(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Thanks Aprilpinky.
AhFat, I started leaking quite early in my preg. Gynae say some do some don't. It's fine, just try not to stimulate your breasts further (e.g. massage or squeezing).
Chris, don't worry too much on bbs weight from scans. Cos on the day I deliver Kaden, the scan say he's 640g, but when he came out he was actually 880g, an increase of 240g. The scan also said my friend's bb won't reach 3kg, but he was born 3.75kg. So scans are only rough guide. So long as you eat healthily, bbs should grow well.
Though I don't participate in your discussions anymore, i still come in to see how everyone is occassionally. And for things I can contribute, I'll post. Now, I come to terms that the pain will never go away for me but I'll take good carer of my health as I want to expereince the magical joy of being mum again.
Take care and lots of love.
 


Thanks, bblove, for the slides.

Had a good lunch catching up with some ex-colleagues. Seems like a baby boom year in Singapore.. !
happy.gif


I also tire easily these days. And simply lack the concentration power to do much.

Furry, do take good care. Be careful when you eat out lah... hang in there, sounds like you are having a bad day.

Coral - your strength is an inspiration. Thank you.
 
Coral
Am from Dec and Jan MTB. But, I've been reading this thread quite regularly for info. Am so sad to hear abt Kaden. But, agree that it better that it was natural than the parents having to choose. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care & GOD bless.

Summer
ya, as long as bb is ok, type of birth is secondary.

Bblove
Can trouble you to share the slides with at [email protected], pls. Thanks much.
 
Morning ladies..

Today all so quiet ah.. so late liao still no one in the forum to chat.. hee..

Tis few days always got heatburn in the late evening.. n nw i tink i'm down wif flu.. sianz.. anyone juz started having heatburn recently?
 
me!!. am experiencing heartburn nowadays.. and it comes with this giddiness as well.. makes me feel so scared.. of fainting. don't really understand why i feel so giddy so frequently nowadays...also.
 
I got heartburn a few years ago, and it came back a month ago. For me, it was cos I was not eating enough and promptly when I was in Shanghai. Now it is gone..Ladies - could that be the reason for you? Anyway, seems like it is a normal thing for preggies.
 
naughty.. u feel giddy ah.. i dun i only haf heatburn..

chin.. i dun tink it the eating part leh.. but i also duno wat's d reason.. tink i shall consult my gynae during my next check up...
 
Morning, ladies!

Coral, thanks for your msg! guess i am worry too much about my twins. Will try to relax and enjoy this experience. I have read your earlier msg and really admire your braveness. You must nurse back yourself to health and hope to hear your good news soon!

About heartburn, i had it two or three time already, but just a little bit, still not so bad...but heard that it will get worse when we are into third tri, my case maybe even worse. Will try not to eat too much for every meal and also don't let myself feel hungry.
 
celtricia: its normal to have heartburn during the last tri. just eat small meals.. juz that i do not understand why is it that i feel giddy..accompanied with heartburn...and i really feel like fainting that kind lor.
 
I think the gynae can prescribe some approved medication for heart burn. Better check with your respective docs.

Anyway - I will be going for a check up tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the little one again! It has been 6 weeks since my last check up.

The thread is quite quiet today! Where is everyone else?
 
Coral, I really admire your courage...be strong ok...kaden will be proud of you...

Dili_Mummy, i'm gg to hav a boy...

April, i've asked my gynae abt bb's movements. he said we can feel more intense movements from 30th wk onwards, so not to be alarm if movements now are not consistent (sometimes more, sometimes less). but if never move for whole day, better check with your doc just to be sure...

sorry, may i know how does heartburn feel like?
 
NMum, I'll update you next time... congrats!
Eh... heartburn feels like... hot in the chest and food you've just eaten is coming up your throat... something like that ah

Back from the doctor's
1) heartburn: womb is growing higher, so it presses onto our stomach... causing the gastric juice to come up the oesophagus (causing a burning sensation). Eat small freq meals... and don't lie down immediately after food. Or can try double pillow when sleeping

2) The pain: Doctor said mine's not BH contractions! He said BH are not supposed to be painful. What I experienced are just pain due to the womb expanding! He said perhaps I've been walking too much...
 
Halo...ladies,

I remember tat my gynae also commented my tummy is very taut n hard when lightly pressed on. He said tis is also due to not having enough rest. But i tot all preggie's tummy are like tat??

Maybe it's another nice weather to nap. Tat's why it so quiet here.
 
Hi there,

Dili_mum, yes, the BHC feels like the tums is tightening up all of a sudden. More uncomfortable then painful. Good to know that the pains are just from expansion...gosh, its like the entire body is expanding....

Chin, so nice to meet up with your friends
happy.gif
I'm also heading for a checkup tomorrow, hopefully the weight gain is not too shocking!

Nik, didn't realize that a tight tums is due to insufficient rest, maybe that's why I seem to have this crampy feeling more during work days.
 
