(2002) Any 2002 babies?

Hi mummies,
For mine, SA2 oral is this week 15-18 Sept, and the papers are on 26-30 Oct, after the PSLE marking days.

Hi mummies, my dd's SA2 will be from 2 to 5 November. Details will be given to us later. But it seems that my dd's school is having the exam much later than all of the above schools leh...

Sherlyn
Does the school has a calendar for the term in their net ?

I oso checked from the net. Mine is
5 Oct SA2 EL Paper 1
15 - 16 Oct SA2 Oral ( EL & CL)
28 Oct EL
29 Oct Maths
30 Oct Chinese

hi Chicken Little,
I check their website already. don't have leh. Anyway, I heard from the upper primary that the exam should be starting on week 26th Oct and end on 6th November. Is around 2 weeks cause the school has paper 1 and paper 2 for both Chinese and English.

Hi Mummies,

My son is having his exam as followed:

26 Oct - Higher Chinese
27 Oct - English
28 Oct - Maths

The letter did not state oral. Will be asking my son to ask his teacher.

Since the new term started, I have been slacking. Have to restart my engine!!!

now P1 we are already so kan cheong... what will happen to our stress level when our kids reach PSLE
wink.gif

sad.gif

received the SA2 timetable.
endof the month oral.
mid of next month Paper 1.
end of next month paper 2.
my carefree days are over....

i told my husband, i wonder how FTWM can cope...and how to cope when our kids go PSLE!

Looks like dd's exam is one of the latest.
early oct - oral
mid oct - paper 1
early nov - paper 2

fz,
my carefree days are also over. Have to put aside my novels for textbooks & assessments until the exams are over.

hi Fz,how u revise with yr son?
my gal always dun hv hmwk one,she said her maths hvn't taught multiplication & division yet , & English i aso dun knoe hw's the progress , cos only hv one grammer bk whuch nvr bring back hm one...
last sem she didn't did well , made lots of careless mistakes...

ling,
i just started on oral. can vomit blood. usually lazy to speak mandarin at home, now last minute hug buddha's leg.
math and eng hmwk very minimal. the most is Hao Peng You. my boy said they just started division. i think should have started multiplication already. check with your girl, cos nowadays multiplication is not like 2x2. they teach the groups of something basics and that is consider as multiplication concept.
english my boy said never touch the grammer books.
lucky my boy SA2 have very little careless mistake. but this round, he is like very complacent. get him to do revision, he will dilly dally, careless mistake; chinese character 'water' write as 'small'; 'le' write as 'zi'!
fainzt!
i feel that they gave out the exam schedule too late - only give us one week to prepare oral.

Hi all,
May I know how do the mummies here teach chinese compostion?
I had a hard time teaching my son chinese even though we only speak Mandarin at home.

Hi Sherlyn,
Not to worry. i've not gotten any as when, only hear say from my ds. worse is next Monday is his oral and listening compreh liao, yet no timetable given also.

natellehcim,
next week is also my kid's oral.
he didn't even know that the notice given is the exam time table. faintz. i found the notice when i gave his bag an adhoc check. luckily the notice was only 'one day late'.
luckily (or not? hm...) my boy's neighbourhood school is not having conversation for chinese oral and open ended compre for chinese paper 2.

Hi fz,
think my boy's having both english and oral, since last wk their chinese teacher had given them some pratices on it. Think the oral starts next monday. Yesterday was give a spelling list of 30 words but only 5 words will be tested for their SA2 in their listening compreh.

Mummies
when do you all start taking leave to do revision.

I am still busy with topical test yday because she is getting another test in less than 2 months i think.

hi Chicken Little,
Probably I won't be taking any leave
sad.gif
Seeing so many mummies taking me, me wonder should I take or not... SA2 is 100% weigtage.

Natellehcim,
her exam is 28-30 Oct these 27 - 29 oct I likely not going to do anything with her. More on highlighting where she should watch on and let her sleep early.

But dunno when to start taking leave and how long. Maybe in the end I oso feel no point to take

i intend to take leave during the PSLE marking week. Think his exam will be the first week of Nov. Tot not to put too much pressure on him during the exam days. Till not still have not received his exam dates...

I just left 10days leave..got to plan carefully.

I am still thinking of when to take leave too.

Maybe 1 day during the PSLS marking week and 1 day b4 his maths exam to revise.

Is everyone having paper 1 & 2???

My son's notice did not state so i presume only 1 paper for each subject.

My gal will be having oral papers in Mid Oct..and then a week break (think it is for the PSLE marking days)..followed by EL, CL and Maths until end of Oct.Good thing that there is no Chinese Compo this time..less thing to worry.

