(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

Mckee
sound interesting - traffic lights birthday party. So your theme will be full of red, green n orange. Looking forward to see in ur blog.

FMN
For me not so excited coz' we not going to celebrate for Ian. :p I haven't find much information whether his school will allow us to buy a cake and let them celebrate for him.

Mckee
N1's choice is really unique...haha. So, are you getting a traffic light cake?!? I can't think of one except Swiss Roll.got green, yellow but pink?...err, close enough!

I ask Jay almost every week and each time he tells me he still wants "CARS"...so heng ah, i'm still safe! Besides, i'm decorating the cake on my own this year. I'm counting down, we are celebrating this Sun!

Anns
Thanks, thanks!! I'm saying it twice
happy.gif

Are you celebrating for I at home? Even if it's just a cupcake, i believed he will be really thrilled.

Bbrooster
Wow, the Chinese holiday progamme is really very long. What do they teach during those long hours, won't Jo be sleepy? I wanted to send Jay for one too but haven't gotten much time to settle for one. 2 weeks of the holidays are almost up..time really flies.

Glayz
Your family is gonna have a cake feast!

jaymom
Hmm, ian is more interested to know when he can get his present rather than birthday party or cake. Maybe will get him a slice of cake on that day, just for his sweet tooth. But I think if his class celebrate for him, he will have alot to talk about it to share with us.

Jaymom
Actually...is OVER la...
I celebrate the lunar birthday...as mei mei also same day mah... too bad my dad not around that day...if not ask him to join in...my dad lunar is 2 days after my 2S...

bbrooster
wah... so long!!!
I also tempted to send sky to class..but need commitment from my mum so I had to shelf the idea... 3 days onli...wah so good... (can take leave la...if there is a need to...) u bad har..bo jio

<font color="0000ff">Glayz</font>
jio you you also won't come cos it's just across the road community centre. response was so good both the English and Chinese drama slots were taken up. If not we also let her go for English. At least keep her occupied and free me for half a day. These are the only suitable classes for her age.

<font color="0000ff">jaymom</font> luckily she's not tired or sleepy. She say the class is fun even though she complain too long. She's keen to learn so we probably switching her from English to Chinese Drama.

They were given a booklet for the 3 day which has a story inside. There were several characters in the story. During the performance the older kids will narrate out and say their part then followed by singing. Jo of course not in the dialogue part. She will sing out in Chinese with actions. The 3 days class should be practising and repeating the story.

Quite happy at least keeps her occupied and learn another few chinese songs. And glad she is not resisting Chinese. After the performance she ask me good or not. I told her well done and she felt proud of herself I think. She said, "wo yao xue hua yu". So maybe time to switch from English to Mandarin.

TL
the cupcakes are a SUCCESS!!!
My 2S recognise thm as LITTLE EINSTEIN!!! and even know is Annie... Personally...mummy like the other 2 character la...but as Leo and Annie are siblings..I understand why we are allocate these 2..wahahahhaahahahaha

<font color="ff6000">Glayz</font>
REALLY AH??!!!!! Hahahaha! Me SO happy! :D :D
Eh... I randomly selected the cupcakes. :p Din know the mummy likes the other 2. :p

Sky looked a little surprised when I handed him the cupcakes - I was thinking "Oh dear... he doesn't recognise the faces...". Hee.

TL
I let Sky took Leo... then i know he likes annie better... but I told him annie is leo mei mei...so u take leo, mei mei take annie.... he is ok with this explanation!!!! wahahahahahahahaha

Think he was shocked that u hand him items la...esp in a lunchbox... but when i open it..he grew excited abt it lor!!!

oh is random har... tot got special meaning...wahahahahahahha

TL
so nice !!!!!!!!!!!
I was telling hb that i might get cuppies for E bday in school and he said "why not get TL to bake for you." kekekekekekkekeekekke.....

Well, looking at tt spaceship and all the cuppies... i think yea, u can open shop liow. hehe...

<font color="ff6000">Shane</font>
Thank you! =) Cuppies? Ehhh... I'm recuperating after all the fuss. Hahahaha. Tried 2 times each for rocket and the LE faces. Bobian, new baker is like that. :p

No lah, me not up to standard yet. Just learning the skill to work with fondant. ;)

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets</font>
Thanks thanks. =) When I was doing all the hardwork to make the cake anc cuppies, I keep telling myself "I'm doing it for JJ, if not for him, I won't even consider the attempt!". Hahahaha.

