(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

patsy: wahaha.. camping.. bring me along.. whhwhahahaha.. u siao one. dunno what u bring.. u can almost bring whole house liaoz

carole: hehe, just listing down the contents of her bag, here goes --- diapers, clothes, blanket, pillow, bib, milk, water, pacifier, puffs, desitin, hand sanitizer, powder, changing mat, face towel.

Patsy - for MMR,and chixpox vaccine, fever w devlop only after a week or so. not immediately. PD told me if fver yest and today it's most likely not due to vaccine..

wah.. when i go out with tammi,travel light is my motto.. once i was so gungho i brought her out to a dinner function without milk thinking she'll be ok with the solids but she didn't want to eat n i was so paranoid I drove back all the way from pasir ris just to give her milk.. haha. but i still never learn from lesson. My diaper bag is v small - just barest min. if have to bring alot of stuff i rather not go out.. lazy mom.

sweetie, yah, i bring pillow coz xaby likes to sleep in her stroller and if she had no pillow, her head would be hanging towards one side and i don't want her to get neck ache. i have another insulated bag for her porridge and eating paraphernalia
happy.gif
BTW, is Grace walking yet? Xaby's still cruising and still refuses to talk!

pammie, i try to travel light, but get scared what if i suddenly need this and that and can't find it so end up i will bring everything just to be on the safe side! luckily there are baby chairs in most restaurants here else i would be walking round town with a baby chair in tow too!!

Right inside Clarisse's Bag...

diapers, clothes, blanket, baby bean bolester, water bottle, compact loose powder, mini lotion, handkerchief, fork & Spoon, food cutter, feeding bowl and food container... but mine never as heavy lehz..... kaoz

inside mine are mostly mini: -

Long Day (big bag)
3 diapers, desitin, wet wipes, 1 bottom, 1 top, 1 sweater, 1 milk bottle, 2 water bottles, 1 mini hot water flask, 3 meals of FM, 2 handkerchieves, spoon.

Short Trip (small bag)
1 diaper, wet wipes, 1 sweater, 1 milk bottle, 1 water bottle, 1 meal of FM, 1 handkerchief, spoon

yikes, i forgot i also carry 2 kinds of wet wipes, one for the bum, the other for hands/mouth. plus tissues. and now raining a rain coat for her!

patsy, by the way, who packs the bag, you or Nits?

Shirley packs and i'll always wanna inspect before leaving home. i realise she has no heart and mind for handkerchieves. even during mealtimes, she'll come with the bowl of porridge and that's it! just don't understand why can't she pick up a wet handkerchief to clean Samuel instead of struggling to pull out a piece of tissue when he spits out his food.

sneaky, Nits will pack the bag but i've given her a list of things to bring so she doesn't forget anything (but often will still forgot something or the other!). For mealtimes, i let Xaby wear plastic bibs so her clothes don't get soiled (like the one i got for Sam), we will also always bring a wet face towel and a dry one as spare just in case). The plastic bibs are good cause they have a pocket to catch the food if the baby spits it out!

wah all of you got maid so good life. keke.. usually one of us will pack the bag, if he nv bring anything, will get the hell from me.. if i forget, he dare not scold me..hahaha..... I nv pack porridge out de.. its either breadtalk, milk or baby bites if Alden is hungry
happy.gif

fun, i don't dare let hb pack her bag, it will be empty! dunno how many times he has grumbled i bring kitchen sink in xaby's bag!!

My bag for going out:

2 diapers, baby wipes, one set of clothes, 1 jacket, 4 hankies, 1 cup of baby yogurt, 1 box of baby cookies, milk (1 bottle of cool water,1 empty bottle, powder, hot water flask), pacifier, fork & spoon, hat, soft toy.

i think if i ask my hubby to pack, he'll just grab diapers. patsy, forget about the MEN lah...they can only take care of themselves...haha

fun, that's quite a lot too leh...

patsy,
no, grace still refuse to walk. hold her hands, she will soft soft... she is talking alot of baby language and refuse to call us when we ask her to. very stubborn girl la... she likes to explore things herself... cant stand...
happy.gif

fun,
i very scare grace will be hungry without porridge over the weekends cos if bread she also take very little, like to play with the food. so weekends, i will cook and feed her lunch before going out and then bring the second feed out.

sweetie

We usually cook lunch and dinner at different time.. dun cook together. Alden teething now he can just take milk and cookies.. btw Abbott recommended us to give pedisure for replacement of solid food since he refuse his solids recently, gain iq nutients not enough to replace solids wor.

