(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

wendyg ...

really ar?? did isaac get high? hopefully not too much damage done ar

that day at my family's BBQ ... they fed YC a BIG chunk of cotton candy ... aiyo i was so angry cos some of the cotton candy stuck to his lips so he couldnt eat it although he could see it ... so he looks very funny lar and everyone crowd around him laughing ... make him like so ah-gong like that opening and closing his mouth like goldfish

i was so mad and i told my aunty that he is too young to eat such sweet stuff (imagine its nothing but coloured sugar)and removed that piece of candy floss from his lips

so now he v happy when we give him cake and sweet stuff lor ... hopefully he doesnt develope sweet tooth man!!
 


wendy

beer?? did he sleep v well that night? hehe.. i let zephan sample some durian the other day, and he loves it! it's v high in frutose, so i just gave a teeny weeny bit. now his daddy can faint liao, cos he doesn't like durian..
happy.gif


skippy
i'm inviting relatives n some close frens. relatives alone already big headache. and i dowan to have so many celebrations in that weekend.. got quite a few restrictions like cannot celebrate after the actual birthday, only during weekends, etc. I'm holding his party the weekend before his actual birthday, but will take the actual day off to celebrate with him again.
 
My cousin drank a small cup of wine when she was around 1+. She just helped herself to it when no one was looking. After that she became very flushed and kept asking for ice. Only then did we realise she down the wine.
But dont worry, never damage her brain...she is in gifted programme now.
 
pepsi
wa, gifted programme?? OK, i got some beer & DOM in my home.. will go buy some Jim Beam to add to his porridge. *hiak hiak*

i gave isaac ice chips too.. see his face v funny. **Cold... brrr**
 
wendyg,
doesnt help to leave her alone cos she kept climbing up and held on to the cot rail. we let her cried it out the 1st nite, no use.. hai.. yday night same problem..

feeding baby:
talk about relatives feeding baby. i was also very pissed with hubby's relatives. on 2 separate family gatherings, diff aunties fed my baby (that time less than 6 months old) cakes and soft drinks. i was so pissed and angry! told them not appropriate for baby at this age yet they replied "last time kids also like that.. blah blah blah..." somemore they fed with their bare hands, not sure clean or not! i was really on fire!!
 
skippy10,
No wonder I feel like someone miss me here! Heehee...
Talking abt the B'day, I KS a bit. Few mths ago already chopped a Aloha chatlet & now planning for a BBQ within some close frds. Probably mahjong whole nite or wat... hyiak. What's your plan in mind?
happy.gif


Seabreeze,
That's terrible, I think I will be quite mad too if anyone make fun of Edna like that.
 
raisintan
dat's what my aunt said.. "let your baby eat EVERYTHING, dun restrict". I also dunno what she means.. maybe really give them a bit of EVERYTHING lor.
 
wendyg & raisintan ...

aiyo how come all the aunty the same one hahahaha mine oso ... say that so that they dun become fussy eater ... well i dun mind if they reject soft drinks/ sweets/ cake etc mar!!!

cat tail ...

yar i was angry man ... my whole face was BLACK!! and i just carried YC away from the crowd

playing MJ sounds like a good idea!! aiyo i very long never get a chance to sit down and play a decent game liao!! *itchy hand*
 
re: feeding baby

i think it's ok to give them most types of food, to expose them to a wide variety of tastes. but certain things i draw a line, esp alcohol, caffaine, sweets, fried stuff. But must be in v little quantity. Was quite shocked when my fren ask whether she can offer zephan french fries! the most unhealthy Mac Donald's ones somemore! (though i like it most! haha..) now i'm also more keen to let him eat a bit of what i take, just for the fun of it.

seabreeze
i'm also pissed when people treat zephan as if he's an idiot, like dangling treats and stuff in front of him but not letting him reach it, pretending to feed him and then pulling away. I'll say "aiyah, u keep teasing him next time he wont want to play with you already" then i snatch him away. I think it's a cruel thing to do. I dont even do that to my dog.
 
ting,
Nope. high chair is hand-me-down. I haven't got time to ask hb yet. he is working later than usual and m staying at mum's house now...

Anissa,

Clarence knows how to drink from straw! denzel don't even know how to drink from sprout yet...hahaha.

