(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

nik......
gong xi gong xi...
can close factory liao.....
yahOOOOOoooOooOOOoooooOooooo

naughty......
I was there on a company retreat......
3 days only.....
then still got to attend company talk.....
rush rush rush.....
not very FUN leh......
 


<font color="0000ff">as @ 28-Jul-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaden Ngong</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">1 Boy</font> <font color="ff0000">1Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
Chin,
I think yours is BH contractions like mine. I'm having them quite frequently... up to 2-5mins each time... and can happen up to 10 times a day. Mine is quite painful and gets worse when I have a full bladder. The good news is it's normal... the bad news is it's gonna get more frequent as we go along...
 
wah... ah fat.. company retreat not good meh? hmmp! unfair...
sad.gif
(jus kidding)
jus glad that u have ur fair share of trip. i went to hanoi in june.. wah sehz..dun say i didn't warn u all ah... pls do not go to hanoi ok?(should any friend suggest a trip.. go anywhere except hanoi) make me kena scolding from hb.. :p everyday stucked in hotel doing nothing for six days.. hehe.. traffic's bad/food's bad/service's bad/ everything is bad basically.
grgr....

whats BH contractions ah? feels weird seeing this.. always...how does it feel like? maybe i am experiencing it but dun even know what it is.. hehe..
 
Nik, congrats!!! one boy one girl is just perfect!

Dili_mummy, you experienced BH contractions so fast ah, what do they feel like?
 
Good morning!

Dili_mummy, I was wondering if those were BH contractions..but am really not sure as well. Normal is good. And yes, it is happening regularly. You are right that it feels more painful when the bladder is full. Anyway, I am seeing my doc next Thur, so will ask her about them then.

Meixue - you are another early bird!

TGIF.
 
Good morning ladies....Thanks for all the well-wishes. I've been wanting a gal. Finally, able to get wat i wanted. Really happy....The sonagrapher also commented tat my bbs are very active, couldn't stay still for a while. Now, i'm worried of getting 2 hyperactive kids in future.

I read about BH contractions in books too. I think the contractions should only last awhile n i think it's not suppose to be painful.
 
morning,

congrats Niks
happy.gif
you must be elated!

hey chin, I've stayed home today to rest cos of the pains...sometimes its more painful, but it does seem lying down helps me a bit...you all packed?
 
Dilimum,
I think i also experiencing BH contractions since 2 weeks ago... just checking - is it that our tummy will feel very very hard...and its like bb is very hard inside our tummy? i find it very uncomfortable leh.. sometimes walk halfway must stop...
sad.gif
 
Furry

Packing in progress! Slow progress..

I am restless leh..can not lie down for long - it does help when I do lie down. But when I turn, the pain comes and goes also. Can not sleep much also... hence the weird hours that I am keeping. U take care..do not go out too much - it's too crowded!
 
hey Nik,Val here
happy.gif


come in and just to wish you a very BiG CONGRATS
for a lovely boy &amp; gal twins!
hee...can close shop liao n concentrate naturing your two little darlings
happy.gif
 
Nik,
CoNGraTS!!!!!! so envy......... i like gal too!
have u start ur shopping? don't know where to start manz...

Berlin, let me know is it painful after ur B- wax, i am interested but very scare of pain... where u do it too?
 
Berlin, come back &amp; tell about your experience with Hairinn, ok ..

Oh Nik - so happy for you, it's just an ideal balance to have a boy &amp; a girl!!

By the way mums - what do u mean by belly button poked?
 
Nik!! So happy for u leh.. really can close shop liao.. so envious..
happy.gif
haf fun shopping for ur two darlings!

Hi bblove...

Dat's gd.. at least u preggie liao still can go overseas to celebrate ur wedding anni.. hee.. so romantic leh.. heh.. oh! gg for another trip in sept? i also wan to.. but duno till den can i go or not.. haiz..
 
Wah, everyone so early on Friday morning..

Nik, congrats!! Wah, perfect already, now don't need to think want boy or girl, both also get..very happy 4 u
happy.gif


Me having a headache thinking of names..don't seemed to have one I really like.

Chin, I got more 'pulling' and slight pain at the lower abdomen also, and most of time also on right side. Maybe cos uterus still expanding. Don't think it is BH. I just ignore cos i tot is normal. Need to stretch more, I think, and not sit too long, cos i think sometimes is because the muscle strain.
 