Hello everyone!

Indeed, it has been v quiet today huh? Was busy for the whole day. hehe.

Celtricia, I suffered heartburn recently if I eat too much for dinner..

Naughty, I have giddiness at certain timings almost everyday recently as well. So sometimes I use ointment to rub on the sides of my forehead and it will usually subside.
 
my giddiness is giving me a headache as well..

phew... had a bery busy day man... answering calls... work.. etc.. finally can get to rest le.

oh yea.. got a msg from my hubby's cousin.. juz delivered a princess.. at about 2.15pm.. aahh.. feels so weird after such a long wait. haha.. kinda excited for her too.. hehe.. am going to visit her later and probably take a pic of her.
happy.gif
 
MOrning ladies..

Wow! heavy rain once i reached my wrk place.. hw nice if could slp at home.. hee..

Aprilpinky, ya.. i realise dat if i eat too much i will suffer heartburn.. but my mum keep insisting i eat more, as i'm eating less den my usual tis days.. haiz.. keep giving food to me.. haf to keep explaining to her that the heartburn will occur if i eat too much...
 
Good morning every1,

Yes, I think raining now...

Celtricia, next week got public hol so can sleep liao!

That's why loh...really cannot have heavy meals. If got heartburn I will walk walk a bit it will subside after a while.
 
Morning mummies,

Very long didn't come in already. Been having a bz week. Just finished reading all the updates.

I am also having heartburn. Been having since last week. Breakfast is ok, and get progressively worse during lunch and dinner. Sometimes can get quite bad during dinner. The heartburn can start the minute I start eating dinner, then last for a few hours. My gynae gave me antacid when I went and see him on Tuesday. Seems like nothing much you can do except eat smaller meals.
 
i havent experienced heartburn yet, hope i wont get it. *crosses my fingers*. my appetite is big, i seem to be eating all the time.

Can we use Johnson n Johnson baby bath to bathe our newborn next time? or must we use a special baby bath like Mustela, Gerber, Aromababy etc(which are usually more expensive)?

i already bought a pram, one less thing to worry about.
 
hi furryfurry..

ya.. i will insist on my small meals to my mum.. heh.. thanks for ur concern..

Aprilpinky.. the public holiday on tuesday only leh.. hw i wish it was longer.. hahaha.. but 1 day also can lah.. at least no nid wake up so early.. heehee...

Hi meixue.. use J & J baby bath for baby is gd wat.. at least dat's wat i tink, coz my mum has been using it for us n for my cousins.. i personally like it a lot n m still using the peach one nw.. so nice smell.. like bb.. hee..
 
Meixue,

I also intend to use Johnson n Johnson since it's easily available and reasonably priced. But I have bought 1 bottle of Gerber's hair shampoo and bath shampoo each already..$28...heartpain..will use that first.

Celtricia, I wld be going Modern Maternity this sat late noon..if u r interested to go also let me know cuz I have 15% discount card.
happy.gif
 
furryfurry, I bought Lucky Baby pram, has reversible handles for me to see baby when pushing, the sunshade can cover all the way and all 4 wheels are fully-rotatable so that easier to push when handles are reversed. Very happy with my purchase.

Aprilpinky and celtricia, glad to know that you gals also intend to use J&J baby bath. Cuz my friend was telling me to get those high-end baby bath as they contain natural ingredients and less allergens. But expensive lor.. haha.
 
Aprilpinky, thanks for the offer.. would love to join u, but i can't make it, coz i'm gg to church whh starts at 530pm.. sorry abt it.. thanks for asking me.. hee..
wink.gif


meixue.. i tink J&J baby bath is gd enuff..
 
Baby Bath,

I am using the Johnson and Johnson softwash (1/3 lotion) for my 1st boy and it "gets rid" of the heat rash very fast. used that for his hair too as babies dont really need baby shampoo until much older.
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 4-Aug-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaden Ngong</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">1 Boy</font> <font color="ff0000">1Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
hi.. mummys.

u all bought ur prams le ma? i always feel that its too early to buy prams coz i dun think anyone will bring baby out.. for the first month.


mmm.. i saw my cousin's baby.. it sure feels weird.. always thinking that she's in her stomach still. mmm..dunno whether cute or not.. hehe..
303235.jpg
 
Meixue, where did u get the Lucky Pram? Anyway, I went down to TMC just now for my check up, and saw a Chicco pram there - looks good, and original at S$299, now selling at S$159. I was rushing off to avoid the rain so did not have a chance to take a closer look..does anyone have any feedback on Chicco prams?

Check up went ok this morning. My visits will now be every 3 weeks, starting from the next visit. I asked the doc abt the lower cramps/ pain in the lower abdomen area, and she said it is normal as our uterus expands. So no medication required, just relax and take things easy. Baby was moving a lot during the scan, and is already in the right position, head down. Weight also ok (I forgot the exact number now..)
 