Wendy,
I didn't plan anything for denzel yet. dunno if wanna celebrate or not. even if celebrating, i guess it would be a family affair too.
 
re:feeding stuff
My MIL also advocate feeding all things so that bb will get use to eating most of the stuff.. I'm not totally against it. But I think food like cakes/ice cream/candies/soft drink etc such sweet stuff don't have to worry that they will reject those in the future cos they won't.

On the other hand we shld teach them to eat things like plain water, tofu, vege etc.. I guess the elders and hubby think i'm such a bore that sometime they'll purposely feed bb those 'forbidden' stuff...
 
Dear SeaBreeze

Re: ikan bilis
Looks like I should try it. I am running out of ideas coz fish is just too costly around my areas of late
sad.gif
 
wendy,
haha... u naughty mummie! myself get turquilla pop for ur bb!! hee....then the mummie also pop together!

cat_tail & tingting,
do u think it's like a break for mummie instead of b'dae celebration for our kids? dont think our bb know how to appreciate a b'dae party... :| they r still so young...
 
wendyg:
u want ikan bilis powder for what? Mine finishing.. i can prepare new ones for isaac this wkend. And isaac drank Carlsberg??!!

raisintan:
my girl does that too now in her cot.. what i do is to carry her and put her back in lying down position.. and tell her "time to sleep" and then pat her for a while and then go out. She will continue to scream/cry but later she gets it, so she stops climbing up the cot. She will sleep on her own.
 
ineedmilk
i want ikan bilis powder for the calcium la. Power power one hor.
I've got some more Carlsberg in my fridge. Bring some for Eliz on Sun? Maybe she'll guai guai eat her beer porridge
 
Seabreeze,
Dun be angry. Wait till the day u see their children or grandchildren, u drown them with syrups...hyiak.. see how they react.

skippy,
Actually I am celebrating my suffering day.... sounds crazy rite.
 
Hi wendy, cat_tail, tingting, i_need_milk, seabreeze & samantha,

Yeah, Clarence does look 'mature' for his age. Many pple was actually surprised to hear that he is only 10 mth old.

He was eating his favourite donut in that pic. He has durian on a regular basis. We usually stop after giving him 5 to 6 seeds but he can definitely eat more if given. Last weekend he had lollipop and he loves it!

As for drinking from straw, my mum started him on that when he was 5 mth old. Was quite surprise that he knew how to 'suck in'. I do give him coke, 7-up and whatever else I'm having
happy.gif
Last mth I taught him how to blow a whistle and he is doing pretty well.

It's really amazing how fast our bbs are growing. Clarence can identify everyone at home and when we give him something and ask him to give it to 'ma ma' etc, he knows how to crawl towards that person and give it to him/her. He can also stick out his tongue when we ask where his tongue is and point to his mouth when we ask him where his mouth is etc..

Recently the God of fortune has been smiling at me. Couple of weeks ago, Clarence picked 8855 for me but I only bet $1 cos the nos. didn't look too promising. Ended up winning $250 only. Last weekend, he took 0418 and I strike 2nd prize! That's $10k!!!


Seabreeze,
Didn't login for very long and when I did last week, was shocked to realise that Chin Leng has banned my a/c
sad.gif
So gotta re-apply for one. Not too sure why though... Hmm...
 
wendy,
i remember u r the one who likes Coke rather than alcohol ritE! hee...mix the coke wit bourbon! :p

i need milk,
i tried tt too, but my boy tried to jump out from his cot!!!! *faint*... like last nite, i brought him to bed n told him it was time to slp, he screamed at me n gave me the funnie face! then i stared at him n told him to go to bed! guess wat...he screamed louder n look out from the room see anyone will come n safe him out of the cot! at last, he won...my mum came in n carried him out !
sad.gif
 
skippy10
heh, yeah dat's me.. but maybe my boy prefers alcohol to coke.

anissa
wa, clarence v clever huh! As for the 4D.. *hmm*
 
Skippy10
The reason why the CIO trick don't work on your boi is he got helper. For Justen he know who to bully too, if I am in the room he will cry non stop but when his daddy around and I walk out of the room he will stop the fuss and guai guai go to sleep...

