(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

wah wendy, still want to bring to church arh?? may consider if isaac sleeps through like zephan... haha..

not meeting dryperbaby liao.. cos only interested in disney and the rabbit ones which are already taken up. zephan will just have to make do with the ones he has before i see new ones. u wanna exchange books? not that i have a lot lah.. maybe u open ur house as a baby's library.. hehe..

sarah's mom,
i cut into half, decore and scrap. for softer fruits, e.g. pear, i'll scrap as i feed. Apple is usually harder to do so, cos it's crunchy. I think blending hastens the oxidisation process cos it introduces air into the blended fruit. scraping not that bad.

haha.. do i have a queue for babysitting services? should up my price liao..
happy.gif
 


skippy
Faith Community Baptist Church
services held in Singapore Expo

Shape Run = run organised by magazine Shape 16/7/06 Sunday
Only those in shape then can run. haha
 
aiyo.... so far away! in singapore expo!!!

hur? in shape? erm....let me see....think i still consider out of shape! :p so cant go for it!!!! [sob sob]
 
skippy10
very near loh.. coz i'm in punggol & ineedmilk in Pasir Ris =)
near to all the Motherhood Fairs & John Little/Metro Expo sales.. =)
 
ixwong, if you can, try to catch the lion king. It is an excellent musical! Go take the british eye and have an aerial view of london!

skippy10, if you are looking for a church near Bishan, what about Trinity Christian Centre, it is along Adam Road, the one with the stained glass.
 
Sarah's mom,
I will usually grate my fruits (1/2 apple, pear, peach) and feed my baby immediately before it turns brown. Or I will mash softer fruits like papaya,avocado.

Church-goer
I'm attending Cornerstone in Katong.

ixwong,
So envy you in London now... how i missed the place... i went there for my honeymoon and love it so much except for the weather... it looks so gloomy everyday... There's this Hyde Park where it's really a good place to rest and relax.... Actually, if you have the luxury of time, you should go up to Scotland... it's fantastically beautiful...
 
snoopy,
thanks for the info. dont think my FIL wanna change to others... but i will check out the triniti christian ctr u mentioned.

Re Church:
seems like quite a number of mummies attend church...
happy.gif


tingting,
im plannin for 2nd one...my mission failed for tis mth...sob sob... got the impression tt very diff to conceive for 2nd one...
sad.gif
but i will still try hard!!!! :p hee...hav been admirin those preggie ladies in the street... :p

Lib,
wat u feed Kylie hur? shez so chubby! how i wish ernest can be like Kylie...'chubby'.... so cute!
happy.gif



here r some pictures of ernest...he's now 10mths old!! 9.5kg and 76cm....time flies..... {imagine the 10mths + the 9mths preggie time....}

446099.jpg
446100.jpg
446101.jpg
 
skippy, ernest is so cute! oh, i attend Sengkang Methodist btw.
happy.gif


i would have thought that facing a baby everyday would make me less attracted to one outside, but i'm still eager to play with them! haha.. at least it shows that zephan has not killed my liking for kids! :p

hey, now that our kids are older n more aware of their surroundings, am toying with the idea of bringing him to places. Remembered that small bell n some of us went to the zoo the other time? wonder if anyone's keen to go there again? I missed out the last time, so would like to start another one on a sat.

Date (Proposed): 15 July (Sat)
Time: 10am
Venue: Singapore Zoo

ps I've not been to the zoo for ages, so dunno what is a good time/day to visit where it's not so crowded?
 
skippy10,
Your baby ernest looks so adorable and enthusiast in front of a camera... my baby is 9mth and 1 week, and he's already 9.7kg...!! Here's a pic of him... I always say that there's 2 fishballs in his mouth... :eek:P

446136.jpg
 
hosana,
ur boy very chubby too.... he looks very sexy in tis pic!!! :p

tingting,
can increase the pic size? very small....zephan looks so big boy now... how old is he?
 
