(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

Hi phoebe,

For the baby yoghurt like petit miam, i just feed baby some, the rest i eat haha its very yummy :eek:) dun think should keep yoghurt in the fridge for too long, especially 'opened' ones...
 


phoebe
i scooped half out, the rest went back into the fridge to be consumed next day. Isaac ok.. no tummy ache =)
Coz no one in my family likes to eat yoghurt. If throw away v waste ley...

ai, i can be considered very lax when it comes to nutritious food la, coz i feed overnight porridge, use microwave to heat up, blend canned peaches etc. So far Isaac is still getting heavier, learning new things, alert & active etc.. So thank God lah. I dun lose sleep over how i feed my boy.
 
Warning to Punggol mommies (actually mommies everywhere):

When you use the multilevel carparks, please be really mindful about anyone sneaking up on you. I'm sorry if this post makes anyone paranoid but I think it is better to be safe than sorry.

I arrived at our carpark alone about an hour ago. When I was reverse parking, through my side mirror, I thought I noticed someone squatting really low against the wall next to where my car was parked. I could see this person slowly sneaking closer and closer to the left back-side of the car. I quickly locked the car doors. At that point, my engine was still running so I moved the car out of the lot and to the middle of the car park. It seems this person, still moving low, followed behind my car.

Whilst this was happening, I phoned my hubby, who was still on the way home in a cab, to tell him I thought I was being followed. I just stayed in that position for about one minute. I think the guy gave up and ran away (towards direction of my lift). After catching my breath for about 2 minutes (I panicked), I finally decided to get out of my car.

All this while, there was a van about 7 cars away that was parked, engine off and windows rolled up, with a man sitting in it. Because of reflection, you almost did not know someone was in that van. He asked me if I knew that person following behind my car. He said he thought we were "playing" until I almost rolled over him when I turned out of the lot. He was kind and asked if I was ok to walk home alone. Of course I said I was ok (scarly he is an accomplice!!!)

This is just great! I know I will have trouble sleeping soundly tonight. I have called the police but I doubt they will be able to do much.
 
i'm a mummy, forgot to answer your question.. hehe
will be driving back, dun mind bying for u.

wendyg, funny hor.. the kids size so small and babies so big.. it should be the other way round mah.. i tried the petite miam leh.. not nice loh, a bit tasteless.. hehe
i prefer horizons but it's almost 2 1/2 times more ex $$ than petite miam
 
passing guest, that's so scary! was ur car park dimly lit? i usually park at the 1st floor, so human and vehicle traffic volume higher. oh no, hb's gonna go overseas trip in a few weeks' time.. think i'd rather do illegal park at open space if cannot find a suitable slot. come to think of it, multi-storey car parks are quite scary at night.

vone, thanks ya.. i've never fed bottled food before.. hehe.. thinking of becoming more lazy..

phoebe, i saw the signage for organic veg at eunos, but dunno whether it's just an old signage cos never seem to be open. Do u know what are the opening hours? stuff there good?
 
PG
coz u young & pretty ma...
the fella crouching behind was either waiting to pounce on u or to pretend that u hit him & demand compensation. Then the fella in the van would jump out & side with the 1st guy as eyewitness.
These tricksters target women drivers coz they think we'll get kancheong & give in to their demands. Likely they'll ask for some $$ to settle, then make their way home. Read about these scams in New Paper often enuf.

So, 3 cheers to PG for keeping alert & cool!!

And thanks for sounding the alarm.. they may come to my carpark next.

Hey, did u note the license plate number of the van? Or which make it was? If i spot it in my carpark, i'll puncture the tyres or smthg. hahaha
 
calling mummies around sengkang/punggol:

anyone interested in getting stuff from Kidzloft? I want to buy their waterproof bibs (to start zephan on self feeding), and also one swim diaper, but not enough to get free delivery. If we can pool purchases, we can leverage on the free delivery and easy for us to meet up for collection. Here's the website: http://www.kidzloft.com/index.html

Or if anyone knows of cheaper places to get them, do let me know too! thanks!
happy.gif
 
tingting:
why don't u buy the waterproof bibs from mothercare? 2 for $12.90. Plus, its those tie-a-knot type instead of velcro so that Zephan can't tear off the bib on his own. I used to like the velcro type but now with Eliz getting smarter, she tears it off before i start feeding so i'm using the non-velcro ones. Good too cos its cheaper.
 
wendyg
I think the guy in the van is probably innocent. He was driving a Rentokil van which I see quite often at my block.

ting2
I usually park at 3rd floor as it has direct access to my unit. Anyway just be more careful when your hubby is not around. You have Wendy's and my numbers. We will go over with baseball bats anytime you activate :p
 
PG,
it sound terrible! i better tell my hubby abt it.... hey, u gotta be more alert when reach home late, ya....if is me, i think i will be very KLKB.... u r the idol!!!
 
passing guest, gosh, tt sounds scary. u better take care k.

ting, u r welcome.
happy.gif
ya, i can understd. cooking everyday is nt easy, esp in small portions.
 