Self Feed
I have read an acticle on self feed, so 2 days ago I cut a pcs of apple and let Justen try, initially is going well but then he bite and bite cont until his whole mouth full of apple I scare he will get choke and dig everything out... Any idea how should I start?
 
anissa ...

v lucky ar you!!! but then hor i dunno how true lar ... my parents & aunty forbid us to let YC pick those 4D thingy cos they say that if strike ... then we will be using up the baby's luck and will affect him in the future ... i dunno how true lar

but anyway .. good for you!!
 
Wendyg,
Dun tell u forgotten all your labour pain just barely a yr already?
lame.gif


Anissa,
Clarence is so smart! Can let me know what's the no. he pick up again?

Poko,
Maybe change to baby bites.
 
cat tail, actually i dun experience much labour pains also.. cos mine was induced labour n had epidural.. haha..

poko
u can give softer food like banana and papaya, cut into v small pieces.

ineedmilk,
i tried to get the mothercare bibs but they were out of stock for the blue colour.. if you happen to pass by the shop can check for me? thanks ah!

anissa,
clarence is giving you capital to start your home business.. haha..
 
feeding baby:
really dun understand why all the 'olden' ppl loves to anyhow feed babies stuff hor..
my mil also like dat.. want to anyhow feed my boy. and each time i just stand firm n tell her that it's not good. now, she dare not anyhow give him food already.. even those aunties asked to give, she will tell them that mummy say cant eat.. haha

cat_tail, i really forgot the feeling liao.. haha
i'm only phobia taking care of NB babies.. and waking every few hours to feed and express milk..
 
wendyg,
only 3 hours!!! i had abt 9hrs pain!!!!
sad.gif


phoebe,
agree! tt was the hard time we had!! wakin up every few hrs to feed n express!!! and the engorgement! geez...nitemare!

poko,
i told my mum to igonre him when he screams!!! sigh. then mum said tt im heartless mummie! he's only a baby! how can i be so cruel to him!! pssst....really dunno wat to say...
sad.gif


i notice my boy doesnt favor my mom alotz but my FIL. maybe bcoz my FIL alwaz carrie him n bring him to playground...
happy.gif
 
skippy
u din want epidural har? When i pain 3hr, i asked the nurse "How long more?" They said at least 6-7hr. Then i said "Pls jab me la", coz i thought if i pain like this for another 6-7hr, i would've passed out & no strength to push. Who knows, cervix did not dilate beyond 2cm, & went for C-Section instd.. *hiak*
 
re: 4D
Actually my colleague, hubby & mum told me the same thing too (that I'm using up his luck but frankly speaking, I don't believe in such thing lah. Besides, I don't have the habit of betting on 4D. Those were the only 2 times I got Clarence to pick the nos. for me and both them, I got lucky
happy.gif


re: Falling from bed
*sigh* Last night Clarence fell from the bed again. This time he landed face down. It was so loud even my hubby who normally sleeps like a log jumped up from bed. Very heart pain.
 
skippy
my labour last 18 hours and epi doesn't work very well esp on the right side so I was in a lot of pain with shivering and vomitting.. :eek:(
 
re: labour story

hmmm i had contraction for abt 1hr ... the moment i was admitted to the delivery ward i asked for epi immediately heehee till now i still think that it was a wish move for me hiak hiak

my delivery was smooth but my pregnancy was HORRIBLE!!! practically hugging and sleeping in the toilet the whole 9mths!!!
 
wendyg,
i asked for it only till the last 3hrs before he arrived! doctor said the effect doesnt really work tt much since it was nearer to the labor liao. sigh... "siao mama" shld hv asked for it when i admitted!!!! then dont need to suffer!

angel,
wah!!!! 18hrs!!? very long ler! u mean u pain for 18hrs?!?! if i were u, i think i fainted liao... oh btw, i only shivered no vomit...
happy.gif
consider "luckie?" :p
 
Skippy10
Haii, granny are pple like to mess up our plan... I am going Penang tommorrow and really need to pray hard I won't end up quarrel with my MIL... Last Visit, she try to mess up Justen routine and she say come back should RnR don't need to be so strict... But she didn't know how much thing we need to do to switch him back to normal routine 8(
 
yeah i was shivering up until the whole of next day after delivery. Kept asking for more blankets, nurses scared i overheat.
My pregnancy... now i can only remember all the stomach gas that made me burp/fart.. plus the sensitivity to smell.
 