Naughty - your cousin's baby is cute! The smile is so sweet. And so much hair..
happy.gif


Another thing I saw this morning when I went up to the wards at TMC to pay for the ante natal classes:- There were 2 really small babies being "sunned" - presumably cos they have jaundice. And one of the babies was wailing and crying away so hard, it was heart wrenching - I felt so bad just listening to the cries. But none of the nurses attended to the baby..just went about their work. Just feel bad for the baby and mother.
 
Naughty,

The bb v cute. Smiling so sweetly
happy.gif


haha...Chin Lee, yup, I heard the cries of some bbs in the nursery during my last antenatal class as well.

That's y I'm quite glad single room can have bbs inside the ward beside mummy then we can attend to them or else sometimes so many bbs the nurses also cant attend to every1 of them.

Oh but I read that sometimes bbs cry dont straightaway go and carry them. "Train" them so that they will not be too pampered unless they really cry until v loud and long or v not like normal cries. Of cuz, some mums wont agree to this kind of "training".
 
Hey Chin, good to hear everything is going well. Sounds like your son is very good boy...
happy.gif
I'm heading off for my "kill-me-now, please" weigh in soon
happy.gif
will report back later...
 
Naughty.. ur cousin's bb smile is so sweet.. so cute.. hee.. soon.. it'll b our turns to share the pics here for each n everyone of us.. heehee.. really can't wait.. kekeke..

Hiya chin, happy for u dat everything is gg on well for u, esp dat ur bb is in the right position, getting ready to come into the world..
happy.gif


Aprilpinky, stay in single room our bb will always b wif us ah? not only during some hours only meh? did the nurse told u to bring ur medisave statement during ur coming checkup n also pay up duno hw much for the delivery?
 
hehe... no doubt the baby's cute... n she's a miracle.. but i have secretly hope that she will look like mummy instead of daddy. hehe... i feel tat mummy is so pretty..
happy.gif
but one thing i must say is that.. chloe(baby's name) likes taking pic!!! obviously enjoying all the attention given.
 
Furry - from the amount and strength of the kicks, I would say that my son is a little rascal.
happy.gif
Like father, like son.

Thanks, Celtricia - I am glad baby is in the right position, too. The baby may still move, but according to doc, not likely a huge shift in position.

The babies I saw were separated from their mummies cos they were having jaundice - they were under some ultra violet light..so I think whether or not single room, still have to be separated. But really, I am not aware that babies can stay with the mummies if we choose single rooms. I am going for a single room..cos I wanted more privacy..but if the baby can stay with me, that would be great.
 
Celtricia,
That's what I understand last week. Hehe..or else I think only when breastfeeding or wat then they will wheel the bb to the mum.

Chin, I see...hmm...hopefully my bb no jaundice. hehe..or else wasted my single room man! haha..but at least hubby would still be able to stay overnite w me. Oh oh, u pay $60 extra for hubby staying with u then they wld provide both sofa bed and meals for hubby.
happy.gif
 
your cousin's baby very cute! btw, the blanket that the baby is covered with is the hospital give one? or must we buy our own blanket? (i know that must buy receiving blanket to bring baby home, what about during hospital stay?)

bblove and chin, I bought the Lucky Baby pram for $90 from yahoo auctions. it's a seldom-used piece in very good condition, so i thought better buy now. Original price is selling at $199 at kiddy palace, kid's mall and carrefour. i'm not sure about chicco prams. I like Lucky Baby prams cuz they have all the functions that I like - reversible handle, with all 4 rotatable wheels for easier pushing (some brands dun have) and big sunshade.
 
Chin &amp; Aprilpinky,

I tink i also gg to choose single room, coz haf to tell them my choice during my coming checkup tis mth liao.. Ya.. i also wan privacy n hope my bb can stay wif me throughout.. hee.. tink if everything goes well we only need to stay for at most 3 days right?
 
ya lor... i am also opting for a single room. blame it on my selfishness.. but i just wanna spend some quiet moments with my son and hubby... once he's out of my womb.. (for bonding purposes) i think that would be really nice..
happy.gif


went to 2 bedder.. ward yesterday.. no doubt they are cheaper but there's no privacy at all. so.. i don't quite like it. plus hubby also wants to have privacy very much and be able to spend all the time with his son.. so.. we are definitely opting for single bedder room.

meixue: i think thats provided by the hospital but u must buy one to bring baby home. the ones that are used in hospital are usually used ones.. so not so advisable ba..
 
Celtricia,

Nurse never asked me to bring statement leh. Maybe my next visit on 13 Aug...

Mrs Wong mentioned dont have to bring anyth for newborns cuz TMC will dress them up into TMC bbs as free advertisements with free TMC baby bag also. haha..of cuz all these already included in the bill lah.
 


Krissie,
No problem, glad you enjoy.
happy.gif


Meixue, I think $99 is a bood buy ya. Cos I ever saw from Robinson selling at $159
 

Back
Top