(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Aprilpinky,

I will also be delivering at TMC, yah, they said no mean to bring anything for baby.
But I'll still bring the receiving blacket I bought for my boy boy when we bring him home. ;)
 


Aprilpinky,

Issit?! No nid to? clothes, mittens, etc ah.. kekeke.. plus d receiving blanket? hee.. tink i will ask d nurse to confirm again during my nxt visit.. hee.. dat means to say we r nt given a choice to say if we wan or nt ah..
 
Ladies, about tmc, we really no need to bring anything for bbs? I still dun noe whether i will stay in single room or not cos i really afraid i might deliver too early. In case bbs got to stay in ICU. Moreover, i think i'm going for c-section, might stay a few more days. So paying $60, hb also will have got hospital meals. Have any heard about their parking charges for single-bedder patient is wavied??? I think i heard from somewhere??

Naughty, chloe is definitely very cute. The cheek red red somemore.
 
Celtricia,

Yes, according to Mrs wong, no need to...hhehehe..from head to toe..all provided by TMC but will double confirm w nurse also lah. I think no choice one..they will just dress up the bb. haha.
happy.gif


Nik, yup...pay $60 then hubby can choose from chinese, western, vegetarian or Malay food..haha...hubby already "ordered" western cuz his colleague said western food is nice but I think I will go for chinese..anyway 2-3 days only.

I heard parking charges on the day of the delivery is FREE!! My hubby's colleague said one but need to double confirm. Was asking hubby false alarm how? haha..cuz their parking charges really can kill man..so we usu park opp the HDB carpark.
 
Hi Ladies
Haven't popped by for a long while.

Dili
Am expecting a princess, can help me update? Thanks

Chinlee
Are you one of the mummies I sent the GD file to?You starting to prepare cards liao ah?

Naughty
Chloe is so adorable. I simply love the innocent look of newborns! I agree about the single room- will be less stressful trying to breastfeed too cos more privacy
 
Girl - yes, thanks for the files. But I have not got around to doing anything. Been rather busy with some many things...hee hee, busy catching up with friends and family since I got back.
 
nik: why do u say that u might give birth early? early doesn't mean have to be in icu leh.. unless u. consider the baby as premature lor.. i really hope that u gals or rather us to have full term pregnancy.. when i saw my sis gave birth to the premature princess at 7th month of pregnancy.. my heart almost broke..

and not forgetting to mention.. if premature.. baby might need to stay till full term.. the hospital bills of course.. needless to say.. sky high!!!

i want every mum-to-be to be healthy!!! plus safe delivery.. !!
 
ICU,

I stayed in ICU for a month because I was born 3mths early. the bills was sky high.

Jaundice,

if your baby have jaundice (touch wood) then baby usually have to stay for 5-7 days for treatment before being allowed to go home. drinking young coconut juice from the 8th month is suppose to help decrease the risk of jaundice. I was lucky my first boy has no jaundice so we went home on the 3rd day (stay 2 nights)

single room,

good thing is hubby gets to stay over and also no need to worry about getting the flu bug from other people's visitors. your baby would be at the nursery unless you request for your baby to stay in the room with you. when my boy was born, there was only 4 babies (including him) and 2 nurses so we were very happy with the nurse to baby ratio. also there was as many nurses as patients in the maternity ward so we get very good attention. the nurses at the nursery could spent a whole morning teaching me and hubby how to carry our baby and to transfer our baby from one parent to another. and the nurse checked that I was breastfeeding correctly and my boy was latching on well just that my supply is not enough. so at least when I went home, I only needed to worry about supply and not about the method.
 
morning ladies,

Cheers to wat u say naughty!! Every mum-to-b healthy n safe delivery plus healthy bb.. hee..

Rochelle, whh hospital did u go to when u delivered ur boy? as i find the guiding of new mummies for breastfeeding is very impt.. hee..
 
Good morning everyone!

TGIF...hahaha..waited so long for Fri.

Naughty, hope that ur sis's little princess is doing well right now.

Yes, hope that all of us wld have a safe delivery. V fast...3 more months to go..
 
Rochelle,
You mean we could request for bb to be with us all the time? Or at night bb must return to nursery?

A definite plus to have attentive nurses. Hopefully the nurse-to-baby ratio in RH remains small when it's my turn to deliver there.
 
good morning, ladies!

