(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Hi all
happy.gif

lyn_baby went into labour this morning, let's wish her a smooth delivery! Wonder when is my turn leh.. keke..
biggrin.gif

Btw, will go for my checkup on this Thurs.

hey girls

so many postings in the last few days...

my cervix only opened 0.5cm from check up yesterday. was on CTG monitoring and is already having regular mild contractions. doc says maybe these few days. but then again, some pple's contractions go off after a while. still can feel the contractions now but they are really mild..... so dunno if it will be these few days or not.

Wow snowpooher & jannie,

Both are u will be delivering soon... cervix dilated should be these few days. So excited...can see your little darling soon.

All the best and have a smooth & fast delivery.

Hey Jannie, you still here, keke... thot you go popping liao. So how, did your gynae mention to you that you may need inducing labour?

Hi to those working MTBs,

Are u taking leave earlier before yr EDD or work till the last day? It seems most of those who have popped are earlier than the EDD.

Joyce,
Received yr sms liao! btw, will John Tee check yr cervix this Thurs? hehe, i will be seeing him tomorrow nite.

wow..another mummy soon..
happy.gif

alamak Joyce, I also tot you go labour liao ler...
I am having some mild cramp & backaches for the past 10 mins..is this contractions?
uhoh.gif

Hi jannie
aiyo...been wondering where you are?? getting excited??
happy.gif

hey joyce, she did give me the option. but she also say i have abt 1.5 weeks to EDD, so still got time to play ard loh. so she suggest to wait and let nature takes its course.... i think if by next monday still no sign, maybe she will ask me to induce. but i have the urge to poo very frequently now..... my MIL say it's a sign liao.

actually, i m surprise if snowpooher is already dilating, how come still need to induce? isn't it better to just let her go into labour naturally???

lbs, not excited or nervous leh.... just wondering when the actual pain will come.... so now just sitting ard... wondering if i should go for a walk, etc. had quite bad lower back ache just now. tot it's abt time. but after the pain went off, did not come back leh... so it is prob false alarm??? husband is still arranging for dinners with frens together with me these few days.... say cannot just sit ard wait and do nothing...
happy.gif

i wonder if i m one of the lucky few who will not experience excruciating pain during labour? my cousin is one of them.. all 3 labours no pain.... just crampy feeling...

249543.jpg

Here's my baby boy Jovan Koh.
Born naturally without epidural on 5 Feb at TMC.
Contractions started at 5am, bearable until 10am. Admitted labour ward 10am with 3cm dilation, delivered at 1.26pm.
today is my EDD, but Jovan is now 10 days old.

Very tired, hardly rest, good luck to all who have yet to pop!

hi jannie
yea lor, everytime when I feel crampy with backaches, I tot might be time liao...then the pain went off too...~sigh~

I am seeing my gynae tomorrow & think she is going to do the CTG for me...let's see how after the test...

Jannie, Oh I see... let's pray hard that you won't need a induce labour.

Hi KC, yeah. JT will check on my cervix... hope it's already dilated and can see my lil' baby soon.

Hi lbs, I wished leh... but no signs, how? Except for some backpains/ache and pooing feeling. Btw, when's your next checkup?

Hey litebreeze, your lil' prince is sleeping so soundly... so cute!
happy.gif

Hi Litebreeze,
Little Jovan is so adorable.. sleeping so soundly
happy.gif
Your labour so short hor... Wish I can be like you.

Hi all
The popping list is getting longer each day. My turn is coming soon too.. getting more and more excited. Hope I won't garang garbo when THE DAY comes.
lame.gif

Thanks to all mums for sharing their birth stories, breastfeeding experiences, etc.

Hi Snowpooher,
Your gynae is Dr Ang? At 37 weeks, ur bb is 3.2kg? Mine already 2.2kg at 32 weeks ler...Dr Ang also said big..Make me so stress....don't dare to eat too much but have to eat ler..been eating normal serving but more than what i ate b4 pregnancy. Anyway, i think it is coz he doesn't advocate the usage of epidural or caesarian. He prefers people to have natural birth, so bb cannot be too big. That's what my GP told me. She used to be Dr Ang's student. Anyway, your bb size should be ok lar...won't be that accurate until bb comes out..it will be anytime soon right?

The cervic test so scary ar? Hmm..wonder when I will have mine..my next checkup is when i am week 36

wow litebreeze..little Jovan so adorable!!
happy.gif

Hi joyce
me too! me too! except for all those mentioned by you..still no sign...my apptmt tomorrow...going to do CTG liao...

Hi Joyce,
your turn soon!
happy.gif

my 36th week appt tonite!

