(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

ixwong,
Forgot to ask you are you giving HW any teething gel? Do you apply for him before bed? Cos I heard that's bad for the teeth as most are sweet.
 


I'm a mummy,

re: CIO

I took Wendyg's advice and tried CIO as follows:

- Have some sleeping routine every night so that bb know its bedtime. I latch my girl on and sing her a lullaby. When she's sleepy, I will put her on the cot. Think we shouldn't put them to bed when they're extremely energetic cos they will jump around on the cot!
- When she knows I'm putting her on the cot, previously, she will open her eyes wide and starts screaming/crying. Then I will tell her "its bedtime, time to sleep". Then i will walk out of the room and close the door.
- In 5 mins, I will walk into the room again (if she's crying), to just pat her and tell her its time to sleep. I do not carry her up at all. Then walk out again.
- Do this same routine every 10mins, 20mins, 40mins.

Nowadays she's well trained. When i transfer her on the cot, she will open her eyes wide but will not cry. Instead she will toss and turn in her cot n will sleep in a few minutes on her own. So CIO does work! Its just that u gotta be patient cos it can take 1-2 weeks b4 baby gets used to sleeping on their own.

Seabreeze:
I was too tired so I made my hb take care of Elizabeth when she woke up so many times at night.. In the end, he carried her on the sling n slept with her.. I told her @ 5am last night that this special treatment (of carrying her to sleep) is only becos she's sick.. told her not to expect such special treatmt when she gets well! :p
 
Hi Sarah's mom, i need mulk, wendyg,

So do you have to place baby in sleeping position after letting baby CIO? or baby will just get fedup/tired and lie down and sleep? judging from yesterday, my girl went on and on for half an hour without sitting down at all! only when i place her in sleeping position then she went to sleep. i think if i left her alone, she would have gone on standing there and crying/screaming until 1-2 hours!
 
as in, you put bb in sleeping position, then he or she climbs around, stand up etc, do you still place bb into sleeping position again or leave bb alone?

my girl has the same schedule every night...bath at 8pm, drink milk at 815pm...go to bed at 830pm, i dim the lights and switch on soft music, same thing every night..in the past, she will toss and turn and normally fall asleep by 845-9pm..but these past few days, so difficult! she want to play play play, crawl crawl climb around in her cot! and the worst thing is, we have to look at her. ie. if i look at the tv and not her, she will start to cry/wail...dunno why suddenly like that..maybe teething soon, cause she still bogay hehe
 
Aiyo, cakey, u oso got a tough night yesterday.... I did apply teething gel for haowen in the middle of the night. I know it's no good for his teeth but no choice leh cos the gel will dull the pain enough for him to fall asleep....hopefully damage not that great cos I dun apply everyday, only when he's in pain.

I'm a Mummy
Tink your dd is having separation anxiety. Read that they'll start experiencing this around this age. My ds is also now super clingy to me. He will play fine with hb and my mum, but the moment he sees me, he will cry out for me to carry. Jialat!
 
i'm a mummy
isaac wants to be carried to sleep. He will be sleepy when i set him in the cot, so he doesn't try to stand up. at most he'll sit up & wail. When i chk on him, i'll make him lie down & say shhh shhh, go to sleep. Then i'll leave the room. So i dunno if he'll sit up again or what. At the end, he'll just collapse in a heap & fall asleep after abt 15min crying. Nowadays i dun even want to chk on him 5/10mins... i just leave him alone in the room. Coz like what Sarah's Mom says, he'll wail even louder when i leave the room. I can't stand to be in the same room as him when he's CIO. Either i'll develop a headache from the stress or i'll pick him up. So i'll just busy myself in the kitchen, or use the computer.

cakey
waking 10times?!?! Wow u must be super panda liaoz... u win la!

sarah's mom
Vone is a SAHM wannabe... hee
 
hi mommies,
i have a question which I hope you can share. my girl is coming 9 mos now and recently i notice she likes to shake her head from left to right i suspect she learnt it from the maid but the maid denied. the denial made me worried. can i check if your kids do this left right head shaking? it isn't vigorous and when i repeat the movement after her, she sort of smile at me... i think shes does it a few times each evening.
 
hi amz, babies at this age are really good at imitating. whatever she's doing now, must have copied from someone, tv, or something else. my boy always does a hand sign that looks like "no more".. couldn't really figure out where he learnt it from but today then realised that my mum had been doing that to him..

hi mummies,
today zephan's fever hit an average of 40deg, which was quite scary. my regular PD was not open today, so went to another one which was super crowded. had to wait for 4 hrs! asked to jump queue, but was told that most of the patients in queue also had high fever so can't jump queue. in the end found out that doc came in late cos he had an emergency case in the morning, so there was a backlog. but at least he gave a more power medicine that brought zephan's fever down quickly, and before he slept for the night he was more of his normal self. still gotta monitor tonight though.

