(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Adel,

I just realised u r so young! I was not even married yet when I was ur age! So envy! I think u can have ur 2nd/third child b4 30.

U r so lucky to have a v active bb. Must sayang the tummy to tell him not to kick already and u have noticed his movements.
 


happy.gif
am stopping at one. dun think i'll want any more..
 
I think I gained the least weight! Goodness... now I'm getting worried! So far... gained 2kg at Wk 20, now probably just another kg. My doctor will say I worry too much again.

Adel, you have GDM? Did you go through the OGTT to confirm that? Maybe a Dietitian can help you with your diet, perhaps can clear some of your misconceptions. Just a suggestion...

Very interesting to add baby names in there! You ladies have a very creative way of naming children! I'm still undecided... but most probably I'll choose a more common name, I'm a bit conservative in that sense
happy.gif


Our list on Thursday is going to look interesting!

Just curious, you all don't mind me adding Babies' surnames on the list?
 
Dili,

U must gain at least 8 kg or so in the next 4 mths or so to reach ideal weight gain of abt 10kg. I think wong li lin gained 8kg only ...

Actually ur gynae might be right for u not to worry too much since as long as bb is gaining weight and healthy, there's nothing to worry abt.
happy.gif


I think u must be v slim/thin prior to pregnancy. I read in a book that weight gain shd be compared agst the BMI prior to pregnancy. If your BMI is below 20 then u wont expect to gain much weight.
 
hi dili..

*envy* so little weight gain.. now i gain 9Kg liao..*sob sob*

must be the milk.. =(

hmm haven't found a nice name that i like.. my hubby suggest i read all the male names in babynames.com and c if boi got response bo.. ha ha
 
Aprilpinky, u're taking eggs everyday, with the yolk?

Adel, I do feel the itchiness on my tummy but not so frequently, sometimes on my legs too.

Dili_mummy, I'm Ok in having the surname posted, thanks.
 
Venus,
haha... that's new! Worth a try!

Aprilpinky,
My BMI's 20 prior to preg, and also "bah bah" type... so expected weight gain should be 10-13kg. My target is 12kg... but I'm very puzzled why I'm gaining so slowly.

SusanY,
You feeling movements yet? (pardon me if I remember wrongly... was it you who said you haven't felt movement?)
 
hi Dili,
I think not to worry abt too little weight gain, it's just a guide afterall. I gain 3kg at wk 20 now, but I feel fine.

As for names, I thot of calling my ger-ger "Summer", hubby says ok, but not confirmed yet, still sourcing for other nice names. Any suggestions for girls names?

Initially thot of Ashlyn, quite sweet huh, but my colleague's daughter is named Ashley, quite similar, so I drop the idea.
 
Joyful,
thanks, that's reassuring!

I think Ashlyn's quite nice... don't worry about what your colleague's gonna say lah, not related anyway... Summer's also nice, you see how indecisive I get!?! That's why I still haven't picked one!

Was it Celtricia or Aprilpinky?? which of you wanted your boy's name Orlando?? Shall I add to the list?
 
Dili,

It's celtricia's boy - Orlando.

Dili - BMI 20 cannot be bah bah kind. hehehe..my BMI is higher than urs though not beyond 25.

Susan, I dont eat egg everyday. Sometimes no egg for the whole week and I dont enjoy eating egg yolk unless mixed together w egg white even prior to pregnancy.

Joyful, ur gal shd be born in Spring right? or Winter? Ashlyn is nice.
 
Hi all,

What do you think of the names:
- Caitlin (quite popular in the States, pronounced as "Kate-Lin")
- Rachael
- Kimberly (I really like this name but everytime I sit on the toilet bowl, I see Kimberly-Clarke)
- Megan
- Melanie
 
Aprilpinky,
Due in early Dec. It will be summer in the southern hemisphere, eg Australia.

Dili,
I'm also quite indecisive as you can see. Thot of Megan too & almost settled for it, until hubby saw the Renault Megane car adv & wanted to change to something else.
 
