(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Hi piggy,
That was precisely what i see now. Though hubby is all out to support me shld i decide to keep the child, i'm not really for it. My cousin is already 30+ now but she behaves like a primary school kid. She throw tantrums, want things to be done for her and have her own wants too like discman, clothings, bags etc. They are oso more prone to illness and juz have a major op on her spine not too long ago. The amt of $$$ spent really set the parents back quite a bit. N if u had realise by now, the parents are no longer young(in fact near retiring), how r they going to support themselves plus this child?

Which y i'm in such a dilemma now. We've decided to give up shld the results be -ve. But, we juz can't say give up now when the baby has been wif us for more than 4 months. The tot of aborting the baby really make both our hearts ache.

Hi B2B3M4,
Maybe u can take the triple test first. If u r not high risk grp, i was told 5% chance of getting bad results
sad.gif
Take one step at a time... There's high chance that all will be ok
happy.gif
Touch wood if bad results, then talk to gynae abt aminocentesis, risk etc.

By the way, I'm waiting for my triple test results.

hi gals...
i think the triple test is oni a risk assessment leh... and cos it tests the mummy's blood, so its actuali not accurate.

Actually, I've col who tested positive for her triple test but bb still ok after she gives birth. But she worried like hell during the period while she waited for the results lor.

b2b3m4, I'm 36 already and we did not go for any of the tests. Over here, our midwife advised us that if we do not plan to take any further action if the tests show not so favourable results, then there's no point going for the tests and then worrying about the results for the rest of the pregnancy.

For us, our baby is God's blessing, no matter what, and we believe that God would want us to bring up this baby to the best of our ability and He will provide us with all that we need.

I've seen a few down syndrome children/people who, despite their disabilities and illnesses, have been a great joy to their parents, friends and relatives, and also have played their part in the community. So it depends. We cannot predict what will happen, we just do our best.

Hi girls, btw, who is working here? Do u plan to stop working after baby? What plans do u have with regards to babycare?

I am working and I plan to work after giving birth. Have employed a maid who will be coming in March to help me with housework and also learn all the chores, get used to the household before baby arrives. I have no choice; parents on both sides are too busy working as well and in fact asked us to get a maid.

I can't wait for baby to arrive so that I can cuddle and kiss him/her. I wonder everyday how baby will look.

Oh, by the way, I think I want to say how nice my husband has been ever since I got pregnant. So sweet, kind and understanding. Cheers to all husbands who deserve a special kiss for all the efforts they have put in in making us feel good and tolerating our nonsense in the 1st trimester.
happy.gif

Emily n B2B3M4,
Have u gals felt bb movement's oready? I havent felt it so far leh. Quite worried.

Emily,
U engaging a maid? Muz really be careful. Cos I've heard many horrible stories abt them. Luckily my MIL will be taking care of bb for me. Well, she's quiting her job to look after bb for us. If u can get a good maid, tat will be good. Its good tat you get the maid in earlier to train her.

Emily,

where did u go to apply for a maid?? is there any particular things to note in filling up application form?

Hey Sarsi, have been enjoying myself so much... eating and all... shopping too... that baby was so happy too! Have felt the movements already... I mean kicking... but not often at all. Mainly at night and when I am quiet.
happy.gif
It sure is a wonderful feeling... but I wish I can feel it more.
happy.gif
But everytime hubby puts his hand on my tummy, bb stops kicking.. he so disappointed.

As for maid, I hope she will be good. Let's keep fingers crossed and see. Hubby was thinking of getting internet camera monitor so that we can check on her when she is looking after the baby when we are at work. But I told him no need lah... we just have to trust her and see how she is before bb arrives. Should be able to roughly gauge.

Sahara, my agent is in Katong Shopping Centre. Nothing much to take note about filling the application form... other than your joint annual income must be more than $30k, than can apply. Other than that, if not more than $30k, than ask your doc to write letter to prove that u are pregnant and will be due soon ... should be fine to get a maid.

