(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Bluelips, ya, my friend not working. She also mentioned she got no menses for the 2 years she breast feeding. Save on pads too. Hahaha. Her bb juz reach for her breast whenever she needs milk loh. No pump either.

Venus, mine a little pop out a little liao. So ugly....

Maid, is really a heng or suay one lah. Let's all hope tat we all got a gd maid.
 


Berlin,

Yes, u dont get menses and this also means that u wont be able to conceive. haha. Bad for those who wants to try a second or third child soon.

Joyful, is that so? My mum never mention that. I only remembered nephew liked the yellow NUK teat so much that he refused to even drink milk from the transparent NUK teat when we cant get the yellow ones for him.

True, non-colic sometimes also not guaranteed one but better than dont have..NUK also non-colic. haha. Anyway, I bought so many Avent bottles already so will just use them.
 
I also read that you won't get menses. But so far, I know of 2 person already got pregnant again even when they BF. Seems like if you very fertile, and will still ovulate, BF also can conceive one..so, if you don't another kid so soon, better take precaution..
happy.gif


My ante-natal class instructor recommends NUK teat leh..supposed to reduce colic.

Belly button like same same...just a bit squash looking...maybe cos i put on more fat than the womb is growing? hehe..
 
My belly button's getting more shallow, think will pop out soon... sigh.

I dont intend to breast feed for long, maybe only for those months that I'm on maternity leave, cuz not convenient when I start work. After that got no choice but to give formula milk. I'm ok with formula milk, afterall my generation also raised on formula milk and we all turned out ok. haha.
 
Venus 77, yes, i will be going alone for the antenatal classes ..
happy.gif
so shld be relatively easy to spot me.

Same here - for belly button - seems to be getting shallower..and my tummy is definitely protuding big-time! Do not know how much more it is going to grow.
happy.gif


Re getting pregnant while breast feeding, I have read that this is highly possible.
 
Oh I didnt know no menses still can conceive..hehe. But v low chance I think cuz u cannot predict when u r going to ovulate?

I'm definitely not having a second until my first is at least 1 yr old plus so I think no worries for me.
happy.gif


I think breast pump is good because it can help mums to reduce engorgement, know exactly how much bb has drank and also can pump and store loh so that other ppl can help me feed my boy and bb will get used to bottle feeding also when I get back to work.
 
engorgment,

I had engorgement on the 4th day and had to use the electric dual pump for that as using the hand is very tiring.

milk feeds/breastfeeding,

if totally breastfeeding, than it is about every 1 to 1.5hrs between feeds. if on formula milk is about 2-3 hrs between feeds. so if on TBF, than make sure you have your confinement nanny/mother/MIL to help because no time to do anything else but BF baby and sleep. my first boy is on partial BF and my 2nd boy is likely to be on PBF as I would be looking after my 2 boys alone.

baby sleeping,

my 1st boy slept thru the night after 3mths but we start him on "sleep training" right after we brought him home from hospital (2 days old). it works for him so its good for him and us since we got a good night's sleep and have energy to play with him in the day.

teats,

I tried Avent, Pigeon, Nuk but my boy only likes the Nuk silicone anti-colic teats. so end up we had to buy the Nuk teats. he is very kaypoh so he finds the Avent bottles block his "view" and also hard to suck out the milk. best is try out on baby first than stockpile on teats. I have 6 bottles so that just need to sterilise 1-2 times a day.
 
weight gain,

it depends on people. average is gain most during the 2nd trimester. when your weight drops, usually its near labour time. I lost 1kg the week before labour. also the foot swelling (odema) will go down before labour so that is another "warning" sign. your baby has first priority on the nutrients in your body so even when u dont gain/lose weight, your baby will still have enough nutrients but you won't.
 
Ladies, according to tis friend of mine, it's still possible to get preggie without menses during bf. And also according to some books, even u r on long-term bf, menses should come around 6 months. But tis friend of mine didn't have menses for 2 years.

Rochelle, i interested to noe more abt 'sleep training' too.
 
i also want to know more about the sleep training...twins need this..
happy.gif


I am back from Bangkok safely..for both flights, no one ask me about my tummy...
happy.gif
bought 6 sets of baby clothes at Isetan there, it's on sale, should be cheaper than singapore...and the clothes are all so cute and lovely, especially baby girls...but i can only buy some unisex color... looking forward to this friday's detailed scan, so that i can start shopping!

