(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

adel,

I dont have msn but u can always sms when feeling blue
happy.gif


Nik, we do have quite a good outing. Hopefully can c u next time
happy.gif


Now still have GSS (I think towards the end already) so u quickly grab some more stuff b4 it ends loh.
 


Hi all,
I've left SG *miss miss* and have fallen ill yet again. Decided to take a day off even though I've deadlines looming. Should be fair to myself but aiya, hope my boss wouldn't give me grief.

Sighs...
 
MOrning Ladies...

Hmmm.. the outing was great.. Thankz Aprilpinky for organising it..

ah FAT.. u ah.. fly us aeroplane ah.. kekekke.. say wan to join us for gathering still go n slp.. kekkee.. anyway, hope u can join us d nxt time round...
wink.gif


adel, i haf msn.. mine is [email protected] u can add me.. hee.. feel free to disturb me.. although at times i might b quite slow in replying if i'm using it in d office.. heh..
 
Morning ladies - busy Monday again ..

Hey, the outing was fun, thanks to Aprilpinky for organizing .. at least my Sunday afternoon is being occupied in getting to know new friends ..

Adel, u reached at 9.30pm, I had dinner at Suntec, reached home almost 9pm .. quite tiring for me .. Adel, u can SMS me too .. hardly turned MSN lah ..

Aprilpink/Celtricia - r u both having the same gynae?
 
Good Morning ladies!!

Seems like the outing went well..!
happy.gif
Hope there are more in the future.

Celtricia - I am taking 1000 mg of calcium each day - in milk and calcium pills - spread out throughout the day. And the nurse told me not to take milk / calcium pills together with the multi vitamins given by the doc. Must wait at least 2 hours, for better absoprtion. Hope this helps - I suppose there must be other reasons to leg cramps (like blood circulation etc) but lack of calcium is one possibility.

Furry - take care!! It is so HOT here..again. Too bad u missed the nice weather the last 2 weeks. Drink more fluids!
 
kekekekeke
sorrie arr..... got to fly you guys areoplane......
suddenly felt that I got mood swing......
then all I want to do was to go home and hide in my room.
(",) thanks for the invitation.......
 
Hi Susan,

Ya, me n Aprilpinky have d same gynae... y leh?

Heya chin,
I usually take milk in the morning (sometimes only) and calcium pills in d nite b4 i slp (everyday)... so duno whether if it helps.. hee.. i will check wif my gynae during my nxt visit too.. thanks for the help..
 
Ah Fat, ur posting can only be edit by the moderator, Chin Leng. Send him an pm to ask him to help. But dun worry lah, I'm sure the ladies here won't 'disturb' u one lah.

I also heard tat leg cramp also due to lack of sodium (salt). But i'm not too sure about tis. But pls dun add too much salt into ur diet, it will raise our blood pressure too.
 
Hi all
What type of fruits should we avoid now? Have been craving for oranges and been having two or three daily. Mum said that eating too many oranges may induce phelgm or even fits in babies... anyone heard abt it?

Also how many days advance notice should we give to apply for leave prior to edd date? Is 1 week before EDD gd enough? Will first time mum having baby girl be delivered earlier?
 
Celtricia, nothing why lah, so coincidentally ..

I usually take all my vitamins right after milk leh .. so not good, is it ..
 
Hi morraine,
I'm considering to go for B-wax. Have you decided which one to go? My friend recommend strip at centrepoint. After reading April's experience, I'm consider between bikini-wax and brazilian wax. What's yours?
 
Berlin ~ i heard from others hor.. Strip not so good leh.. not very well done the waxing tare leh..

i haven really decided wat to do leh.. but den wanna take all things away leh.. ha ha ha..

i have another recommendation from someone else in another forum..
happy.gif
 
nik, not enuff salt also will cause leg cramps ah.. hmmm.. will go ask my gynae abt dat too.. thanks..

April.. i tink having oranges daily is ok, but nt having two or three in a day.. its not very gd for ur bb..

Susan, tot u wan to find out something frm our gynae.. heh..
 
hi.. afternoon ladies...

am still at home... was snoozing quite a bit.. but... was woken up by renovation/drilling.. directly in the unit above mine.. so angry... baby's protesting by kicking me so hard.. hhaha

susany.. its not good to take milk and pills at the same time coz there's only this much of calcium our body can absorb.. at one go.. hope this help. seperate the intake lo..
 
ladies arh ~ if not den dun take oranges lar.. as in u can jus add orange juice (freshly squeezed ones)in ur fruit juice diet lor
happy.gif
 
wow! Adel! so gd life ah.. at home 'kiao ka' ah.. kekekke.. my wrk place here raining so heavily, hw i wish i was able to stay home n slp.. heehee..
 
Glad u ladies enjoyed your outing!

I read that we should not take calcium and iron pills together too, cuz will hinder absorption.
 
How abt adding milk to tea?? Will it hinder the calcium absorption as well? I'm very sick of drinking plain milk liao.

