(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

happy new year to Everyone!!!

248488.gif

hello gals,
happy.gif
Just like to share with you that I just recv my AFP(triple test) results and my ultrasound fetal survey. All are well for the BB. *Phew* this is a good new year news to start with. Hope everyone will have a good new year ahead and a healthy BB too!

hi gals
Happy Chinese New Year!

All is well for me too, passed the tests too.
happy.gif

i'll going for the usual scan next week, hopefully, the technician tell me the gender of the baby!

hi all,
Been reading this tread and the Apr/May/Jun2005MTB for the whole day liao but still can't finish reading..hoho...

Hope u guyz dun mind me joining in!! Im now 21wk liao and my EDD is mid june n expecting a baby boy!!

anns,
i agree with u, vaginal ultrasound is indeed e most 'paisay' one. me & hubby went to visit my gyne on the 5th week after LMP but he could nt c e feotus so he use e vaginal ultrasound. so embarassing men!! As for my triple test, e report stated my BB have increase risk in neutral tube defect.. Had the detail scan last week at TMC, they wil send e report to my gyne. hope every thing is ok...

Hi Tankuku

welcome, i am in my 23 week ...your EDD is pretty close to mine. My is due on 10 June also expecting a boy.

Saw you in the other thread for Apr/May/Jun 2005 thread.

Hi gals,
Happy Valentines' Day! How are u gals gg to clebrate ur day huh?! Expecting any surprises from hubby??

anns/Jane,
Glad to hear that all is well for u both!

adora,
I have been expecting ur sms/call lei.

Here's the info on TMC antenatal programme:
Fees: $160 (delivering at other hospital)
Duration: 2 hours each lesson
Lesson 1 - Physical & Mental Preparation
Lesson 2 - Pain Relief
Lesson 3 - Labour
Lesson 4 - Practical Hands-on Baby Care
Lesson 5 - Feeding
Lesson 6 - Doctor's Talk

I will be attending the course at TMC since it seems to provide a more comprehensive antenatal care programme compared to GEH. I have booked under Mrs BB Wong's session. Starting 16 March, every Wed from 7pm-9pm.

Any of u also interested?? If so, we can attend the classes together??

as at 14 Feb 2005
<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>03/06/2005</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>milly</TD><TD>03/06/2005</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/2005</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babyjun</TD><TD>18/06/2005</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/2005</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dreamydove</TD><TD>22/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>26/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>27/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>USA-HOAG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erlisa</TD><TD>08/07/2005</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane</TD><TD>06/07/2005</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi serrich

Sorry, just saw your msg....TMC lessons covered more areas....at least they have infant care...but it is too far for me. Haven decide which one to attend yet.

I am going GEH for check up later....hope everything is fine.

<font color="ff0000">HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL!!!</font>

Hi ladies,
Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's day!

I have decided that i will not be going for antenatal classes although this is my first bb.

I spoke to my friends who attended the TMC and Mt E ones and both find the classes quite useless. Anyway, i suppose these are personal opinions.

I went for my detailed scan just before the CNY and still cannot confirm bb gender but more likely to be a girl.

I also saw my friend with her 1month old bb and both mummy and daddy look so tired from lack of sleep! i think we have to be mentally prepared!

hi all
Happy Valentines' Day!
bounce.gif

Me not intending to go for classes too, trying to save some money
lame.gif

Basically, all is well, just always getting thirsty... probably the weather.

morning gals,

cherry,
def tiring to look after baby. we really hv to be mentally and physically prepared. Better sleep as much as we can now before bb arrives. Don't think will ever have the chance to sleep in late anymore....

Try talking to your baby before ur next scan. tell baby to be guai guai. sometimes it works. hee hee ...