I will prob print out other school SA1 exam papers for revision from now till end of the mth..and then next mth, I will print the SA2 papers for revision until exam days.

My gal is still enjoying life..hiaz..does not realise the importance of exam...I am more kan cheong than her. My hubby told me not to stress her, or rather scare her.

hi Natellehcim,
I don't even know when is my dd's oral exam. Anyway, I have started the oral revision with her. And also will take 3 days leave during the PSLE marking week.

ha. Me have not decided to take leave or not.. :p
Actually my ds teachers already preparing them with past year papers and revision, so I'm not too sure what else needs to be done.

For me, I have taken leave on 1stOCt and from 16th to 24th OCtober.

Actually, I am clearing my leave too. But I am thinking am I taking too many days.
It is because my son usually wakes up late and by the time when he has the mood to study, it is already in the afternoon.

Actually, I am thinking of cancelling the leave since I have started revising with him every night at least for an hour.

hi mummies,
I just called my dd school and ask for the exam timetable. They said will give out by end of the month. But have asked them to verbally tell me the exam schedule:
16 Oct - English paper 1
28 Oct - Chinese Paper 1
30 Oct - English Paper 2
2 Nov - Chinese Paper 2
3 Nov - Math

hi mummies
may i know how u all revise the oral test with yr kids?my gal will b hving english & chinese oral test next wk onwards..

Ling,
the teacher gave us some guildlines how to prepare for oral exam but I am not very sure on the chinese. My son still based on HYPY to read...
I can scan it and give you next week.

Hi Sherlyn,
The exam dates for HIPS is as followed
16 Oct - English paper 1
28 Oct - Chinese Paper 1
30 Oct - English Paper 2
2 Nov - Math
3 Nov - Chinese Paper 2

There is some differences on the subject to be tested on the different dates.

going to vomit blood already.
just looked through my boy's chinese file and realised that he had >10 issues of Hao Peng You missing!!!! OMG!! this is what i get for relaxing a bit and trusting that he'll take care of his school work. hope that they are with the teacher.

Hi Fz,
Don't be angry. I think sometimes the kids are not sure what the magazines are. My son also has a few issues missing.

His school teacher go through the issue with them, so I think he don't even bother to tell me when the teacher distribute to them.

Sigh...***

Hi Maisy,
my ds sch also have compo for SA2. Saw their exam structure, is picture description.

My ds is having oral today but suddenly last night he had flu (running nose) till now.
sad.gif

Hi Natellehcim, your DS feeling better?

Wah..seems like alot of us are preparing for the final laps. My DS sch although no exam this year, however still have tests on the last week of OCT.
Now me doing catching up work for his chinese which we have been lacking since mid-year.

hi ohohjazz,
He called me this morning think he's still having running nose, keep sneezing. So i guess it will affect his reading and listening today bah... let's see how it goes in the afternoon. He's having both chinese and oral.

Ya all parents getting tense for this final yr exam liao. Guess I'm one also because his SA2 will weigh 100% loh.
sad.gif

natellehcim,
hope your boy's flu won't affect him.
my boy was sick last weekend, and i was actually quite glad cos it probably mean that he can recover in time for this week's oral. :p then whole of last week i controlled his diet, ie no cold drinks, snacks, heaty food etc cos of oral.
today and tomorrow oral, my boy is telling me that he hope that it's tomorrow so that we have one more day to revise. i on the other hand, hope that it'll be today so that i have one less item to stress about!

My ds teachers had gotten the kids ready for the oral through frequent practises, so I did not worry much about it. Their orals will be tested by other teachers (some are upper pri's), and not their own teachers. But the flu just strike him late last night. *sigh*

natellehcim, SA2 for my gal is also 100%...quite stressful. Told my gal if she can get 70 and above for all 3 subjects..I will be very happy.
I have been revising Maths with my gal since last week, using the SA1 papers from other sch...am quite pleased to say, she has shown improvement compared to last term. But still prone to commit the silly careless mistakes..Today u remind her, tomorrow she will forget. Very exasperating!!
I have not touched on English and Chinese..esp oral which is 2 weeks away from now. She might be having her show and tell assessment next week. My gal has never done a single Show and tell in sch..she told me she is scared of speaking in front of the class. She said almost all her classmates have attempted at least once. I kept rehearsing with her at home..but she is still too shy to speak up in class. Hiaz..

For me her EL paper 1 is on 5 Oct. So now I am focusing on writing. Since she just had a chinese test , I will give her a break on Chinese. So simultaneously we are revising on Maths.

Back