Celtricia, the salt thingy, i'm not sure myself too. Think better ask gynae 1st hor..
 
Nik - I think we are supposed to cut down tea intake? Or rather caffeine intake...tea has an even higher caffeine content than coffee..

How about getting flavoured milk? Like HL chocolate milk etc.

Yes - the nurse told me to split up the multi vit and milk / calcium intake cos the multi vit prescribed contains iron. It is not just about popping the pills, it is also about making sure that our bodies absorb the vit.
 
morraine,
I heard from another forum that strip is very pushy and hard selling. I must confirm the one my friend recommend is it strip or hair inn. I'm thinking of getting design first leh.. to impress my hubby.. kekeke... Wonder what design they have.

Meixue, I've been taking calcium and iron pills together every morning after my meals. Must wait 2 hrs in between each pill?
 
Hi berlin, I take my calcium in the morning and iron at night before i sleep. Cuz i also read in a pregnancy book that it's best to take iron at night to minimise gastrointestinal upsets as iron can cause tummy probs for some people.

Nik, how about taking your plain milk with cereals? I dislike drinking plain drink, so everyday I can only take my milk with cereals.

Do you gals drink those special Annum/Enfamama etc milk or just normal milk? I am only drinking normal Marigold milk. Should be ok too right?
 
Meixue,

Try to take fresh milk (after putting it outside for some time for it to "cool" down). Fresh milk has no sugar. I'm taking HL milk (v nice), made from fresh milk but adjusted for lower fat content, I think no sugar also. Used to take those packet milk (non-refrigerated ones) then colleague cautioned me abt the sugar content.

Adel, I didnt know u r a SAHM (stay at home Mum). I just braved the rain twice in the morning with my boy and my little umbrella. hehe. Celtricia, I even more hard life than u ok, u still can stay in office, I need to go outside to work.

I havent been taking iron pills yet. Heard that later stage then must take but have been taking spinach and lean meat to boost up the iron intake.
 
Hi meixue

i drink mamil mama milk powder mixed with milo powder :p

u can also eat yogurt..try anelene cos high calcium content adviced by fren one
 
yep, i take marigold fresh milk, but i take it cold cuz i dont like hot/warm milk. and i can only take it with cereals.
 
My gynae recommended HL actually - she said the low fat content is good. But since I can not get HL milk in Shanghai, I brought over some milk power from home - Anmum. Do not trust the local milk products here.
happy.gif
 
meixue, I will take my iron in the nite after my dinner and before I take my milk.

Morraine, maybe heart shape or ribbon shape... haha...
 
Aprilpinky...sorry sorry.. din noe dat.. heh.. so poor thing, still muz brave d rain in a small umbrella.. nxt time take a bigger one better, like those golf umbrella.. heh.. but y u always nid to b outside? u do sales ah?
 
Morraine,
I confirmed the one at centre point is HairInn not Strip. Vivian used to do it at Hollywood secrets, she opens her own shop (beauty box)... I still wish to consult my gynae first before I go. My next gynae appt is 7/30, is also my detail scan. so most likely i will go fur-less in Aug.
 
Adel, u're not working at this moment, ah .. oh, didn't know that ..

from tomorrow onwards, i must separate my vitamins intake, thank you for the advice!! so, it's better to take Calcium in the morning and vitamins before sleep?

Aprilpinky, poor you, hope you didn't get wet in the rain ..

I'm drinking chocolate flavoured Anmum, don't know if this caused my gain weight too?
 
I've heard that Annum can cause quite a lot of weight gain. SusanY, what's your weight gain so far? I take Magnolia (sorry not marigold as i typed in previous post, forgot which was which) low-fat hi-calcium milk and I've also gained quite a lot of weight.. 4.5kg.
 
Susan,

U got it wrong. It's calcium at nite (cuz leg cramps usually happen at night?) and vitamins, fish oil in the morning, at least this is what my gynae asked me to do.

And yes, susan dont take anmum anymore. Confirm v fattening. Do take some HL formula milk instead.

Celtricia, I'm not in sales. Dont know how to talk well. hahahaha.

Thanks for concern, susan and celtricia. I got quite wet, jacket all kenna the rain but client was nice enough to give me some paper tissues to wipe myself.
 
I take anmum too leh susan, choc flavour too, but mayb coz i dun take everyday, dat's y my weight gain nt as much..

Aprilpinky, Dr Yeo told me calcium n fish oil at nite, coz in case i did ate some fish during my meals den i nid not consume d fish oil, save it mah.. heh.. so expensive leh..
u got urself wet ah.. den tonite or now if got ginger tea better take some to warm urself.. hee..
 
hehe, my gynae told me different thing. He told me to take calcium, fish oil in morning. and the book I read said to take iron at night. So that's what I do. Nvm, we just listen to our respective gynaes. hehe.

Fish oil very expensive right?? Mine's $40 for one month's supply! How much are yours? I thinking of getting fish oil from GNC, much much cheaper, think 90 capsules for $30? can last 2-3 months leh.
 
