(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

To all mummies

my boy is already 1 mth+, but recently i faced a problem, hope to get some advise.

He sleep in the day and do not sleep at night. i'm felt very stress as i need to entertain him yet i'm extreme tired. If i don't let him sleep in the day he will cry, as for at night he felt very sleepy after his milk but he don't wish to entre his dreamland, no matter how i carry or pat him, he will only cry. How.....????

Stephy, pls do not think of giving up so soon. Think of the goodness your Aaron is getting from your breast milk.
happy.gif

Hi ladies, here is my birth story:

18th May: Went for induce at 10pm, insert the tablet to dilate the cervix. No pain yet.

19th May: Doc check cervix at 7.30am, not open yet so insert 2nd tablet at 11am. Menses-like cramps start coming, pain like hell, request for pain relieve at 3pm, had injection on the thigh but does not relieve pain, only feel drowsy, fall asleep after. Doc check cervix again at 7pm, only dilate to 1cm, very sad. Pain thruout the nite at every 7 mins interval.

20th May: Insert 3rd tablet at 6am. Doc say max can put 4 tablets, still dun dilate then c-section last resort. So i pray tis time it will work, really buay tahan the pain liao, suffering like hell with the cramps. Cervix check by so many hands, insert their fingers in so painful until bleed. Really wanna cry.

Finally 7pm have "show", check cervix, dilate to ard 3cm, send to delivery ward to break water bag at 8.30pm. Cramps intensity increase by 100 times after, wanted epidural but the anaesthetian not available so meanwhile use gas but does not help, only make u drowsy. Was screaming like hell by then, epidural only came ard 10+, damn relieve after dat.

Slept until 1am, doc came check my cervix, fully dilate so can start pushing. As epidural was on, can't feel contractions at all, reduce to 50%, still can't feel. Finally switch off, start pushing, start to feel contractions & started pushing. Dun dun how to breathe & push wrongly, almost wan to give up but hubby & midwife very encouraging so kept trying, with epistomy finally succeed!

Baby Tricia born 21st May 3.76kg.

Can check with u all when will the milk supply come? I can't latch on as nipple is flat so decided to pump but so far only see some whitish liquid leaking out, breasts feel heavy but no milk yet, any advice?

sharon:
i used neo garden for my daughter's full month too. dun know if they are still having this promotion but you can use your child's bc for the 20% discount.
if you are worried about quality, i have always used them for any celebrations (from my wedding to my girl's 1st month) and so far, no complaints.
happy.gif

mummies:
i tried to bottle-fed my girl and she did not take to the bottle well. in fact, she could not suckle.
its like learning to feed her all over again... but no choice cuz i will have to return to work in july.
any mummies have no problems with bottle and breast feeding your child?

Evelyn: Congrats. wow labour for 3 days..scary.. I only manage to 5ml of milk on 2nd day. Initially used Avent manual pump got tired b4 I got any milk. Started on medela electric pump manage to get 10ml after 1 hour on the 3rd day. Try drinking a lot of fluid something like 2 to 3 liter and eat food rich in protein to thicken the milk. Picnis suggested Fenugreek to me might wanna check with lactation consultant b4 you take the supplement. I can pump bet 60 to 80ml within 20 min every 2 to 3 hours now

hytten: I oso using the Avent pump now, pump until my hands tired. Can feel dat my breast very full but manage only a few drops after 5-10 mins, really frustrated. My fren oso recommend me buy the medela pump, how much u pay for it?

Btw ladies, wat brand of electric pump is gd in the market & where can i get it at the best price?

Meow & Krazy: Seems like Neo garden is quite a good recommnedation and i hv frens commenting that their quality is quite good. Tmr will be calling them to book the buffet. Thanks for the recommendation
happy.gif

Bloom: Ya, our daughters born on the same date & same hospital
happy.gif
next time maybe they might become good frens..hehe
happy.gif
i will be taking up Neo gdn since quite a few pple recommend them. I did call up them and we're entitled for the 20% when we fax the bc over. btw i'll take Melrose for the full month cake
happy.gif
u are choosing which?

Cheers,
Sharon

Evelyn: I got mine from a friend, I believe market price is abt $270 ++ You can check out their sole distributor at Plaza Singapura http://www.mumsandbabes.com.sg/breastpump.htm What I have is the Mini Electric Plus (both sided) If you get the single sided one I think you might need a breast shell. I started pumping using only with one bottle coz the supply was still low but everytime I do that the other breast leak.