found out that one quick way of guessing whether ur kid has got fever is to feel the neck. if got fever, it should be hot/warm; if normal, it's cool or a bit damp (if no air con). so that u need not fumble to read the thermometer in the middle of the night. of course, if u're deciding whether to administer medicine then should take more accurate measurement.

hi vone, didn't have the chance to reply to ur msg. thanks a lot anyway!

this fever episode taught me that i should store all clinics' numbers and addresses in my hp!
 
eileenp
I am sure u can also have a variety of food for kai
happy.gif
Just make more and freeze the vegetables for future use
happy.gif


AMZ
Hehe my baby does that too like he is dancing from left to right but he learnt it from me cos everytime I sing to him..I will dance and sing for him...nothing to worry about
happy.gif


re:fever
I think the pnemococcal vaccine helps in reducing the incidence of fever cos Anton did not catch the fever virus from my maid though she actually had fever, cough and running nose. He just caught the cough and running nose and still very active like normal and he recovered after 1 week after medication. I hope all the babies who are sick can get well asap...Please take care mummies
happy.gif
 
Amz,
i also have the same problem. My boy just shake head for no reason. So i did not stop him but just keep saying "no" when he does it. Hopefully he will associate that for not wanting something.

tingting,
is zephan better now?
 
hi all
i m new here in this forum. is this the place for mums with bbs in aug05 to get together to chat? may i join in?

i wonder if i can give my 9mths+ old boy salmon at this age?
 
tingting:
40 degrees?? wow, that's v high even for an adult. Hope he's alright now.

I'm a Mummy:
If she's crying out loud, I will reposition my girl on her cot to sleeping position every time i walk in to check on her after 5/10/20 mins. But she doesn't try to crawl or stand up. All she will do is to twist and flip back and forth..
 
almcaleb:
Yes, salmon is fine although I heard that those salmon from NTUC are artificially coloured... so not so good.
 
i need milk
orh...... i din know salmon from NTUC are artificially coloured... where shld i get salmon then? is cold storage fine?....

btw wat's CIO? sorry i am a first time mum so i really do not know much abt child raising
 
almcaleb
Salmon is definitely fine for a 9 mth old baby but try to get wild caught salmon instead of the reared ones. However there are like 5-8 times more expensive but they have much much lower content of mercury ( which is toxic). I buy those wild caught salmon in the organic stores.
 
hi Amz

I had the same problem too... first time my boy did that, i thought he might be having a fit. then i noticed he was grinning very widely when doing it. :p

re : porridge
can porridge that's cooked for lunch be eaten at dinner? my boy now takes porridge for lunch which i will eat as well. Then cereal for dinner. Very tough to cook such small portions. So wondering if i cook more at lunch using slow cooker, can it be kept for dinner? If so, do i switch the slow cooker off? Cos if keep it on, the porridge will dry up. me quite telok at cooking as you can tell.

re : potty
time to go shopping for a potty then. wendyg, so your boy will poo at the same time each day?
 
hi emmie,
I let my girl eat the porridge over 2 meals if she shows that shes likes it during the first feed. I transfer the leftover from slow cooker to those portable food jar (tiger brand) then off the cooker. When I open it after 3hrs it still moist, smells and taste good like fresh.
 
hi triniti
thks for sharing, i din know there's a difference in salmon. any organic store to recommend? besides organic store any other more common places can i find wild caught salmon?
 
almcaleb
Yeah even for tuna, it is also best to buy from the organic stores as they have the highest content of mercury compared to all other fishes. Wild caught salmon are not widely available in commecial grocery stores as they are extremely expensive. I only feed it to my son, I don't even have the heart to eat it myself.One big piece costs about 38 dollars and it last about a mth.
 
triniti
wah so ex arh??.... any organic store to recommend?

wat other food can i give my 9mths old har?.. i feel so sian for him.. everytime eat veg & fish (cod & threadfin only)... i duno if can give meat liao & also how to prepare the meat... any advise?
 
U can give him lamb, chicken, pork and beef
happy.gif
just cook it and then dry mill it then u can store the rest in the freezer if you are cooking in the big batch. Scoop the required amt each time u want to cook for your baby.
It is a misconception that frozen food is not fresh. In fact it is much more nurtritious than fresh food if the fresh food is not stored properly and used within the first few days when it is bought.
You can try Supernature in Orchard Boulevard. The salmon now is freshly frozen as Salmon in Alaska is in season.The number to call is 67354338. Above 150 dollars is free delivery..you can order other meats, vege and fruits there
happy.gif
 
hi ladies,
thanks for sharing. I feel better now knowing that vern is not the only one that does this.

hi triniti,
can you explain what is 'dry mill'? and thanks for the contact at supernature!
 
emmie
he'll poo after his first milk feed, so that'll be anytime between 6.45am to 7.15am. I just sit him on the potty after i've burped him. Normally v fast, he'll poo in 5mins. Ystrday took longer - 30min.
Today he woke late (8.30am) and i didn't hv the chance to do that. His daddy has no patience to wait 30min on the potty for him to poo, so i guess today will be DDD - Dirty Diaper Day.
 
