(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Hi KC, never mind, just try my luck lor. Cos when my sister was 1cm dilated, he asked her to induce liao (2nd bb). Izzit? He very happy ah?? haahhha... he so cute leh.
Yah, I'll looking after them myself.

Hi Babyvon, thx for your reply.
happy.gif
Heard from my sister, quite painful/uncomfortable when they insert.

Hi Ibs,

My gynae said shld it be 3cm dilated, it'll be easier to bring abt the induce but then again, it's our choice.

Hi Joyce,

I guess at the last 2 weeks, the bb shldn't be growing anymore...tt's prob y ur gynae suggested to induce when ur sis was 1 cm dilated...Maybe he just doesn't want ur sis to go thru' too much anxiety waiting?

Yep! My gf told me it was pretty painful & uncomfy...tt's y i'm hoping i dun hv to go thru it.
uhoh.gif

Btw, any idea does gynae charge more if we choose to induce? Tink i better chk with my gynae ltr.

hi Lyn_Baby,
Congrats on your bb's arrival!!!
happy.gif
Rest and eat well too!

Hi Joyce,
You going for induction ah? All the best for your delivery!!! Rem to breath and relax in the delivery suite...

wow kenkuri>>
ur bb v. chubby lei... wat milk she is on? BF and FM..?? wat FM u giving her?? gee... my boy still not soo chubby lei...
ur bb really cutie...

Hi, happened to log into this thread by mistake, noticed some questions on waterbag bursting...
When waterbag bursts there'll be gushing of lots of fluid, can't mistake it.... Mine burst in the middle of the night, so the whole bed got wet. The leaking usually stops when you stand cos baby's head plugs it up, but will start again when you lie down....

Wishing all MTBs to be here a safe delivery!

thanks Girl. comforting to hear.

keruri, baby gwyneth has such a nice head of hair! was it something u ate during pregnancy?
happy.gif

wow lyn_baby! peifu! so fast and already up and about!

ha ha ha kekuri:
i just cant get enough of gwyneth lei...hahaah...
so much hair and eye balls so big.... like LONGANS!!! *envy* *envy*...
can Lucas befriend her...!!@@##!!@@

keruri!!!

baby Gwyneth soooooooooooooo cute! Look at her hair & eyes!!! Oh no..

well
Wow, u so fast huhh...chop for baby Lucas liao..
wink.gif

Can I join the queue for my coming soon baby too??!!
lol.gif

Hi Joyce, I just got back from the hospital where the doc briefed me on the induction process
happy.gif
they will insert a tablet into the vagina to 'ripen' your cervix. For my case, it will be done the nite b4 the actual induction. This will start the 'show' and also some dilation. Some people have natural contractions after this. The next morning, I have to go to the hospital at about 8am and they will put me on drip. This will speed up the contractions. At times, the doc might also burst the waterbag to induce labour if the drip does not work well after several hours. Hope this helps. I will be induced on 3/3.. exactly 14 days from now. I will go to hospital in the evening of 2nd Mar to insert the tablet.

friesbandit, you might want to observe the leakage for a while. Sometimes, the waterbag might not burst and you just release the water bit by bit.

Keruri, your little gal is so cute!
happy.gif
Congrats!!

A little update on myself- my baby is now 2.5kg, right on track and I put on 800g (of which 500g goes to the baby) I told my gynae that I experienced some shooting pains near my groin area and she says that is the baby getting engaged. There is hope that I might deliver before my planned induced date.. Doc says anytime after 37 weeks is considered full term liao. So I am hoping and praying that she will decide to come natuarally!

folic

Hi folic, hope ur baby decides to come naturally too! u sure are controlling ur GD v well! ur baby 2.5kg and we're due on same day, mine already 2.9kg.

thanks for info on leakage...am trying not to worry abt it. no contractions nothing. assume it was just discharge or pee (gross!).

Hi keruri,
baby Gwyneth has lovely cheeks and a full head of hair. mei mei...

Lyn_baby,
rest more!!!

Hi Elle,
thanks for the update on the leave thing. can't imagine that we have to stay at home for four weeks... 1 week before edd is good enough for me...