Meixue, which brand of fish oil is it?? Is it the GNC house brand?? My mum got the card, maybe can get further discount.
Is there any different between supplements labelled 'fish oil' n supplements labelled 'DHA'. Whish one r u gals taking?
 
Cetricia, I think u can take anmum everyday. Ur weight gain is quite little right?

Dr Yeo didnt tell me to take fish oil at night. Only calcium at nite so I assume fish oil in the morning. haha. I will check w him this Thur.

Our fish oil is specially meant for pregnant ladies, costing abt $30 for 30 capsules. It's ex.
 
Is there any difference between the fish oil gynae gives us and those pharmacy/GNC brands? Since the gynae one costs so much more......But my gynae doesnt tell me his is which brand or what're the components of the fish oil.

Nik, i saw the GNC house brand fish oil at a much cheaper rate. Not sure about the difference between DHA supplements and Fish Oil.
 
Nik/MeiXue, I'm taking DHA fish oil - 30 tablets = S$30

My gynae's nurse actually asked me to take multi-vitamins+fish oil+calcium - after food - all in the morning .. haiyo, so confusing .. so, it's better to take calcium at night and the rests in the morning ah ..

I started to consume Anmum only in early June as I'm not a milk person .. That was bcoz, I visited the Motherhood Expo, tried out Anmum's chocolate flavor, tasted OK (acceptable by me) then hubby insisted that I must drink Anmum, so since early June till now, I've consumed 3 big tins!!

Celtricia - when hubby is around, he'll ensure that I'm drinking 2 mugs with 5 full-spoon scoops each mug per day!!

Meixue - just told Aprilpinky/Celtricia/Adel yesterday that I've gained a total of 10kg since first day and the comparison of last month and this month is +3kg!!

boy oh boy - this is so so scary .. and I still have another big tin (new) in the cabinet.

I should have switch to HL milk .. but then I still have the new Anmum in the cabinet ..
 
Hi Ladies,

Aprilpinky wrote me a post on the other thread so decided to vist you gals here.

Just reading your timing for intake of supplements. Saw that Berlin actually ate iron after milk. Need to tell you that's a no no. 2hrs b4 and aft iron pills, no consumption of dairy product cos they'll react. That's what I was told.

Have a happy pregnancy cos bb feel exactly how we feel. Take care.
 
Aprilpinky, i dun anmum everyday coz i nw staying over at mum's place, whenever i go bak to my own hse den i'll drink, actually wanted to top up some to bring over to mum's place, but always forget.. heh.. tink i better put a reminder for myself to bring it nxt time round.. kekeke..

Meixue & Nik, u ladies better eat the fish oil dat ur gynaes prescribe for u, coz its different frm the normal ones dat is selling in pharmacies/GNC brands..

Susan, wow! ur hubby expect u to drink so much ah.. no wonder u gain so much weight.. for me only 1 cup in the morning n i only put in 4 scoops instead of the instructed 5 scoops on the tin, if i din haf anmum milk den i'll eat cheese or drink my HL milk to compensate.. u areadi consumed 3 big tins ah.. i only consume 1 big n nw still trying to finish the small one.. hee.. tink i'm drinking quite little compared to u, dat's y my weight gain not much.. kekeke..

Hi coral,

Hope u n ur hubby is doing well.. Do come in n chat wif us whenever u r free k? Take care!
 
Coral,thanks for the advice.. glad that u're still popping by.

I'm walloping all my vitamins at one go, right after food and right after milk ..

I think I shall have few intervals for this supplement intakes ...

Celtricia - Khai Jin is afraid that I'm not getting enough calcium for myself (as I hate milk all these whiles), thus affecting our BB, so he's pushing me since I'm accepting Anmum chocolate flavor. So, the side effect is .. I'm gaining so much of weight!!
 
Susan, must cut down on ur Anmum already. Tell ur hubby u want calcium for bb not fats! hehe. So go for HL milk instead. I think even the vanilla flavour is v nice so the chocolate one shd be good though I never try chocolate HL milk.

They do sell those small packs of HL milk, sometimes I take them slightly later after lunch so that it wont clash with medicine taken in the morning and at nite.

Coral, thanks for taking time to come in. We r always here to listen.
 
Hi Ladies

I got sianz with fresh milk at times too, so I take Horlicks sometimes, or mix Milo into fresh milk. Horlicks contents is quite similar to powder milk, also have 500mg calcium.

And to share a bit what I learn about supplements. Should take with some food, not empty stomach, as some nutrients in supplements may be water-soluble, fat-soluble, or require certain vits or minerals for optimum absorption. Calcium tablets can be taken with milk bcuz milk contains vit D which helps absorption of calcium. We can get natural vit D from sunlight too. But milk will affect the absorption of iron, so iron should be taken separately, if not wasted.
 


<font color="0000ff">as @ 18-Jul-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adel Yee</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>?</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 

Back
Top