Hi Evelyn,
Congrats! Wow, 3 days labour sounds scary. If my bb not coming out this few days, guess I will probably induce this weekend as well. My gynae told me that there is 2 ways of inducing. 1 is the same as yours and the other is breaking the water bag and drip oxytocin. He did mention the induction by insert sometimes may not response. Now I hear your birth story, sounds scary. Not sure whether to choose this type of induction or the other type.

Joanna : I have got this problem initially too.. we will try not to let aaron sleeps between 8 - 11pm.. and gives him a nice warm bottle of milk to take before sleep, dim the bedroom lights, juz in case, standby a pacificier..

tigger88 : yesterday whole morning, I latched Aaron on till at 9pm onwards, I bottlefeed him with EBM, guess what, he has been waking up almost every hour.. it's so frustrating.. at the end, gave him the pacificier.. then sleep.. Hubby is away, will only be back on Thursday.. still got so many nites to tahan..

Evelyn : wow.. what a story.. why didn't u ask for epidural in the beginning? Anyway, it's over.. welcome to motherhood.. My milk only came in 1 week later.. Try to app;y hot towel on yr breast and massage.

Krazy : Aaron also has nipple confusion.. if I latch him on too many times, the next time when I bottlefeed him, he will take some time to suck... so right now, I will bottlefeed him with my EBM
most of the time.

Hi stephy:
I remember you told me that you have high blood pressure towards the end of your pregnancy right? How high is your pressure then? I notice mine is going up higher & higher each time I visit my gynae this 2 wks. Quite worry that it will develop pre-eclampsia.

It was 150/100 when I was at my 39th week.. before that they did a blood test on me too.. my uric acid was at boderline too. My gynae gave me some high blood pressure pills to take. Wat week are u at now? Not to worry too much, I'm sure yr gynae will give u good advice

hi sharon, ya, think next time our gals sure become gd friends haha.

ya, i thinking of engaging neo garden for buffet too, my fren strongly recommended them as well. I v lazy to look ard anymore, plus if we really have 20% off, then its v good deal.

As for the cakes, i will have to check with my mom first. according to her, if we invite the guests to buffet, then no need to give full moon cakes liao. but we cannot invite everyone, so may still need to buy some cakes. will check out melrose also.... let u know when we decide.

evelyn: Congrats!! tho your labour does sound long, but am sure its all worth it when you get to see your lovely baby afterwards.

Hi Stephanie

I will try ur advise 2day... let you know the outcome?

Btw, is there anyway to increase my beast milk supply as i onli pump once a day (less than 50ml)? I'm afraid the supply will go to zero coz i intend to put my boy to infant care so i hope to give him breast milk as long as possible, so that he wont get sick easily.

Stephy, I am also giving Keane pacifier at nite so that he will not want to suckle my nipple to sleep.

Usually my hubby will bottlefeed him with EBM in the evening. In the middle of the nite, if he wakes up for feeding, i will latch him on cos too tired and lazy to prepare EBM. If you are latching Aaron on the whole morning, do you have time to express milk?

I am thinking it's easier to latch direct than to express and feed EBM cos expressing takes time. But in the long run, I have to let him get used to bottle...so guess have to start bottlefeed him with EBM more often.

Joanna : Good luck to you.. to me too
happy.gif
My friend by pumping once a day is definitely not enough.. I used to pump only 3 times a day, I was told that's too little already. We are supposed to pump every 2 - 3 hrs if u are not latching yr bb on directly. To increase yr milk flow, latching yr bb on is also another way.. take lots of fish, papaya fish soup, oats.. Right now, I'm trying out Moms-in-minds's nursing tea.. still haven't got any good result yet, especially on my left breast, only can express abt 50ml.
sad.gif

tigger88 : latching aaron on is easier, compare to expressing, still got to sterlise the pump each time after use.. so time consuming.. That's why yesterday, tot of trying out by latching him on in the day time.. But I think he miss my nipples so much till he woke up nearly every hour last nite.. he is banned from my nipples from today onwards!

Yesterday, when I latched him on, I only express out once in the morning, noon and nite which usually I will express out 5 - 6 times per day if not latching.