Hi well,
not too sure abt self-employed moms for claims. =)

Joyce,
remember to update us tomorrow on your checkup!
happy.gif

KC, hehehe. our babies are growing well 2.9kg @ 36 weeks! glad ur checkup went well!
happy.gif

folic,
thanks for sharing on inducing. Your baby's engaged! tat's good news and yup, probably baby will deliver earlier than normal. Mine still refused to be engaged even tho his head is already down. My noti boy...

lbs,
poor gal! anyone can help u to massage?

wow, so many cute babies here!! just a reminder to all mom to be if you take photo for your newborn. DONT use flash light! According to my colleague (he is a photography proferssional), flash will hurt baby's eyes and vision.

preferably to bring the baby close to brighter place then only take photo for him/her
happy.gif

friedbandit, sometimes, when leaking happens, it can go on for days before any contractions happen,that's why I ask you to monitor. And yes, I am very proud of my GD control
happy.gif
Cos,even my doc praised me today, says want to show her hubby who is diabetic and refuse to exercise. I managed to bring down my sugar level by walking at least 30 mins after lunch/dinner.
happy.gif

folic

by the way, what is the feeling of contraction? is it similiar to mentrual cramp? I on and off feel that lower abdominal very tight, like menstrual cramp. or this is the syndrome of braxton hicks only?

can anyone advise? Thanks.

hi bluebell, i read that there are 2 kinds of contractions. the back contractions involve a lower backache, which moves forward round to the front. the other kind is the front contractions, which is centred about the middle of your lower abs. if my last few contractions were anything to go by, they feel v intense/sharp in the middle of the lower abs and last for abt 0.5 to 1 minute. braxton hicks are just a painless contraction/hardening of the uterus. hope this helps.

Hi all
happy.gif

My mission failed!! My cervix not even <font size="+2">0.001 cm</font> dilated...* sian* And partly because I had c-section before, my gynae discourage me to have induce labour. So I'll be having another cervix check next Thurs. If still not dilated, gynae may consider c-section liao.
sad.gif

And... now my baby weighing 3.3kg at 38th week. So doctor told me that estimated born weight will be ard 3.6 - 3.7kg.
uhoh.gif

242137.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
242141.gif
</blink></font></font>

242138.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 17-Feb</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27-Feb</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

242139.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28/01</TD><TD>29/01</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>03/02</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>30/01</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>04/02</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg
new.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

242140.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

Hi Joyce,
Try to relax ok? Must be positive!
happy.gif

Hi lbs,
haha! Ur false alarm very funny leh...can fall asleep somemore...sure not the real thing!
biggrin.gif

Hi Keruri,
Congrats! Such a sweet little girl with soo much hair!
happy.gif

Hi Lyn_Baby,
WOW! U "recover" very fast leh...so fast got mood to come into forum liao?! R u BF?

Hi Folic,
Glad that ur GD is well-controlled!

Tomorrow will be my check-up...hope everything's well on track!
wink.gif

wow
saw another pop mummy! Congrats cheese~~
hmm..she overtook most of us ler!

Hi Joyce
ar...if not dilated your gynae may consider c-section ar? Hopefully your cervix kuai-kuai dilate by itself before your next checkup!
happy.gif

Hi omg
yeap..initially the pain was really persistent &amp; I cant sleep at all..wake up to walk arnd the house,still cannot..lie down also cannot...so, in the end while I was doing the timing, hubby massaged my back...maybe too comfortable liao...hahaha....

HI GALS<>>>
to those who havent pop... must be v. anxious and "jing zhang" rite!!! pray pray for u all!!!

Congrats CHEESE...!!!

btw,
just an update of one of my conquests today!!! I finally showered and washed my hair!!!hahaha.... tiny must be laughing her head off if u see this cos u long long ago shower shower till dun want to shower liao hor!!!
today, i really buay tahan and asked my SIL to buy a packet of the herb, boil it and brought the water to the bathroom to bathe... however, the water is tooooo hot, and i add some instant water into it..... i think strictly speaking should not add water into them.... but i finally release my self from all the culture and belief and heck care liao...............WOW , now i feel so CLEAN , so SHIOK.... later BF Lucas also more enjoy!!!
Somemore, i still on the air-con .... wow...today is the first time i enjoy my confinement lei
250523.gif

Congrats to Cheese!.. Hope that she cld come in soon to share with us her experience..

Hi! Lyn_baby,

U r so lucky.. it sounded that your labour was a relax and smooth one.. Have you update us on your birth story?.. Or perhaps i've missed it..
Take care and welcome in more often okie
happy.gif

Hello.. Kristen,

For Rose massage they come to your house one or ?
It seems like most people who engage malay massage tend to slim down leh.. not only my fren, my neighbour who gave birth to twins last year also slim down alot!
As for my fren, i know that she took 7 sessions 1st then later extend another few sessions again.. Never mind lah.. since u've already paid Rose for the package go for it.. i'm sure they are as good since so many people book with them.. But i just dun like the idea of travelling to the spa (if needed) i prefer to stay at home wait for people to come my house.. heehee..