Nik, i have gained about 5kg, and belly button also a bit out already...
happy.gif
 
Morning ladies..

i also wan to BF, but it will all depends if i can still do it after the maternity leave as i tink my mum will b looking after my boy at her own hse..

rochelle, ur details of bf, weight gain, teats n baby slping is very helpful.. but i tink most of us like to noe hw u train ur son to slp thru the nite.. hee..
 
hi Ladies,

Found something on TTC while BF:

Probability of Conceiving
During breastfeeding, your body produces higher levels of the hormone prolactin, which suppresses ovulation. This alone reduces your chances of getting pregnant while breastfeeding to an estimated 1 to 2 percent. The percentage increases throughout the first year, raising the chance of conception to 6 percent after six months.

There are some ways to improve your chances of becoming pregnant again while still breastfeeding. Keep in mind, though, that these tips are intended for older babies and toddlers who do not derive the bulk of their nutrition from breast milk.


-Introduce more solid foods as an additional supplement to breast milk if the child is at the right age.
-Through the night, try not to feed before six hours have lapsed.
-Stretch out the intervals between the day feedings to more than four hours.

Even as the months pass and your menstrual cycle returns, remember that the elevated levels of prolactin in your body can still alter your cycle and hinder conception.

http://breastfeed.com/resources/articles/ttcbfeed.htm

Hence, only 1-2% of chance! And 6% after 6 mths of breastfeeding...For those who really manage to conceive hor, I think really vv lucky loh :p
 
chris,
My mum also brought some clothes for my bb from Enfant and wacoal in Bangkok. I don't know how much is the price in SG. The price in BKK is about 150baht per pc.
 
berlin, it's around that range..the little wacoal i bought is 150baht per pc (300baht per set) before 20% discount. I also bought two sets baby wear for outing (same series but different design for my twins..one with t-shirt and jumper (S$16 after discount), another one is t-shirt with shorts (S$10.50). My hubby and i love the design very much!
happy.gif
 
hiya rochelle,
Haven't seen your postings for a while, are you happily settled down in US now?
Thanks for sharing the info, could always learn alot from you.

Do you remember what are the items RH gives during hospital stay? Can we bring them home? If RH provides, then probably don't need to buy too many, unless not enough.
 
hi mummys...

venus: my belly button poked out long ago le.. so hideous.. haha...

chin: i think it takes about 2-3 weeks to get the filipino maid in if i am not wrong.

to the rest of the mummys: mmm.. i do intend to bf my baby for as long as i can since.. i am going to be home most of the time and i can work from home anyway. i have got a friend who has breastfeed for about a year already... and yet also got pregnant during the process.. so it doesn't seemed to be so safe after all..
happy.gif


mummys: i have no idea how many sets of clothes i should buy for my baby. has already got roughly 10 sets.. but..seemed to me that there should be a lot more things... that i should buy.. went to taka yesterday.. saw the baby's stuffs.. mind went blank... and i didn't buy anything in the end. hehe..
 
Hi Nov MTBs,
do you know which cosmetic ingredients is not safe to use for preggies? How about sunblock? Those who started swimming, did you apply sunblock?
 
Just came back from bangkok......
went all crazy shopping there.....
just like berlin and chris.....
I bought hiroshi the ame brands......
the clothes are so so so CUTE!!
and of course...
i also pamper myself....
bought quite abit of doll dresses blouse......
starting to grow out of all my clothes.....
 
wow naughty ur belly button pop out liao..

mine is on the verge of poping out.. now belly button looks like mi mi yan ha ha

berlin..i did my aqua aerobics at nite one..so no need sunblock.. amazed that i still can squeeze into my swimming costume hee hee
 
haha... my belly button popped out long long ago le.. probably about one to two months back.. can't really remember... it popped out right after i took out the stud.

i heard old folk's tale hor.. saying.. that usually preggie with boy's belly button will come out one..
happy.gif
dunno to believe or not coz my friend's first boy.. the belly button didn't come out at all... haha
 
good morning ladies,

i am early again.

i have not been sleeping well at all! just not too sure why - is it the baby kicking? general discomfort? heat? Sigh. I am expecting panda eyes..
sad.gif


Anyway - has anyone of you experienced a sharp pain on the right side in the lower abdomen..came and went? It happened to me yesterday when I was walking. It started off just a little pain, and got worse - in short bursts. I was sweating all over. I had to stop walking and waited until the pain went away. Was quiet scary.. since I know I could not get any reliable medical help if need be. I am ok now though..