Nik, my gynae told me if my bbs need to deliver before 35 weeks, he will send me to KKH and go for class C ward, cos babies need to stay in ICU for a long period. He showed me the chart if stay in TMC, each baby cost more than 20k, i can't remember the figures, the earlier, the more expensive. He also mentioned that i probably need to go for C-section as even babies are in correct position, after first baby deliver, the 2nd might change position. Now don't have time to think too much about this, the most important thing is to make sure bbs are growing healthily unitl week 36 or more.
happy.gif
 
Chris,

Dont worry too much. It's true that twins are normally deliver earlier and by c-section.

Just be happy and let ur twins be a happy and healthy pair of gals!
happy.gif


Any1 going for the fireworks? V tempted but was thinking of me a pregnant lady...may be dangerous to "fight" a good space with the CROWD.
 
Wow - I had no idea that ICU care for babies are so expensive. 20k per baby?!!

Definitely hope that everything goes as planned for all of us. Take care.

Have a great weekend ahead, ladies. TGIF

Furry - how did your check up go?
 
hmmm.. today is Friday, but feeling extremely tired n slpy.. duno y.. no mood to wrk even.. haiz.. sianz.. n these days Orlando is moving a lot more den usual..
happy.gif
anyway, no fireworks for me.. too tired.. heehee..
kao_yawn.gif
 
Aprilpinky, think u better dont go to fireworks display, very crowded, not safe for pregnant ladies. Some people already so inconsiderate on the mrt, much less at a crowded venue.
 
Hey all
happy.gif
TGIF, is all I can say.

Chin, yah, I remember a gf sharing that it costs abt 1k++ SGD per day at ICU.

Check up was so-so la. Got a talking to by the midwife so now staying away from carbs and loading on liquids till next weigh in in 3 wks time. On the brighter side, good to have a strict midwife I guess. Cub is doing good, so at least we're assured of that.

Got to work this weekend from home so kinda bleah. How did your meetups go?
 
Meixue,

True true...will give the fireworks a miss this yr...sigh sigh..

Yeah...half day more to go and is a long wkend for me...antenatal class tomorrow also
happy.gif
 
Heard from my hubby's friend that he pay almost close to $2K for neonatal ICU in Gleneagles! *shock* Then he transferred his baby to KKH.

celtricia,
Think Rochelle delivered her 1st boy in RH.
Yep, I'm taking leave on next Mon
happy.gif
Now looking forward to the long wkend! Why don't you apply for leave too? The thot of not having to work on a Monday is so gooood.
 
yeah yeah..celtricia, take leave lah..one day in return for 4 days consecutively not working lehh...or else u cant enjoy National day so much cuz need to go back on Monday then rest again on Tue...not so nice already leh..hehe
 
I am going to try out a prenatal massage on Monday. So looking forward to it. Will let u all know how it went after that.
 
joyful & Aprilpinky.. i wan to.. but hubby forbids me... if i take leave den i can't go for my Genting trip liao.. coz i got no leave left after taking it for my check-ups.. haiz..
 
chin: lemme know about the pre natal massage... i badly need it...ah..

hi mummies...

been a long long day for me today though... mm.. and i agree that the bills for the baby's sky high if born premature!! mmm...

aprilpinky: do u know where can i catch the fireworks? i wanna go and see... being pregnant is not a problem ba i think...
happy.gif
i heard from my colleagues.. that the fireworks have improved a lot by the years therefore its worth taking a look at. mummies!!! where can i see fireworks? can i choose not to take public transport? hehe..
 
celtricia,

I delivered my first boy at RH. I asked my baby to be on total breastfeed so the nurse will bring your baby to you when your baby is hungry and help you in positioning your baby and also to make sure your baby is able to latch on correctly. a newborn would ask for milk every 1.5hrs if on total breastfeed so you really have to sleep in between feeds. I have insomia so on the 2nd night I was so tired out from not sleeping since delivery that my boy stayed in the nursery. for first-time mums, the milk supply usually comes in only on the 4th day but its good to "practise" while you are in hospital.

joyful,

they would take your baby back from you to the nursery so that you can have some rest. but you can just let them know that you want to keep your baby with you and they are okay with that. RH has not built up its reputation yet as a maternity hospital so the nurse to baby ratio should still be small when u deliver. also they ask my hubby to leave when they administer the epidural, but my hubby insisted on staying with me, so they have to let him stay. if u opt for epidural (which u can decide on the day itself) make sure your hubby stay with u because epidural is a little frightening when administered but the pain relief is good if your labour is a few hours.
 