Jane,
u also not gg for classes ? I don't feel like gg also ... feel lazy. But thot it will be gd to go esp for hubby. Hvn't even booked yet.

dunno,
do u know the gender of your baby already ?

gals,
hv u been doing any tai jiao ? I'm already 5 mths and read that baby will be able to hear me now. But till now, i hvn't read to her or listen those baby music much
lame.gif
wonder if it's really useful .....

Good Morning Gals!

Just went for my check up yesterday, bb now weighs approx 670g. Gynae used the 3D scan yesterday but wasn't able to see bb's face because his hands were covering his face.
sad.gif

Just want to check with you gals, so far how does your bb position in your tummy? My bb's leg is always stretch out, like bending to touch his head. Normally, what I saw on books, bb's legs is always bending on knees.
uhoh.gif

Shane
Regarding tai jiao, I am also planning to start. Maybe will start reading bedtime stories to him ....now I am making hubby sing lullaby to bb everynight
lol.gif

shane, i tried talking, bribing and even threatening but guess she got a mind of her own. Only good thing was she behave very well during the detailed scan hence only took 20 mins. My friend's bb was so naughty and took the whole day to just do a detailed scan!

Just a quick reminder, for those of you who intend to get a confinement lady better act fast as i heard they may already be fully book for June.

cherry
wow, a whole day! i probably can't get up after the scan if it is so!

adora
Looks like you have a shy BB boy! must be cute seeing the hands covering the face. I'm not sure about my bb's position, by feel, it seems to be lying laternal from right to left instead of the usual top to bottom. will be sure on Thursday after the scan.
talker.gif

Shane
Yap, not going for classes, i agree it is good if hubby can join. but my hubby very busy... not easy to 'book' his time
crazy.gif

As for 'tai jiao', hubby made me sing 'ABC' song these nights... and i'm making him doing the same... really wonder bb can learn by hearing us 'sing'. i heard playing certain classical music helps, anyone started trying on that?

Jane, not lying down the whole time lah. Becos bb not in good position, she had to get up, go out for a walk and came back to the scanning room again. this was repeated several times.

i occassionally will play some music to bb. this morning when i played the music, felt bb moved alot. so good to try.

adora,
as per my last visit, my gynae said my baby was in breech position. Not sure if it's upright or lying across. But we're still early in our pregnancy so baby will move abt alot, don't worry.

cherry,
hee hee so cute ur baby. got character huh. nvm, hopefully u can confirm the gender on our next visit.

re tai jiao,
u all very hardworking... i hvn't started. she mostly listen to radio cos that's wat we listen to in the car :p hee hee... hvn't tried reading to her or singing yet. But hubby did talk to her sometimes and sometimes there will be some movement. Not sure if she responding to her daddy tho' hee hee ...

Do u gals feel lots of movements these days ? I've been feeling them. Hubby also managed to feel them as well. Sometimes can be quite strong like a hard kick or as if she turned ard in my tummy, sometimes it's just a fluttering blubbly kind of movement. sometimes i wish i can see thru' my stomach to see what she is doing hee hee.. as i type now she is also moving hee hee ..

yap, me too felt a lot of movements. Dunno whether hubby felt them when he touch my tummy. But he always make fun of the baby doing exercises or praticing chinese matial arts inside whenever i felt major ones with him.

Hi JuneTen,

Where will u be delivered at? Me may go Mt.A but seems like nobody in this tread choose Mt.A...

Hi jane,
I may not take up any class too.. thinking of doing confinement myself but hubby dun agree with me...u know lah.. it cost a bomb hiring a CL..Regarding playing certain music, I bought Mozart's classical music for my BB, heard that it helps BB's brain developement.hee..

Last night my BB didn't move a lot. Usually when i lie down on bed for a while i can feel some 5-6 times hard kicks but last night i just felt one mild one. made me worried for whole night.. lucky he start kicking this morning...

HI tankuku,

I'm going to Mt A to deliver! Went for a hospital visit and found the place nice and cozy.

