(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

cmy
hahaha, dat's a catchy advert, & your boy so funny laughing alone. Laugh with him also la! We whistle the tune to isaac too.
 


Anton loves Sesame street and can even watch througout the show...He also likes the tiny love MagIQ dvd...When I repeat the songs in Sesame street, he will laugh...but I only let him watch the programmes once a week..dun want him to be a TV addict
 
re: TV
sometime my gal will laugh when watching news cos. she thot the news reporter is talking to her hehe...

tingting,
dd is also very interested to explore the tv now. Will crawl to touch the screen and press those buttons.
 
wendyg:
i don't pump in office liao. Feel happy about it...i just pump every 12 hrs. Couldn't care less about milk supply. Eliz also does not latch on at night to sleep for 4 days now.. i guess its a good thing. I did try to latch her on to sleep cos its convenient but everytime i put my boobs in her mouth, she deliberates for a while before proceeding to clamp her 6-8 teeth on me. So oh well, no more latch for her at nights!

zaczac:
Elizabeth only started crawling forward recently.. around 9.5 mths old. So no worries on the crawling thing for zac. As to how i made her crawl forward? I just kicked her butt! Literally. Cos she only know to crawl backwards but didn't know how to move fwd.. so i just kick her butt to push her forward a few times.. then suddenly she started to move fwd.
 
vone,
east coast mummies are going to gather for the 1st time either tomorrow, or next week for tea. Can you make it? You might want to check out Joy747's thread under mummies staying in east coast/telok kurau.
 
ineedmilk, i'm also hoping to cut off pumping in office. quite leh chay and output pathetic. i'm doing it mainly to sustain the supply for weekends, when i latch him on.


passing guest, no prob, u can come over during weekdays at night too if u're free.
 
Hi Sharon,

bought a BN one from 1 of the mummies in the forum at $32..its playskool ride and walk thingy...at the moment, he is still figuring out how to really crawl...he can only move forward a bit and backwards...will sit back when unstable.. very cautious bb cos he afraid of falling..hehehe...
kao_smile.gif


Hi zacazc,

finally u can get some beauty sleep liao...jia you...hopefully he will be able to sleep through soon...mine also cannnot really crawl..tried to attract him with toys...no use also...guess just let them take their time to progress lor...
kao_wink.gif
 
wendy,
Zac will cry a bit b4 sleeping when I put him down on his bed then he just flip here n there, I hide somewhere and watched him and then he'll jus knock out and sleep liao but b4 falling asleep he'll make some yee yee yeh yeh noise.

mayb I shd ignore his cries at 230am and see whether he sleeps thru tonight.

tingting
yah I'll be glad if zac can sleep from 9pm to 6am. I'll know tonight! haha ;)

ixwong,
thanks I will go to Northpoint this weekend to buy some yogurt, yummy!

i need milk,
so good no need to pump in office liao. I'm still pumping 3x leh...becos of the milk clot i had 2 weeks ago, very painful. Now I realise if I don't pump for >6h I will develop a hard lump 2/3 size of my left breast so still gotta continue...dunno how to stop leh but the output I get is oso very pathetic.

ok I will go kick Zac's butt this weekend...hahaha
happy.gif


re: watching tv
Zac oso loves the mopiko ad, he likes the Holland V song. When the show starts and the song plays, he'll watch the tv intently and when the song finishes, he turns away. He oso loves watching the weather forcasts section of News.
 
tingting:
yeah, pumping in office is super duper leh chay. Plus, nowadays i gotta pump in the toilet cos all the empty office rooms are occupied. Seems like Zephan still likes latching on? Eliz does not want to latch on in the afternoon and night now. She only does it when she wakes up in the morning. Guess she's self-weaning.
 
