(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

Caymom
But hor... tot weekdays mah..should be lesser people... see many maids bring their young master and mistress to the shows lor...

Need help...
anyone know which pet shop sells cats???
mei mei is so disappointed not to see cats in Pet Safari!!

Wishing All daddies.........
2593594.jpg

Mckee,
Hope N2 has recovered! Sayang Sayang n hugs hugs to him.

Aries,
Holidays programme, there are alot u can find, depends on wat u would like to enrol JH. Sports, music or academic, or crafts..... Once u know wat u looking for, then easier to narrow down. If u need more info, u email me ya? Or u go to FB, I have upload the pics of the holidays progs I signed up for A. U can even find holidays progs in cc, or libraries. But cos mainly limited space, u need to sign up earli. Hope it helps. Sori din come in earlier as busy with his holiday activities.

Mckee
Sorry to hear about poor N2 but at least you discovered it in time. It's unexpected but i guess you learn through this experiene and N2 will be tougher now!

TL
Gosh, amazing that you paid so much details to the character's facial details, esp Leo! U seriously can consider going into biz, no doubts about it.

Recent mommies
Don't envy each other. U all really looked great...mommy's natural glow!

Jane
I'm still using the Safety First nail clipper.

Bbrooster
The chinese holiday programme sounds good.
At least it's learn through songs and role-playing. Children learn best when you get them involved. I've heard of community centres providing quite interesting classes nowadays but the one nearest my place not many that many that are suitable for Jay's age.

Just to brighten up the thread....

Cake in school
2599922.jpg

Cake for family celebration
2599923.jpg

I specified ladybugs but I got tortoises instead. E was crazy abt ladybugs sometime back. Anyway the kids found the tortoises cute.
happy.gif

This year everything very simple. Mummy very lazy.
lame.gif

Lovely cakes!

I am scratching my head on what to choose for W coming birthday! Ask him what cake he want, in the end didn't give me any answer. If I proceed, scare on actual day, he will feel disappointed!

twinklets,
How is your bb going on?
bb E now 6.2kg and still having 8 feed per day. Basically all my time now spending with her
happy.gif
Can't really do any house chores!

<font color="ff6000">Shane</font>
You baked the cupcakes for E's school party?
happy.gif

Nice agar-agar 'cakes'! Hee. Lovely for this weather where everyone is melting, especially those at home. ~:-(

<font color="ff6000">Audrey</font>
Hey there! How old is bb E now? You must have forgotten how it is like to be with bb at home. Hahahaha. Yes, you won't have time for any house chores. =)

You getting along ok? Well, except that the house maybe a little not-so-neat. ;)

<font color="119911">Hey Mummies, check with you:
Do you still feed your 4YO or let them eat on their own?</font>

JJ can self-feed at CC, but at home, during dinner, he expects to be fed while he do things like colouring. *faint*
At some point (long ago), I managed to get him to eat on his own, then hb decided that it is too slow, and so went back to feeding him. But a 4YO... he should be self-feeding even at home, right?

TL,
She is now 8 weeks.
happy.gif
Next week going to be 9 weeks old.

Hahaha... ... with #1 when he is infant, house still ok lar
happy.gif
but after #2 arrival, as what you said not-so-neat
happy.gif
If anyone dropping by, then me n hubby have to cleanup a bit :p

Mooing time... ...

TL,
No leh..i still feed my R n C..cos they simply too messy n slow..
at times they will eat on their own..then half way thru, they will ask me to feed..

n if i feed..they cant choose the food..but if they eat themselves..food that they dun like, they will not touch it..

Same here! Sometimes W wants us feed him, sometimes he will feed himself. During each meal, we won't allow him to do anything except his food, include no TV too!

TL
I only feed Ian when he takes too long to finish the last few mouths. Other than that, he eats by himself most of the time.

TL,
same pbm here with E. She self feed at CC. When come home very slow, we have to nag n nag to get her to finish her food. Sometimes we end up feeding her as well.

No, I still encourage her to self feed. And only feed her when she's slow. She also like to be fed while doing other things like playing wif toys and colouring. But we only allow that IF she feeds herself. Then of cos everything slows down again. The other concern I have is the food gets cold and I usually want her to finish dinner by 8. If not by 9ish, we'll be putting her to bed liow.

shane,
yes yes..i oso hve the same problem..the food get cold..
in fact hor..at times even if i feed them..they oso eat very slow..very sian lor..