Litebreeze,
Jovan is sleeping so soundly... he looks so cuddly... jia you ok!

Hi KC,
i will be taking leave the week before my due date. should have enough leave to apply. don't want to work till edd...hehehe

KC,

I am thinking to take leave only 2 days before EDD. Prefer to reserve more leaves to get along with my little princess after gave birth
happy.gif
Moreover, my gynae prefer me to work than rest at home coz she said I will hu2 si1 luan4 xiang3 if I have nothing to do at home :p

By the way, went to see gynae yesterday and she said baby's head has turned but not engaged yet although she is at her 37 weeks already. But she said it can be laboured naturally (not C-section)even though baby's head not engaged yet. what does it mean?

And also, my baby's face turn to the other side leh (facing back), which means that we cant see her face through the monitor when doing the ultrasound scanning. Is this the normal position? I watched the documentary of delivery and realised that baby is facing down when came out from vaginal.

Hi gals,

looks like a lot of excitement going on here!
happy.gif
Hope everyone had a great CNY!

Bluebell, your baby's position is a good one.. If you have the face upwards, it will be more painful during labour (backpain).

Elle,I also having itchy belly now! Really difficult to tahan! but I guess the only solution is to tahan! I find that if I wear below belly type of pants or dresses, it is less itchy. maybe you can try.

folic

Hi Joyce,
shower u with all the luck u need! and will be praying for u!
happy.gif

hi bluebell,
my last check with gynae two weeks ago, baby's head is down but not engaged and facing back... gynae say good position too, nothing to worry abt. will see how my noti boy is doing tonight. will let u know when i check with gynae if i can...

hey girls, pray for me too!!! i hope that my bb can come out today or tmrw.... really hate the feeling of anticipation.......

Thx scarydoggie!!

Yah Jannie, hate the feeling of anticipation!! But at least you know you're 0.5 - 1cm dilated liao.. me have to wait till to thurs then can know.

Hi ladies!
happy.gif

Hi Litebreeze,
Congrats! Baby Jovan looks soo contented in his sleep
happy.gif
& ur labour sounds very fast & smooth..hope mine will be as well!
wink.gif

Hi Joyce & Jannie,
Dun so ganjiong! Baby will come out when he/she wants to
biggrin.gif
Hope u'll have a smooth delivery to healthy babies!
happy.gif

Hi KC & Bluebell,
I'll start my maternity leave ~1 wk b4 EDD. Dun wanna wait anxiously. Anyway my workplace is nearer to KKH than my home & it's very safe..can hitch a ride on an ambulance to KKH or can deliver at workplace if need be
lol.gif

Hope Lyn_Baby has a smooth delivery & a healthy baby!
happy.gif

hi stephie>>
nay, my 1st child, i used cordlife... but this time round, i used stemcord...
u can ask doll... she is using cordlife...

hi lbs...>>
i fine... still alive!!

hey gals>>
i just got this massage lady Nur !!! 2hr massage plus bind for $45!! I FEEL SO FRESH and energetic NOW!!! great feeling!!
but still tired... will go sleep soonn..

lyn_baby gog into labor liao?!?! Wish her all well and smooth and fast delivery!!!
geez,,, another MTB delivering earlier than their EDD... i think is a trend here now... earlier delivery...
so MTBs gog to pop...get Ready loh!!

wow litebreeze>>
your bb boy is so adorable and looks grown up lei... not like newborn loh.... how heavy when he is born?...

wow fatmtb>>
So eArLy!!! u at work liao???
Nisah 67897448, $400 10x,1hr,lemongrass oil,wrap change everyday,3days after normal delivery (package only for post-natal,normal/pre-natal=$50/1hr)

Sharifah,91085439,$35,1x,45mins-1hr,lavendar & lemon oil,wrap change everyday,last day use own wrap (only do post-natal)
Asnan,90048924,$370,10x,45mins,use her oil,wrap no change everyday, last day use own wrap (package only for post-natal,normal/pre-natal=$40/45mins)
Zu,98804301,$390,10x,45mins,use her oil,wrap no change everyday, last day use own wrap (package only for post-natal,normal/pre-natal=$40/45mins)
Nur,90048804,$45,1 session,2hr,good (I am using her)..

Hi well,
Oops..paiseh, remember wrongly liao. Thanks for pointing out
lame.gif

Hi doll,
Did you have any referral when you sign up with cordlife? What's the enrolment procedure and the mode of payment like? Can we pay using credit card?

Good morning to all
happy.gif

I have recieved a sms from lyn_baby. She have given birth to her lil' princess yesterday afternoon, weighing 3.240kg.

