize altho the golden NAN tin is more expensive, but not necessary better.
Re: bf
No engorgement, breastmilk just gradually stopping flowing. I did not deliberately stop it by taking medicine.

Sandy,
Me too, sometimes feel guilty about not giving my girl breast milk for longer period. My gynae says she came across a angmo woman who persist on tbf so much that her bb fainted due to hunger!!

DS,
I use a mixture of latex & silicon teats. My girl is ok for both.
Re: sling
Im using the MIM sling. Can buy from Robsinon, Kiddy Palace etc, but the website (www.momsinmind.com.sg) has more choices of fabric & colours.

Berlin,
What size teats are you using now?
I tried upgrading the size to large hole & she finishes in 10 mins! But must burp much longer. However I switched back to small size liao, bcos think shes not ready yet, she swallowed too much air with the large hole teats.

Sabre,
Heat rash huh whats the name of the cream that the doctor gave you? Wonder if it can be bought at pharmacy? Bcos the visit to PD is only in 2 wks times...

Jeslyn,
I oso wanna support tbf leh, but my ms just diminishes & stopped... haiz
Re: NUK latex teats I bought from Kiddy Palace

Jeslyn,
NUK teats can be found in kiddy palace.

I also also got broke the confinement rule, went to see my gynae during confinement,.. haha

Charm, now my bb always wants to get our attention.. always want pple to carry.. wonder how i going to manage when hb go back to work after my confinement.. Don't tell me i got to carry him the whole day.. so daily household chore don't need to do liao.. hiazz... wonder will his pattern change a not.. very vex.

joyful,
The heat rash cream is called desitin cream. Think got two type. TMC pharmacy selling the better one.. Think Unity pharmacy got sell but i haven o check it out as i bought mine from TMC.

I cannot remember the shipping charges liao, paiseh.
2day I went to Stand chart bank with Megan in the kangaroo, all the aunties in the mkt asked what am i carrying ha ha!!

Meixue
My Megan oso the same, morning bath guai guai, evening do a wipe down & change of clothes she can cry until her whole face so red.

joyful,
im using the pigeon steriliser, e manual says if dont open lid can last up to 6 hrs. i read in mrs wong's book dat after sterilised, assemble the bottles (do not wipe dry) den can last 24 hrs. so since i open lid to take bottles, i usu assemble them as soon as i use the 1st bottle. but i find it so troublesome to wash n sterilise bottles actually cos milk powder makes the bottles oily...

i also guilty abt stopping BF, i cried many times over it. but like u said, i oso cnt let bb go hungry n wk up crying every hr, lidat she cnt rest properly... at least we ddnt give up cos of convenience or tiredness, we tried our best.

i oso strongly recommend desitin (blue box) for nappy rash, its really good! i got mine fr TMC...

DS,
i oso went gynae in the 2nd wk..

my CL say BF bbs tend to demand to be held much more than bottle fed bbs cos we alwas cuddle them during/ aft BF. duno true anot...

NUK TEATS
those using NUK latex teats, do they all come with a small "cut" in the teat?? i threw 1 away cos i tot torn! den i opened a new one n i realised there's a cut too!

Hi ladies,

Lochia does it mean like menstrual bleeding?

Also, does anyone know where to get the plastic bottle caps for the glass milk bottles we get from hospital? In the absence of the plastic caps, can i seal with clear wax paper and rubber band it?

I showered yesterday and developed a headache that refuses to go away even when i take synflex...anyone got solution?

Sandy,
I'm also c-section, we should take precaution. The wounds inside take 6-8months to completely heal.

joyful,
I'm using pigeon 0-3months teat and for avent i'm using No. 2 teat for 1mth+ bb.

I had engorgement, my mil bought chinese herbs for me. After taking for 2 days, the engorgement is gone but milk supply is still there, just avoid taking fish and expressing.

green poo: what kind of green means bb is scared?

BB outing: my mom and mil advised must bring bb hom before the sunsets cos bb is still small.

Yes, nuk latex teats come with a cut to allow the air to be released, to reduce the risk of colic. It's not torn. Oh dear, threw one away already lah... so wasted.

