(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Yes, dili, the low-lying placenta is the cuase of my bleeding too. Be very very careful and don walk too much or too fast. I'm a living example, you won't want to end up in bed. So now that things are still ok, rest as much as you can and be very gentle in whatever you do. And no intercourse.
However, all is not lost, cos very high chance of it going up. 75%. That's what keep me going.
 


Congrats Dili_mummy! Baby girl gd leh.. can dress up.. hee..

so ladies.. tot of names for ur baby boys & gals? My hubby wans my son to b called Orlando.. hee.. but our cousins afraid dat our grandparents n some cheena speaking aunts n uncles can't pronounce d name.. kekeke..
wink.gif
 
clee, The package is quite ex. for 4 sessions. And no, I don't have OCBC card to enjoy 10% discount. Let me consider. Thanks for the info.
 
celtricia, orlando, hmmm, your hubby is fan of lord of the ring? Actually Orlandon Bloom a handsome british chap, guess your hb wants your boy ro grow up handsome and refine. ;o)

Well, the older folks and cheena ones can call him by his chinese name. Not a prob wat.
 
Coral,
Does your baby kick very low sometimes? Besides the usual kicking around tummy area, my girl also kicks VERY low... around my pubic bone area! is that what happens in a low-lying placenta? forgot to ask doctor yesterday?
 
Coral.. not really lah.. juz dat both of us find orlando bloom quite charming.. heh.. n he feels its an appropriate name after looking thru d babies name book n saw the meaning.. hee..

duno leh.. most of our grandparents juz luv to call our christian names even though we have chinese names.. so i'm a bit concern abt it.. hahaha...
 
Celtricia,
If the older folks find it a mouthful to call Orlando... they'll most probably give up!
Have you got other names in mind too?
 
Dili_Mummy,
If they find it too mouthful, they may cut short d name n called other weird names instead like 'Do Do'? hahahha.. dat's wat my sis-in-law was saying yesterday.. kekeke..

I've got no other names in mind, n i tink my hubby will wan to juz stick to tis name, as he has been calling bb by his name whenever he sings a song or talks to him.. heh..
happy.gif
 
Diili, I feel pain at pelvic area too, mum told me it's bb kicking, but I dunno and also never asked doc about it. When nurse try to find bb's heart beat it's usually very low, way below my belly button. So I guess it's very possible that bb is kicking me at the low position...
 
Coral, my kicks are around pubic area... lower than the pelvis! that's why I'm worried!

Celtricia, maybe you can ask for their opinions? But if both your hb and you really like it, I'd say go ahead!
 
Oh, yes, I do feel strain at pubis area too, mum keep telling me it's the effect of bb's kick and told me not to worry so i didn't check with gynae too.
 
Hello Dili and Coral, do take care. My bb's kick is normally slightly below belly buttom, mostly on the left. The MO in charge of the scan told me my placenta is v high up.

Just now I was tapping my tummy playfully and didnt expect bb to knock back. hehe. quite funnie. hubby said bb is active and playful.

Wont have english name for my boy. wanted to name him Ryan but hubby said let him choose himself when he grows up.
 
Aprilpinky, thanks.
I was also thinking of letting bb choose english name. But hb wants to give leh. See how, if we cant think of one that we like shall leave the choice to bb in future.
 
Dili_mummy, i sure will, but i tink even if their opinions r negative we will still go ahead..

Aprilpinky n coral.. we can't wait till baby is older den let him choose, coz we r both catholics n for my baby to b baptised, we've got to haf christian names ready for him, dat's y.. hee..
 
hi Dilimum

my bb's kicks also seems tobe very low these days...just above the pubic area....

gynae said my placenta is ok during the last visit....will see how next week for my appt...
 
I also feel that the baby is kicking very low. During my last scan 2 weeks ago, the report said that my placenta is low lying..but the doc said that this is ok, as the placenta will start moving up slowly..so not to worry about it. Unless there is spotting..or exceptional pain...
 