ineedmilk,

my office is undergoing renovation and they're changing all meeting rooms to those with glass panels! when that time comes, i'll have to go to the toilet too.. sob sob. in a way it's good that eliz is self-weaning.. yah, zephan still likes to latch on. sometimes when he doesn't want to feed in the afternoons he'll suckle a bit, give a v charming smile, and tries to crawl away.
happy.gif
but on bad days he'll give a wail instead.
sad.gif


zaczac, it's hard to ignore baby's cries, but when zephan does it in the middle of the night, this sleepy mummy will just listen out on her bed for a while and see if it's persistent. if it's intermittent type, then will just go back to sleep.. haha.. i always tell myself, "if zephan wants me to go in, he'll cry one more time." That "one more time" always drags... :p
 
zaczac:
i was like you.. if don't pump >6 hrs, will get clogged ducts. Painful. So I just slowly stretched my hrs every week - every wk, increase by 1 hr, first every 4 hrs, then 5, 6 etc. I took 2 mths to do this and now i don't need to pump in office liao. If i stretch my hrs too suddenly, will get clogged ducts. Try it. See if that helps to reduce yr pumping times in office (that is assuming u want to reduce yr supply).
 
hi aidanee,
My gal is also using the pamers all night and I find it good leh. except that the sticker tab is abit hard and poky at the corners.

hi ineedmilk,
Me too has problem buying the pampers all night and now only left a few pieces. But this time i suppose I need to get XL. Any mummies stay at north gg to Malaysia can topang? hehe..
I went to Jusco last mth but couldn't find it.
 
Small bell
seem to work, but haowen still dun know how to show me the signs leh. I just sign whenever I remember loh. he will always stare at my hands intensely whenever I gesture. Hopefully it means he's learning...

zaczac
if you want to cut down pumping, dun drain all the milk when pumping (e.g. if can pump 120ml, stop when hit 100ml and progressively step down). Your body will slowly adjust to the lesser demand.
 
ixwong,
Are thoes signs difficult for their hands? i just use those traditional signs (din have any vcd). bb can sign simple ones.. Eg. when she's scare (pa4 pa4) she'll tap her heart. When telephone ring she'll put her palm at the ears. The only formal sign she learnt is fan.
Want to teach her more useful ones like milk, sleep, more, what but not successful yet...
 
ineedmilk, saw that u're looking for a walker? think i saw a similar one at yahoo auction site recently, may want to check it out.
happy.gif
 
emmie
he just loves sesame street...
happy.gif
I dun treat him like a baby ...more like a toddler now. Sometimes when he is standing, he can even squat and sit down and even when he falls, he will know fall to his side so his head will fall to his arms...so now I let him crawl around...not following him everywhere...lazy mommy

ixwong
Anton dun like baby signing times..he watches for like 2 mins and stop and play with his own toys...I sold the set for 80bucks
 
ixwong, ya, my boy is d same. when he knocks his head against something, he'll 1st look around 2 c whether we noticed or nt. if yes, then he'll start 2 bawl. if nt, he'll carry on as if nothing had happened.

triniti, my boy is nt veri interested in d sesame street program unless they r singing. yes, he loves d magiq. he'll ignore us when he's watching it. mmm... u oni let anton watch once a wk ah? tink i let him watch tv everyday so tt i can occupied him.

cakey, yes, mine loves d news aso, esp d opening, ending & d weather forecast. on d contrary, mine is more interested in d remote control. he's nw learning hw 2 operate it. *faint*

i need milk, u r so cute. u really kicked eliz'a butt. hehe...

sarah's mom, tks 4 d tot. dun tink i can make it coz i m veri swamped wif wk nw. will try 2 make it 4 d nxt 1.
happy.gif
 
ineedmilk
i think i got a walker in my storeroom, but it's passed to me from my cousin & i think it's a bit scruffy. U wanna take a look? U can hv it.. isaac doesn't use. But if u prefer swanky new one then i dun hv laaaa
 
cakey
I have not seen haowen sign properly to me yet. He's still at the "staring hard n trying to figure out what u are doing" stage
happy.gif


Vone
haowen oso like remote control, not to operate but straight to the mouth!
 
gals,

read tis out. tis is funnie!

Little Bobby came into the kitchen where his mother was making dinner. His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time to tell his mother what he wanted.

"Mom, I want a bike for my birthday."