<font color="0000ff">TL</font>
Same here too, she self feed at CC, but come bk home, alot of times take donkey mins to finish her meal. Sometimes she eats really v clean &amp; all by herself. Sometimes halfway thr wanna us to feed already..

For me I dun really allow her to do other things when taking meals. Just TV only. I'll encourage her to take her own meal, will only feed when she is eating v slow or halfway she asks me to feed her. Sometimes I v mad with her cos she really takes v long, I'll simply say "OK throw away, dun eat the food already. Tomorrow tell Nai Nai not to cook your dinner." Once i say that, she'll guai guai eat liao. hehe.

<font color="ff0000">Audrey</font>
I'm coping fine here. Wow Enya is so big now, barely 2 months &amp; she's already over 6kg! I'm not sure Julien weight yet. Mayb adapting his weight nowadays, my arms find his weight ok liao, not so heavy for me to carry. Enya is feeding good, 8 meals! I will normally BF Julien after midnite &amp; early morning. Lazy to wake up to warm the milk. He only drinks EBM from 10+am onwards till 10pm+. Wkends I BF him outside. I guess he didnt pile up alot due to that.

<font color="0000ff">Anyone know whether URA Center near to Tanjong Pagar MRT?</font>

One of my pet peeve is feeding time! And I almost NEVER have a proper meal outside.
sad.gif

Guess Cherry will not have this pbm. How blessed! =)

Twinklets,
URA ctr is not near TP MRT it's near Maxwell Mkt if my directions is correct.

<font color="0000ff">Shane</font>
nice agar agar cake! So fast E also 4 YO liao..

Ok share with u mummies some latest pics of Julien. Taken last week. Ashley dotes her lil brother alot, but over affectionate liao. See the way she handles him can make my heart stop like tat. -__-"

2606771.jpg

2606772.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Audrey</font>
any latest pics of Enya to share? sibling pic?
happy.gif

Here they are
happy.gif

2607701.jpg

I have heart attack when I saw little W carried his sister into his room where she was sited on the bouncing chair. Luckily he hold her tight or else... ...

This taken after I shaved her head
happy.gif

2607702.jpg

WAH! bb E is 8 wks and 6kg! Solid! She looks so alert and curious. =) You shaved her at 1 mth or just shaved?

W carried mei mei? Gosh, I would have my heart in my throat if I saw that too. Hahaha. Thank goodness bb is ok.

My JJ tried to carry his cousin Joelle (then 8 wks) and he realised that he dare not. His hands giving way under the weight of the bb. Hahahahaha. W is so strong!
happy.gif

Hi 5! We also can't enjoy any meal outside! -_-"
I remember when JJ was 3YO, and I saw this table next to us, a girl about the same age was eating on her own from her plate! I wanted to look for a hole to bury my head...
embarrassed.gif

Ummm... so kids this age typically acting the same.

I also try to get JJ to eat on his own or I'll keep his colouring book... but SO slow! The food is cold liao. And all this is without TV.

ok, looks like I just have to keep trying. Last night, I let him sit there on his own with no colouring book. Asked him to finish his meal. When we are not looking, he eats. Hahahaha.

Same, I try to get him to finish before 8pm, otherwise it is too near his bedtime, not good.

twinklets,
Ju is so handsome!!! =D

Audrey,
Sweet bb E =)

TL,
Nowadays I have no shame in public. I just discipline her on the spot.

On thing abt E is she can't sit thru' a meal. Halfway and she'll get figety. Then I hv to strike a deal that she goes down but she have to come back to eat when her mouth is empty. So far this works fine.

Nowadays it's all about negotiation and who's more witty and LOADS of pre-empting. E doesn't take changes well and does not take no for an answer as well. So need to nego alot with her and tell her before hand what will happen next. sometimes i feel so so so so tired and sien. Just can't wait for her to grow up and be more sensible just that I'm not sure if that will ever happen
lame.gif

TL, I have keep telling him only carry mei mei when he sits on sofa or bed. When I saw him carried his sister, my heart almost drop out, no idea how he pick his mei mei up
happy.gif

Twinklets, Audrey
Both your BBs are so cute!

Shane, TL
Well...the only meal we can eat in peace is at Mac! Everyweek eat fast food no wonder mummy become fat fat!