My baby girl also kicks very low, near the pelvis. The doctor said my placenta is alright, so I guess low kicks are normal?

Aprilpinky, I think Ryan's a very nice name for a boy leh. We wanted to name our baby Ryan if it's a boy. But since it's a baby girl, so got to choose some other name.
 
yes..Ryan is a nice name - very boyish.. we are still thinking about a name for a boy. Luckily i do not have to worry about the chinese name, since my father in law will help us choose. Have to follow some generation thingy...
 
Yah ladies, I like the name Ryan also. But hubby said let him choose himself. Can call him by this name but no need to put in birth cert!? hehe. I said no point. If it's a gal for the next one, I would call her Yen. hehe
 
All,
it's a reassurance to know some of your babies kick low too.

Chin,
I think my situation same like yours... no need bedrest but hope it'll "move" up together with womb as the preg goes along.
 
Hi Dilimum,
My bb also kick very low leh!... sometimes makes me want to go toilet and I even told my husband to remind me to check with my gynea next visit to see if i have low placenta... cos so far, she didn't mentioned that mine is low..
happy.gif
 
Ladies, don't get too sensitive. Cos all pregnancy start with the placenta position lower and it moves up as it progress. So if gynae never say anything bad, it should be normal.
 
hi dili..

my aqua aerobics class is going to end soon on 2nd Aug..

somemore my fren is not joining for the next session which starts on 16th Aug..

so thinking of going for kkh one.. c how first..:p

There are 2 classes starting on 6th Aug and 17th Sept..i try to call and check if got space bo??
 
Hi ladies,
My gynae didn't mention anything abt the placenta. I tot it still not visible in the scan yet.

My bbs like to kick me when i'm abt to got to bed at nite. Sometimes, 2-3 kicks at a time. Then my hb will move over to my tummy n 'tell' them gently, "mummy wan to sleep already, stop disturbing mummy". Sometimes, i find my hb so cute also.

Last nite, my hb asked me tat in case of emergency in the middle of the nite(touch wood lah), where should we go? Tis is something tat never cross my mind yet, should we call the gynae or go to the hospital's 24hrs clinic??
 
Hi all, how's everyone's doing?

Dilli_mummy,
pls help me to update, I'm having a baby BOY! :D

Ladies, anyone know if it's alright to do hair rebonding during pregnancy?
 
Nik, I also thought of that question. Next time I'll ask gynae. For the time being, I think will go to the hospital A&E department.

Congrats bblove for having a prince! About rebonding, i think better dont do, cuz the chemicals are pretty harsh. A pregnancy book that I read advised against hair dye, so i think rebonding also cannot.
 
Hi gals, I'm from the Jan 06 and Dec 05 thread. Can check the following with you, pls?

Dili_mummy
Where can I find out more abt the aqua classes at KKH? I am very interested.

Venus
May I know where is your aqua class, pls? Is it specially for preg women?

Thanks lots
 
nik, my gynae says go to the A&E during emergency and the hospital will contact your gynae. The hospital staff will help you before your gynae arrives.

Hehe my hb also like yours, whenever I hv indigestion he'll ask bb to move around to help mummy digest. I say you think bb is gastric juice ah?
 
hahahhaaa...coral, your hubby so cute.

Yes, A&E and hospital will contact the gynae. But the charges will be v ex cuz outside office hour. I think around $150 - $200 for that
 
hi krissie

for KKH,go to www.kkh.com.sg. find classes for woman..