Some months back, he saw a pic of a rocket done by a baker friend, and JJ said "Mummy, I want you to make that for me ok?" then he walked off. I was like "HAR???!!!" A day before his bday party at CC, he reminded me again "Mummy, I want you to make the little einstein cake for my bday ah." So by hook or by crook, I have to try to make it work. HAHAHAHA. That was my motivation.

TL,
wow you're early !!!

Ya I'll definitely need to recuperate if I'm you. Look at all the hard work put in.

I think i wld have given up halfway. Or just paid money to get someone do it! =P

After 4 yrs, think i getting very bo chap. Hvn't really even got things ready for her bday in CC this week! =P

Hi good morning everyone..

TL,
GOSH!! you baked all these?
you really pro leh..ya..i think you also can open shop liao..
so nice...JJ so fortunate...
happy.gif

shane,
same here lor..i oso getting bochap liao..dun really bake now..hehe...

TL,
Totally impressed with your effort.
You can start a home baking business.
happy.gif

JJ must be so happy that you kept your promise. You are such a nice mummy.

...know this is a very old question. let's treat this as a trival poll.
what do you use to cut children fingernail &amp; toenails?
(A) nail clipper?
(B) scissors
Had a argument with mil because of this yesterday... irritating.

caymom,
so nice to see you again. Seems like such a long time.

Glayz,
You too! So long din see you. You lost alot of weight ley. What's the secret ?
Hb kept saying, Shane is so big already! so fast, so fast. He likes her alot too .. cos she's so friendly! hahahahhahaha...

<font color="ff0000">Shane,</font>
Yah, it has been quite a long time. Maybe because I rarely come in here now.
lame.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Glayz,</font>
Agree that you lost a lot of weight. Still not eating dinner?
I cannot maintain my weight after I stopped bfg, not ballooned back already.
Little Shane is very sweet. I love her big bright eyes.
happy.gif
My C2's eyes are very small, unlike her sister.
lol.gif

Glayz,
yes,..agreed with Shane and caymom..
u look slimmer n slimmer each time i see u leh..whats the secret??i oso wan to lose weight..

jane,
(B) i used scissors...the pigeon nail scissors..

BBrooster,
So which school you brg her for the 3 days course?

TL,
You are really so pro.. this morning i just eat the cake &amp; about to ask you where you order it.. the cakes taste nice..
When will you be free to teach me? :p

fmn
at least you use pigeon children nail scissors...
the scissor she make me use is those for cutting threads (what the seamstresses use), best part, she took my nailclipper and hid it in her room which i found it this morning when she's not around which i lose count dunno how many times already.

i insisted not to use the scissors, she screamed at me in front of the children AGAIN! crazy woman, is just a nail-clipper!

<font color="0000ff">TL</font>
Ya same here, totally impressed with your effort! Ya u are indeed a great &amp; nice mummy, will go all out to make ur lil JJ in clouds nine!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">FMN</font>
hee I'm even more lousy lar, i dun even noe how to bake!! I guess I'll sit bk &amp; admire the great designs &amp; eat them will do. keke!

TL
You open biz leh... got ready customers here! and we swear by your quality!
happy.gif

glayz
ya lah... you look younger and slimmer... vrey good leh... me like pregnant again
sad.gif

bday
i'm still stuck with traffic lights. Friday's the party! sigh!!!

The cakes and the rocket are so lovely. The kids at the CC must be so excited and happy.

<font color="0000ff">twinklets</font>
I join you to sit back, relax, admire and eat.

<font color="0000ff">Jane</font>
I use Pigeon nail scissors. I feel scissors is safer than nail clipper.

<font color="0000ff">mckee</font>
I saw you the other day you are sososo.... slim now. You have lost alot of weight compared to me. Somemore can wear hot pants. Really slim and chio chio.

<font color="0000ff">aries</font>
It's the community centre near my house. No time to bring her far after Jer was born.

aries I don't think you put on much weight during pregnancy cos you look just the same. You don't look like you have just given birth.

<font color="0000ff">Glayz</font>
You really lost alot of weight. What is the 'xian tan'?

bbrooster,
You mean cc also have holiday class?
I was lucky that i did not put on alot therefore easy to go back my actual size after 1 month.. but how to reduce the flaby tummy??
sad.gif

Like that also can...me lazy la...will OUTSOURCE!!! wahahahahahahha

<font color="0000ff">Jane</font>
opps..I dun really clip much....
but i use the safety-first nail-clipper

<font color="0000ff">Shane</font>
I din lose any weight after the last meeting la...
tell u la... mei mei LOVES uncles la...so she is friendly towards most uncles...wahahahahahaha

<font color="0000ff">FMN</font>
Is the top la.... not me lose weight...
Me din lose any... onli maintaining...

