(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs


hi adel

my hubby actually shave our golden botak now (except tail), cos e amt of fur is really too much. even now, i still can spot fur on my boy's body.

ting ting, when did yr boy become fussy over BF? what sort of fuss he created?
 
cookies,

he can be suckling well, then sudddenly start crying n pull away, then tries to suck again... i sort of narrowed it to uncomfortable positioning (thou i've tried various positions w him already).. my fren also said could be that he's tired n hungry, so being fustrated.. but dunno what's the real reason...

i need milk, thanks! how did u find her? is she expensive?
 
Wow, it's has been such a long time since I last chat with u ladies. Hv been very busy looking after my boy cos he demands milk on a 2 hrly basis...

Hi Pochacco,

I used Petpet when my baby is a newborn & I find the size ok for him.. it's abt the same size as pampers newborn.

This morning just brought my boy to take 6 in 1 jab at Fernvale GP(Sengkang) & they charge $98 per jab.

I also hv a maltese at home & he has been sleeping with us in the room all the time & i do not bear to chase him out now...but i worry it will cause my boy to develop allergies...
 
hi cmy,
Thanks for the PD info. It's really useful to know one that's nearby.
Have called up the PD abt the jab package. But finally decide to jab at my downstair GP as the cost difference is quite significant. The Hep B jap at 1st mth cost me $20 and consultation is free. The sub 5-in-1 jab will be $75/jab.
 
hi ting ting,
my boy happen 2 be like yours whole of today, suckling well for 5 mins, then pull away, refuse to suck, after coaxing for awhile, suck for a few min n pull away.. i spend almost n hour jus 2 feed him for only 15 mins. i'm also wondering how to resolve the problem.

any1 can advise?
 
hi cookies, does he cry/sound fustrated?

hi everafter_03, no worries abt allergies. u can read up more on the internet. they say the reverse is true, i.e. the younger they get exposed to the source, the less likely they will develop allergy to it..
 
tingting:
Doris charged us $60 for the LC session. Think we took abt 1.5 hours. I felt very comfortable with her especially since she also had a premature bb before.. so she can understand how i feel. My hb colleague also went to Doris and she claims that Doris is the best LC in Singapore.

cookies/tingting:
By the way, i also have the fussing problem where bb suck for a few mins, screams, pulls herself off my breast and cries. Doris told me that when that happens, to switch breast. Apparently, bb pulls off the breast cos letdown not fast enuf. So switch sides and wait for the other breast to 'refill'.
 
cmy,
So coincidence! My son's PD is also Dr Ooi. Are you staying nearby? cos I am and distance was the main reason for choosing Dr Ooi.

Cakey,
you not opting for 6-in-1 jab for your bb? Can help find out how much your GP charge for 6-in-1?
My PD 6-in-1 jab is $110 per jab and that exclude $30 consultation. A bit ex and I'm checking out the prices of other clinic.
 
pinkroses
I also gave in to sarong for my boy. Must say life is much easier after we bought the sarong cos my boy want to be carried all the time and now we can swing him to sleep. i also worried abt him not able to sleep on his own but read that we shd only sleep train bb after 6 mths.

any mummies sleep training their bb already?
 
Hi Ixwong,
What kind of sarong did you buy? My baby girl is ok half the time, but the other half, she fusses and wants to be carried. I try not to carry her often, partially because of my bad back, and also because i don't want her to become like my niece, who has to be carried all the time or she will scream her head off. When she fusses, i try to get her to sleep herself or put her in the bouncer. but if really no choice, then carry her for a while. But sometimes she just doesn't want to sleep..contemplating getting a sarong, but scared baby too reliant on it.My nephew has been sleeping on a sarong since birth.Now at 2 years old, still want to sleep sarong. No sarong cannot sleep properly.sigh...

Re:- firming cream
any mummies here using firming/slimming cream? everytime i look in the mirror, i grimace. all that untoned skin sigh..any good creams to recommend? i foresee no time to go to the gym for the time being liao
 
cookies, mine started around week 5.

i need milk: letdown is not a problem for me cos my flow is pretty fast. and being too fast doesn't bother my boy cos he'll just let the excess milk flow out of his mouth. spoke to the LC from MAH, and she said another reason cld be due to wind in stomach, so will try putting oil on his tummy n see whether it works.
 
Hi I'm a mummy
I bought my sarong from kiddy palace. Normal one that can be pushed around the house. I let my boi nap in sarong during the day. When he's deep asleep, I will carry him out of sarong and let him sleep in his cot. At night, he will sleep in his cot.

mummies,
how do we know if our milk ss is established? I can now pump about 120-150ml of BM per 4-hr. If I skip a session (e.g. at night), I can pump up to 240ml the next round. Does this mean my milk ss had established? can we still increase the qty? I'm now supplementing 2-3 feeds w FM cos my boy drinks a lot.
 