No i won't be going for single bed..i rather save the $ to buy tonics heehee.. I'm very chatty person.. at least for two bed i can talk to the person beside me.. and also i dun want my hubby to waste his leave accompany me jus for a few days..
U also got sign up cordlife right?

By the way, when is your EDD? how come didnt see your name in the EDD list?

Congratulates to Cheese! She is almost 1 mth early from her EDD!

Joyce, wow yr BB will be rather big on 40 weeks! I think that's why JT suggest C-section. Dont think too much lah...maybe yr BB decides to come out in the next couple of days.

Hello girls,

Do you feel any feeling like menstrual cramp at your lower abdominal consistently? I have this pain since last evening and till now but I can still baby's strong movement.

Why like that?? Gynae said my baby's head is not engaged yet leh. If baby's head not going to engage yet which means that I am not prepared to deliver yet, right?? But I am in pain leh, pestered by this cramp feeling
sad.gif

Bluebell, my gynae says that if you feel pain in the lower abdominal area/groin area, it means that the baby is trying to get engaged. So that could be the pain that you are feeling right now.

folic

Good morning to all
happy.gif

Hi lbs, as long my bb is healthy, I dun mind it's normal or c-section delivery.
happy.gif

Hi KC, the size still ok lah... in fact my target is 3.9 - 4 kg... haha. My first baby weighed 3.9 kg.

242137.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
242141.gif
</blink></font></font>

242138.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 17-Feb</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27-Feb</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>1-Mar</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

242139.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28/01</TD><TD>29/01</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>03/02</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>30/01</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14/02</TD><TD>02/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>05/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>04/02</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24/02</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Nayli</TD><TD>3.160kg
new.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27/02</TD><TD>15/02</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15/03</TD><TD>17/02</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2.620kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

242140.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

hi bluebell, folic is right, i think your baby is starting to position herself to get ready for the journey into the world! how exciting!!

just to update you mothers, and some advice...my baby seemed to show signs of colic on Wed &amp; Thur night. she was fussing the whole night after waking up for her usual night feed at 2 plus, and wouldn't sleep all the way till 6 plus. it was really tiring, esp since she was ok for the 1st 2 weeks. i really didn't know what to do. i know she wasn't hungry cos her cries were different from her usual hunger cry. she wasn't dirty either cos i'd just change her diapers. i've been reading up a bit on colic so i knew that feeding her is not a good option. she is not hungry but will suck upon reflex but it's not the right way to deal with it. so yesterday i spoke to a friend whose baby had colic, and she advised me to get some gripe water and wind drops (infacol). i went to the pharmacy yesterday to get it and last night, after her usual night feed at 10.45pm i gave her 2 small drops of gripe water. And last night she was back to her angelic self - woke up for feeds at 2.30am and 6.30am again! And no crying in between. after the 2.30am feed, she was awake for a while but played by herself in the cot and went back to sleep after a while.

Whether or not it was really the gripe water which worked last night, it helps relief wind anyway, which is a good thing cos she doesn't burp much even when i burp her after meals. so perhaps she can't get the wind out and gripe water helped provide some relief for her to sleep better.

Any of you tried it too?

15th Feb
As usual wake up at 610am but dont know why I feel so tiring and sleepy so I sleep again wake up at 612am go toilet then realize show <blood>..
I happily ask hubby to wake up and tell him that Bao Bei going to come out. He jump up from bed and get really my bag n prepare milo,2 eggs and chicken essence while I go bath n wash my hair. We reach KKH at 720am and so coincidence saw John Tee and he do a cervix check for me and told me that I was 3cm dilated ask me to go delivery suite now.

0720 Reach KKH, cervix check 3cm dilated
0800 Reach delivery suite and get change
0805 Break water bag
0820 Drip for hydration
1100 5cm dilation and cervix is thick as I am tensed up due to the contraction so my
dilation is not so good.
1105 Cant withstand the pain so ask for epidural
1120 Epidural was done perfectly, John Tee told me that I am lucky the guy who done
the epidural for me is the best there.
1300 8cm dilated
1400 10cm mid wife say that wait till 1500 cos bb head is not low enough to push
1500 Start to push
1525 John Tee reach
1530 My princess is born

lbs, soon liao lah... if it's not this week, then it'll be next week, if still dun want come out, then it'll be next next week.
rofl.gif

And I've already gave up liao, I'll let my bb decide when to come out liao. Dun wanna think so much. *Sian* (but make sure he kick/move lah... or else it's me will decide to *force* him to come out liao)
biggrin.gif

folic and tiny,

thanks for the explanation. so relieve now!! Never known that the process of engagement is so long and painful... phew.

i am going for ultrasound scan tomorrow, hopefully the gynae will tell me that baby's head has engaged
happy.gif

hi Lyn Baby
wow..u lucky gal..what a short delivery...
happy.gif

hi Joyce
ya lor...I think the more anxious we get, it will be more 'agonising' wait hor...but, still...sigh~

btw, Lyn baby

Does it mean you admitted to hospital when you saw the show? Or you also experience regular contractions before deciding to head to hospital?