<font color="0000ff">Caymom</font>
ya...still not taking dinner if I am not too hungry...
cos dinner time very late...after 7pm mah... or i will feel too bloated to sleep...

<font color="0000ff">Mckee</font>
Dun fret la... u add in a few cars also lor...
then tell n1... traffic lights are useless without cars...that will do!!! wahahahahahaha

<font color="0000ff">Aries</font>
I agree with bbrooster... I so shocked lor...u dun look like u had given birth recently lor...
I tot i recognise the wrong mummy....
ur tummy not flabby la... or u hide it very well....

<font color="0000ff">aries</font>
ennnnnyyyyy........you too. sigh....

CC got alot of holiday classes. I saw got cartoon drawing, young typist and others. But not many choice for 4yrs old.

Twinklets.. u try rocking ur baby (to sleep)..then will be like me :p
Ha..coz jj only will sleep after i rock him..

Bbrooster.. but you looks slim to me too. and maybe i hide my tummy well.. hee..
i saw the classes for the cc, ya lor many for 5yrs onwards. 4 very few..

Glayz,
I always have dinner after 7pm. That probably explains why it is very hard for me to lose the weight. There was once I tried to eat a lighter dinner... end up I was so hungry that I couldn't sleep and had to cook maggie mee as super.
crazy.gif

Aries
WAH!!! now I envyyyyyyy too. I totally forgot about you giving birth!!! and your figure certainy doesn't make me remember too!

update a bit
sorry gals... got to release stress abit.
Last night, when I changed N2's diaper, we realised that his penis was doubled in size. hmmm it looked a little like a fatten cocktail sausage.
I thought it was weird, but maybe just another form of baby's erection that I'm not familiar with..
happy.gif
you know right, the bb boys have erections sometimes.
Then my hb saw it and said, NO... it's swollen. Let's go see doc now!!
wah! that's when I got worried.
so at that hour, we went to GP. Even GP went Wow. cos by that time, the sausage looked more like two sausage combined.

doc said, infected because we didn't clean foreskin properly... I remember reading that this was not uncommon among boys. Said that it's swollen cos all the urine can't come out. We've to observe in next 24hrs, must pass urine, otherwise must go A&amp;E. He had a slight fever then, and doc said it's related.

Well, that really scared us. so we observed him. Poor N2. Was in pain. When he walks, he open leg wide, take big step, like pregnant woman. when he wants to pee, he cries, and holds on to crotch, cos it's painful. and nothing comes out.
wah! my heart really break. and there's nothing we could do.

Early this morning, we went straight to PD. we were prepared to go for circumcision if necessary. Thank God the PD was assuring. in fact, he was nonchalent, we were like regular cough and cold patients.
He said, put cream. 3 days later will subside. 2 weeks later come back and see if an operation is needed. Now it's too painful to do anything. And start antibiotics course.
phew! what a relief. You know, by morning, it swelled as large at three fingers combined, and the shape was so odd, the skin was so red cos it was stretched. I had to ask my hb, would it explode? or would it drop off like grangrene?

well, now, the cream is helping. we are putting liberally on it. and he's peeing a bit more regularly. sigh... i thought boys had no problems when it comes to diaper hygiene... guess i thought wrong...
sad.gif

oh dear! U noe, my sis just told me must remember to clean the foreskin well when I went out with her last week. We brot our bbs along. I nvr really go purposely clean it cos I wasn't told to clean it lor.
sad.gif
So now I will clean it carefully. &amp; after reading ur post, I'll definitely clean it very clean clean every nite.

Ya man.. I tot boys had no problems with diaper hygiene.. thot gals will tend to have more probs with that.. anw.. pat pat ..

<font color="ff0000">aries</font>
oops.. ok :p mine prefer his carseat than my arms.. so guess tat explain why.. lol lol..

Mckee,
so sorry to hear abt it.
poor boy..glad to hear that at least he is peeing more regularly now..

same here..i thought boys usu has no problems when comes to diaper hygenie..n it is usu easier to clean them..

guess we cant take things for granted..boys or girls..oso must clean properly...

hope that N2 recover soon...pat pat

har really ar? Boys also so ma fun. You know I don't even really clean it. How to clean it? Is it pull down the skin and clean the tip? I tried but he keep giggling. Wonder if I have stimulated him and make him excited. Afraid the stimulations will have bad effects on him in future so I don't dare to clean it. I remember for jo we use wet wipes till she was quite big then I saw my friend don't use any wet wipes on her son. She told me boys very easy. I thought no need to clean.

cleaning boys
ya... i read about it, tt infection in boys is common under the foreskin. But also read that we can't pull it down too much, cos may tear the foreskin, as they are still very young.
sigh, this cannot that cannot... so now infection lor...
i think we'll circumcise him. I'm not confident I can keep him clean, and for the matter, i don't remember cleanliness and hygiene going hand in hand with boys! haha!

thanks for all your concern. He's really much better. The swelling has subsided, although it still looks like fat little sausage. He is peeing more regularly now. The pus discharge has stopped, and it looks like it's healing nicely.