Can understand the pain you went thru for BF. Dun worry... as long as you've tried your best. Also went thru lots of tears for my elder daughter. Thot why my breast so big but still so useless... not enough milk etc. Kinda forgot the tediousness of starting BF all over again for my no.2. Think your bb was going thru a growth spurt and demanding milk every hour and sometimes it's hard to tell whether bb is really hungry or just wants to nurse to sleep since you'll be carrying him too. It's not easy also with other people who give their opinions esp when they are more familiar with FM fed bbs. Never mind... can try again for no. 2. If you still expressing, can give bb whatever you have. Better than nothing.

Regarding green poo, the last time I asked the PD, she said it doesn't matter esp for BM. The colour can sometimes change due to our diet.

Jeslyn / DS
Me also broke confinement rules. Went to gynae, PD, office etc during confinement. Just went to cut my hair last Fri too.
happy.gif
Nicholas turns 1 month this thurs. But anyway thot everyone would have to visit gynae after 1 week of delivery?? Did that for both my deliveries so thot it's normal. Will have to go back for another check and pap smear at the end of this month.

meixue,
when regine cry, also cry until whole face red red....but sometime i wait until she cry very very long then i go carry her...
and also she likes to stretch...stretch until her whole face turns red...she must be using alot of strength to stretch herself..

sex: i juz went to gynae today for pap smear & hep b injection....gynae said can resume sex le...stitches won tear...so ladies...don worry..can do sex anytime...but there will be very very dry leh...nurse advise, must use lubricant...but i never use b4 leh...

green poo: not good, cos bb is clearing her stomach, all the green color shit is the food she eat during the 9mths inside our stomach..

ya today morm weather nt bad....woke up @ 6am, send my hb go camp, cos i need 2 use his car...
slp until 12pm wokeup go mt a,appt & do papsmear...bring renee along...so happy, coz she sick these few days somemore everyday stay @ hm, she oso bored...
i juz came hm..i don feel any pain...but tat time after i give birth to renee i nv takecare then since then, i gt backache whenever i BF...

joyful/DS,
how much is the latex teat? can be used many times? or can use only once? never use latex 1 b4..all along using the silicon teat....

steralisation: my sterilise method is boiling...never use steriliser 1...

whole day nv latch on or expressed milk, juz managed to express 3 bottles of BM...wah...so happy..stone is gone...

AK, u deliver in which hosp? mt a got sell...actually i tinking the same way as u...but not using clear wax paper....i tot of using bao xian zi...coz i gt more glass bottles than the cover...

berlin, green poo: light green i tink..

straycats,
haha u so funny, u mean the aunties cnt c ur bb inside the carrier meh?? tink i wld get the kelty wallaby, looks less heavy..

absolut,
i feel so stopid abt the NUK teat haha!

duno if its growth spurt but cos of unkind remarks fr CL, i feel inadequate, like MS not enuff, bb cnt sleep for long keep waking up n screaming in hunger... now i start FM at least i can be sure bb is full. its v admirable u BF ur ger for so long! i wld definitely try agn for my no. 2...

jeslyn,
backache fr BF is v common, how u noe its fr confinement? when i BF, my posture gets v bad, back n shoulders also ache...

meanwhile just bear with yr CL for another 9 days.. it just happened that both of us got a bad CL for this round.. i was telling my HB that i wont hire CL for my next bb.. once bitten many times shy.. haha

i do have slight engorgement at times.. i didn't take any med from gynae..

jeslyn
is pap smear test a must after delivering? my gynae nv mention anything on this.. i m going back next Sat to check on my wound after he cut off both ends stitches 2 weeks ago..

joyful/2005
it pains our hearts to see our bb cry when they are hungry, although i have been wanting to go on TBF but no choice, my MS dunno why so low.. FM is the next best choice for our bb..

Does anyone know how long one must not be pregnant if one had a previous c-section? My gynae says at least 6 mths... wonder if it is safe (whether womb can support) or not...

Hi ak,
lochia is blood that is in the tummy after delivery and after massage it can be out and sometimes it as big as ping pong ball or even a squash ball.And my advise to you if you wish to bath during your confinement, bath with the herbs and as for the hair not to wash as often and you need to blow dry completely. The timing of washing your hair also very important. At 1pm -2pm is the best time but not after 5pm. Sometime all this pantang we really have to follow what older people advise.