hi skippy, pls advise how to enlarge the pic? i tried increasing pixels, but it ends up distorted. He's 10.5M now, born 3 Aug
happy.gif
 
Dear mummies
Thanks for the all the suggestions! Dun think I can travel outside London cos it's biz trip and schedule is quite packed. Missed the chance to go Camden last weekend cos tube was down!! At least managed to catch a Les Mis musical. No chance for lion king cos next 2 nites got biz dinner though I'm dying to watch...Me flying back on Friday.

triniti
300 pounds for 1 day meals is a lot man! U and hb must have had real good gourmet meals!! I can only afford normal meal but even that cost me avg 15 pounds a meal! so ex!
 
ixwong
they dun give u time for sight-seeing?
Mdm Tussauds Wax Museum? Big Ben? Buckingham Palace?

So fast come back liao huh.. extend trip la, then get husband to bring yor boy there. Wah!!
 
ixwong
of cos lah, he was trying to romance me the other time haha...
I think now if we go there, we will eat hot dogs by the streets heheheheh

Mdm Tussauds was fun...I showed my FIL the pics that I took a pic with all the celebrities and he was like so impressed hehehe....
 
Someone is asking about the petit maim. I saw cold storage at Bugis got sell. Maybe wana take a look?

tingting, I used Easy Tumbnail to resize the photos.

My boy recent photo at star cruise..is 10.1kg @ 10 mths old..

446556.jpg
446557.jpg
 
cmy ...

hey YC got the same train ropmers heehee ...

hows star cruise hur? did they lend u the cot FOC? can fit into the small cabin mer?

skippy ...

wow u trying for #2 liao!! Good luck & jia you k ... me still not so brave yet heehee

ixwong ...

so u be back tom liao!! can see ur bb v soon but guess u will be v tired out due to the jet lag
 
Thanks for the advice on apple feed, mummies!

I was over-confident abt bb Sarah coming down from the sofa by herself with feet landing first. She has been doing it all the time (with my close supervision). Yesterday, I was a distance away from her trying to turn on the fan. Suddenly, she stretched her hand trying to reach the floor and before I could go any closer, she DIVED to the marble floor with her head landing first, and lower body on the shag rug. I am really too careless...

Still feeling very upset and couldn't get over it... Bb Sarah seems fine after crying...but not sure if it will affect her development. Being an understanding husband as always, he did not give me a dress down. But only remarked jokingly that should Sarah perform badly academically in future, should try to be more understanding of her as it might be attributed to her fall. **hiaz** knowing that I've high expectations of her.

Mummies, please be extra careful when attending to yr bbs (do ensure yr helpers do the same)
 
sarah's mom, don't worry, zephan nose dived several times too, and he's still learning well everyday. if no vomiting, bleeding, loss of appetite, etc, nothing to worry about.

but may be good not to have too high an expectation of her academic achievements, cos may add pressure to her without you realising. i'm also trying to remind myself of that from time to time
happy.gif
 
hi sarah's mom
zac also dived onto the floor last sunday and fell backwards onto the floor two days back. He cried a bit and then stopped, he seems fine so I guess no need to worry.

hi seabreeze,
thanks for bringing the height chart to my office. how's YC? Has he fully recovered?

Baby yogurt
I still can't find the yogurt.

teething
will teething cause diarrhoea?

self feeding
hi any babies can self feed? I give Zac pieces of baby mama to feed himself but he always ended up playing with it. He plays with food and eats his toys or anything he can grab he'll put in his mouth except food. this funny boy!
happy.gif


weaning
hi can i ask how do u all stop ur breast from getting engorged in the middle of the night after bb stop his night feeds? Becos Zac's last feed is 930pm. And I'm trying to cut off the 230am feed. Which means his next feed is actually 9 hours later at 630am. My breasts will get engorged and a huge lump will develop on my left breast.
 
