(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

US brands,

maybe its because I am so near a factory outlet mall and 1hr drive away from another factory outlet mall. somemore summer weather so hot have to hide in the shopping malls.

my boys clothes are usually on the <= $3 racks and my clothes are usually on the 80-90% off racks.

I still find it funny that people (including my BIL) are willing to pay so much for US brands. especially when some sprees exchange rate is so much higher than the bank exchange rate.

think the only US brands I still like is Clarks and Coach.

Timberlannd, Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Burberry, TUM, Levis already see until bored.

Reading,

WW is "reading" by sight words. he basically memorise those words he like and than when he spots those words in his story books he just point to it and "read"

hubby helping with discipline?

my hubby still expect me to be the one to discipline even if he is at home. anyone else have this problem? If I remind him that he needs to help discipline too, he will do for few evenings than forget again.

Rochelle,
Ahgirl *just* got some sightwords and can figure the easier words phonetically. But no progress lately lah, not enough time in the day, hahaha. Ath din get it for the longest time, til I actually went and bought an assessmt book! Her memory not very gd for such stuff lah, normal read-from-book, read THE END zillion times still din recognise THE. I mean she will recognise the STORYLINE but not link to each word. Until flashcard "THE". LOL! No idea what kinda "pattern" Ahboy will be, when his time comes- now still only reinforcing alphabet recognition and single sounds.

HB not around some evenings... hah. Oh well, at least I can go lunch with him later with 1 of the kids.

pawprint,

hubby will be out of town next week, silly thing is boys behave better when he is out of town.

WW also can figure how to pronounce the words phonetically for easy words. but he recognise words like "stop" "car" "train" "thomas" "truck" from memory

I spend 1hr a day reading with my boys. sometimes is 1hr stretch, sometimes is 2 x 30mins. if hubby good mood he will read storybooks to them for 30mins.

I use storybooks that have 1-2 sentence per page. than WW can pick up more sight words. if > 2 sentence per page, he rather tell the story himself than let me read.

hello

just polling... i have a boy and a girl and my friend told me that I should not bathe them together. at what age do you mummies think that they should not bathe together? Gosh I have been doing that for some time!

gabby,

I think 3. my older boy who is 3 already can blah about difference between girl and boy body parts. so now we close toilet door. last time will leave a gap in case my boys hurt themselves

both kiddos shower together- easier, they sit down on plastic chairs next to each other and try to soap themselves. Think it's fine at 4yr/ 2yr... I don't have cut-off age... will determine when it shld stop, when i start feeling it inappropriate.

gabby, pawprint,

in Japan families bath together. so really depends on what is a comfortable age. my boys bath together. only close toilet door when me or hubby using

Anyone has kids doing lessons in Yamaha? Any reviews/feedback/comments to share with me? I am looking at their keyboard class.
happy.gif

gabby, I will probably stop bathing the kids together when either of them feels uncomfortable doing so.

berry, rochelle &amp; pawprint

thanks for feedback.... I think I will go with the flow of things instead of imposing an age then!

berry
My neighbour is... so impressed as they even produce a dvd for the child to follow!

WHO WANNA GO WITH US?

Today Newspaper Pg 8- Wild Wild Wet Cut-out Coupon!
$4/ child; $8/ adult- maximum purchase of 4 tix with each newspaper coupon!
Valid 1-31 Aug (closed Tue except Sch Hol/ PH).

Yuru, hehe wow. Eh, C still in Yamaha Bebe Ballet at Parkway?

I got problem leh! Ahgal graduating to Classical Ballet but the ONLY timeslot offered is Sun! Bad for us! If take a break wait for next intake in Jan... they can't tell me whether it's gonna be a wkend slot! I think I need to check around other locations for wkday slot... so troublesome.

*******WWW- anyone going on Sun morn?
happy.gif

WWW was fun! If ur kids enjoy water dumped over their heads, shooting waterguns at others and going down slides- they'd probably enjoy it
happy.gif

pawprint, glad u had fun! it was so hot yesterday, must be lovely splashing about the water! due to J's history, she's very cautious when playing and will refuse to go down the slides herself. she much prefer to play some water toys by the side.

Yeap, had LOTS of fun! TOo much ah, next day I had headache couldn't bring the kids out.
I saw alot of kids who brought toys.

mommies, some lobang on what to do with your kids this weekend
Junior Angel's Club (JAC) KIDS' AFTERNOON OUT
AT GRACE KIDS

Venue: Grace Kids, 1 Kim Seng Promenade,
Great World City, #03-06/10, Singapore 237994

Date: Sat 16 August 2008

Time: 4pm to 6pm

Exclusive Junior Angels Club Member’s Price: $35/child (Usual Price $70),
Non member : $45/child

Suitable for kids 12 months and above

Does your children like
to sing and groove?
get creative with their hands?

Here’s your chance to see how kids truly have fun at Grace Kids.

Immerse yourself in an exhilaring session of music &amp; movement then create your own masterpiece in a creative craft workshop.
You will also take home a special goodie bag!

Come dressed in your JAC Club T-Shirt and be prepared for an afternoon of
non-stop FUN!

To register please call 63580055/63508876
or email at : [email protected]

Registration closes Wednesday 13 August 2008.

For more information on this event, log on to :

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/events.htm

For more information on Grace Kids, log on to www.gracekids.com.sg

yalor.

my older boy now more aggressive to his younger 2yr old brother
sad.gif
anyone having same problem?

now he sometimes wont take turns with shared toys and he will "kick" his brother when angry

CSR,
cos everyone at ur blog
happy.gif

Rochelle,
Elder not aggressive... but possibly passive-aggressive or something. Younger hold out a french fry FOR her, she decline. Younger sing song to her (except he pokes her with his fry while doing so) n her face black.
I explain... but dunno whether she buys it lah.