milk supply,

my hubby's schoolmate milk supply came in the day after delivery and soaked the breast pads. I had no colostrum and my milk supply only came in on the 4th day. I was rather upset because I thought all mums would have milk regardless how little so we asked the nursery nurse and she told us that the norm is for the milk supply to come in on the 4th day for the first baby and earlier for subsequent babies.

we agreed before my boy was born that if there is no or insufficient amount of milk we would supplement with formula. my hubby was really encouraging in my attempts to breastfeed as much as possible and increase my milk supply and he was angry by people who make unkind remarks about my low milk supply. so its good to discuss with your hubbies about breastfeeding.

my MIL was initially rather mean about my not being about to totally breastfeed my 1st boy. than my hubby couldnt take it anymore and told her that he was not breastfeed and he is neither stupid nor unhealthy. my FIL also said that my hubby and his siblings are all fed formula milk so no need to kick such a fuss.

the green papaya soup works for increasing milk supply but fenugreek did not work for me.
 
Rochelle,

You mentioned that the breast milk supply comes normally only on the 4th day? So does this mean that from the 1st to the 4th day, we should supplement with formula milk?

Thanks.
 
Naughty, as chris have explained, twins tend to born earlier. I think if we can carry our bbs to 35 weeks n beyond, we will be quite 'safe' liao.

Chris, I read from from those pregnancy books also. 1 bb born naturally, the other, due to change positions, born by c-section. I dun wan to 'suffer' two times. So, i'm opting for c-section already. My gynae has asked me to pay for the deposit for delivery fee. But, i have discussed wif hb, if I might deliver before 35 weeks, i will go to kkh or sgh too.
 
Rochelle, can u share wif us on the 'sleep training'. Or did i missed it in the thread liao?? Thanks.

Ladies, anyone taking extra calcium supplements?? I'm sick of drinking milk all day. Any brand to recommend??
 
Nik, I take calcium supplements on days that I (sometimes) do not take milk. I am taking Amway (Calcium+Magnesium). 3 tablets provide 60% of RDA.

Alternatively, u can also take the GNC ones.
 
Hi nik, my gynae prescribed calcium tablets for me. Take one pink tablet each day. Maybe u can ask your gynae for some? Some days I don't drink milk, but i take my calcium tablet faithfully.
 
nik: be it 35 weeks or beyond or whatsoever... so long baby's not in the womb for at least 37 or 38 weeks to be exact, its considered as early/premature whichever way u like it. what i meant was my sis's baby was born premature at 28weeks.. so baby got to stay in the hospital for at least 2-3 months.. and the hospital bills's gonna be very ex. (if u know baby's gonna come out earlier than edd then better stay in sgh/kkh coz the bills will still be more manageable. my sis's bill as of date now is about 10k plus a bit. staying in a private hospital.. is a way no..no. don't mean anything else besides what i've mentioned above.

hi mummies... mmm.. seemed like everyone's not going to see the fireworks ah... mmm..
 
mm.. last but not the least...

i know.. nik and chris will have to contribute more photos than any of us here!!! haha.. waitng for the prince and princesses...
 
Chin,

the nurse would ask if you want to let your baby drink plain water, glucose water or formula milk if your breastmilk has not come in yet. we opt for formula milk because we do not want to deprive our son of nutrition until my breastmilk supply came in. the nurse would bring my boy to me for breastfeeding and than feed him formula milk so that he does not go hungry. newborn babies can go without milk for a few days but we think it is too cruel so we rather give him formula milk.
 
sleep training,

we read this from the baby care books we borrowed from the library. to train your baby to sleep well, we put him in his cot only at night. daytime he sleeps on a mattress on the floor. at 10:30pm (your wish) we would give him his last feed and then carry him into his cot. we do not use a nightlight because our bedroom is a little lighted from the street lights. when he cries at night, we would pat him to sleep but not carry him unless he is crying for very long or those nightmare kind of crying. this is so that our babies can practise their natural self-calming skills. if we carry him to calm him down, we would put him back to his cot once he calm down and pat him to sleep.
 
Hello all,

today is such a long day for me. But a v enjoyable one..hehe...boy was following my hand on my tummy in the morning by moving along w my hand. So cute!

Naughty, I didnt go and see the firework...I "hear" it while walking in Cityhall area at 8 plus...it's actually at Marina Bay..1159 pm on Monday also have (countdown)...National day itself also have...But no private transport cuz all roads will be blocked and only public bus can go into Marina Bay.
 
Ladies,

During the antenatal class today, we saw a video featuring 6 deliveries...one of them is a mum having twins and c section..one having breech position while the other normal, one boy one gal also. The C-section scar is quite neat and not really visible after 16 days. Immediately after birth, the ang mo mum carried each bb to each of her breasts and started the feeding..I'm amazed and envious!