TL
Last week, when we ate outside...C can eat on her own (rice w dishes) but R just finish all the fishballs &amp; wanted to run away! I had to quickly finish my meal &amp; feed him. I told him shame on you that meimei can eat on her own while u need me to feed!

Ya, I know what you mean. Being a parent, we get used to having looks from others when kid throws tantrums. Our skin just get thicker and thicker. Compared to when they were babies - remember we were talking then about being embarrassed? Hahahaha. Bo buan, have to learn how to be a parent. Hahahaha.

Given their super short concentration span, it's really hard to make them finish up their meal in one seating. :p

Ummm... when they grow up??? By then, we would have another set of problems. Ya? Hee.

Ya hor, how did W pick up mei mei? Even for an adult it is rather tricky - some adults dare not even pick up a baby. W must have been observing you - how you pick up bb and carry her. Or rather I hope that was the case.
lol.gif

Feeding
Sky not keen to self-feed
will tell me to feed them both at same time..
but mei mei VERY into self-feed... but most of the time by the time the spoon reach her mouth is EMPTY...all the food drop everywhere!!!

Sky also self-feed in school...and he eats so slowly...the fastest time is during the bash la... competition from R&amp;C la...

Carrying
Sky also ATTEMPTED to carry mei mei who is just 3kg lighter!!! can make our heart drop also..becos high chance both will topple!!!

<font color="ff6000">Adora</font>
Really? Hee. I'm handling ONE kid here only... can't imagine if both have to be fed and I'm alone. No need to eat liao. Hahahaha.

I was watching Super Nanny yday - featuring a SAHM with 3 girls - 4.5YO and 3YO twins. I was 'sweating' while watching it... goodness... I can't imagine with 3 kids...

The older girl shouts at Mum, and fights/hits her sisters. The mum is all stressed out and tired. Not hard to imagine.

Still came back to basics of using Noti Stool and routine (to keep the kids from getting bored). The Noti Stool technique is really not easy to implement and takes a LOT of discipline and patience and restrain (from losing your own temper).

I was watching it coz JJ had been pushing his limits too much lately. And we are so surprised to hear from his CC teachers that they NEVER saw him lose his temper in CC. He does it pretty often at home though.

JJ dare not hit me, but he hits JJdad. I reminded the dad to be more consistent and not let him continue to do it.

<font color="119911">Do you have that happening at home? I mean our 4YO losing temper and yells/shouts that he/she is angry? Then talks rudely?</font>

So far, he tried it on me and I disciplined him on the spot.

hehe thanks gals.. today brought him to Vivo City.. wow i luv their baby room, so spacious &amp; have 6 or 8 cubicles of Breastfeeding room, make me &amp; Julien so happy &amp; at ease. He was so happy inside, kept smiling once I finished burping him. hehe.. I hope Singapore has more such nursing rooms leh.. at least we BF mummies go out can be more at ease lor..

<font color="0000ff">Audrey</font>
wow.. amazing how W can do that.. If i'm u, i think my heart will drop to dunno where.. &amp; given my temper, I'll sure hammer her 1 which I know I shouldn't.. Sighs, becos of her rough actions, she already kana scold by me afew times liao, I feel so guilty cos I know is not her fault, but I just cant help it.. Think Hb is more patient &amp; understanding in this aspect.. I must tell myself to let go abit &amp; close 1 eye ..
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">TL</font>
I think when u got 2 kids, u are face with no choice liao. hehehehe.

When I was pak tor with Hb that time, we saw this lil' boy with his parents, he was using chopsticks to eat &amp; v well behaved. Think the most 4 YO. We were so impressed &amp; we told each other how we wish our child next time will be like him too. Hehhehe..

TL
ya Sky..attempted to carry mei mei!!! it happen like over the past week... being trying to do it when he think no one is watching!!

<font color="0000ff">Audrey</font>
geesh.. saw the clip &amp; feel so sick abt it though the parents are trying to tell us abt bb survival skills.. Didn't on the speaker, I think the bb must b crying for his parents, poor thing..
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">TL</font>
oops mine is already behaving like a spoilt brat especially these recent months. So rude so whiny so irritating. Hearing her voice nowadays is like a whiny recorder.. keep buzzzing here &amp; there, repeating same old stuffs. Her teacher also say she is a very good gal at school, so i guess she only behaves such way at home ground. I already smacked her last week at her butt &amp; arms using a cane (think my cane can count 1) cos I really cant stand her whines &amp; cries every nite.

twinklets
I think he observe, his is observant boy! Sometimes very scary, don’t know when he picks up from us
happy.gif
hehehe...