Dili_mummy, yeah, i'm the one who couldn't feel BB's movement lah .. yup, felt it 2 nights ago and she gave me a real solid kick till I scream ..

I like the name Ashlyn ..

I find Caitlin is very unique, though it'd be quite difficult to spell.
 
Hi Dili
Not to worry too much about the weight gained. I have also put on about 3-4 kgs since preg and doc says it's fine as long as baby's developing well.

Have not thought up of a dialect name for my baby girl yet. BTW, is it compulsory to have a dialect or hanyu pinyin name?
 
I like kimberly, melanie, rachael and ashlyn for girl's name. all very sweet.

Joyful and Dili-Mummy, your weight gain sounds enviable. I'm 21 weeks and gained 4.5kg, hoping to keep it about 10-11kg in total. Dont wish to gain too much cuz I quite short.

I heard that better not to take half-boiled eggs, everything we eat should be fully-cooked. I seldom eat eggs cuz I dont like the egg yolk.
 
Adel.. i wear drawstring to wrk coz i haf to change into my uniform mah.. heh.. no nid to dress up when i go to wrk unless i'm gg out.. heh.. dat's y.. Anyway.. u really stopping at 1 meh.. ur hubby allows ah.. kekeke.. my boy boy din really kick much yesterday, mayb due to the cold weather.. coz even after wearing my jacket i still feel cold..

Dili_mummy, dun worry.. i also gain v little weight only.. i'm in my 23rd week i tink n during my last visit to my gynae i only gain 2kg as well.. n gynae tell me nt to worry too.. in fact he was happy i gain weight.. heh..

Joyful, both the name of Ashlyn n Summer is a sweet n demure name.. i love it.. heh..

Dili_Mummy,

Orlando is for my boy boy.. heh.. surname is Lee... help me add to the list.. thanks..
 
April,
I think there's a choice... you can choose to use dialect name or han yu pi yin name.

Got this off the website
When To Register Births?
Births should be registered within 14 days from the date of birth, including Sundays and public holidays. For births registered after 14 days and within 42 days, it is considered delayed registration. However, if registration is done after 42 days, a letter of explanation stating the reason for late registration must be submitted for the Registrar/Registrar General's approval. After approval has been given, the birth will be registered and the birth certificate will be issued. Such cases can only be registered at ICA.

In addition, for all birth registrations, please note the following:

Child's name must be furnished at the time of birth registration.
Ethnic characters of the child's name in Chinese/Jawi/Tamil (optional) can be included in the birth certificate but the accuracy of the ethnic characters must be ensured by the parents/informants.
For Chinese children who have been given a name in full Hanyu Pinyin version, the Chinese characters of his name must be reflected in the birth certificate.
 
Hi ladies...

Now it is names time huh?
happy.gif
For girls' names, I think Ashley / Ashlyn is nice..very sweet and demure. Though by now, I have 2 friends whose babies are named Ashley!

Hubby and I sort of decided on Darren for our baby boy..but over the weekend,we just found out that a good friend's son is also called Darren. So now we are back to square one!!
sad.gif
Have to think again.
 
Hi ladies...

Sorry aprilpinky & all who met up for not making it. looks like i missed a great deal of fun. i was down with flu/sore throat the last few days..i think i ate too much durians...was feeling so heaty cannot really sleep at night. Hoepfully, the next outing can join in..

the thread really moving fast...we are now onto baby's name? Me and hubby still thinking of what to name our girl. His family got follow those family tree naming tradition thing, so the surname and last name fix already, left with the middle name for me to choose. But will also be thinking of an English name.

On fish: i just try to avoid all the deep water fish. But quite easy, cos don't really like fish at all..

Itch: No much, sometimes just around the tummy area..

Multivits: I have been taking the Obimin multi-vits from month 2. Other than that, the gynae din give me anything else or ask me to take anything extra. But my blood test results last week showed not enough iron, so maybe my gynae will give me iron pills the next time i go...haizz...now scared of super-constipation..already half the time constipated...