Must take note of agent fee and the extra costs, as well as whether they allow u to exchange if u are not satisfied and whether must pay to exchange maids.

Hi Sarsi,
I dunno whether it's my BB that is moving. Feeling alot of discomfort around my umbilical region these few days. Dunno whether its due to my constipation (again!) or was it bcos i over exert myself over the weekend (trying to wash and hang bedsheet). But the size of my tummy is definitely progressing quite rapidly, have some problems wearing my loose clothing now.

Hi Emily,
I agree wif Sarsi u muz really be careful wif maids. Haven't have 1st hand experiences wof maids looking after babies yet but i have experiences with babysitters and confinement maids. They usually look very friendly when they r in front of u. But once u leave, they can juz card the baby aside n busy wif their chores.
I'm oso working full time right now wif a most non understanding boss. Even taking some time off to see the gynae is a big problem. I'll most probably be taking no pay leave for a few months to look after the baby. When things get more stablised, may engage a maid to help out. Hopefully, childcare for children less than 1 year old wld been set up by then. Then i can leave the child there. Until then, nothing can be confirmed yet. I may even plan to take a long no pay leave.

hi sarsi...
dun wori so much... i m sure u will be able to feel movement too... for me these few days didnt reali go and notice the movements... am feeling more constipated than anything... so now eating more fruits and drinking more water. sigh...

Emily,
Envy you.... you felt bb movements oready. Muz be a very happy moment. How does the movement feel? Is it pratically a kick like that or wat? Ois it a very mild n light movement that unless you lay down quietly then you can feel it or you will definately feel it even you doing something else?
The internet camera monitor is not cheap oso. All the best in getting a good n reliable maid.

B2B3M4,
Yah, me too dunno if I have over-exerted myself wif housework or not. Cos have been feeling like some kind of pain sometimes. While washing the toilet, cos the flr was wet, I almost slip, heng I got hold of myself.
Also, bladder is like always full leh. Do u have this prob? At nite, I will go to the toilet at least once or twice.Read somewhere that 2nd tri should visit the toilet less oready cos bb is no longer pressing on our bladder but I still have this prob, wat abt u gals?

sarsi...
actuali the best time to try and feel bb move is at nite b4 u sleep... cos usu u r at ur most "peaceful" time wif nothing to distract u and u can concentrate on feeling ur tummy.
happy.gif

bb move alot during the day as well... jus dat we are working and has our minds on other things so we dun notice them.

Soyabean,
I have tried a couple of nites when it is all quite, I put my hand on my tummy but dun feel anything leh.....
The bb movements is very obvious one huh? When u put your hand there u will feel it? Do you feel your bb movements every nite?

hehe sarsi...
the movements we will feel at our stage will be very light and minor... u wldnt be able to feel it hvg ur hand on tummy yet, until the next mth probably.
happy.gif
even myself dun feel movement wif my hand on tummy too.

i hv to say the movements are not reali v obvious cos its reali v light... its jus like somebody giving ur tummy a very light tap. takes a while to get it lor.

i try to feel every nite... but sometimes can be tired... so fell asleep while feeling halfway.
lol.gif

not all days i can feel it.
happy.gif

Soyabean,
Oh.... I thot put hand on tummy then can feel it. Hummmmm, think muz really concentrate then can feel bb move. Hope bb is doing well inside.

Thks Soyabean, its really useful. It says thinner women will feel bb movements earlier, hence prob cos of my fats, I can't feel his movements yet...hahahaha....

sarsi...
i'm sure bb is doing well inside... and think he prob is mvg a lot jus dat poor mummy cant feel it yet.
happy.gif

i personali feel the website has a lot of useful information...
happy.gif
they tell u wat to expect week by week as well...
happy.gif
bookmark it if u like.
happy.gif

Ladies,
busy chatting here, huh?
I subscribe to the website too! My BB's genitals suppose to develop now n he/she is able to hear now!!!! Hurray!!!