My aqua class is at clementi swimming pool under s'pore sports council one.. that class is for normal pple one but i told my instructor abt my pregnancy before i sign up.. so she take special care of me
happy.gif
 
Wah... I really pei fu you gals still have the enery to go aqua class leh... nowadays i go shopping 30mins no energy liao and must find a place to sit down! hahahaha
happy.gif
 
I also impressed by those mums who can go exercise. I also get tired very easily. LIke manuka, i go shopping halfway,must find somewhere to sit down.:p

Hi gals, any tips for buying playpen-cum-cot and bouncer/rocker? What are the things to look out for when buying?
 
haha.. i did that too, when i went shopping during the GSS, i plonked myself on the seats in the shoes section..and started admiring the shoes from the seats. guess we all the same ...
 
Meixue, yday my friend was telling me when buying cot, make sure it's easy to move the front down when you're changing baby. He say some needs 2 hands and very troublesome if you're alone and carrying bb.
 
Meixue, also - try to make sure that the cot bed is not too low i.e. too far down..it may be difficult for you to reach to pick up or put down the baby. Especially when the little one gets bigger and heavier.
 
Coral, ur hb so fummy also...

Have anyone bought any bb's stuff?? My hb n i trying to get some bb's stuff the other day, we were so lost. Dun noe wat to get 1st. I dun have much pass down infant wear too. But ppl said bb out-grow them very fast, i wonder how many pcs is enough?

Does anyone eat bird's nest to 'Bu'? Is tat Lo Hang Ka brand good? Wat else do u 'bu'??
 
I dare not eat too much bird's nest at most once a month. Cos both cousins of mine ate alot during preg and their bbs got lots of phlegm. Also heard fm pple too much may result in asthma for bb. The only other bu i eat is the chicken essence mum cook for me. I try to avoid herbs.

I tried to buy bb car seat last wkend too but in then end also dunno how to choose. Decided no need to buy infant wear, cos I receive abt a box of both new and old bb clothes.
 
I need to sit down for a long time when i get tired from shopping, so i sit at food court or go for tea. haha.

Because i am easily fatigued, my mum makes cordyceps (dong cong cao) with wild ginseng tonic for me. I also drink some bird's nest. and essence of chicken.

thanks for the tips! I thinking of getting those 2-in-1 playpen/cot type, with bassinet. cheaper than wooden cots.

For newborn clothes, i also waiting for hand-me downs. :p
 
hmm.....
I drink bird nest about once a week.....
Heard that Lo Hong Ka brand is good....
BUT, I dun like, not shoik.....
One day only take 1 teaspoon......
"fill the heart BUT not the LUNGS"
(cantonese saying for not enough)
Yu Ren Shen one not bad leh....
the premium one..... shoik shiok!!
 
As for essence of chicken,
I dun drink......
When my mum was carrying me last time,
she drinks alot of essence of chicken.....
Then my skin turns out like chicken skin....
"ji pi" very very ulgly......
 
<font color="aa00aa">Krissie,</font>
Venus already told you the website! Good luck in your search!

<font color="aa00aa">Bblove,</font>
Congrats! Updated!

<font color="aa00aa">Coral,</font>
Just a suggestion... Don't buy car seat now. Buy an infant carrier... you can carry baby around in it... and also can be strapped into the back car seat. My friend said bb can use that for 1 yr! Thereafter, buy a bigger car seat.

<font color="aa00aa">Nik,</font>
In a typical week, I take chicken soup with gao li ginseng and other herbs (once a week)... and also birds' nest (once a week). I've been taking this quite well since the start of 2nd trimester.
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 7-Jul-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>18/12/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
Good morning ladies!!

TGIF! Today on leave to take a rest. Work has been tough for the past weeks. Yesterday bb moved from left to right and was moving quite a bit when I was bathing. Told him that we will bring him for a swim when he's out. hehe
happy.gif


I eat bird nest twice a week. hehe. cuz heard it's good.
 


Hello! &amp; Good Morning!

Dili_Mum, thanks for updating list.

Birds' Nest - I take it once a week. I know of people who took it more often than once a week (even everyday!!) when they were pregnant, no problems with babies after that. Good for baby's skin!

TGIF! Time flies so quickly..it is another weekend.
happy.gif
 

Back
Top