Nik ~ GONG XI GONG XI!!!
kao_love.gif


Berlin ~ wah.. u so fast leh!!! tmr i cant make it leh.. haiz.. tot u say u wanna decide after ur gynae check up tmr..
sad.gif


anyway.. update me again hor!! i wanna do!!
kao_cry.gif
 
morraine,
Sorry sorry... Tomorrow I'm going to my gynae and straight away I will go.. Can't wait to get rid of my "bush"... If you wanna go, I can accompany you. (But of cos, I won't go in with you lah)
 
Hi celtricia,

My hubby planned that, cos after giving birth, will not have much chances to travel anyway.
Will be spending lots of time taking care of my boy.

Why not go somewhere nearby, short trip, at least not too tired.
 
Hi bblove..

Ya.. quite true.. so where u plan to go for the september trip.. for me, i was tinking of juz go Genting for a 2D1N trip, juz to relax a bit.. but duno if my gynae allows.. heh..
 
Celtricia,

It's not a matter of whether Dr Yeo allows or not. I dont think he will encourage to travel in 3rd tri but if u really must go overseas to relax I think the choice is yours
happy.gif


What does BH contractions stand for huh? Paiseh..a bit slow leh..

Yesterday sharp pain when tried to turn from one side to the other side when sleeping. I had to sayang my tummy, keep centralised and then turned slowly...luckily the pain went away v soon.
 
Hi Aprilpinky
BH stands for braxton Hicks contractions. Here's something useful for all mums to be..

1)What are Braxton Hicks contractions?
Sometime toward the middle of your pregnancy (or even earlier), you may notice the muscles of your uterus tightening for anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds. Not all women feel these random, usually painless contractions, which get their quirky name from John Braxton Hicks, an English doctor who first described them in 1872.

2)How can I tell the difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions?
Most women pregnant for the first time will ask their practitioner or friends this question often, and the answer is maddeningly vague: "You'll know real labor when it begins." Truth is, they're right. Labor contractions are noticeably longer as well as more regular, frequent, and painful than Braxton Hicks. Also, labor pains will increase in frequency, duration, and intensity as time goes on, while Braxton Hicks remain unpredictable and nonrhythmic.

3)What if the Braxton Hicks contractions become painful?
As your pregnancy progresses, these contractions may become more intense and even painful at times. When they start to become more intense and frequent, they're referred to as false labor. False labor may feel like the real thing, but the contractions will still be irregular in intensity, frequency, and duration and can taper off and then disappear altogether. In other words, if you ever notice that your contractions are easing up in any way, they're most likely Braxton Hicks.

Doctors and midwives believe that Braxton Hicks contractions are part of prelabor and serve to get the process of effacement and dilation (when the cervix begins to thin out and open up) going in preparation for delivery. (This is called "ripening.") In fact, some healthcare providers recommend you use Braxton Hicks contractions as an opportunity to practice the breathing exercises you'll learn in your childbirth class.

4)How can I minimize them if they're uncomfortable?
Many women notice that the contractions come more frequently when they do even light physical activity, such as lugging groceries from the car. If you feel discomfort, it sometimes helps to lie down, or, conversely, to get up and take a walk, both of which can ease any pain you feel. A warm bath sometimes helps, too. Some healthcare practitioners recommend drinking a couple of glasses of water if the contractions bother you, since they can sometimes be brought on by dehydration. In general, a lack of adequate fluids tends to make your uterus more irritable another of the many reasons to drink plenty of fluids while you're pregnant.

Hope this helps answers some qns...=) Happy weekend!
 
Thanks April! hehe..I dont think I have experienced BH contractions so far. Just frequent tightness of tummy after dinner. Not painful though.
 
Hi ladies (esp mums expecting girls)
Do u all feel baby's movement alot these days? Initially, my baby girl moved quite a bit but this week-22 wk, she has been rather quiet. Even tried the tapping movemts which she responds sometimes only. Is this normal?
 
April,

My gynae said one whole day didnt move with any kind of stimulation must quickly go clinic and scanned liao...he said this is to be fair to the bb. I went for the antenatal class Mrs Wong also stressed the importance of monitoring bb's movement.

I also quite scared as a result and always try to stimulate my boy. But so far, he moves at regular timings e.g. early morning.
 