Poor N2. Feel so painful for him. I also don't clean thoroughly. Last time I change Jo diapers every 3hrs irregardless of whether the diaper is full. But for Jer can put on the same diaper for 6hrs until the diaper cannot hold anymore. I always thought boys are less likely to kenna infection.

Thanks for sharing. From now on must clean thoroughly and change diaper frequently.

Now then circumcise isn't it very painful. I think best is to do it right after they are born at least they still don't know anything. That time I was thinking to circumcise for Jer or not but in the end also didn't do it.

If you do tell me what it's like for N2 ok.

<font color="ff6000">Mckee</font>
Oh dear... you must have been worried sick. Can imagine your heartache. And good to hear that he is healing nicely.

Sorry, had been busy these few days – read postings, but no time to post.

<font color="ff6000">Shane</font>
So all set for E’s party in school? Hee.
When I was making the rocket and cuppies, I really almost gave up many times – a lot of work. :p But some how persisted and the efforts paid off. =) I was surprised that teachers at JJ’s CC whipped out their cameras to take photos of the cuppies. Hee.

<font color="ff6000">Caymom</font>
Thanks for the compliments. =) Actually, I didn’t promise JJ that I would make the cake and cuppies, coz I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off – it’s my very first attempt afterall. Hahahaha. Thank goodness managed to make it. :p

<font color="ff6000">Aries</font>
You want to make the cuppies too? Sure, you let me know when you want to drop by. =)

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets</font>
The smile on the kid’s face makes all the efforts all worth it. JJ so cute – on Sat morning, the day after his CC’s party, Little Einsteins was on TV. He ran to tell me “Mummy, I eat this yesterday!” and he was so excited. Hahahaha. I wonder if we were outside, what would others have thought? Hahahaha.

<font color="ff6000">Mckee</font>
I can’t cope with baking biz lah. :p With working from home and housework, how to bake regularly? You know ah, the couple of days that I was rushing for JJ’s party, I lagged behind in work emails. :p

<font color="ff6000">bbrooster</font>
Yes, the kids at CC were very excited when they see the cuppies, but surprisingly, they had the same reaction as Joelle, yes, your Joelle. That day I showed Jo the cuppies and asked her to pick one. I pointed to Leo, June and Annie – she shook her head, and pointed to Qunicy (the little black guy). Why? I think becoz his face is brown and the kids see it as “Wah, CHOCOLATE!!!”. Well, it is true – it is chocolate buttercream. Hahaha. Jo brought the cupcake to you that day? I asked her to bring to you so you can help her.

<font color="ff6000">Jane</font>
About scissors vs nail clipper, PD suggested baby scissors – safer than nail clippers. But not the typical scissors that we use for sewing and cutting paper. I can’t imagine using them on the kids. -_-‘’ The pigeon scissors has very short blades, thus easier to control. Maybe you try to get that and use that to cut the kids’ nails, then your MIL won’t try to hide the nail clippers. Can imagine your frustration.

Mckee
It must be hard and agony on him. may be get better soon.

scrssors vs clipper.
I agree. i will probably get one and start practising using it. meanwhile, just have to carry the nail tools along with me where-ever i go, so it won't go missing again.

Thanks for feedback!

Mckee
alamak...so serious....
I also tot bois are PRACTICALLY fuss free when its comes to diaper hygiene
Hope ur N2 feel better and recover fast fast...

<font color="0000ff">Tang Ling</font>
yaya...she now like chocolate cakes alot. She brought the cake to me and ask me to remove the wrapper but I am the one who finished eating the cake.

Mckee
Poor N2, hope he is better now. I also anyhow wash it for ian, I never dare to pull his foreskin, scare will tear it. Sometimes if I see his urine more yellow or urine too many times with just few drops urine, i will make sure he drink more barley or water.

<font color="ff6000">bbrooster</font>
Hahahaha. You ate the cupcake? Didn't want her to eat it coz sweet ah? Or she was too full to eat liao?

HI all

Back from the Ben 10 show...dunno why..its a weekday and yet SO CROWDED!!!!

Bought the same watch as @'s R... in the end I bought 2!!! becos my 2S REFUSE TO SHARE!!!!

Back