wendyg,
wahaha...i remember tt too! hmmm....imagine when hubbie ask why u got so many farts one... :p so embarrased!!!

poko,
my mum is quite ok, so far she follow my plans. just that i think they r too "pampered" their grandson lor....*hee...i think if next time we are the granny, we will be like them too!" :p

seabreeze,
yeah, i remember u r the one vomit thru out...so poor gal....must tell YC when he grows up. at least he knows that mummie suffered so much! then he will lov mummie more! :d
 
wah, my labour only 3 hrs but i took epidural after 1.5 hours of pain. Buay tahan. :p I also didn't know my girl so fast.. like supergirl, she flew out. :p

tingting: okie - will check out the bibs for u. So if i see the blue ones, i buy for u? Which type u want?
 
anissa, mayb u wanna email chin leng & chk it out? he cld hv suspended ur a/c by mistake? wah, clarence is such a big boy liao. time really pass by v fast.
happy.gif
 
Hi vone,
I figured it's not worth the effort as it's very easy applying for a new a/c. Besides, I hardly get to come in these days
sad.gif
 
ineedmilk,

thanks! it's the type u mentioned. plastic with a pocket at the bottom. mothercare house brand. think set of 2 is about $11-13? If you're not sure can call me. I'll PM you my number.

re: epidural
i have slight shivering but after delivery n wheeled to ward, i threw up a couple of times and it was ok. the most scary part was that 1/2 hr after i went to my ward i got up to go to the toilet. wah, didn't know i'd nearly faint! on my way out of the toilet i actually felt the world spinning n gradually darkening.. first time experience fainting...
 
i din get up until Day 2 coz i had C-section. Had a pee bag, & nurses sponged me for Day 1. Then 2nd day I asked for the sponging again, the nurses say "Get up & go & bathe yourself".. end of my 'holiday'... *Hiak*
 
Aiyoo... how come u all labour so easy one. :z
I smell laughing gas for 3 hours until I give up & took the epidural. But then somehow one side of my body still feels the pain .. so I am experiencing half-side labour pain for hours.. till Edna finally want to come out.

Seabreeze,
Ya, I also remember u r the poor mummy that throws up from day 1 of preg. *pats pats
So any plan of no. 2?

Tingting,
Me too! I tot I was ok & happily jump out of my bed to the toilet after labour. Then suddenly I KO!
 
tingting, sounds so scary hor when everything suddenly darkens.. i also like that but lucky i was assisted by a nurse. u went in to the toilet all by yourself.. cool
i dare not even move down from the bed.. scared i go wobbly.. haha

cat_tail, i also took the laughing gas initially and it makes me really dizzy.. but the contraction pain overcame the gas and i was like super painful and super dizzy at the same time..
when the contraction was at its peak, i inhale so hard.. think i got some hallucination.

u also KO.. den how??
 
woah...wendyg, your granny-in-law really believes in starting young huh? gave issac beer? my hubby wanted to do that too... says train him from young. But i always glare at him when he says that. Then he will wave the beer in front of Ryan and say "Not that Daddy don't want to share. It's mummy saying no" *faint*
 
Hi mummies,

I will be getting
--> Desitin, both creamy (blue packaging) and original (white packaging) 4OZ at S$13 each ----retailing in Singapore at ard $12 each for only 2OZ

--> First Teeth Baby Toothpaste (fluoride Free and safe to swallow) with fingerbrush S$11 --- retailing in SIngapore at ard S$19

--> Gerber baby toothpase and fingerbrush (also flouride free and safe to swallow) at $11 each, not available in Singapore!


from the US in ard 2 weeks cuz my hubbie travels to US quite often and these things are cheaper there. Anyone interested can email me at [email protected], thanks! but please let me know early cuz there's a limit that he can bring in each time if not too heavy...

Can self collect at Punggol or I can send it by mail.
 
Phoebe,
Ya I KO, and then my hubby who was sitting there happily watching his HBO got a shock. He quickly dragged me back to the bed & then the nurse walked in & scolded both of us especially to my hubby. Very drama..heeehe
 



Back
Top