PG
You know what, I think you should keep a baseball bat around in your car just in case. My brother nearly got robbed by knife point last week!!He was sending his gf home and waiting for his bus at the bus-stop when that happened!Luckily my brother is bigger than him and I think he got scared and my brother just ran!They caught a suspect and my brother is going to the police station to see if that is the culprit. Singapore is not as safe as before I think...so scary
 
re: yoghurt,
Any mummie can share what's the adv of giving yoghurt to bb?

Seems not easy to find time to give bb that cos she's already having meal abt 3-4hr
And in between still got to take nap (or go out). Also got to feed her water and fruit... in the end seems no 'time slot' to give her more stuff leh... Not to mention that her solid feeding duration is 20-30min. Even for milk feed, sometime also need to pause for 30min and coax her to drink again, dragging the whole time to 45min!

May I shld only give her goodies like yoghurt when her meal time is more stable (since can't mix yoghurt in porridge or milk hehe...)?
 
ineedmilk,

i have the white cloth tie-back bibs. u referring to those? but they're without sleeves, and if he self feeds, will prob drops pieces onto his lap. the bibs have got a pocket at the bottom to catch the bits. not sure how useful that is though.

Passing guest, thanks! i'll try to be home by 8pm though.. the first time my hb went on overseas trip, my dad had me call him once i reach home. once i forgot cos busy getting zephan to sleep, n saw many missed calls on my hp :p

vone, actually i only do the cooking on weekends.. hehe.. just that the cooking time restricts our outing time. even if we want to leave straight after his lunch, will have to cook his dinner to bring out first. now trying to find more healthy alternatives.
 
wendy - wah you got parang-dor ah. You are more scary than the mugger!

cakey - Usually we have 2 fruit feed a day. For us, the yoghurt replaces one fruit feed. You can try that.
 
cakey
I feed Anton yogurt with fruits for his breakfast after his 180ml of milk feed. Usually it is half cup of yogurt with fruits.
 
ting, u r more hardworking than me. if we r gg out during d wkends, we jus feed him milk or cereals or watever we r eating. hehe...
 
vone:
u got maid rite... ask yr maid to cook daryl's meals lor.. so can bring out to eat.
happy.gif


tingting:
mothercare has those plastic tie-back bibs with a pocket. If u want to "open" the pocket, just flip the pocket the other side.. then if the food drops on his lap, it will drop into the "pocket". Cheap alternative. I think the sleeves one very expensive though.

wendyg:
got alot of pple selling that FP Stride and Ride thing meh? *sigh* no one wants to sell to me..
 
re:baby yoghurt- petit miam
can mummies advise where I can get it? Someone said northpt coldstorage but its out of stock
 
i need milk, ya i hv. bt i find tt it's veri troublesome 2 bring porridge out. coz we r normally out d whole day. so even if i bring porridge out, it'll b cold by d time my boy wans 2 eat it. so my boy hv 2 make do. hehe...
 
jkids,

i bought from thomson and serangoon gardens ntuc before

passing guest,
Wah lau, totally scary! if its me, think i will freak out..prob drive out of the carpark immediately or press the car horn continuously or try to run the guy down..
 
i'm a mummy
run the guy down?? haha, dat's funny.

ineedmilk
when i see threads i'll email to u ok.

vone
out whole day means shopping centre, walk walk issit? Coz even if i'm out of my home for whole day, i'll be at my IL's place or granny's place. I will still bring his porridge, heat up then serve. Alternatively, there are some mummies who swear by their Tiger food jar, keeps porridge fresh & warm from lunch until dinner..
angel had one for sale - wonder if she found buyer yet.
 
wendy, warm from lunch till dinner dunnid tiger.. pigeon bottle insulator holder will do! hehe.. but heard that tiger can cook porridge. must pour hot boiling water to the rice n cover it for a few hours. i dun mind buying that if i'm going on a trip
 
pg, dat sounds scary.. i might be blur blur and might not notice.
thank god you're alert... *thumbs up*

tingting, it open till 7pm but sometimes they 'eat snake' a bit and close early. selection not much but their vege quite fresh loh..
 
Phoebe:
but isn't the tiger flask too big to lug around? Find it bulky. My mom bought me 1 but i just keep it in the cupboard. Never use..
 
i need milk, it's quite bulky loh but no choice..
i need to travel with my boy and he's on EBM, gotto have hot water to warm up his milk loh...
 
wendy, yes, u r rite.
happy.gif
i dun like 2 stay at hm n face my fil. so we usually hv plans during d wkends. if i m at my mum's plc, then it's okie, coz she'll cook porridge 4 my boy. if nt, then he jus hv 2 make do wif milk or cereals.
 