Amz
It is a feature in the blender that allows you to dry mill your meat...which allows your meat to be in like semi-powder form so it is easy to store and use for your baby's food. Sure, I also hope more mummies can buy organic food for their babies
happy.gif
 
hi wendy,
Yr ds can sit at the potty for 30min? that's very good.. My dd refuse to sit on it.

re:waking up
Ya I regret not putting her in the sarong earlier.. din do that cos I thot I can tahan.. But forgot bb's not getting quality sleep.. MIL is asking how come everytime she ret to her house is cranky for 1 or 2 days, seems like not enuff sleep during weekend.
 
wendyg
Yeah I also know expensive, so now I stop buying toys for Anton and concentrate all my funds into organic food...but I will stop when he is one cos I will let him try adult food by then. 3 more months to go
happy.gif
But all in all, organic tastes better and Anton seldoms rejects his food..
happy.gif
 
wendyg

your boy very amazing leh. Can sit on the potty for that long. think my son will clamouring to examine the potty instead of poo-ing.

triniti, i suppose you don't season the meat right? but won't lamb have a smell?
 
well, it's not that the whole 30min he was straining to poo... he was looking around, beating the potty, a few times nearly grabbed my hand to stand up, but i kept encouraging him to dabian dabian, nggg nggg nggg..
so in the end he only ngggg once and it all came out. I still kept him on the potty in case got anymore, but he cried a bit, so i figured bo liao. Once he stood up he turned back to see his poo... i think he was rather proud that he made such a pretty pile. I know I was =))
 
Emmie
Nope I don't..I bought my lamb mince from the organic store as well and not much smell actually and my baby likes it too..
happy.gif
I let my baby eat the original taste of the food...
happy.gif
Organic food is naturally tastier and sweetier...so no seasonsings required
 
Triniti, you sound like a real expert in bb food. Many times I try to buy salmon and cod fish frm the organic stores but the prices really fluctuate up and dwn, like stock mkt. Then my hubby said those frm supermkt are good enough. And I worried that once my gal get used to all the high quality food, next tm she will have a 'high class' taste bud. Then poor mummmy will hve no $ for shopping liao :p
 
Kathy
Hehe don't worry, that is why I will let him eat adult food once he is one...so he will be able to eat all kinds of food. The reason why I want to let my son eat organic food cos I don't want to feed him with all the toxins in non-organic food. Imagine the pesticides and fertilisers on our vegetables and fruits, antibiotics that is injected into the poultry as well as the high mercury levels in most fishes ....God knows what else is being injected inside..arghh..
I just want him to have the good stuff while he is still growing very rapidly at a very young age...and I will still give him organic food as long as I can afford it but with a mixture of adult food
 
hi triniti,
envy you able to provide the best for anton
happy.gif
Its quite difficult to do so for weekend mum like me. After spending all the effort to source and buy good food, as well as effort to cook for her, maybe bb will only get to eat a little of it. If put the rest in the fridge then she got to eat the same thing for all her weekends hehe.. And maybe no longer so fresh liao..
Maybe you can consider opening an infant care centre and we put our bb at yr centre hahha..
 
hiya, just to report that zephan seems a bit better, with a combination of paracetamol and the more potent bifen. at least his temp doesn't fluctuate so much, and he's beginning to perspire sometimes. still gotta monitor closely. my hb thinks i'm paranoid to take his temp every 30min, but considering his temp changes so quickly, i dowan it to have a chance to escalate. but he's pretty clingy to me these days.
 
cakey
I am a SAHM so I gotta do my best at home or else my hubby will not sponser me all the things I spend on anton hehe. If I ever open an infant care, I think it will be more than 1k a mth for the mummies haha

tingting
It is right of you to check every 30mins cos fever at such a young age can be detrimental for the baby. I pray that his fever will subside..I wonder what causes the epidemic of the fever
 
hi tingting,

glad to hear that Zephan's getting better.


Mummies, let me share some pictures of our recent holiday in NZ north island. This is part 1 of the pictures.

434782.jpg

This is me sleeping like a baby. Hey! I am a baby!

434783.jpg

This is me taking care of daddy.

434784.jpg

Mummy, must we go to the aquarium?? *yawn*

434785.jpg

It's a sunny but cold day. But I am warmly snuggled with mummy.

434786.jpg

Let me introduce the lunch specials.