I've also been feeling baby's movements! They're getting more and more pronounced and my hubby is able to feel her kicks when he place his hand over my tummy where baby is kicking/moving! It's amazing and i think the feeling of baby moving helps our man to bond with the baby!

Hi everyone,

I'm back after soooo long... how are you guys feeling? I'm in 19+ weeks now and I have not yet felt any baby movements. I do feel like poking sensation on my right occasionally but most pple say it's bubbly sensation. So what exactly should the baby movements feel like then?

Lisa

lisa,
the poking sensation could be ur baby movement. diff pple feel it differently. over time it should become more obvious to you.

btw, have u decided to deliver at ESH ? and u gg to attend the classes ? I hvn't sign up for mine. feel lazy :p

Shane,

Yeah, delivering in ESH. I oso haven't start finding out more on the antenatal classes. I think i should do it soon, since I'm already on the 5th month. Gosh! how time flies so fast!!!

It's only like this week I feel that my stomach is more obvious, more pregnant than bloated... heh... my waistline have increased abt 5 inches in all.. and I haven't started finding maternity clothes.. surviving on my skirts and dresses...

Lisa,
great, so we got coy. actually i been to the hospital once for the detailed scan. it's really a small hospital. I walked ard to look at their rooms as well. looks quite ok. also saw their nursery, pretty big.

there's 6 session for the classes and it cost abt $140 i think if u're delivering there. There's a class on monday, 8pm. Can rem wat time starting. Will need to go back and check. I took the brochure for the classes. have yet to book tho'.

My tummy pretty obvious liow. have been wearing maternity since abt 2 weeks back. U still can fit into ur own clothes ?! tt's gd. But try to shop ard for some so that u can wear them when u need to. It's not too gd to wear tight fitting clothes now.
happy.gif

lisa
woah, better start shopping.
i haven't increased by 5 inches like yours, but i left only 3 skirts and the dresses to wear... fortunately had bought some maternity clothes for the chinese new year, else, i'm really running out of ideas what to wear!

shekinah
yah, it's good to make hubbies to bond with the baby someway or other... last night, i made hubby to look for the heartbeat (which shouldn't be very difficult as last time), and guessed what, he felt the baby kicked him at his face for the first time,
rofl.gif
haha, what a way to self-introduce.

Shane,

how's the detailed scan? What do they do? How much is it? Tell me the details leh. Can u see the baby on the screen or not ah?

Supposed to go this week but it's all fully booked. So i've got to wait till 1st week of March to do my scanning?

When u plan to go for the classes?

I can still wear my skirts coz they are either elastic or drawstring ones... pants.. well, can't fit at all.. dresses still can coz they're the flowy ones .... the last time i wore pants was like a month ago... how i miss wearing pants... but i seriously need new bottoms.. coz i dun think i can survive that long with what i have left in my wardrobe..hehe

Jane,
my hubby also felt the kick with his face. It's hard for him to feel with his hands. But when he put his face to my tummy, he can feel the kicks hee hee ..

Lisa,
The detailed scan is very fast if baby is cooperative. Only drawback is hubby can't go in when they're doing the scanning. Hubby will be called to go in after the scanning is done. My was very fast and i didn't ask any questions also. It cost $100 ! sigh ...

What happen was i reach there, then went into the scanning rm, lie on bed and wait for the doc to come in. The doc will scan for all parts of the baby (done very fast) then leave. The scan is just like the ultrascan but clearer and more detailed. After that hubby can go in and the nurse will just roughly go over ur tummy and give a quick view for ur hubby to see baby and tt's it. I found it rather rush rush. Then u wait for ur report and the flim then bring it back to Dr Watt for her explanantion.
While u're in the room just enjoy watching the doc scan your baby, it's really amazing to see that they can scan everything, placenta, umbilical cord, hands, feet, lips even. But i can't tell if my baby moved alot or not cos the doc was scanning so fast from part to part.