Hi ohmigosh, what to do besides waiting?
biggrin.gif

242137.gif
<font color="ff6000"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><blink><u><font size="+1">Congrats to all our Mommies to be in 2005!!</font></u>
242141.gif
</blink></font></font>

242138.gif
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color="0000ff">Updated as @ wk 16-Feb</font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jannie</TD><TD>24-Feb-05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qdee</TD><TD>24-Feb-05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyvon</TD><TD>27-Feb-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>1-Mar-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephie</TD><TD>1-Mar-05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>2-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowpooher</TD><TD>7-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doll</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laugh</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Seiko</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenn</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluebell</TD><TD>8-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>14-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scarydoggie</TD><TD>14-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese</TD><TD>15-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>17-Mar-05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Folic</TD><TD>18-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Friesbandit</TD><TD>18-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>19-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ohmigosh</TD><TD>20-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fatmtb</TD><TD>22-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Butterscotch</TD><TD>25-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnygal</TD><TD>27-Mar-05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olivetree</TD><TD>29-Mar-05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</td></tr></table></font>

242139.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Popped*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font><font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Pop Date</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Baby's weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBuns</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Marcus</TD><TD>2.405kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steamboat</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>03-Feb</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.300kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny</TD><TD>5-Feb</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Baby Emma</TD><TD>2.775kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Keruri</TD><TD>12-Feb</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Gwyneth</TD><TD>3.280kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babygrace</TD><TD>14-Feb</TD><TD>02-Feb</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Baby Joshua Kyle</TD><TD>2.410kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Litebreeze</TD><TD>15-Feb</TD><TD>05-Feb</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Baby Jovan</TD><TD>3.005kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Well</TD><TD>17-Feb</TD><TD>04-Feb</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD>Baby Lucas</TD><TD>2.795kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lyn_baby</TD><TD>27-Feb</TD><TD>15-Feb</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3.240kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font>

242140.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="119911"><font face="Trebuchet MS">*~*~*~*~*~*MIA*~*~*~*~*~*</font></font></font>
<font face="Trebuchet MS"><table border=1><tr><td>UserName</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>14-Feb-05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vig</TD><TD>17-Feb-05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Skinnyma</TD><TD>6-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lilac</TD><TD>9-Mar-05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>-- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee-Tung</TD><TD>23-Mar-05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></font></font>

Hi Stephie

I also signed up with cordlife just a week back. I do not really have a referral but was highly recommended by my gynae.

What I do is give them a call (62380808) &amp; if you only want information, they can mail out to you but if you confirm signing up already, can get their sales person to come to your place with all the documentations as well as the collection kit for you to bring together to hospital too. My sales rep is Gwen..She is a real nice lady...
happy.gif

There are 3 payment schemes, basically something like if you pay less now, you end up paying more in total..so i choose the one time payment $1100 (+5%GST) for registration/processing &amp; storage for the first year..subsequently will be pegged at $250/per year until the 5th year before any new fees being reviewed.

Btw, we paid by credit card..Mummy is the 'owner' of bb's cord blood until he/she turns 21
happy.gif
but the agreement still need to be signed by both mummy &amp; daddy. Not sure if it is ok for hubby to sign later...
Hope this helps...
happy.gif

hey girls, i am seriously considering to go to hospital soon leh.... my contractions are getting a little painful and seems like they are not really going off.... how huh??? when i am up and about, the pain is not that bad.... but when i lie down, they are quite painful, but can tahan kind... how how?? new mothers pls advise!!!

hi jannie
are you timing the contrcations? Is it regular?? Maybe give your gynae a call??

Ohh..i am getting excited for you liao....
249837.gif

hi jannie, i read somewhere that if u think it's real labour, try not to lie down...coz u might stop or prolong labour. it's best to walk around, with rest in between. and wait till time between end of last contraction and next contraction is about 5-8 mins. so exciting!

Hi lbs
Thanks so much for the info. It's very useful
happy.gif
. Gotta settle this quick cos my EDD is getting nearer and nearer liao. Sorry, one more question, we have to pay when we meet up with the staff to sign the agreement or only later when the cord blood is collected?

Hi Stephie

haha..was abt to log off liao..

Yups, gotto pay when we sign up.. In cases if cord blood not collected due to complications or whatsoever, full refund will be given...but if they have collected &amp; found the cord blood not suitable for banking...then will keep $500 (as their processing fees) &amp; refund the balance.

yups, you better settle this soon cos if last min sign up when you happen to be in labour (they can as well), I think got extra charge lor..
ok...really gotto ciao now...

tok to you later...
happy.gif

Hi! lbs,

Thanks for your info! I really dunno what GBS stands for.. But u think is consider a kinda infection? My gyne didnt talk much abt it leh.. he sounded like not very important for concern.. What did your gyne say abt it? Har? Must put on drip one ah?.. How come ah?
I also not sure whether BB engage cos my gyne didnt do cervix check on me. At least you started to work from home me still travelling to work daily.. really got phobia if all of a sudden need to rush to hospital..