434787.jpg

This is me feeling satisfied after my tim sum feast! Yummy!

434788.jpg

I am a model posing at the Auckland Skytower. Ain't I cute?

434789.jpg

This is mummy and me in front of the civic theatre in Auckland.

434790.jpg

I'm all ready to be fed! Where's the food?

434791.jpg

Let me check out the bed first!

434792.jpg

Mummy and I posing in front of Lake Rotorua.

434793.jpg

The helicopter was so loud! I didn't like it!

434794.jpg

Mummy, I'm glad to be back on solid ground!
 
Part 2 of the pictures!

434838.jpg

I am riding in a gondola! This is so cool & quieter!!

434839.jpg

Read my face on the gondola versus the helicopter ride!

434840.jpg

I have the world at my feet!

434841.jpg

Mummy, there is steam coming out from the ground?

434842.jpg

Maori mummy??

434843.jpg

We're going on a cruise!

434844.jpg

I think mummy's enjoying the cruise more than me.

434845.jpg

Sheep alert! But do I care??

434846.jpg

I wonder which sheep was skinned??

434847.jpg

Daddy, mummy and me at the Huka Falls.

434848.jpg

I have a new doll, I have a new doll.

434849.jpg

Bees, bees everywhere! But not a drop of honey for me!

434850.jpg

Let me check out where we should be going tomorrow.
 
Hi I'm a Mummy,

Make sure baby's room temperature is cool and comfortable. The rest is to each babies' and mums'tolerance level. I would only check on her if I am not comfortable with her cry. But my tolerance level is pretty high. Sarah's longest cry last for approximately 20-30mins?

Hi Wendyg,
I am a SAHWorkingMum. Am missing working life...

Hi Tingting,
You've been a strong mama. Wish for Zephan's speedy recovery.
 
Last part of the pictures.

434878.jpg

I'm going exploring too!

434879.jpg

Cottage living, anyone?

434880.jpg

(Sung to the tune of brown girl in the rain)
Wind mills on the hill, tra la la la la
There are wind mills on the hill, tra la la la la la la

434881.jpg

Waitress! Can I please place my order?

434882.jpg

I have a lot of catching up to do!

434883.jpg

Mummy, I can read!

434884.jpg

This is the way we take our bath, we take our bath, we take our bath. This is the way we take our bath, so early in the morning.

434885.jpg

This is the friendly parrot that pecked mummy's finger!

434886.jpg

Plane, plane, don't go away!

434887.jpg

Let me check if this seat belt is sturdy!

434888.jpg

Relaxing on the way home.
 
wendyg,

Yep, I am back and finally downloaded the pics from the camera! Think Nicole had a great time, but this mummy was very stressed looking after her, hb, and the inlaws and outlaws!
 
wendyg,

I bot a pram, but found tt if you go for the tourist attractions, most of the time, the pram is not really handy and gets in the way instead! Thank God, I went armed with my ergo carrier! Or i can't imagine what would happen to my back.

Hb & I went with 1 big luggage. Nicole went with 1 medium luggage and 2 cabin size bags, her car seat, her carrier & her pram too!

Thanks ixwong, she is a cheery baby and she took the flying really well.
 
hi snoopy,
Nicole really knows how to look at the camera and smile hor.. Btw. how many think clothings you brought along? She seems to wear lotsa different ones
happy.gif


tingting,
Hope Zephan's recovering well and soon.. Take care of yrself..
 
cakey,

I bought a blue, red, pink & white stripes & white sweater for her - 4 sweaters. The pink sweater she is wearing is bought in NZ. I decided to bring a few more sweaters for her, so that if she dirties them, she has a few more to go around.
 


hi snoopy
neber spoke with u before.... but your bb is so cute & cheerful..... she actually seems to know how to pose for pictures hor?.. it's so difficult to take pics for my son. =(

wendgy
thks for enlightening me on the term CIO... but can u pls teach me how to train my son go to sleep on his own.... he is coming 10mths & still needs to be carried, pat, sung & fed every night & day (during nap time) in order to sleep.... there was once when i just put him in bed after feeding... he cried & cried for abt half an hr & end up vomitting all his milk.. so i bo bian loh, go back to the same old routine.. even till now =(... any one can advice how i shld go abt training him & yet not "frighten" him

triniti
wah, u bery wei da leh .... willing to spend so much on your bb's organic food & may even sacrifice your shopping!! . ..=p...... i guess alot of mummies are also very wei da & willing to sacrifice for our previous bbs hor?........ btw isn't salmon very tough after cooking?.... think i will try to give him some meat after reading you.... currently i m only giving organic veg..... for fruits & fish i give the non organic... is it advisable to give everything organic?

tingting
how's zephan now? recovered liao? think all parents hate to see their little ones ill hor? wah heart pain mann =(
 

Back
Top