i intend to start my classes in march but i not sure when is the date. Need to check the brochure. Want to attend the classes together ?
happy.gif

You should really start shopping if not u'll come to a pt where u get so frustrated that you have nothing to wear. I reached that pt and got so fed up cos so much clothes in the cupboard and i couldn't wear them !
angry.gif

Hi shekinah,
I visited my friend when she delivered there last year n found there very cosy too.. wonder why my friend told me it's noisey there?
R u expecting a gal? I have to press my hubby's hand on my tummy to feel BB movement coz my BB is protected my an inch thick fat. hee...
250151.gif

shane,
did u went to TMC for the scan? I wen there too..

tkk,
nope i went to ESH for my scan, delivering there mah ...

lisa,
looking that the brochure now. it's 178.50 (incl GST) for the classes. The next class should be on 28/3 but need to check if still got vacancy or not ...

Hi Jane,
I have already started "tai jiao" with BB since Wk20 by playing some lullaby songs. But I realise he more active when there lots of noise(children playing, TV on, ppl talking), seem like he wants to join in the fun too. I think when 5th mth, BB able to hear some noise, especially mother's voice. When I'm so worry he didn't kick me for that day, I will try to smooth talk to BB and he will response with a light kick. That's really eases my worries away. I saw books mentioned that not everyday BB will move so actively.

Do you gals occasionally feeling that you don't feel pregnant at all? I always have that feeling when i wakes up.

Most of my friends who attended the class also tell me when comes to real delivery, you bascially forgotten what you learn in the class. I think I will attend classes that are more useful for baby, like Safety, feeding..etc. It cost USD20 per session over in USA.

Oh, you gals starts to wear maternity clothes!!! My stomach still not very obvious to wear thou' I already started "grandmother style" underwear. :p

I agreed it's a good bonding to have hubby to touch and feels your BB's movement. I saw my hubby so excited when he can feels it thou' BB always stop when he touch my tummy. But sometimes he gets lucky when BB is burping inside.:D

Hi tankuku,

Yes,mine's a baby girl :) What about yours? Well, talk about layer of fats...i think she's also well protected by mine! heee.... I've signed up for Mt A's prenatal course starting in March. It's $126 for 6 sessions. Can consider to sign up too...maybe i'll see you during the course?
happy.gif

Jane,
hey, that's a new way of sensing for the baby movements - with the face. I never thought about it before! I'll usually sense the movements and then quickly ask my hubby to place his hands over the area to feel for the kicks. His face will light up when he can feel the movements!

Ann,
u just spoke my mind. These days i wake up not feeling preggie. Then I'll touch my tummy and try to observe for baby's movements. Onces baby starts getting active, then i feel more relieved.

hi all
went for a detailed scan with a very excited hubby (as is his first time in the U-Sound room) today. As baby's shy (having the back facing the camera), technician told me to go for a walk for half an hour and to return for a hopeful measurement of various area of the face and determination of the gender, which thankfully, the baby coorperate for this second round.

anyway for now, we have 80% probability having a baby girl with very active legs!

hi adora,
The first scan on 13 wks, my BB is benting his kneel. My most recent scan shows he keeps moving his legs position. he was benting at this minutes, then next minutes he already has his feet touching his head. Guess they move alot so their position is not fix yet. But if you observe when they have big movement, you will know where their little feets, hands and head facing.
happy.gif

Shane,
same, glad to know someone shares the same feeling as me.

Jane,
So happy for you too! Guess what, the baby girl spring wear in US are all very beautiful!

Hi everyone,
I still have not felt baby movements yet. Not that I'm aware though. But I'm not too sure if baby is kicking or wat but at times, i do feel like part of my tummy like poke from inside out. And when I put my hand at that position and wait for a few minutes, it never did happen again. happens to me quite a few times over these past few days. Is this a baby kick?