Hi mummies,

Anyone bought the smallsmallworld bumper mat or Leapfrog touchpad before? Any feedback on the above two items? There's bulk purchase going on and tempted to buy so need some feedback first before going on my BP spreeee.... :eek:)

Tiger flask and food jar
I'm a faithful user of the above 2. Used the tiger flask when my bb was on EBM and now using the food jar to contain my porridge. It's bulky but serve the purpose well.. that's why when we go out, we always carry a big harversack....

wendyg,
Was it you who recommended me to take earth's best oatmeal cereal and to change Similac milk powder as my baby was constipated? I did both (changed from Similac to Friso) and his condition has improved... been pooing everyday however still like playdough hard.... but at least he's pooing everyday now....thanks alot for your advice!!

tingting,
I am using such 'pocketed' bibs for his meals and it's great to 'catch' those falling food... bought it from departmental store think 3 for $10+ over. As for the swim diaper, my bb swims wearing a normal swimming trunk... so always keeping my fingers crossed that he will not do his business then....

i need milk
I saw from another thread that FP stride and ride not very worth the money... that's another one by Tomy which serves the same purpose and feedback is better than FP. It's selling at $79 in Isetan (UP$140) thought of getting one too but hb not sure whether it is suitable for bb who staill hasn't learnt how to stand or walk yet... scared that bb may injure himself if the machine move too fast...

wow... long time didn't login and now, i'm so long winded.... :eek:)
 
hi hosanna, long time nvr c ur posts liao.
happy.gif
i bought both items. my feedback, d bumper mat is gd if u buy d playyard aso 2 contain ur boy in. as 4 d leappad, my boy's attention span is pretty short nw, so i dun really use it. bt it's gd while he's paying attention.
happy.gif
 
Hi tingting,
The brand of the bib is iplay. Quite plain patterned design not those cute cute ones...yap it's waterproof so easy to wipe it off...

How big is the bumpermat, about single size mattress? I thought the mat would be a good play area for him and so to practise crawling cos he don't seem to have much opportunity to crawl. Don't like to crawl on bed and I scared that he would hurt himself if crawl on floor.... However, my hb's concern is does it justify that $100+ dollars just to get a mat....? Any good justification for me to defend my purchase..
proud.gif
)

All mummies,
Do you have a routine for your babies to learn things intentionally? I find that I'm quite shortchanging my boy in terms of learning... always leave him with his toys, carry walk walk shop shop... sometimes, read read sing sing show flashcards as and when I feel like it... thought of having a routine so that I can train my maid to do some 'intentional teaching' cos no time to do so during weekdays and I don't want him to just while his time away everyday cos from now till about 3 years old, it is their most peak period to learn... can share share???
 
Hi phoebe, hosanna,

re-tiger flask

Is there a model number for this? or got picture to share? how much does it cost? so we can use it to cook porridge? ie. put rice and hot water, cover and it will cook into porridge after some time?

Will there be a fishy smell if i put fish in it? cause the previous two food flask i bought, retains the fishy smell from my daughter's porridge..no matter how many times i wash, soak in tea etc, the smell is still there...
 
May i ask,
I'm starting to feed my bb long beans, not sure if it's advisable. I chopped it very finely and i freeze it. Is this the proper way?
Or do i cook it first, then chop it, then freeze it?
For leafy veges as well, do i cook it before i blend and freeze it? Or, do i blend and freeze it while it's raw?
 
Hi Tingting,
I think you can get those bibs at the Metro in Compasspoint, it's at the baby's section where they sell all the Pigeon stuff. I got a few for my baby, it's waterproof, can wipe/wash & dry very easily. They have a variety, some are very big, can cover all the way to their lap when they sit down, also have those that they can wear like a little vest.
 
eileenp
U should cook ur vege, blend, then freeze. Long beans are under the legumes and pulses family so it is better to introduce it after he is one years old. I might be wrong..but it is best to avoid it..but if ur baby has been eating it and has no allergy..I guess it is fine
happy.gif
It is ur baby can chew, you can just blend slightly after cooking it till it is very soft so it is not in puree form but in mashed form
 
OMG! Really? Ok, think i better stop giving him long beans.
Cause i saw in the weaning leaflet to introduce beans. So i thought it's long beans. Oops. Silly mummy here.
 
hosanna
it's not me.. i think ixwong. She's one of the few Friso users here.

eileenp, triniti
my food chart says legumes after 9m. I gave Isaac peas @ 10m & he's ok. Whee! another item on his menuuuu. I love peas too.. yum.
Next up: long beans.

i tried blending green leafy veg, but it was a disaster, so now i just chop & throw in slow cooker with the porridge. Comes out soft enuf for isaac. No problems with choking or anything. =)
 
ting2
i placed order with querida liaoz.
Btw, maybe dun need bibs with sleeves.. just let Zeph wear sleeveless tops, or go topless.. haha.
 
re: bb yogurt

there is a promo going on at carrefour ... now the bb yogurt (both 4 pack for bb and 6 min-pack for kids) are going for $3.80

me on leave till Wed!! prep to go for JB now hahahaha
 
Wendy, u ordered fr querida for the bodysuits right? i saw.. hehe.. but too bad i've got to curb myself already... aiyah, bought expensive from babycentre already...

re: bibs
not looking at the sleeves ones, cos i think will be pretty warm for him, but looking at those that cover the shoulders. am thinking of going to compasspoint tonight after zephan sleeps. u wanna come along?
happy.gif
metro closes at 9pm right?
 


Back
Top