Soyabean,
U mean the movements are that light. Aiyoh, then what i'm feeling confirmed definitely not BB mobements. My can be like menses cramp but at lower abdominal.

Sarsi,
U take care, okie. Yesterday, kenna scolded left-right-centre bcos i try to hang the bedsheets out to dry. Really forget now tummy growing bigger by the days..... Can feel the strain on the back too.
With regards to the urination prob. I'm out of the stage oredi.

hi babbit...
never chat wif u b4...
happy.gif
how many weeks are u now?
happy.gif
when is ur EDD? come join us at the MTB thread as well lah...
happy.gif

yah... the movements are v light now... cos think bb not very big yet so the kicks and movements not strong.
happy.gif
ur menses-like cramps cld be womb expanding.

btw babbit... do u fbo as well? think there is someone at fbo by ur nick as well.
happy.gif

ya lor,
Me quite confused (and forgetful) nowadays, esp coming to the end of the day. U still around in office now?
I think i'll have a tough time experiencing my BB's movement. The moment i touch the pillow, i'm beyond consciousness. My job involves alot of walking, so the moment i reach home at 8-9+, i'm dead as a fish. Can't even finish a simple Channel 8 serial at 9pm. Think i'm putting on weight bcos of all the sleep n eating. Actually feel quite guilty. At one point, even tot of going on diet or control my food intake. But can't let hubby or else he will have me slaughtered.

Hi Sarsi, bb movement as soyabean says is very light. If u don't concentrate, u won't be able to feel it. And also it is unlike cramps...no pain at all. Just like a light tap feeling... sometimes it goes tap tap or tick tick. Somtimes just a tick.
I also don't feel it everyday.

Ai yeah, worry about maid also no use. What to do, with Singapore's high living standards, most households need at least two incomes to get through monthly.

Wow B2B3M4, u are lucky... still can think of taking no pay leave for a few months to take care of bb. But I think if you are going to consider a maid... then better take one in earlier so that she can go through all the stages with you, learn all babycare stuff and also the baby will get used to her easily when u are at work. That is why I insist that maid must come in earlier.. must also be fair to her right.. she must get used to the housework and where all the stuff are kept and then slowly learn to take on more responsibilities when bb is here. Hubby and me have decided to tell maid that she cannot speak English to bb. She must speak Malay (getting Indo maid)... coz we don't want bb's english to sound like their slang. Besides it is a great way for bb to learn another language.

Girls, better take care.. don't overwork yourself. For me, I put the clothes in the washer. Hubby will never let me hang the clothes. Ask your hubbies to help u hang the clothes. Or at least the both of you can do it together. Think I'll feel really guility if anything happens to bb... afterall, now that it is in us all the time 24/7, seems like our responsibilty yeah?

Wow, B2B3M4 and Sarsi ... appointment is 11th and 12th Feb yeah... must be so excited. Am excited for you gals too. Can't wait to see what u have got.

btw, the cramps like pain and all... is most prob round ligament pain. I get it too. Just try putting your feet up and rest. I don't think it has much to do with hanging the clothes etc.. other than the fact that your tummy is expanding.
Don't worry. If pain for a long time, then better call your doc to check it out.

oh... yes yes, wow.. my tummy also growing very very fast too!

Hi Soyabean, you can feel the movement @ 16 wks. I'm 16 wks this week so hope to feel something soon.

Hi gals, esp those around 16 / 17 wks ones. Do you consider your tummy big? My sister was saying that my tummy is small (I've a little belly only) & some pple didn't even realised i'm pregnant if I wear my t-shirt & shorts. I'm really worried.

Hi Sue, At 16 weeks I reckoned that I was one of those women who would never look pregnant, even at 9 mths!! Hahaha. But by 18 wks I had given up wearing my ordinary clothes. Now, at 21 wks, I feel like I'm bursting out of my skin all the time.