Hi Stephy,
I am in my 39 wks now. Tomorrow going for chk up and probably will induce labour end of the wk if baby still not coming out this few days. My blood pressure was 130+/87. Gynae said as long is below 90 is ok but worry tomorrow go chk up will rise again as every wk I went for check up for the past 3 wks, it keep increasing. I am already at 87 so tomorrow, not sure will it hit above 140/90.

Joanna: Pumping once a day is definately too little. I pump every 2 to 3 hours. When I was building up my supply in the first few days I pump every 1 hour, manage to get only 5 to 30ml. Now after taking Fenugreek I can pump 80ml to 100ml every 2 to 3 hours. So greatful to Picnic who introduced me to it.

sgmom: i'm using Baby Bjorn also. Damn ex but it's quite useful. i also have MIM cotton sateen sling but i'm not good with it and baby dun seem very comfortable in it. But seeing how other mummies use it like very comfy and easy.

Hello Mummies
Would like to check if any of you experienced the following:

1. Baby's milk consumption declined (almost halved) after confinement lady left? My daughter (6 wks) is drinking about 60ml compared to 100ml when CL was around. Am very concerned about her reduced intake.

Thanks!

babyblues: My baby's milk intake was halved too for the pass 2 days. All she wanted to do was zzz. She has no fever and I don;t see anything in her mouth that is causing her discomfort netiher did she cry a lot. Today she is back to normal.

Bloom: Hehe..so next time we must bring our girls out if not how to become good frens :p Anyway, i've booked the buffet from Neo garden, confirm there's 20% off. The staff is quite friendly also..they will recommend wat's nice also..hopefully it turn out to be nice
happy.gif
Tmr will ask my hubby to fax the BC over to show them.

Krazy & Meow: I order for 45 pax...duno whether it will be enuff for abt 60 pax??? Afraid there will be left over...or it's not enuff??

Btw, do u all shave the hair n eyesbrow for your bb when they turn 1 mth old?? I heard if they dun shave off, when they grow up canot go temple ar?

thanks,
sharon
happy.gif

Hi all mummies,
congrats on ur new-born bb!... guess all of u muz be so busy BF the precious one...

Me due to deliver in end August, however, need some help as I have yet to decide which hospital to sign-up with. My gynae delivers at either Mt A or GlenE. Both hospital distance are more or less near to my house. So now, it boils down to the hospital price/service. Is there any "hidden" charges or extra bills which I need to note?...

Really appreciate if all mums who delivered in either Mt A or GlenE can email me their hospital charges, delivery experience and delivery type, etc.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks so much in advance!
happy.gif

COngrats Eve!

I hv the same prob as you too, cos of flat nipples, i hv trouble latching bb on. They teach me to express first, the nipple will get extended.

Will feel overwhelmed abt BF one, first few days - hang in there..

San - all the best!

Picnic/ Hytten - how much is that supplement Fenugeek? i am unable to get enuf expressed out, and hv to supplement with formula.

Does anyone else hv the prob? oredi one week liao i only getting abt 40-50ml every 3hr. Is this the average?

Seem to be spending the whole day expressing, sterilising and feeding uh!! Jiu Ming uh!
kao_angry.gif

LV,

I am not sure wat other combination of the name is allowed leh.... cos those examples are given on the form that tmc pass to us when bb was born.

forgetmenot,

the pap smear went ok... slightly pain. dr yeong suggested that we wait till samuel is 1 year to try again for next child... he told us its for age spacing ... but we told him we wanna try again sooner.. .so he say we can go ahead and try naturally lor. By the time next feb if still no news, he will do iui for us. I think I wont wait that long till next feb... probably will wanna do the iui this nov/dec.

I just came back.. went to watch star wars with my hubby...
happy.gif
We brought samuel for his first 6-in-1 shot... cost $150.

Jas03: I got mine from GNC at $22.95 before member discount 20%. Do call GNC outlet first before going.. they are always out of stock, I had to reserved mine. I called the lactation consultant at KKH this morning, she said I can take 2 capsules up to 4 times a day. For newborn to 3mths old the average baby should drink is betwwen 60ml to 120ml.

Thanks hytten. i will check with GNC. that day my mum made papaya and fish soup for me (yeee!) but i kwai kwai drank it all down.. hopefully to increase milk ss.
happy.gif

San - keep us updated. take care. muz be excited can see your little one soon.