Hi everyone
happy.gif
been quite a while since i popped by...

Nik: Congrats! One boy one girl, 'hao' in chinese...must be very happy
happy.gif


April: Same here...my bb seems to be less active these couple of weeks. Sometimes i tap my tummy oso no response. Intend to ask my gynae abt this for my next visit. Hope everything is ok.

My appetite has dwindled over the past few days n vomit again...sigh...i hope it's not morning sickness returning...
have been feeling a lot of discomfort lately - leg cramps, breathlessness, cramps at the abdominal area (not sure if it's the BH you all are talking abt)...how i wish i can just stay at home and 'an tai' like naughty :p

Have any of you bought the bb stuff eg. cot, pram, nmilk bottles etc? I heard there is this baby 'hyperstore'/warehouse somewhere along paya lebar, ubi area? anyone has any idea?
 
Nik, CONGRATS!!! That's a good news! How lucky.

Nmum, understand that you will be delivering at MEH too. Who is your Dr.? Our delivery date are very close. Hehehe, we might end up in the same ward.
happy.gif


I have been to both Baby hyperstore and baby Kingdom at paya lebar. Yes, it is around Ubi area but we end up buying nothing from there. Prices can be more expensive and I think it is the same as Kiddy Palace. I bought most of the basics during the Great Singapore Sales.

You can still take a look but I am quite disappointed.
 
April,my baby has also been quite quiet for a few days at 22 weeks, not totally no movements, just less. But these few days she started kicking real hard and frequent again. So i guess sometimes babies dont feel like moving too much, want to sleep? haha.

But yes, if one whole day no movement, better see gynae.
 
Nmum, Emm, thanks. I always tot i'm having 2 boys during the last few checkups. Cos i always think i won't tat heng. Yesterday's FA scan had given us a surprise. Near the end of the scan, a professor came in to see the process of scanning, my hb asked him to reconfirm again. Hehehe, still can't believe our luck.

Ladies, i have tis situation. Sometimes, while laying on my bed on one side, waiting to doze off, my bb keeps on 'kicking' non-stop. Is it necessary to change my position? Cos if i change to lie on my the other side, my the other bb starts to kick also. End up, i always sleep on my back, which is bad for my backaches. Haiz....
 
Thanks Aprilpinky, nmum, Meixue for sharing. My girl moved just now! So happy =)
Guess my baby has her temperaments set already.
 
Nik, I got this situation too. Guess when we lie on one side, baby may be shifting himself to a comfortable position also. Hehe... Usually I will try to sayang him. Read somewhere that we should lie on our left as our liver is on our right side, it is better not to put pressure on it. If we lie on our back, the baby's weight will put pressure on our spine, which is bad too.

So recommended to sleep on your left.
happy.gif
 
I always try to sleep on my left, but the kicking is non-stop, give up, turn to my right, kicks start coming in again. Then, in the end, i wake up wif 'suan' backaches.
 
Nik, i also do what emm does, sayang baby and a while more she will stop kicking and i can sleep in whichover position i want (left or right, except on my back). But since u have 2 babies, one sleep left, one sleep right, so no space for them to re-arrange themselves to more comfy positions, that's why kick u non-stop? :p
 
I was thinking whether it's necessary to change position. R they uncomfortable, tat's why they kicked?? Or they r juz having fun kicking their mummy.
 
Berlin, their position is more like on top n below. The lower one is nearer to the right, the upper one is nearer to the left. From their kicks, can agar agar noe which one is moving.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Manuka,</font>
Yes that's what it feels like for me too!

<font color="aa00aa">Meixue,</font>
I started feeling it at Wk21. I guess I'm one of the early ones...
sad.gif


<font color="aa00aa">April,</font>
I'm expecting a girl too. She's been quite active... sometimes the movements are so strong that my whole tummy jerks. But when she's sleeping, I'll not feel anything for a few hours. Maybe your girl just likes to sleep alot! How about recording her kicking? Take a time when she's awake... and count how long it takes for her to kick 10 times. Record this and show your doctor.
 


<font color="aa00aa">SusanY,</font>
Most preggies get protruding belly buttons cos the womb is expanding underneath it. Some people get it later in the preg... some have it early. You might notice your belly button getting shallow now?
 

Back
Top