Hi ixwong, distance also is the main reason for us to choose Dr Oii.

re:sarong

yup. We used sarong as well. Found that sarong really make our life easier. I let him sleep in the sarong even night time. Previously, he was ok but now he refused. But i will let him sleep on the bed after midnight feed. Nowaday, my bb can strenched to longer hour at night time. He only woke up once. He can sleep from 10/11pm till 4am/5am. But he will wake up around 7/8am for the next feed. Maybe he felt more comfortable and secure in sarong? Hoping that he can maintain like that.
 
Hi ixwong/ I'm a mummy,
I have not bought any sarong for my bb yet. Very tempted to buy sarong for a few times, but whenever i see her sleeping soundly at night without rocking, i changed my mind again. I am also very scared that she will be too reliant on the sarong.

Since I am on partial BF, I just let her have her full feed of FM in the morning and at night when i want her to sleep longer. In between these feeds, I just BF. I am still trying out to see if this routine works without compromising her health cos' my milk is pretty low.

Anyway, I am thinking of finding this book called 'Healthy Sleep, Happy Baby' by Dr Weissbluth to see how to sleep train my bb. Another book recomended by other mommies in another link is called "The Happiest Baby in the block' by Harvey Karp.
 
Hi Worshippertemple,

Yes, it is the one at blk 405C. They charge $98 for the 6 in 1 jab & $2 for the medicine in case baby gets fever.

R u staying at Fernvale too? If yes, u can consider gg there cos it is far more convenient than gg to SK polyclinic & the waiting time is also shorter!
 
Hi all,

I was down with flu yesterday and left my baby at my parents' place so can have some time to login, look see, look see
happy.gif
So used to having baby next to me feeling a little funny not seeing him. Anyway, going to pick him up later cos he is going for his jab tomorrow!

Here are some pics of my little boy, Clarence to share
happy.gif


318729.jpg


318730.jpg


318731.jpg
318732.jpg
 
Hi Wendy,

Many said he looks like daddy. Gosh, can't believe I actually miss that brat! Hahaha ... Going to my parents' place to pick him up now.
 
lol anissa.... calling ur son brat? lol.. u so noti.. kekek surely u will miss him, cos he is ur son, and having been inside u for 10 mths and 1 mth confinement leh.. kekkekee.... must some CHARM he has tt let u misses him too.
happy.gif
 
temple:
for latex teats, need to change once its sticky.. that's like within a month. for silicon teats, heard can last 3 months. also, cannot put latex teats in the steam steriliser. I put mine in and colour changed fr brown to white white.. like melted.
 
hi mommies

do you give your bb some ginseng water thingy to drink before the 1st jab? My mommy wants to give Megan that to prevent fever brought on by her jab.

please advise. If I don't allow it and my Megan gets a fever, I'll be blamed for her fever
 
angel
nope my boy din drink anything special b4 his jab. and no fever either.

ineedmilk
die ah, i put nuk teat to steam many times...
 
Hi Angel,
My mum also asking if can drink ginseng water..not sure leh..anyone can advise?

Re:- Burping/Merlion effect

Mummies does your baby still 'regurgitate' out milk even after you burp your baby? We burp our girl and she gives out real loud burps, almost like her daddy's belch haha but even though we burp her, when we put her down in her cot maybe like 30-45mins later after burping, she still regurgitates out some milk. Usually when she stretches or 'geks' her hands and legs. any advice? i've resorted to putting a face towel on each side of her cheek to catch the milk when she lies down, so it doesn't stain her clothes. If not, i've to change her top everytime after a feed..sigh..
 
Hi I'm a mummy,
My gal also face the problem of regurgitate milk... now her cot, clothes, my bed, got lotsa milk stain cos not in time to clean them and also some time miss it. I think it's becos she sucks too fast... Cos it's so even if we give her small amt of milk or a few mint of BF. At first I thot she's too full. My hubby is thinking of finding a slower flow teat but not sure which one to get. The one we're using is already for newborn from pigeon.
 
re: burping effect

yeah, my girl also regurgitate her milk even after i have burped her. so now i let her sit up for 5-10 mins before i put her down to sleep.. can't bear to see my milk go to waste..
happy.gif


cakey:
the peristalic teat from pigeon is slower than the newborn S size teat from pigeon. U can try that.. but must use avent bottle for that teat cos it's wide necked. Don't use NUK teat cos the flow very very fast even tho they say its small hole.
 
re teats:
eh, how come mine turn white around the rim when i steam it?? and then very fast, it becomes very sticky.. hmm.. nevermind, i gave up on NUK latex teats anyway.. the flow is too fast... my breasts cannot keep up with that standard..
 
hi all,
hope everyone is well..Just wondering..how long do your babies stay awake for? My boy stayed awake for 6 hrs in a stretch and just refused to sleep. Still awake every 2 hrs though. Are ur bablies like that too?

Also...are u all planning to celebrate bb's 1st month? any good caterers to recommend?

thanks
happy.gif
 
NUK teat initial flow is fast, then it slows to little drops. Maybe coz it mimics flow of breast milk - let down is also fast flow.
 