C-section can also come abt if we r "slow coach" i.e. if our cervix failed to dilate after long hrs..usu 1 cm per hour?! 10 cm then can deliver the head...scary..scary..

Oh ladies, please dont push when ur cervix is not yet fully dilated cuz ur cervix may become swollen with the bb trying to get out but cannot get out cuz cervix is not big enuff. The result: u PROLONG the labour. Please also dont push when the nurse asks u not to after the head of the bb is out. This is to give the gynae some moments to untangle the umblical code (if needed) and to shift the bb into the correct position for the delivery b4 u continue w the delivery. Instead of pushing, u shd pant pant pant.
 
Naughty, of course i noe wat u meant by very premature delivery. I can understand the amount of money ur sis will be paying for ICU in kkh. The bills must be huge. Btw, how ur sis's bb? Stable liao?

Rochelle, thanks for the 'sleep training'. I will try it on my bbs.

I have not decide on the names for my bbs. Still in disagreement over the names wif my hb. Hehehe. As for the chinese names, i think i will look for those 'shifu' for help.
 
hehe.. aprilpinky..: thanks for the info..!!~~ mmm.. all in all.. i am sure that everyone of us will have a smooth delivery!!! looking forward to the days when we whine about the lack of sleep... endless worries and.. posting pics of our babies!!

aprilpinky.. i went to see.. wah sehz.. very very packed... walked until my leg so painful.. i went towards..(dunno where) its less crowded.. so scared that i may need to pee!! haha.. so i didn't drink any water until the fireworks finished! its magnificent. i have not seen it for a no. of years le.. and i would dare say that the fireworks have improved quite a bit@! hehe..
 
Naughty,

I admire ur courage. I was like looking at the sky at abt 7 plus nearing 8 when I heard the "pop" "pop" sound but couldnt see anything except slightly lighted sky resulting from the fireworks. Yup, also scared of having to go to toilet. Nowadays have to go toilet at nite v often...it's like once every 20-30 minutes at nite..v jialart.

I dont think I will try the sleep training cuz basically babies do need to be fed at nite. It's just like us if we ate something v light for dinner and woke up at nite feeling hungry and forcing ourselves to go back to sleep. Babies would get hungry esp if BF cuz breast milk v easily digested. But this is my own views only lah..hehe..i have already "hinted" my hubby I would express my milk for him to feed our boy at nite..hahahahaha....at least during the mth of confinement.
 
303937.png



Good morning ladies!!! Succeeded in uploading the pregnancy ticker. The code doesnt seem to work..need to use save as file and upload attachment.
 
Chin, so i think it's should be quite all right to take GNC's calcium tablets, right??

Meixue, the pink tablets u mentioned, izzit obimins?? I currently taking tat as well.
 
Nik, it should be alright. I already bought a bottle - and will take the GNC ones once I am done with the Amway ones. I got the Amway ones from my cousin in Malaysia - too "mafan" to trouble her to send to me. Let me know if u need the GNC card - think can get some discount (50%) on the second bottle.

Obimin is multi vits rite? I am also taking that.
 
aprilpinky,

if your baby cry for milk at night of course have to feed. what I meant was if your baby is just crying for attention than instead of carrying your baby, you pat your baby to sleep.

my boy started sleeping through the night when he was 3mths old.
 
Rochelle,

It's different sch of thot. I just feel that shd not restrict bb's crucial development especially when they are small. I will just feed bb when he cries at nite cuz normally bb cries at nite for food.
 
aprilpinky... my edd is supposedly on the 4th nov. but.. my gynae says most likely he'll want me to induce earlier if baby is ready plus getting too big.. so if induce i think most likely should be in 18-21 oct. if baby still ok... then can wait till edd lor. thats why..i put the ticker on the 18th oct instead.

its all because of my stupid gestational diabetes. got to control this control that..
sad.gif
 


aprilpinky,

actually a newborn would cry because of loud noises, bright lights, full diaper and hungry. if breastfeeding a baby would need to be feed every 1-1.5hr on average even at night. if on formula, than it is 2-3hrs even at night.

my boy when he was newborn would cry when the motorcycle screech pass our home on the street. also when we switch on the bedroom light, he sometimes wake up and cry.

what I was taught is when a baby cry regardless of day or night, first check if diaper is wet or has poo poo, than feed baby. this is so that we dont assume that everytime our baby cry its because our baby is hungry.
 

Back
Top