Weight gain: I also gain about 6-7 kg so far, and only in week 23 now..too much hor?
 
Seems like quite a few of you think Ashlyn is nice, maybe I'll shortlist it again
happy.gif


Btw, I found out that Ashley is both a male & female name.

chin,
Darren sounds nice. Kaypoh a bit here, if you like boys name starting with D, another nice name (to me) is Denzel.
 
Bluelips,

I thought Obimin also contains iron? I am also taking Obimin, and was checking the composition...there is this item called ferrous something..think that is iron..and I do not like red meat, so also possibility of shortage of iron, if Obimin does not contain enough iron.

Joyfulhands,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have always liked Denzel Washington, the actor.. : ) We are not just into "D" as a starting alphabet..just names that sound good actually. If you have any other suggestions, keep them coming!!
happy.gif
Thanks
 
Not going to have english name for my boy already. Hubby not in favor...

Bluelips, do join us next time. Hehe. Mayb u can organise the next one for all of us. Try to take more spinach/dark green veg. Just had some for lunch. Fruits is a must for us also. Was telling susan that day that I ate too much cherries that I had loose stools. hahahahah. Still got 2 boxes in the fridge.
 
Hi ladies, wow the thread moves so fast now...

Hmmnn.... all of u already tot of nice name of ur bb. Joyful, i like Summer too. Sounded like a very cheerful name. Dili, i like ur Caitlin too. Rachael sounded too common nowaday.

Back to the fish oil topic. The fish oil my gynae gave me is juz labelled DHA. Stated on the bottle, preggie should take 2pills daily. But my gynae asked me to take 1pill only. So, 1 bottle lasted me 2 months for $30 only. Not very ex lah, but i ks, tot of take more mah. As for eggs, i consume lots of eggs actually. Sometimes, 2 a day. I use about 10 eggs a week (my fur-sibling ate some too lah).
 
hi dili...
i have gdm and its confirmed... gynae's only worried about this only... i think... so far... went to a dietician... think its a waste of time and money.. sigh... what she told me.. i've already know.. so.. (u know what i mean huh)

celtricia..
yes.. am definitely stopping at one.. do not wish to have any more... coz of health reasons.. like this... i wouldn't want to control my diet so strictly for another 9-10 months.. again.. plus hubby and myself.. both reached to a conclusion whereby... one son.. is enough coz he can have all our love and attention.. do not have to share.. coz i come from a huge family.. and i hate sharing.. whereas for him.. his age gap with his sis is 10 years i think.. and for that ten years without his sis.. he told me that he has never really felt lonely before lor.. and in fact he enjoyed the parents' attention.. and of course... he didn't mind a baby sis lah..
happy.gif


mums... i have a sharp pain on my left side of the abdomen.. wonder whats wrong.. am checking with the gynae to see if i need to see him or not.. can't walk.. coz its painful plus.. i couldn't sleep the whole night.. (lie,lean,bend on my left side all painful). argrgr... sit/stand/lie all pain pain... dunno if its my son's feet poking against it... thats why its so painful...

oh.. dili.. i dun mind u putting the surname... coz i like the surname.. hahah...
 
hiyee.. mummys..

just got a call from the gynae.. thought could share with u all... the gynae told me that the pain am experiencing.. on the left side of the abdomen.. is due to excessive weight on my left side... meaning.. i didn't spread my weight evenly by maintaining a good posture.. so it can either be on the left or right side.. whichever side it is.. we should always maintain a good posture so that either side will not have to bear too much weight causing pain on the joints.. or whatsoever..
happy.gif

bottomline... is.. to maintain good posture at all times.. be it reading/working/sleeping!

for me.. i sleep too much on my left side le.. thus causing the womb/fluid/baby.. all resting on my left side.. cannot take it.. then pain arise lor.. somemore baby growing sure gets heavier.. then gotta be more careful. hope this helps..
 
oops.. one more thing.. mummys..
u all going for antenatal classes? am going in sept.. got 7 sessions in total.. cost about $189. is it bery expensive? hope that u all wun find me too lor soh.
happy.gif
 
Adel, sorry to hear about the pain and thanks sharing the info on practising good posture in our activities.