Sharon,
i think 45pax should be enough, not all ppl will go for second round of food. Saw your mail, but it was send back to your office.

poohy,
but by the time u give birth to your 2nd baby,it will be next yr liao..so i supposed the age gap will be abt 1 yrs old liao mah..

maybe dr yeong wans u to rest ur body for a yr before trying for another one?

u did not bring Samuel to watch star wars right??

stephy,
aaron's cheeks very chubby leh.......u shaved his head when he is one mth's old?

hi meow..
saw yr email too..thks for the advise. thats why went ahead to order. anyway my MIL will still prepare some food..just in case it's not enuff.

cheers,
sharon

sharon:
you have to take into consideration the ratio of males to females. ... males tend to eat more. hahah
for my girl's celebration, we actually ran out of food! cuz my guests stayed on rather late (way past dinner time and they ate more) and some guests came late too.

<font color="0000ff">as @ 24 May-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mumof1</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>san(nesame)</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tankuku</TD><TD>15/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>30/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jia02</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Melody</font></TD><TD>2.85 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>28/03/05</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Samuel</font></TD><TD>2.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Isabelle</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>02/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KraZy</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.01 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Adam</font></TD><TD>3.5 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayson</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.13 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Paige</font></TD><TD>2.44 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>05/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aaron</font></TD><TD>3.18 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD>3.67 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zavier</font></TD><TD>3.25 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Xavier</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carla_lily</TD><TD>17/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.9 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>25/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaeden</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Javier</font></TD><TD>3.16 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>21/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cloie</font></TD><TD>2.92 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD>3.27 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edie</font></TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>3.97 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweetbaby</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>01/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarissa</font></TD><TD>3.28 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clara</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sharon(debragoh)</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>06/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font></TD><TD>3.21 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>07/05/05</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Bryon</font></TD><TD>2.33 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>JuneTen</TD><TD>08/05/05</TD><TD>10/06/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>2.4 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Constance</font></TD><TD>3.37 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sandra</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jas03</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>27/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shauna</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>17/05/05</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.14 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.39 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn
new.gif
</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tricia</font></TD><TD>3.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sally</TD><TD>in progress</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yingting</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="ff0000">Missing Mummies, please update us if possible!!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmac</TD><TD>02/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tan(phobe)</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>??</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore,</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

wow... the thread is active... congrad... to those new mummies... welcome to the club... pls... carrying on with the breastfeeding as long as possible for the good of the bb... how i wish i'm still breastfeeding Gerald... well don know whether is it due to less milk from the mother.. Gerald is down with the Cough... though now he is recovering... but was very sad that i din able to give me milk... one thing Gerald is doing it very cute... whenever he is hungry and i'm in the mid of bottle feed him... he will try to find my breast and try to suck it... so i think most bb will still prefer mother than bottle... i belive if i still have milk he might still suck it...

LV,
Gerald birth cert does not have hanyupinyin... only his dialect and Gerald... with chinese chara.. hope it help...

krazy: that makes me hv second thots of ordering more liao... btw how many pax did you order n how many guests u hv? confused liao..

bloom: my cousin recommend me the full mth cake at this webby: http://www.creativebake.com.sg/ can check it out..too bad i've already order my cake at melrose, if not i will take up this instead.

cheers,
sharon

forgetmenot,

think dr yeong feels 2 year is a good age space. But he said we can still go ahead naturally if we want... I think I will prefer a 1+ year age gap if I can...

Gd Morn Ladies.

San: For the type of induce, u have to discuss carefully with ur doc, the insert is time-consuming but the drip is more effective only if cervix open fast. I rem reading jas03 birth process, her baby heartbeating dropping &amp; cervix open too slow so in the end c-section. Anyway gd luck to u! keep us updated. Wonder how is Sally doing?

hytten: Yup, my fren oso recommend me Medala. The sales girl told me to get single if i only plan to bf for short-term, if long term then get double unit. But heard dat the single can only use 2 times a day coz scared motor spoil, is it true? Me prob go buy today, will b seeing the lactation consultant later, c wat she says. Btw my bb still in hospital under observation for jaundice, so sad.