Patsy - can't u leave some things in the car? I leave the raincoat in car, not in diaper bag.. also stuff like blanket, extra diapers, extra set of clothing - all leave inside car and until now i have no habit of inspecting my diaper bags prepared by maids and almost everytime there are missing items.. but i just live with it la..
happy.gif
so long as 90% of the stuff there i'm happy.. at the most we turn back home loh cos' singapore so small. sometimes if i'm taking tammi out for a short shopping trip, i only bring snacks n one diaper n i'm good to go! hehe.. she likes to take her shoes out so i'd rather go barefooted

since we are on this topic, i'm still looking for a hot flask to contain soup, porridge as the one i'm using doesn't hold soup well, always spill even if the lid is tightly screwed on. Anyone with recommendations on brand? thanks!

sweetie: same as Xaby! very lazy and quite cheeky too, when you ask her to call papa she will say mama and smile sweetly at her daddy!

pammie: but if we're in taka and car is in paragon, can't have the raincoat in the car, right? would rather carry all so can be sure i have it when i might need it!

fun: can confirm pediasure can be used to replace some solids for babies who are not eating well

pammie,

I bought the tiger one. GOOD! big enough for one meal.

Patsy,
I hope grace can walk by cny then. i intend to buy a cheong sum for her if she can walk. she will look very cute then... wont look nice if she still crawling.

I have maid too but i pack brennan's outing bag myself. used to it cos i dont like to rely on maid when it comes to my bb.
happy.gif

Bag contains: 3-4diapers, 2 types of wetwipes (mouth & bum), drapolene & rash cream, 5 hankies, 1 bib, small blanket for car ride, longsleeve sweater, long pants, 1 extra set of clothings for change, 1 wet hanky for cleaning mouth after use, milk powder, hot water flask, milk bottles.

Now i try to let bb eat what we eat outside. But i still bring cereal out as spare incase the waiting time too long or if i cant find any suitable food for brennan.

patsy

Brennan also lazy to walk. but i think he is more willing now that we hold his hands up and guide him to walk. he used to raise his legs up when we do that
happy.gif

Kaiser also has a fully equipped diaper bag which includes items like 6 diapers, 3 hankies, 2 bibs, 1 pullover & pants, 1 windbreaker, 1 blanket, 1 set of clothes for change, 1 set of pyjamas, 1 box of wet wipes, 2 pairs of socks, 2 milk bottles, 1 mag mag, hot flask, milk powder, biscuits & rice cereal. That's it. My dad always say we pack like we are going to "tao nun".

As all the clothings etc are fixed items to be brought when out, so the maid will have to clean the bag & replace with fresh ones the night after we return from outing.

hi

my bag: 1 diaper/ 1 cotton long sleeve top/ 1 set of extra clothes/ wet wipes/ 1 milk bottle/ FM for feeds/ hot flask with porridge.

we have yet to buy a porridge flask so the themos flask start to stink with the fish liao.

what kind of porrige do you guys cook?

Think charlize eat till xian already. It's either ckn or pork or fish porridge with corn/ spinach/ xiaobai cai/ carrot/ potato/ pumpkin

Her veg and meat are all still blended. tried giving it to her by cutting into fine stripes but she spits out anything coarse, even fruits.

tried to feed her rice, she will store everything in her mouth like a hamster then spit everything out or worse, puke when she choke.

patsy

Taking pedisure was recommended by abbott nurse consultant. So i just supplement Alden onli for tat meal where he is suppose to take solids. Normal milk drinking session we still give gain iq. But she also added tat as long as a baby gets MIN 500ml milk a day, baby is fine.