Little Bobby was a bit of a troublemaker. He had gotten into trouble at school and at home. Bobby's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a bike for his birthday.

Little Bobby, of course, thought he did. Bobby's mother wanted Bobby to reflect on his behavior over the last year.

"Go to your room, Bobby, and think about how you have behaved this year. Then write a letter to God and tell him why you deserve a bike for your birthday."

Little Bobby stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to write God a letter.

Letter 1
Dear God,
I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.
Your friend,
Bobby

Bobby knew that this wasn't true. He had not been a very good boy this year, so he tore up the letter and started over.

Letter 2
Dear God,
This is your friend Bobby. I have been a good boy this year and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you.
Your friend Bobby

Bobby knew that this wasn't true either. So, he tore up the letter and started again.

Letter 3
Dear God,
I have been an "OK "boy this year. I still would really like a bike for my birthday.
Bobby

Bobby knew he could not send this letter to God either. So, Bobby wrote a fourth letter.

Letter 4
God,
I know I haven't been a good boy this year. I am very sorry. I will be a good boy if you just send me a bike for my birthday.
Please!
Thank you,
Bobby

Bobby knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get him a bike.

Now, Bobby was very upset. He went downstairs and told his mom that he wanted to go to church. Bobby's mother thought her plan had worked, as Bobby looked very sad.

"Just be home in time for dinner," Bobby's mother told him.

Bobby walked down the street to the church on the corner. Little Bobby went into the church and up to the altar. He looked around to see if anyone was there. Bobby bent down and picked up a statue of the Mary. He slipped the statue under his shirt and ran out of the church, down the street, into the house, and up to his room. He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper and a pen. Bobby began to write his letter to God.

Letter 5
God,
I'VE KIDNAPPED YOUR MAMA. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE! !!!!!!!!
 
triniti
good that at least you can rely on sesame street as a backup for distracting him. I wanna be a lazy mummy and not following everywhere too! but when i attempt to do that, he's either climbing up the tv console or putting things into his mouth.

I noticed Ryan's into eating paper these days. the other day he just ate up a sticker that was pasted on the outside of his cot. Then he puked out all his milk. Looked so sad after that. Then this morning, he was chewing his board book. The book look so gross now. Wish I can stop giving him his pacifier but given his penchant for putting things into his mouth, the pacifier is still a safer item.
 
emmie
yeah i also caught isaac eating paper.. it was a pamphlet.. he was ok after that.. no tummy ache or anything. haha.
 
Vone
hehe all the sesame streets dvds are all songs and music based ! That is why he loves it hehe...
Yeah I used to let him watch everyday when he was younger but I was reading some articles that if u let ur child watches too much tv...the neural pathways will be changed since TV are delivered through flashes...and in later years of his life might have ADHD!!So now I only restrict him to 45 mins a week.

Emmie
Anton will also attempt to climb and he alrady know how to crawl up the whole flight of stairs very fast so I have to watch him on that one. However, I make sure the rest of the house is safe, esp the the sockets and plugs. He will plug out the 2pin plug and eat, take out anything in the socket and eat.Yes he also eat stickers!But before he does that, I will stop him. He also love remote controls and phones but I will let him nibble on that since it is not that 'dangerous'. He will also eat anything shiny or sparkly so my earring my rings, my cellphone, belt must be kept out of reach.Now he will always crawl to me when he wants to be carried and show me the sympathetic face. Before he do something wrong, like pull the wires, he will look at me first aned see how I react and I said ,"Anton, you don't remember what mommy has said to you, since you don't understand English, do you want me to speak to you in Tamil..? " Then he will crawl away to other things...

hehe I dun think at this age, they will appreciate books..prolly u can try again when he is 12 mths
happy.gif
 
triniti, anton is so cute! naughty but cute! zephan also loves to climb, coffee tables, stairs, grilles, gates.. u name it! but often he doesn't know how to get down, and he'll cry for help when he want to come down. funny thing is, he knows how to come down from my house's sofa, but not at my parents' place!

re: books
zephan eats books too, but he does flip them to look at the pictures as well. so i usually give him cloth n bath books, and board books only under supervision.
 
tingting
Maybe the sofa at ur parent's place is slightly higher than the one in your house. I think all baby at this age is ultra cute...I really cannot imagine when he starts to walk!!Argh and that will likely happen in a few months time...