So glad to be going back this Sunday.
happy.gif
 
morning chin,

Hang in there, going home this Sunday? AWESOME!

I think I got my first BH experience last night. It wasn't pleasant...Read that its pretty normal to get such experiences from 20 weeks onwards...
will keep monitoring...
 
Good morning Ladies!

I just got my copy of the Motherhood Mag yesterday. This issue has a special section on breastfeeding. Quite comprehensive with write-up of the techniques, products available etc. Those of u who r interested can go get a copy
happy.gif


Chin, take care. Rest more and home is v near already.
happy.gif
 
MOrning ladies..

hmmm.. i also wan to go bangkok for shopping spree..
kao_sad2.gif
but do u ladies tink i can still go Genting in Sept? Too stress at wrk tis days.. haiz.. nid to get out of Singapore to de-stress. heh..

Hi chin, u take care hor.. but at d meantime, mayb u should check wif ur gynae y there's sharp pain..

Aprilpinky.. got lots of details in the magazine issit? tink i'll go buy one to keep myself occupied..
happy.gif
 
Celtricia,

I also dying to go somewhere..wanted to go HK but the pigs issue in China scares me off and also didnt want to take the risk of travelling while pregnant. Sept too late for us to travel already. You must travel by end Aug or else wld be 3rd Tri already? Take some leave to rest and de-stress lah. I do that sometimes..

Yup, u shd go get a copy cuz they even teach you what r the different positions for bb to latch on. Got 3 I think but now no bb yet so cant try. hehe.
 
Aprilpinky,

but if to Genting only short trip like 2D1N, duno if Dr Yeo allow or nt.. coz only by den my hubby can accompany me leh.. got to check wif him during my next checkup.. August no chance to travel liao.. haiz..

Oh! great! will go buy 1 later on.. hee.. thanks for sharing..
 
wah sehz.. u all so good can go overseas.. haha.. my hubby has absolutely no time for me man during working hours.. let alone go on a hol. haha...

he did promise me that he'll take two weeks leave after i give birth though.. hehe.... sounds good to me..

chin: the pain could be due to overstretch of muscles.. it'll usually occur when u either walk/sit too long.. if this occurs.. u can either stop walking or lie down on your non-painful side to ease the pain. hope this helps!
2 cents worth of advice.

mummys.. : i have been having troubles in sleeping though... keeps waking up in the middle of thie night to pee.. and then.. baby will kick vigorously in the morning and wake me up during the process.. he'll usually wake up with daddy! so irritating.. in the end.. i'll have to try to catch some sleep again.. wah.. think i can be the god of sleeping le.. at this rate i am sleeping.
 
naughty.. its juz a tentative plan.. dun even noe can or not.. mayb by den when my hubby being post out, they say he can't take leave den i also can't go liao.. heh.. i envy those who juz got bak frm Bangkok, like ah Fat and chris.. haiz..
 
'ah fat'!!! and 'chris'!!! u mummys are so 'evil'!!!! makes us feel so envious... about the trips,... *sob*

well.. nonetheless.. i figured u all have enjoyed urself ba.. no need to go overseas also can ma.. go to sentosa? book a hotel and retreat to the spa there to pamper urself lo.. hehe..
 
Sentosa!!
uhoh.gif
wat an idea.. hahaha.. naughty.. go sentosa so sianz.. nw they renovating the whole place leh.. go also no use.. heh.. i wan to haf my passport chop.. hahahah..
 
naughty.. wat lazy mummy.. really very tired mah.. slept at only 12 plus 1 last nite.. den today wake up early for wrk.. so tired till i headache liao..
wink.gif


Hi bblove..

hwz ur trip? u MIA quite some time liao hor.. hee..
 
Calling for MORRAINE,
I've booked my appt for brazilian wax this sat, immediately after I consult my gynae I will head on there! You still keen to try? I'm going to Beauty Box at Hairinn (vivian).
 
Hi hi ladies, juz came abck from my detailed scan...Yipee, I'm getting both a boy n a gal....So happy. I dreamt tat on monday, my dream really came true...Probably I will 'close my factory' after tis. Now it's time to go shopping....
 
Hi naughty,

Sure, will come in whenever I'm free!
happy.gif


Hi celtricia,

My trip was great! Was there to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Hope to have another short trip in Sept before I'm being confined at home. ;)

Hi nik,

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! :D
So happy for you too!
 



Back
Top