last weekend Alden met up with on of his cousin from Australia, to my surprise, he is taking fresh Meiji Milk from cold storage!! Strawberry favour somemore and straight from the fridge!!
His granny said in Australia is very very common to give fresh milk instead of FM to babies and kids. He started taking fresh milk since 1 yr old, he is onli 13mths now.

whitefloral: i've been giving xaby adult type food for a while now, except I don't put any salt/soy sauce or anythign with MSG in it. She's had pasta with beef, fish with brocolli/cauliflower in cheese sauce, lasagna etc. I've stopped blending her food also since she turned 1 and she's quite good at eating rice from our plates, fish, chicken etc. you have to train charlize slowly to accept more textured foods coz now they have more teeth. if I'm not wrong the Gina Ford book recommends that by now our babies should be eating things like semi-cooked carrots, etc. One thing that worked for me to train xaby to chew is to give her soft fruits like bananas and encourage her to chew heself.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLE!!!!!</font></font>

hi everyone
happy.gif
thanks for the advise and well wishes
happy.gif
hubby does know that it is better for us to stay home, but that day i was also sick and hubby's parents might have been ok with me and zoe stay at home but hubby must still go.. and i was pretty sick too, don't think i could have handled sick zoe on my own so we all trooped down to MIL's place to show face, then hide in hubby's old room for an hour and left..

anyhow it's over.. all these just go to show how my PILs are..

now trying to psycho my mum into agreeing to help me out half days when baby no. 2 comes.. my mum is the only grandparent that zoe will allow to carry/touch her.. she will pull away if it's my dad/PILs esp if it is my MIL.. so if my mum will agree that would be ideal.. she has this traditional thinking that the paternal grandparents should help look after the grandchildren and not the maternal side.. also if she helps, that my PILs may be insulted..

re: Food

Pammie: i have the tiger food jar- suitable for porridge and soups and the thermos food one with 4 different containers.. Both are good
happy.gif

zoe now eats adult food.. but my adult food has no added salt or sugar and all home cooked.. so she eats things like
-steamed rice
-chicken/carrot/onion soup
-chicken/old cucumber soup
-pork ribs/water cress soup
-minced pork/cabbage soup
-baked pork ribs
-wanton soup
-steamed egg+ chicken/beef/pork
-steamed tofu
-steamed beef
-steamed fish (cod/pomfert/salmon)
-baked cod
-yong tao fu
-fried rice
-fried bee hoon

as for milk.. i give her full cream fresh milk (room temp) once in awhile with her midafternoon snack..

it's challenging trying to get her to eat new things.. she refuses anything yellow like the pastas and doesn't like her savoury meals with cheese on top so i can't do like the baked rice sorts too.. running out of ideas..

anyone has other soup receipes? zoe particularly likes soups..

whitefloral

u should try letting your darling non blended food otherwise she will not get use to the taste and cant learn how to swallow. try bit by bit. u can start to cut the veg into tiny bits first then slowly increase the size.

As for pork and chicken, i do agree that it can be quite coarse if u dont blend it. i slice it and ask my maid to chop it finely. before i feed brennan, i will mash it using the spoon so he is ok with it.

For fish, just chop into bits and no need to mash when feeding cos they are soft after cooked

Fushiastar

u can try this soup which i've cooked for brennan before.

- pork muscle (less fat)
- melon (those big round type where supermarket always sells in big slices)
- carrot

sometimes, MIL will add in potato to feed brennan. I will add vegetables to it at times too
happy.gif
heehee

I prefer to cook porridge cos all in one. now, when we go out, i will feed him outside adult food.

SSL

wah u slice, chop and mash chicken and pork ah.. sounds like blend to me more or less liao heheeee My mil always remind us not to give too fine stuff, so tat Alden can have a chance to bite on his own.

I'm using winter melon in Alden's porridge
happy.gif

fushiastar

definitely not mao gua. duno whats marrow green?? its round in shape and supermarket will slice them to sell. meat is white in colour with seeds in the centre, skin is dark green in colour. ??? not sure if its the winter melon that Fun is talking about.

its sweet in nature so no need to add seasoning too. but if coughing dont feed cos its slightly cooling in nature.