Ladies, for constipation, take lots of prunes and drink prune juice. It is now working for me.

hi sue...
u shld be able to feel movement soon too... my bb movements still v light... those tap tap kind.
happy.gif
oh my tummy is rather big already, though i never went to measure it. though there's a bulge, its not reali obvious when i wear loose tee and shorts like u. the most obvious is when i m wearing a mat dress.
happy.gif

hi priviledged...
yeah... me bgt a bottle of prune juice yest and drank it after lunch... i hv to say it reali works...
happy.gif
tis is in addition to the more fruits i am eating.

b2b3m4...
looks like u hv a tough job... do make sure u hv enuf rest lor. and dun wori abt bb movement now... when bb gets bigger it will become much more obvious liao.
happy.gif
aiyoh... how can u think of going on a diet now? my philosophy is to eat as per normal... dun eat excessively i.e. too many meals a day... and if feel hungry, jus increase food portion by a bit. i think this will be jus fine.
happy.gif

Emily,
Hee, you still remember my appt date tis Thurs ah. Think it will be a normal scan on Thurs then prob 1 or 2 weeks later will be the detail scan at TMC.

Tummy is really growing bigger now. Wearing mat clothes still look big for me but normal clothes giving way soon. Really headache. Dunno wat to wear to work everyday. Sianz.....

I think I had leg cramps last nite. Leg cramps is at the calves area is it? It was like pulling my muscles and I was screaming. My hubby had a shock n had to rub for me.

Hi Sue,
I know wat u mean. In fact, some of my colleagues actually tot i have put on weight over the Chinese New Year. So hubby encourage me to wear mat clothings so that i REALLY look preg. And sadly when i wear my usual clothings, instead of looking preg, i looked very unhealthy wif a VERY OBVIOUS tummy.... Sigh.....

Soyabean,
No, no.... shld avoid large meals, small multiple meals is better. Now eating more fruits but hubby think a bit too exessive. Yesterday ate 2 mandarin orange, Sunday ate 2 slices of pineapples n half a pear. Today most probably eating 2 Mandarin again, many at home lah!

B2B3M4,
Yah yah yah, when I wear my normal clothes oso look very fat with buldging tummy. So have you worn your mat clothes oready? I started wearing some of the pants.
My house oso got a lot of mandrain oranges havent finish...hee....new year goodies too. Luckily have brought some over to the office to share with my colleagues.

b2b3m4...
at least ur normal clothes can tahna u for so long leh.... for me, i hv given up on them and hv started wearing my mat clothes since few weeks ago.
hey... they say shldnt eat too much oranges... not good for bb leh... anyway, i dun like oranges so i dun take them.
happy.gif

Yeah Sarsi, leg cramp is what u just described. For me, the cramp is not too bad. Still can relax and breathe slowly.
happy.gif

Ai yoh, u girls sound like u are really slim still. For me, I have given up on usual clothes since the beginning of this month or was it end of last month. I definitely look pregnant now.

Sarsi, to prevent leg cramps at night, you should try to take some potassium-rich foods just before sleeping. Not too much, though.

Emily - I too gave up on my usual clothes already. I've got to go out and get more mat clothes. I not only look pregnant, I feel pregnant too.

Hi ladies, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm neither here nor there. Tummy is too small for maternity & yet, when I wear my usual clothes, I look like I've gained weight. I tell myself I'll wear maternity clothes only when I reached 20 wks.

Hi emily, I'm working and will continue to work after giving birth. My mom will help to look after bb for me.

Hi Sarsi, my bb kicks me more often nowadays. I can even feel her kicks as I read the postings here.
happy.gif
I still go toilets very often leh. I guess theres's nothing to worry abt. Try to point your toes to the ceiling if u have legs cramp next time. I had it quite often also.

Hi Sue, I'm 22 weeks now and if I wear t-shirt and shorts, my tummy is not obvious too. My gynae was telling me not to worry abt tummy size as long as bb is doing well inside.