Nik, your fish oil is cheap leh, is it come in a strip form (10 oblong gold colored gel type) named ProLacta with DHA for Mother distributed by Novell Pharmceutical Lab?

Adel, as mentioned in the gathering, I've paid S$157.50 (after discount) for 6-7 classes. So, u've signed up finally ah ..
 
Hey April,

Me not going to have any English names for my boy too. Cos we intend to get a shi fu to name him just like my daughter, thus no point having an English name when you need to call him by his Chinese name to be good.
 
mmm... huh!! am going for the sept classes..and am paying $189/- for 7 classes.. wah sehz.. how come urs so cheap? mmm....
 
Hi Adel, I am going for MAH antenatal classes in sept (when i am 28 weeks). 6 classes for $126 (cuz i delivering in MAH). Quite excited about it. you take care of yourself... sorry, but what's gdm?

Nik,your fish oil is cheap leh, means one month is $15 only. My fish oil is $40 per month leh, i find it very very expensive. Thinking of switching to GNC, but heard from aprilpinky that those gynae prescribes are better. or else maybe Nik, you can help me buy in bulk from your gynae and I pay you back. :p (kidding)
 
Meixue, can lah, if u meant it.
SusanY, mine is in bottle type. I think can take 2 pills a day if u wan (cos it stated on the bottle). If taking 2 pills a day, the $30 will last 1 month too. I think my gynae dun wan me to take too much of supplement, he asked me to take more fish too. Tat's why i'm taking a pill a day only. My DHA is Solaray. I think GNC carry some items from tis brand too. I go check out later.
 
Oh, Solaray brand is found in GNC too. I'll go check it out too. =) $30 per month also better than $40 per month. Somemore the fish oil that my gynae prescribes is put into his own clinic's bottle, so i dunno the brand/composition.
 
Adel,

Yes, it's high time for u to sign up. Mine is cheaper than urs, I paid $160 for wkend class, wkday is only $140. I think gleneagles is known to be a little up-market. hehe.

Meixue, I cant remember the brand that I'm eating but I bought from NTUC unity nowadays ( I brought the bottle there for them to order for me) cuz it's slightly cheaper ($29; $2-$3)than what my gynae sells me. Hehe, nowdays a few bucks also must save.
 
Aprilpinky, after checking your fish oil brand, let us know ok .. it's so taxing to consume a tablet for about S$1.00+/day ..

Nik, u have 2 babies, 1 tablet enough kah ..
 
Aprilpinky.. the fish oil & calcium pills dat Dr Yeo sell to us outside got sell ah? if haf n its cheaper den i wan to buy outside liao lor.. heh.. save money.. kekeke..
 
Meixue, I went to check it out liao( i got a GNC downstairs mah). My gynae really sell me cheap cheap. GNC sell it At $64. Wif member card, got 20% discount. It will still be $50 after discount. Wow, my gynae sell me at $30 only. Must get more from my gynae liao.

SusanY, tat's wat i'm thinking also. I got 2 bbs, i take only 1pill, the rest of u got 1 bb, also take 1pill. I ks hor?? Hmm.. after checking out the price of it, i feel like taking 2 pills a day.
 
Chin,
Obimin contains iron. I also read on cover that it has the ferous thingy. But dunno ler, seems like still not enough. i think it's cos i am like you, don't really take much meat also. The nurse ask me to eat more spinach and boil the red dates soup to drink.

Aprilpinky, i eat and eat a lot of fruits still got constipation...sianz..=(

On names, I also think Ashlyn and Summer very nice name.. the names makes me think of happy thoughts..hehee..
happy.gif


Fish oil take for what hah? My gynae never mention anything ler. need to take from when?