Dealing with kids, sometimes we should close 1 eye. Try not to scold her that often, poor thing. If I am angry with W, I will just walk off, after cool down, then come back then I lecture him.

Best part is the bb can float for so long, just amazing.
happy.gif

TL,
Sometimes kids just lost their temper, W did that to us as well, we will just stop him from doing it and explain to him on dot.
I think W act as same in CC, or else the trainer will not sent him to another room to talk to him
happy.gif
I comes to know from little W when he share his tots to me.

Hi all mummies,

Happy belated birthday to all june babies. Sorry for the late wishings.

Managed to celebrate Jacia's actual day and she was so happy showing us that she was 4 yrs old. And her cheeky greedy sister chewing off one of the strawberry once the candles are blown off.

2616435.jpg
2616436.jpg

2616437.jpg
2616438.jpg

twinklets
Aiyo my jacia also behave like that. Really get on my nerves. Sometimes i felt so guilty for hurting her feeling when i told her off. She would whine quietly wiping her tears and leave the room. Alas....so guilty.

Got to close one eye if Ashley is too rough. Cericia also kena "bumps" many times by Jacia until her head became harden like STONE. When Cericia's head knocked against us, we would feel more pain than her....*ouch* LOL

Glayz
Strange....Is it the same "sign" of being 4 years old. Jacia also like carrying meimei these few days. ANd she could lifted her up easily by hugging her up. My meimei is 3 kgs lesser than her

Twinklets
Aiyoh, i simply adore BBJu's spilling cheeks. He's so adorable!

Audrey
The set of siblings looked so loving together
happy.gif

Feeding Time
My helper also started to teach Jay to self-feed 2 weeks ago. We started with lunch and progress to dinner. Of cos there are trying momments, when he's simlpy too slow or distracted, i tried not to help him, will speed it up by "scooping" the food for him but expects him to push the spoon into his own mouth.

Jay will always go "Mummy, help me!" but when it comes to his favourite food like cornflakes in strawberry milk, he is so careful with every spoon, no a single drop of spillage!! so who says they can't do it?

This Jun holiday,didn't get much chance to bring him to many places unlike last year. However, we did "break new grounds" with him. Paiseh to say so but at last we managed to wean him off milk bottle for the daytime, our challenge now is the feed b4 he goes to bed

TL
I'm using the "ignore" method with Jay when he refuses to listen or cooperate after i repeatedly warned him. He gets really upset and will aplogize profusely when i treat him "transparent". I will reason and rationalise with him again after his apology. We need to find out our child's weakness :p

Being the only child at home,my big concern now is making him understand the importance of sharing. He is just too possesive with his stuffs and i don't get to see much of such acts at home to correct him in time.

jamci,
Your gal so cute, she is more interested with the strawberry rather than the cake
happy.gif

jaymom,
Only by chances to captured that moment
happy.gif

TL/Twinklets,
in a way..both of u only face with one whiney kid..
i'm faced with 2..n the whiney-ness is x 2 leh..

wow..really no joke..can go crazy mann..
dunno y..my 2 kids oso very very whiney, fussy..likes to cry very easily...scream etc etc..n always wan to be carry..
dunno is it cos of the close age gap thats y both are behaving the same way..

at times really buey tahan that i will lost temper..if not, i will just ignore..

just last night alone..mi n the daddy both of us already cant stand it...
Ryan keeps disturbing Chloe..snatch toys from her..
then Chloe will scream, whine n cry

can u imagine the whole hse is sooo noisy...

Ryan oso quite a good boy in cc..but when at home..cant really control him..
i realised that..cos he "control" n behaved himself in cc cos got teachers n frens mah..
n cos he is in cc for the whole day..the whole day., he has been controlling himself...

but then once at home.. he will "released" out all the controlled energy hence such whiney n notti behaviour..

<font color="ff6000">FMN</font>
Ya, it's true that I have half of the whiney-ness you are experience, maybe even less than half. Coz when 1 whines and the other follows, most likely they would try to out-do each other. Hahaha. Gosh, can imagine... Headache...

I was also thinking the same thing - JJ most likely control and restraint himself in CC due to peer pressure. At home, don't care liao. Sigh.

Back