Tiger Food Jar
I went to Taka two days back and I saw this Tiger Food Jar. I remembered u all talking about this right.

Anyway, the promoter told me that u can even cook porridge with the jar, just put the desired amount of cleaned uncooked rice into the jar, boil some water to boiling point, pour the water into the jar of rice, close keep for an hour and viola! u have a nice bowl of porridge.

Selling at $45 for 0.7l and $59 for 0.9l seems like a good deal. I'm thinking of getting one!
 
zaczac:
re weaning
you can either:
1) go cold turkey. Let it engorged for a few days. Body will adjust itself after 3 days.
2) skip the 2.30am feed and wake up to pump @ 4am. Then slowly, after 2 days, change to 5am, then 6.30am. Then after 4-5 days, no need to pump/feed @ 2.30am liao.

Hope this helps!

re: Toys R Us
Just went suntec toys r us. Almost went mad!! So many niceeeeeee toysssssssssssssssss... *sigh* so tempted to buy the whole shop - activity table, ride-on, tricycles etc etc..
 
seabreeze,
hee....gotta do it fast lar. otherwise, im old n no more energy to... :p

cmy,
howz ur cruise trip? ur son got any seasick? hee...so malu to tell u tat my son got seasick during the trip! :|

i need milk,
did u get anythin for ur bb?
 
seabreeze,

No charges for the cot. The cot was in between the bed.

Zaczac,
I just bought bb yougurt at bugis's cold storage yesterday. You may want to take a look there?

skippy10,
My boy vomit too but don't think is seasick. Suspect due to hot weather at Redang.
 
Hi everyone!
Been occasionally reading posting from this thread since pregnancy days, but have never posted.
Met some mummies at Reenie's house in july last year - ixwong, shopaholic,lib, snoopy, and others.
My gal, Rosaline, was born on 16 aug.

re: Leap frog Leappad
Saw some mummies buying the book some months ago. Can share how you use this book with yr baby? My gal is only keen in turning the pages, and look like she'll tear the pages anytime. I bought the book thinking she'll like it as it is something different, but i'm wrong.
 
RE: Long beans/ Lentil

i have intro long beans and lentil 2 weeks back and he seems to be ok. he loves lentil!

Re: Tiger Food Jar
I got the 0.7l at S$39 the last time. have tried cooking porridge in it....quite good. but i only used white rice so not sure about brown rice. it's abit bulky to bring out. so normally i will use THERMOS which keeps warm for 4hrs. But for my Japan trip next week, i will bring the Tiger jar along to cook porridge for Cayden.

RE: #02
will only be able to start thinking about it after i get my place early next year. anyway, i want cayden to be more independent before i have #02, cos no help from MIL, and my mom is already committed to bbsit her own grandson (ie, my bro's new born) in Jul.
 
hi boise,
My gal too, more interested in the turning the page. Actually what she's interested in the most is the box
happy.gif
Also since abt 2 weeks back she started to be scare of sound coming out of the book.. Need a few mint to warm up after turning ON before she dare to touch it again...
But I still think it's a good learning toy and belive she'll love it when older
happy.gif
 
Tingting and ZacZac,
Thanks for the consolation.
Regarding the academic achievement. Well, I've been reminding myself not to be really bothered by it n just make sure that I bring up bb Sarah to be a happy person. Perhaps its due to the fact that I might not have the 2nd one as even the first one was so hard to come by. I almost went for IVF two months before expecting Sarah. Started trying for the 2nd one but to no avail. Neither will I consider IVF now that I've Sarah. In any case, will keep reminding myself to refrain from adding pressure on her in time to come.