The ante-natal class I sign up is $132 for 6 lessons at TMC. I just went for the first class on Monday. Anyone in that class here? I find it a bit boring ler..the "lecturer" is quite funny, but think most of the stuff we would know already if got do some read-up. Like why need caesarean - baby breach, pelvis too small, baby too big, tat kind of thing. And the must eat healthy diet - folic acid, iron and calcium. Got teach some light exercise also..and the class actually very cramp, cos got 23 couples in one small room.
Maybe will get more interesting when she starts to talk about how to care for the baby.
 
Nik, your gynae sell the fish oil to you at a cheaper rate, that's good. I'll let you know if I need you to help me get, if you don't mind. thanks! Maybe u can check with your gynae to see if you need to take more since you have twins.

AprilPinky, can u also let me know what's the brand of your fish oil? I agree, nowadays can save money, better save.

Anyone has any list of all the things we need to buy for baby? like how many sets of clothes, blankets, towels, bathing items, sleeping accessories etc? Seems like alot of thing, I can't keep track.
 
hehe.. wah sehz.. i think all u mums.. are almost done with the shopping le huh...
mmm.. as usual.. am still the slowest...
so far.. i have only bought... 6 sets of clothings. and six milk bottles only.. enough ma? dunno what else to buy le.. mmm..

gdm= gestational diabetes.

i think am only starting my lessons in sept which also means i will be in my week 31 or so.. hehe.. no rush.. ba.. i think..
 
Adel, i only got 6 bottles for my twins. Seems like i dun have enough liao.

Meixue, u let me noe if u wan. It's ok. Juz now told my hb about the DHA, he say better stick to gynae's instruction. Take 1 pill a day.
 
Ladies,

The brand of fish oil that I'm having (which is available from NTUC with special order too) is "NeuroGain PB, Dietary supplement for Pregnant Mothers". It says 500mg per capsule, 30 capsules per bottle. Celtricia, u can go NTUC and buy, save a few dollars only lah, dr Yeo's markup not that high but I always go NTUC buy groceries so I thot y not just buy fr Unity and gain linkpoints as well. hahahaa

Kelly, I heard those shifu charges v high and the chinese names they think abt r sometimes not found in dictionary.
 
good morning gals!!!

went for my check up n detail scan, it a boy!!!! my little prince very naughty n so playful, when doing the scan the radiographer keep shaking her head cos she cant take any nice pixs at all when scanning the legs n hands..... til i try n talked to him n hubby stepped in that time then he managed to cool down n let us see everythings n the gender! so amazing.....
but gynae said i put on too much weight this mth :-( put on 3.5kg since last checkup...... being eating too much hor fun, chee chong fun(bb craving) n rice, all carbo got to cut down liao! so scary to see my weight..... :-(
 
have u gals start buying things? i nv buy anything at all, can start now liao.... hehe
after the detail scan i super kiasu asked gynae to double check again n gynae said can't go wrong too cos his legs open so big!!! hahahaha..

wat brands of milk bottles is good?
 
Sexxy, must buy now. Now tummy getting bigger I can start to feel the strain. Dont think I can run around that much 1 mth later.

I bought avent bottles cuz I bought their manual pump. But I know NUK is v popular too.
 
Morning ladies..

heh.. i also din start to buy anything yet as mummy says not to.. kekeke.. duno if i should listen to her or not.. anyway.. Aprilpinky.. i also goes to NTUC n do most of my grocery shopping, so i will also get fish oil frm there to get my link points too.. but the fish oil n calcium pills both the same as Dr Yeo sell one or different ah?
 


Good morning ladies,

This morning, I discovered 2 pimples on my face...!!
sad.gif
Is this normal..or is it that the food I am taking is too heaty?? Just want to check with you ladies whether your complexion has actually improved / worsen since you got pregnant? For me, actually, it has been quite ok generally .. most people actually told me that my complexion is better since I got pregnant..so I am wondering whether I am eating too much heaty food! I am drinking lots of water..and no problem with constipation.

I must admit that I have done too much shopping already! Just could not resist the cute little baby clothes.. but I have yet to get some of the larger items actually. I found a good list of things that should be bought.. etc.. at
http://www.baybsupplies.net/survivaltips_sitemap.htm#1
 

Back
Top