Hi Evelyn,
I be going for check up again this afternoon. I will check with my gynae more about this. I think he also will have to base on how many cm my cervix is open by now and has it already soften as well. Think Sally should have given birth by now.

hi blur,
There is only 2 for outpatient. Either Cynthia or Yen Ping. Cynthia is Yen Ping's boss. I always see yen ping. She is nice.

Evelyn: Sorry to hear about your baby, when can baby go home? Abt the single breastpump I don't believe you can only pump twice a day, it just doesn't make sense. A famous brand like Medela should know lactating mother need to pump every 2 to 3 hours a day

poohy,
oic......who noes maybe u will strike naturally leh.....

so now u do not need to go back n see him liao right?i'm gng back to see him again next wk.....

forgetmenot: quite true. the noiser the better :p hahahaha

Krazy: I've been bottling feeding my girl since 4 days old. She doesnt really have alot of problem switching from bottle to breast now (used to be in e beginning). But to avoid screwing up her 3hr feeding schedule, we try to avoid offering her my breast. So now I'm back to 100% EBM. Maybe u try other brand bottle? Ur girl might not like the shape of the teat of the bottle u offer her.

Tigger: Yes.. Expressing gives u more hassle. Every nite I'll have to wake up earlier to warm up the milk. THen after I fed her, I'll have to burp her (which sometimes takes 10mins), then put her back to bed then I express milk. After that gotta bring all the barang out to wash &amp; sterilise. Normally once I wakes up it'll be for like 1 hr or so.. already better now coz I've switched to using dual electric pump.. last time manual pump sometimes I'll be awake for like 1.5hrs.. can u imagine.. in like anotr 1hr+ I'll have to wake up and do the same old thing again.
sad.gif
I thot of going exclusive latching.. but everyone is pretty comfortable with her 3hrly feeding schedule... so no one wants to upset that. If I go back to latching.. we'll have to start all over again...
sad.gif

Dewdrops: I believe sling is better than BB bjorn coz u can carry BB in a cradle position with a sling but not with a BB bjorn. I believe Robinson's sell those MIM sling. I intend to get one. My fren is using (her BB going 9 mths).. she says it's very useful.

sharon:
i had 100 guests. but i ordered for 70. this is because my mum prepared other dishes like ginger duck, vinegar pig trotters and roast pork.

but then again, my guests stayed till around 9pm. (they came at 5 cuz i told them dinner starts at 6.) and many of them went for 2nd and 3rd helpings! (at least you know the quality of food is good. hahah)
they finished everything! a friend of ours had to pack fried rice and noodles for some of my guests who came at 830pm. (not too much food .. like 2 packs of rice and 2 packs of noodles)

lv:
the people doing the registration... they wont let you put your hanyu name if the spelling is the same. they didnt want my girl's hanyu name there then hubby pointed out to her that the spelling is different. then she relented. my hubby is hakka so the pronunication for dialet and hanyu is the same (or similar) so we put "lyn" for dialect and "lin" for hanyu.
as for the chinese characters, cuz my hubby's handwritting is darn ugly... we got her name done on a stamp. so he just chopped the cert.

sgmom:
wow.. thats very good of your girl. she can easily go from breast to bottle and back.
tried yesterday to give my girl water in the bottle... i am using avent bottles and teat 1. after some tries, she seemed to be able to suckle... slowly.. very slowly. but most of the time, she will play with the teat and bite down hard. hahah.

mummies:
you might be interested in these following events happening at expo this coming weeks.

MPH Book Sale
Free Admission
Hall 6B
28 May C 29 May (Saturday C Sunday)
9.00 a.m. C 9.00 p.m.

Motherhood 2005
Free Admission
Hall 5A
1 June C 5 June (Wednesday C Sunday)
12.00 noon C 10.00 p.m.

PC Show 2005
Free Admission
Hall 6
2 June C 5 June (Thursday C Sunday)
11.00 a.m. C 8.00 p.m.

Metro GSS Sale
Free Admission
Hall 5
23 June C 26 June (Thursday C Sunday)
10.30 a.m. C 10.00 p.m.

sgmom, when the CL is here, Keane does not have a problem with switching from bottle to breasts. But when CL left, I do not have much time to express and so latch him more often than b4. End up now he doesnt like to be bottlefed.

Is the dual electric pump good? As effective as the Avent manual one?

Krazy, I am also using Avent bottles, teat 2.

Back