Rochelle

my girl is real chilli padi then, if bro ill treats her, she will pull his hair and then cry! Think they are going thr a phase whereby they are trying to exert their control over others...

HONEY HONEY
hey mummies, wanna ask if theres any HONEY expert here... what is raw unheated honey and i tot all honey is raw??!!?? and also what sort of honey is safe / unsafe for our toddler?

BLOOD BLOOD
CORDBLOOD... want to know if anyone who took the package, did you extend it? I mean I got a bill for the next 18yrs' storage or something... and I'm not sure if I wanna continue cos doesn't cordblood deteoriate beyond a certain storage age?

HONEY HONEY
I feed kids Manuka honey from NZ ... so far so good... but not all children can take it.

BLOOD BLOOD
next 18 years of storage? they only send me yearly bill... and u know u can use the CDA account too?

pawprint
ha!!! i dun think it will as they store it a special way. i didnt do it with quinn so i dun know the price. but if the price is right i will continue i guess.

CSR
i read that CLOVER honey is safe for children as they are milder BUT manuka is a good choice but i afraid it will be too heaty for quinn. he loves his honey stick for sure and i only get him the original one, clover, without added flavour. i am taking REALLY RAW HONEY and loving it so i wonder if he can take it too.....hmm.....

WRITING REVERSE
any toddler doing this? Quinn will write certain words *not all* eg. like letter "S" and "n" and afew more. he loves to do WORDS dictation, like he will draw something, for example an ear then i will spell it for him to write. he can get them right and sometimes he remember how they spell also BUT he tends to write reverse for certain words, i try to correct him but i guess hes still into this writing reverse....... could it be dyslexia???!!!???!!!

lildevil,
i dunno... A does that sometimes too? Don't think it's dyslexia...
hmm, maybe Q has growing pains? A fren's kid complains his "knee is sinking in", sometimes suddenly in middle of night/ sleep. Not sure, maybe ask Q more specifically?

pawprint
hope its not dyslexia.... actually i am sure that most toddlers did that, maybe i am just being a little too paranoid. i also think it could be growing pain.... as theres no redness or swelling and also he allows me to massage or touch his leg when theres a pain. and also it starts late evening and usually complain and cry in the night. and the next day, he seems okie, without complains and also dont seems to remember about what happen the previous night...

gabby
ha!!! i also realized they like to inverse 5,S very much yah...? ha!!!!

mummies, just to share something that happened last evening and hope mummies must be very careful about it. we, hubby, me and quinn went to supermarket last evening, at kovan. then out of a sudden, hubby YELLED at a man. i ask him what happen but he was too furious to tell me but i know it has something to do with that man and his hp!!! then hubby ask me to wait for him with quinn in the supermarket. then after awhile hubby called me, tells me that that man is a PERVERT! he use his hp and take pictures of woman in the supermarket and while i was walking infront with hubby and quinn further from me, he saw him talking pictures of me secretly!!!! YUCKS! so hubby so angry and stop him and reported to police and while waiting for the policemen to arrive, he beg hubby to let him go. hubby wants him to erase those pictures and he did then hubby let him off BUT hubby use his hp and take down him saying sorry and what so ever in video mode. hubby describe to the police wbout him and so if policemen caught him after that, then thats too bad!

mummies, please be very careful!!

lildevil,
shld hav hauled that guy to the police. I don't know, ever since I had a girl... I'm in a spare-no-pervs mentality. One day that man might prey on our offspring.

HELP

Does any mummies here have an experience in sending Indonesian maids back? My Indo maid is due to go back but she wants to go back via Batam. She wants me to pay for the airfare from the budget airline she wants to take. Is this legal and proper? I dont object but dont want to get into legal issues. Thanks!

pawprint
i ask hubby why he let him go? and actually i am still thinking why he let him off..... i guess hes too kind?!? saying that hes really an old man, if its not for that, he will definitely hit him. hubby says hes old and keeps begging him..... well, if its me, maybe i will not let him go just like that.

I-ROBOT SCOOBAS?
Anyone using this? Any feedback? Am considering getting one! Just switch on while I'm out and come back to clean floors except for unreachable corners, yah?

Silly me- I have my cabinets suspended 6inches above the floor... and the darn scooba is exactly 6 inches height, argh I should have suspended it half inch higher!

IRON IRON IRON
Anyone rec me an iron $100-$200? Not garment steamer cos I read it's hot and steamy (hahaha) and tiring with arms going up-down and not suited to work shirts.

lildevil,
hehe i wld have kicked his balls. Seriously. Not for myself but for all past and future potential victims.

Yuru,
how are you getting ur Scooba, which model? I don't know which Roomba and Scooba models to get... are they all the same height?

Yuru,
3"? *MUAK!* It'd run under my cabinets nicely, yay!

I read Scooba is 6" ht, u gonna use in bedrooms? Won't it spray the base of your built-in wardrobes?

Are u getting Scooba 380 only or some replacement accessories for wear and tear? Replacement batteries? Using Clorox or vinegar or plain water or?

Eh share what areas your Roomba covers, u use for kitchen and yard too? What areas you group together, and how often, and when?

HB fine with the Roomba but not the Scooba, need to apply pressure...
Actually I'd rather just one gadget, I can't even think of a nice hidden docking station (for the Scooba especially).

BTW which Roomba model u have, for how long, any issues?
And why choose Scooba 380 instead of basic Scoobas.

They have so many models my head is spinning... their heights all seem different from different sources, yikes.

Back