Fun,

not really like blended. still got texture and in lumps
happy.gif

ssl, marrow green is mao gua. the one you're referring to is Dong Gua - winter melon. very huge one.

sam usually eats porridge during lunch. his porridge would contain some of the following: -

Veg - spinach (purple or green), pumpkin, potato, mao gua, carrot, sweet potato

Meat - cod fish, threafin, garoupa, pork, beef (seldom)

in the evenings, he'll eat rice with whatever soup my mum cooks (lotus roots, watercress, veg soup, etc). otherwise, my maid will cook soup with veg, corn, meat &amp; fish. he loves soup...

when we're out, he'll eat whatever i find suitable. soup he will definitely gobble down...

sneaky

ops. me the "da dong gua' hahaha
maybe i can try cooking mao gua for brennan too
happy.gif

the spinach issit the one with a weird taste? Brennan normally eat the heng cai" (chinese round leaf spinach)

ssl, haha...mao gua is good and tastes sweet too. spinach no wierd taste leh...oh, i forgot to add...he also gets to eat brocolli...

patsy: do you have a receipe for fish soup? it doesn't taste nice when i cook...

SSL and Sneaky: thanks for the dong gua soup info
happy.gif
i tried mao gua + chicken soup before.. quite nice too
happy.gif
haven't tried dong gua though.. will try next week
happy.gif

hi.. i have a question.. is anyone's baby drinking milk from a cup/straw and not a teat? when should we switch them to straws or cups?

zoe drinks water through the pigeon magmag straw attachment and sometimes direct fr a cup, FM through a milk bottle/teat but fresh milk through a straw..

hi fushiastar, xaby still drinks milk from a bottle/teat, though i'm slowly trying to give her milk in the cup during the day.

fyi, I had successful train sabrina for toilet train, yahee. now sabrina is diaper free at day time (she able to let us know she go to pee pee) at nite i still let her wearing diaper, but she able wakeup go toilet and back to sleep again..
in e morning her diaper is dry one.

Sharon, your girl is so smart!
Mine can't tell me that she wants to pee. But She will poop at the toilet bowl and sometimes pee when i bring her.

How long did you take to do it?

sharon: yah.. share how leh.. me train but unsucessful..

fun: yah.. it is slower.. but zoe won't drink freshmilk fr a bottle..

tell you all something funny
happy.gif

i was worrying about how to train zoe to sleep through the night by herself.. we usually sleep on mattresses on the floor (all 3 of us)
these 2 nights cos zoe kept coughing.. hubby thought it might be a pblm with our floor mattresses so we shifted back up to our bed to sleep.. wierd thing is that these 2 nights, zoe slept fr about 7pm all the way to abt 4am.. then will wake up for a latch.. after that, she will crawl down fr the bed by herself and sleep on the mattress on the floor alone!! so she's actually starting to self wean and sleep independently
happy.gif
thank god for that
happy.gif

Fiona,ruff and fushiastar,

sabrina, she is potty trained , when she is 7 mth old.last year dec06, I'm started to train her go toilet to pee.(i took about a month)
1) buy toilet cover
2) let she pee on toilet when she awake from sleep or nap.(must pratice it everyday, can not stop in between
3) every member (daddy, mommy and caregiver) must very co-operation
4) slowly increased to every hourly (bring her go toilet)
5) very important is everytime, you or caregiver go toilet must let her know and bring her go together and witness it. slowly she will understand wat is toilet ???
6) increased to every half and hour or 20 min ( bring her go toilet to pee)
7) then must telling her how to let u all know if she want to pee or poo
8) slowly her will use to it (dry diaper)
if her pee on diaper, she feel uneasy.
9) she will make noise, when she feel that she want to pee.
" remark, i can says quite tiring,i half way feel like give up e training" lucky i had a supporting husband and e maid, my maid help me a lot on e day time. each time, i train sabrina, she will just follow my instruction. she help me a lot.

Back