Hi! Kristen,

Long time no hear from you.. glad to know that you r doing well..
Yup, Dr ang discourages epidural .. you know him lah..very good in helping patient to save $.. and also did highlight to me abt the side effects.. Mayb thats why to play safe he wld try to control your BB's weight.. I talked to my fren who engage Dr Ang service for her 1st BB, she said Dr. Ang scanning machine not so accurate in BB's weight.. that time he told her that her BB weighs 2.8kg when reaching due.. but then when BB comes out is actually 3.2kg! I ever ask Dr. Ang abt the accuracy of weight but he told me at most the error is +/-200grams.

Hi! Bluebell,

Not to worry, although u r not able to see your BB's face through the scan, the position that your BB's is facing is the ideal position for delivery
happy.gif

Hi! Joyce,

Very soon you wld see your BB .. start to count down ya.. but dun gan cheong.. you r an experienced mummy liao.. many of us here are even more gan cheong than you leh.. Wish you good luck and keep us update ya!

Hi! Gals,

I'm surprise to hear from my HR saying that in actual fact labour law states that we've gotta take maternity leave one month b4 and one month after EDD. U gals heard abt it?
I feel that this 'rule' is pretty ridiculous leh.. whats the point of staying at home for 1month b4 delivery?..
My HR even said "oh you dunno meh.. all along our company has been very flexible thats why allow employees to take mat leave from EDD.." Alamak sounded as if company so wei-da but in fact most company practise that wat.. and this is the 1st time i heard abt this 1mth b4 and 1mth after 'rule'..

Congratulates to Lyn_Baby! Hope to hear your birth story soon.

Scarydoggie, Bluebell, I am planning to take 1 week leave prior to my EDD. Crossing my finger that my BB dont come out too soon.

Elle, Take mat. leave 1 month b4 EDD, then what to do for the 1 month? Maybe u can check on the website on labour law to see whether it is compulsory. What I think is maybe the 1 mth b4 and 1mth after 'rule' is not compulsory but if any MTBs want to take, the company cannot restrict on it.

Hi jannie/lbs/snowpooher and all moms ready to pop, will pray for your smooth deliveries!

Hi joyce,
baby's head down already but not engaged yet. did culture test yesterday. very uncomfortable. can't imagine when he checks cervix. at 36 weeks, my little one is now 2.9kg.
happy.gif

hi elle,
not too sure about actual law. long time since i studied employment law, if i'm not wrong, two methods of taking maternity, one is the one u mentioned, one before and one after edd. the other one is two mths after edd (b4 3rd mth was introduced). not tat coy is flexible, but it's up to the coy whichever method they prefer to adopt for themselves. they have option to choose either method tat is applicable to whole organisation if i'm not wrong.

the only thing is that if doc gives u mc before acutal delivery date (with no gap btw mc and actual delivery date), coy have the right to state tat u started ur ML from the start date of your mc and count 2 mths from there for ML. hope this helps a little.

Hey Jannie, where are you now?? Heading to KKH liao? wahhh... very exciting leh...
bounce.gif

Hi Elle, arghhh.... I can't wait liao, haahhaa
lol.gif

Hey scarydoggie, your baby weighed the same as mine... 2.9kg at 36th week.
happy.gif
And wonder he would be how heavy already for tml checkup?
uhoh.gif

jannie, time your contractions quick!! if it's real labour it's really quite 'zun' one!! how exciting. wishing u a safe &amp; smooth delivery!

congrats lyn_baby! share with us when u get back.

well, no i don't have a confinement lady. i'm staying with my mum in law for these initial mths. she was a trained midwife in her nursing days. but my family not traditional kind lah. so i've already been going out (in between feeds sometimes!) and took a shower the morning after my delivery. since i came home, have been showering twice a day. my gynae doesn't think there's anything wrong with that either...for an elderly and experienced man like him i trust him fully! anyway i just feel so uncomfortable if i don't and esp since i'm breastfeeding and always feeling hot &amp; sticky!

Jannie... maybe heading to the hospital liao. All the best &amp; jia you!

Joyce, oh Lyn_baby also JT yeah? Dunno paiseh or not hor..delivered by a male gynae?? I still have a little reserved on this. But dont care lah, since he is very experienced. How abt u?

Scarydoggie, just discovered we have the same EDD. Mine BB engaged two weeks ago... tonight going to check with my gynae on the progress...

Back