No wonder I have problem latching on recently... my one month old gal is on the fast flow Avent teats. The 0 month and 1month+ teats are all too slow for her.

Tried the newborn, cross-cut and Y teat from pigeon but all not suitable for her as she fuss during drinking.
 
Cat_tail,

I remember you posted the Childhood Vaccine Package from your GP. The package is quite attractive. Which GP are you using? Location?
 
Re:-beansprout pillow

any mummies here bought a bean sprout pillow for your baby? is it effective in preventing your baby from being 'startled' easily? thinking of getting one...aat first, thought put normal heavy small pillow on baby might do the trick, but like no effect leh...just wondering if the dou ya ke pillow really works or not...
 
hi I'm a mummy!

my gal still get startled even with the bean sprout pillow on her tummy. Maybe it is because I don't swaddle her with both hands tucked in.

Now, I put her to sleep on her tummy when I am around to keep an eye on her as she sleeps better in this position.
 
Hi, how's everyone doing here? Long time no log in liao.

Hi angel, my gal also sleeps on her tummy at nite. Daytime my mil's maid will put her to slp either in sarong or on bed but facing up.

Re: regurgitate milk
It's v. normal for them to do so.
 
Hi ClarisseMummy,

I really can't decide whether he is a brat or an angel. *LOL* When he is away, I actually miss him but the moment I take him home and he starts to cry non-stop, I wish I had just left him at my parents' house. But he is my son I love him nonetheless ... These days my hubby complains that I no longer call him 'darling' cos I've switched to calling the baby 'darling'! Hahaha ...
 
everafter_03: yap... i'm staying at fernvale.... but i already sent my boy to jab at Dr Ong's clinic @ TMC (5th Floor)... if i know it earlier.... i will bring my boy to the clinic @ fernvale... thanks anyway....

i need milk: thanks for the info.....
 
Hi Worshippertemple,

So how much u pay for the jab? Did u take up any package? My pd's pkg is $400 for e 6 in 1 & I find it too costly. If u didn't take up package, u can still go to Fernvale GP to take e 2nd jab. Jus bring ur baby's health booklet along.
 
Good morn all Mummies & I feel so refreshed.
happy.gif


Went to my mum's hse for a short stay cos hubby is outstationed. Thank god tat she's helping me to take care of my notti fellow in the daytime so I am not alone. Now my mum kicked me back home despite hubby is not around cos she's going travelling. Dun noe when is my turn to travel too.
sad.gif


Hi ixwong,
The clinic is called "NorthEast Medical Centre" & there are a few locations:

1) 5 Sengkang Square #01-05 Tel: 68755911
2) Blk 39 Jalan Tiga #01-01 Tel: 62413298
3) Blk 531 Bedok North Street 3 #01-692 Tel: 64412402

In the end I took the 5-in-1 jabs cos very scare bb may develop fever after taking the 6-in-1.

Re: Sarong
Hmm... I also give up & use sarong lately after much encouragement from my mum. After tat, life is so much better.
 
Hi Cat-tail,

Will baby have a fever after taking 6in1? i thought no fever for both 5n1 and 6n1? actually what's the main difference/ in terms of pricing not much also. Although 6in1 more expensive, but 5n1 must pay more for more consultation visits. So in the end, i think cost about the same?
 
Hi mummytobe,

It all depends on individual baby. My boy develop slight fever after the jab even though the doc said very few babies get fever. The diff. bet 5 & 6 in 1 jab is tat 2nd jab of hepB is included in e 6 in 1 whereas u hv to take hepB separately if u go for 5 in 1.

Mummies, pls rem to standby cooling sheet so in case baby develop fever, it can be affix to the forehead. It is very effective cos after I placed it on my boy, his body temp decreases.
 
hi mummies, need yr inputs ...

did u shave yr baby during e 1st mth?

and any1 use their baby hair to make brush and do up the umbilical cord crystal/stamp? any recommendations?
 
Hi mummy to be,

The 6-in-1 jab is relatively quite new in the market, so my Dr actually advises me to take the 5-in-1.

In fact both 5-in-1 & 6-in-1 jabs may cause fever cos the key element that causes it is "DPT". However, according to the research, there are some improvement on 5-in-1 jabs so the chances for fever is low. There is another factor that I take into consideration is that if you notice that the 6-in-1 jabs is taken when the bb is 1.5 mths rather than 3 mths. So if less than 3 mths old bb develops fever, u will have to admit her to the hospital straight away.

Of cos if u take the 6-in-1, it means less jabs & not so stressful to the bb.
 
Hi all,

Wanna know how a baby who is under stress looks like? Check this out!

319673.jpg

Sigh... I eat n sleep, sleep n eat, eat n sleep everyday. What else is there for me to do?


So you see, even a baby can feel stress! Hahaha ...
 


everafter_03: total of 3 jabs and per jab is $157.50 inclusive of consulation and GST... anyway... do not need to worry about the cost because able to claim from my husband's company...
 

Back
Top