Anyway, I feel that my stomach really shows a lot now. I definitely have to get maternity clothes this weekend. Gonna find some in Spring maternity. Call me paranoid, but I've been measuring my tummy almost every other day to see how much it's expanded... a total of 5 inches.. can't believe it...

And the funny thing is that my colleagues now, when they walk past me, they no longer look at my face, but instead, they focus on my tummy now... hehehe

Hi lisa,
that certainly sounds like baby movements. the frequency will be higher as you advance in ur pregnancy and you'll definitely know your baby is kicking.

Btw, u know your baby's gender already ? Did Dr Watt try to scan for you ? when's ur next appt ?

Shane,

Yah, guess i'm just excited to hear everyone's experiencing the baby kicks and all that and I wonder how it actually feels like. hee Anyway, i'm carrying a baby boy, which is not that surprising after all since my mom dreamt much earlier that she's gonna be a grandma to a grandson
happy.gif

Dunnoleh,
If I'm not wrong, you have to get permission to travel from ur gynae when u're 7 months pregnant onwards.

Lisa

dunno,
u thinking of gg somewhere ? best to check with ur gynae before you go. Btw do you know the gender of your baby already ?

Lisa,
congrats on your baby boy !
happy.gif

Hi Gals
Any of you using Mustela stretch mark cream. I started using it from 4mth every night after bathing. Now, at 6mth when I applied it mu tummy starting to feel very itchy. Like thousands of ants crawling over my tummy. Strange???
uhoh.gif

If I am allergic to the cream, I shld have felt that when I started using. Any of you has such experience?

hi gals,
how's everyone ?
happy.gif

as at 22 Feb 05
<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>03/06/2005</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>milly</TD><TD>03/06/2005</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/2005</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>June Ten</TD><TD>10/06/2005</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babyjun</TD><TD>18/06/2005</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/2005</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dreamydove</TD><TD>22/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD>26/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD>27/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>USA-HOAG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/2005</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jane</TD><TD>06/07/2005</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>erlisa</TD><TD>08/07/2005</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

adora,
it could be ur tummy stretching and not because of the cream. Dry skin normally feel itchy. Do u apply day and nite ? If u do get rashes then it's best to stop cos tt will signal allergy.
Or u can try another cream and see if it helps in smoothing the itch.

Hi all!
Hope everyone's alright. Me had bad stomachache today, probably caught cold last night in air-con room (trying to avoid the charcoal smell nowadays), now drinking lots of water hoping to get better.

dunnoleh
Regarding travelling during pregnancy depends on the airline's rules, some allows flying up to 32 to 35 weeks, providing healthy and no previous history of premature labour. Some airline requires letter from gynae verifying stage of pregnancy and the EDD.

Some old articles i found on travelling
(1) cgh Issue 60(Dec 1999)

(2) cgh Issue 76(Dec 2002)

(3) SIA(Check with your airline for details)

Shane
I use it at night. Had stop using cream already...I am using baby lotion instead.

Btw has any of you started looking for stroller, playpen, cot &amp; other bb stuff???

I just bought a few sets of clothes during the weekend. Thinking of visiting BB Kingdom, any of you been there? Which has more selection, the one at Kaki Bukit or MacPherson Road?

adora,
tt's gd. baby lotion is not too bad. I'm using that as well. But not regular :p very lazy.

Most of the big items, I'll be getting from my SILs, so i don't need to buy. I have been buying some clothes on and off tho'.

As for the BB Kingdom, I think most pple go to the Kaki Bukit one. But it's best to shop ard. Some neighbourhood stores or big retails stores like Carrefour or Robinson might give u a better deal. Best to walk ard and compare.

There's a Robinson card member sale this evening fm 6.30pm onswards. There's a cot selling for $190 only. Looks quite ok. You can go down and take a look.

Shane

Thanks for the info. But I am simply to lazy &amp; tired to go town on weekdays.

I went Robinson last weekend, saw a few cots not too bad. I tot BB Kingdom shld offer a better price.

Back