2005, cos during renee's time, when im doing confinement, i everyday every moment sit infront of the pc ma....therefore got serious backache...
not due to breastfeed poor position i guess...

sandy, dono for ur gynae...but my gynae sure ask to go for pap smear test one month after delivery & one yr later still must to back to follow up, to do pap smear again...
he also check my hep B immune...
y ur stitches must remove 1? ur gynae din use the dissolvable thread? mayb ur gynae will fix apppt with u for the pap smear test next sat when u go back to him...

joyful, ya, i went to kiddy palace today & i saw the teat already...but my sis bf ask me nt to buy..he say can buy in JB also...
dono the price = anot, if same, might as well i buy in singapore.....

prettycloud, u tinking of getting preg again ar?
by the way, i tink c-section must wait for one yr later then can get preg, cos as u can c the wound outside is ok, but u may not know whether inside the stomach, isit ok anot...

My CL feeds me with the fish soup when i have my bf, or when i pump out my milk. Don't know leh, my appetide very good, can finish all the stuff she push to me.

Unequal milk supply

Btw ladies do u experience unequal milk supplies from both of your breasts?? For my case, my left breast is producing less milk than the right one. Any advise??

sandy,
9 days seem like eternity. yet sometimes i wonder how m i gona manage wivout her. haiz. when bb keeps on crying inconsolably, i sometimes just pass bb to her n go bk to my room to stay sane. if not i wld go mad.

ure rite, its v heart-wrenching to c our bbs cry until so kelian, yet they cannot feel that we luv them so much, we wld do anything to stop them crying. haiz. FM is a nec evil...

joyful,
im not sure if desitin can apply on face (i mean dat its v g but i know some mummies do that. beta chk wiv the rest...

taka,
mayb she cooks well loh. mine doesnt.

I agree that desitin is very very good on the bum for nappy rash. My girl had bad nappy rash and I applied Desitin Original and the rash was gone real soon. I use the Creamy version for everyday use and Original for rash-days. Not sure if can use for face. Heard from some mummies that Drapolene can use for face though.

2005, so now you're supplementing with FM? that's not a bad thing too, cuz as long as baby is drinking well and thriving, FM or BM also ok. Dont sigh ok?

Taka, my left breast produces less milk than my right and doesn't get full/heavy so quickly. I think it's not a problem as long as enough for baby.

joyful
read of mommies using desitin on face but use sparingly and see if works lor.

Taka
It's ok for breasts to produce uneven amount sof milk. If you wanna try to even it out, try pumping longer on the side that produces less. If not, it's ok also.

For mommies still bf, was reading the US websites abt cluster feeding etc coz sometimes bbs fuss and wanna nurse all the time for a couple of hours eg, 6-10pm. My bb is like that and it seems that it's apparently normal. Just tiring on the mommy though. My confidence was also a little shaken and was contemplating buying a small tin of FM despite having successfully bf my daughter. So mommies who gave up, you're not alone. Think we just lack sufficient information abt bf in Singapore and it's also whether we can tahan the tediousness of bf esp during confinement.

Taka
Like meixue, my right is producing more, left is less heavy. I also agree its normal.

Meixue
I nurse my BB at around 7pm before she goes to sleep. And she usually nurse for about 30mins and thereafter she goes to sleep for solid 5 hours before waking up for her next feed.

My Kangaroo carrier has a canopy (its meant for bfing actually) that covers Megan from the crowd, so nobody can see her unless I remove it.

So, it is normal to have uneven milk supply. Seem like all of us have the right breast producing more milk. Now i 'fang xing' already.

Absolut,

I have the same thoughts. BF is definately very tough, especially now i still have sore nipples even when pumping out the milk. Sometimes the pains are so unbearable that i am thiking of quiting bf. But think i am really fortunate to have so much milk supply that is sufficient for my ger, it will be a waste to discontinue bf while others tried so hard yet cannot bf their babies. So, we really have to support each other to go on and don't give up easily.

Back