Anton wun do anything he is not confident of though, like even from falling, he will make sure he wun get hurt before he falls..Like now he can cruise, I will try to entice him to cruise using toys but he so smart, if the object is too far , he will crawl to the object instead of cruising there cos he is much faster in crawling.He crawls like an iguana man, so fast!
 
re: eating paper..
There was once I give my gg a wedding card to keep her occupied and after sometime I found that her mouth and area around is blackish! The ink from the printed card actually came off when she ate the paper! Must at least make sure the paper ink is syliviaproof hehe..
 
triniti
same here! ryan will also go for the 2-pin plugs. So much for being baby proof huh?

re : feeding duration
how long do u take to feed your babies porridge? Ryan can take up to 1 hour before he finish his porridge for lunch. And he must be sitting on the dining table to have his lunch. With cereal, it's at most 15 mins and he will obediently sit in his chair.
 
Cakey
Oh wanna ask you if you can collect the mwave over next week? cos we buying the new one this weekend
happy.gif


Emmie
Actually it is easier when they are not walking..

re:feeding duration
Anton dun eat cereals or porridge but his average duration for eating meals in general is 10mins. His carbo is mainly rice cakes and pastas. However for each meal, he only eats one cube of pasta and the rest is meat and fish will make up 4 cubes ( 30ml each cube) so in one meal setting he will eat at least 150ml of food and 180 ml for dinner
 
triniti
u speak Tamil? Can teach Isaac? heh..

Emmie
isaac takes max 20min to finish porridge/ cereal. Any longer he'll get bored & make a mess, eg stick his hands into his mouth, eat very very slowly, hv to coax him to open mouth etc. So initial part when he's hungry, we'll feed fast & furious, big mouthfuls.
 
re: feeding
zephan's ok with cereals, but for lunch n dinner, he'll just turn away after the 1st spoonful (i'm not THAT bad a cook ok!) unless he's really hungry, and needs distraction to open his mouth. like my dog doing her silly antics, me singing, talking, people walking in the garden, etc.. feeding time is about 20-30 min, incl fruit as dessert.
 
hi trinity,
No problem to collect next week. thanks! btw. may I take a look at the rice cake during collection if convenient? I'm still quite curious abt it
happy.gif
 
tingting
$80 & abv free delivery. unless ordering lotsa veggies, or their beauty pdts, i dun think we can hit $80. I dowan to order too much veggies at 1 go..
 
their veggies quite ex hor.. first time experiencing the price of organic foods. Dun think i can even hit $40 if we were to combine. unless buying the cereals and rice stuff. quite keen to buy some of the rice cakes that triniti is feeding anton.. do u know if there's an organic shop at parkway?

wanna ask something. when we feed jar food, do we need to cook the base, i.e. porridge and mix the jar food into it? or just the jar food alone?
 
their veggies quite ex hor.. first time experiencing the price of organic foods. Dun think i can even hit $40 if we were to combine. unless buying the cereals and rice stuff. quite keen to buy some of the rice cakes that triniti is feeding anton.. do u know if there's an organic shop at parkway?

wanna ask something. when we feed jar food, do we need to cook the base, i.e. porridge and mix the jar food into it? or just the jar food alone? do we heat the jar food?
 
i dun heat up the jar food. i will add hot water to mix the cereal before adding the jar food which comes straight from the fridge. :p
 
emmie
it's all so mushy, no hard foods. Can la
of course we make sure he swallows b4 giving him next mouthful.
we want him to finish food quickly.. not like some of our young cousins who take 2hr to finish a meal, bring their food in front of TV, walk around the whole house etc.
Mealtimes v strict one...
 

tingting, there's a organic shop at eunos mrt station...

wanna ask something... for those baby yoghurt, the size of it is too big for one time consumption. how many days we can keep the balance in the fridge?
 

Back
Top