Giggler,
Wah your girl like very active oready leh. Keep kicking you. Is it painful?

Priviledged,
What kind of foods are potassium rich?

Sue,
Me at 19 weeks is still neither here nor there. Wanted to wear mat clothes to work oready but make me look oversized like that. Wear normal clothes very ugly cos its tight n I look fat. Sigh....

Hi Sarsi, no the kicks are not painful at all. As for maternity wear, did u go to Spring to take a look? I think someone recommended the shop for small size like u leh.

Giggler,
Me no small size. I went Spring twice. Bought 5 tops n 1 drawstring 3/4 pants from there. Their clothes are not bad. Their new stock will come in b/w 16th-20th. Going there to take a look again.

seems like all of u got pretty small tummies.. iam oleayd wearing mat clothes this wk which is wk 16 for me. I feel very uncomfy with nirmal skirts though i can still fit cos the waist band is giving me difficulty in breathing..

i think i am going to have heartburn soon cos i feel a burning sensation the other day in bet my breasts.. sigh probably i will suffer thruout the whole pregnancy.

i had fever yesterday.. i was very scared it may harm bb so tried to bring fever down. Thank God it didnt go up too high .. highest was 37.4

Hi Sarsi, wow you bought quite alot of stuff from Spring hor? Did u manage to get any discount card from them? I like their jeans which I saw from their website but it's out of stock now.

Hi sahara, so how's your fever now? Getting better?

Hi Giggler,

now i got no more fever, thks..

as for Spring, discount card, if i am not wrong, i thnk they dont have unless u have the suntec card.

Hi,

Yesterday hubby placed his hand on my tummy and he feel a strong kick! He was so happy and so sure its bb kick. But me not sure leh, i told him i have this feeling a few times back, and tot it was stomach gas/indigestion. But he was so sure and says also saw a light pump on my tummy...so me waiting for another kick...

Hi Sahara, pls be careful with fever. Last time i got it for 4-5 days.

Also, ladies, pls take ur temp nowsaday to see what is your normal body temp. Few days back, hubby tot i'm having fever again, but i m ok, thou temp is 37.2/37.3, so pls take note of ur normal body temp so that u know if u r sick.

Hi Sahara, I don't have Suntec card also leh.

Hi Kis, guess it's norm that our body temp is higher than avg.

Giggler,
Spring got jeans meh? I dunno leh. I got the Suntec card. Now Suntec got promo, spend $50 can get the card. Wif the card, can get 5%. Spring has some items on 20% too.

HI Kis,

so did u take panadol?? i took for the nite then dont dare to take more, day time i just take lots of water and put ice towel on my forehead.. very stressful... hope it doesnt come back these few days. Just measured, my temp was 36.8.

Giggler,

Anyway suntec card gives u 5% dis, so not much tt's wat the sales lady says. cant remher name but some name tt starts with J, i think.

Hi, actually I still don't feel very pregnant except when I notice my tunmmy. When I lie down, tummy's flat.

B2B3M4, how was ur appointment? Sex of bb determined yet?

Hi Sahara,

Ya, i took panadol. When i see my gynae, he says can take up to 8 tablets. But i also din take tat much, tat's y the fever drag for so many days.
Glad to hear ur temp drop to normal...keep it down!!!

Spring saleslady name is Joey.

Hi ladies,

haven't come in for a few days, was surprised to c this thread so active now...

I bought 5 tops, 3 pants and 1 dress from spring last week. Some of the clothings r having 20% discount while those without discount, u can use the suntec card. 5% discount will be given. I found that the saleslady is very friendly

I visited my gynae last sat and confirmed that my bb is a girl.

Anyone going to breast feed their baby? if yes, anyone thinking of getting a dual breast pump?

is it too early to get one now? my colleague has lobang which can get the medela dual pump with bag at $200.

Back