Re: Baby Yogurt
Bought at the marketplace in Cityhall. But lately, found it at Katong Mall's cold storage too. THink its gonna be/already avail. in most cold storage branches.
 
hi sarah's mum
will go causeway pt cold storage to check out whether they sell the baby yogurt this evening. thanks!!!

i need milk,
thanks for the advice, will try cold turkey. I'm a very lazy mum, don't want to wake up at 4am to pump la too tiring!
happy.gif


aidanee,
is the porridge cooked in tiger jar really soft enough for babies? Wah! u bought it at $39 ah...lucky u!

are peas from the same family as long beans and lentils? I gave zac sweet peas 2 weeks back, he seems ok.
 
zaczac:
i think peas are ok.. cos Gerber 1st food got sweet peas.

skippy10:
didn't buy anything.... have to control myself..
happy.gif


re: leap frog pad
my girl also not interested in it.. except to try to tear the pages. I have kept it in the hope that she will use it when she's older.. in the meantime, i let her tear magazines pages.
 
ineedmilk
then she'll try to eat paper.

boise
i think it's more interesting for us adults than baby. haha
Isaac tries to eat the white handle, or flip it around & meddle with the cushion. But when i play a song on it, he'll bop with the tune.. esp the alphabet song
 
zaczac,
cayden can chew abit so i think the texture from the tiger jar should be ok. (never fed him the porridge before cos only use it for testing...hehehe) 2mr i will try again, but this time will put more water and leave it longer....the texture may be smoother...
 
Hey Aidanee do share more on your Japan trip when you are back ok? How about the vege can we "cook" in the thermo too?

Leap Frog Pad
One of his book is like "salted vege" liao. He really rough towards it.

Put Everything in his mouth
How do I help him to get ride of this bad habit?
 
coffeedrinker, has your maid finished paying her loan? If not, then tell her that she has to repay the loan before she can leave. You want to get the agent to speak with her and see what's wrong? But if she really doesn't want to stay with you, then get a new maid and send her back to the agency. But try to do this without alerting the maid, in case she decides to run away. The agent will know how to deal with her.
 
coffeedrinker
alamak, what u make her do ah.
Or she just misses home?

Poko
it's babies' way of learning, via sense of taste. I'm rather be glad that my boy is curious about his surroundings. In the meantime, just make sure he dun eat his own shit.. or any shit.. a bit of dirt & dust wun hurt him. Dirty eat, dirty grow up. Wait for him to grow up.
Extract from a website
http://www.americanbaby.com/ab/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/ab/story/data/9212.xml
Babies putting things in their mouths, otherwise known as mouthing, is not only normal, but also signals a growing interest in the world around them. In the first year, children explore their surroundings through their senses -- seeing, touching, hearing, smelling, and tasting. The more they explore, the more they learn.
While your baby is learning to master his hand movements -- reaching, grabbing, and swatting -- he's not yet so adept at using his fingers. So when a baby grasps what he desires and wants to investigate further ("Is it soft or hard? Can I eat it? Does it make a sound?"), this often means putting it in his mouth. Mouthing helps babies learn all about different shapes and textures. They also learn what feels good and tastes good, and what doesn't -- so your child will only mouth a wool blanket once.
Rest assured that when your baby picks up and licks the ball that rolled across the floor, there is little chance it will make him sick (though we wouldn't recommend doing that). Kids get sick from viruses and bacteria, not dust. So make sure he is not sharing toys with a child who is sick and can pass on germs. (Washing hands and toys frequently is also key.) That said, group play is very hands-on at this age. Children tend to bump into one another, touch one another's faces, and give kisses. So while it's smart to be cautious, parents simply can't protect their children from everything -- germs included.
 


Mummies
I'll be back only on Sat Singapore time (can't wait). Despite the high cost, I still bought quite a few boxes of organic biscuit and some peter rabbits' pasta and pasta sauce for haowen. Intend to cook up a storm for him when I'm back....hiak hiak!

Aidanee
sorry, din reply your sms. My techno XT's weight is ok. Heard the 2006 model is 1 kg lighter and have a full canopy. Prefer XT cos it's more spacious than quest and can let bb lies flat.
 

Back
Top