Hi! Lyn_baby,

is it true that after having the epidural, no pain at all ah? They say when BB's head is crowning at your cervix cld still feel the pain.

They say with epidural, labour process cld be lengthen cos not able to know when to push.. but for your case seems like very fast leh..
U r lucky !
happy.gif

Must share with us your BB's picture with us okie.
Since we stay so near(sembawang right?).. mayb after i've given birth we can meet each other for kopi at coffee bean liao..

Hi Elle,
Rose will go to our house for massage..so not that bad lar..dun have to travel around during confinement.
I haven't signed up for cordlife yet..have u? still thinking whether want to do it or not. Maybe during my next visit with Dr Ang, I will ask him again.
My EDD is 25th March. Still a while to go but getting excited reading stories the new mothers have posted.

Lyn_baby, congrats on ur smooth delivery. U also stay in sembawang? maybe we should have bumped into each other including elle coz have seen so many pregnant mummies around in sembawang hehehhe

Hi all,
Nowadays always feel my bb having hiccups..Think should be hiccups coz it's constant 'tapping' on my left hand side nearer to my pelvis. His head should be there. Feel he so poor thing everytime having hiccups. Should be ok right?

hi elle,
actually it's not really true that with epidural you can't feel anything. you can feel the contraction still, but there's no physical pain, just a discomfort down there, like you are constipated and need to shit badly but a huge piece stuck down there!! sorry so crude, but it really felt like that...hahah.a... so actually you can feel a contraction coming, and then you will be able to push when it happens. besides, the midwife will guide you along, cos they can also see from the monitor when your contractions are.

kristen, don't worry abt the hiccups. it happened a lot during my pregnancy, and now that baby has arrived, it's still happening!!
happy.gif
and she seems so used to it, must be all the practice in the womb!

hi all

finally got time to update on my delivery

5 Feb ( Sat)

5am- First Contraction pain felt. Semi-sleeping mode.

6am- 7am- Feel contractions again. Started to time. once in 15 mins.

7am-8am: Once in 10 mins. Pink stains on panty.

8am- Contractions every 5 mins. Wake up hubby to go buy MacDonalds breakfast. Go toilet wipe got long thick bloody sticky stuff, looks like cervical mucous plug. Called my brother to get ready to drive me to hospital in 1 hr's time.
Started to chk hospital bag.

8.30am- Called clinic. nurse says to come down immediately. Ate my Sausage macmuffin b/fast and drank the coconut from fridge bought 2 days ago. Pain still bearable.

9am- Get ready to go. Used deep breathing for contractions pains every 5 mins.

9.30am- Reached TMC. Chked 3cm dilation. gynae estimated will deliver ard 6-7pm. ready to admit.

10am- Admit labour ward. Put on drip. Midwife says gynae will come break water bag later.

10am-11am- Happily sms my friends in between contractions to distract myself from the wait and pain. Hubby playing with laughing gas to self-entertain.

11am- Contractions getting intense and now 4 mins apart. Stil sms-ing away. tryig to Tahan the pain but planning to ask for pethidine injection at 1pm..cos told it will last for abt 4 hrs.

12pm- Water bag self-bursts. Great pains. Crying already.

12-1pm: Nurse says no need for injection,juz use the gas will do, cos baby coming out soon. Get ready to push. Moaning turned to screaming. Hubby covers my screaming mouth with gas mask. Nearly knocked out by gas..

1pm: 2midwives, gynae getting ready, together with hubby, all asked me to push. Severe backache and pains! baby's hair can be seen.

1.26pm- Baby Jovan is born naturally.

hi tiny>>
u mean ur BB also having v. regular hiccups... ? so do u give her drink warm water or pat her....? or u left her there to hiccup till stop.... geee...
cos i wana know how other mommies deal with hiccups...

Hi Litebreeze
Thks for sharing..
happy.gif

actually, urs consider a really short labour ler..from contractions start till baby Jovan born..hope I can be like you when is my turn...

can imagine the 'scene' in the labour ward, with 2 midwives, gynae &amp; your hubby all asking you to push, push...hahahaa..must be rather chaotic, huhh?
wink.gif

hi well,
i just let my baby hiccup. at most just carry him to sooth him. I don't give him any water at all since he is totally breast fed.

Back