1st Trimester - First Pregnancy

thanks Gaberra,

today i jus started to have a feel of morning sickness. really sux :'(

i hope is not tat folic acid tat trigger MS sob...

Hi flower4, my last menses was also ard 30th Nov and did not come in Dec. I tested myslef with PT Kit today and results came positive!
looks like we are going to be giving birth ard the same period!
happy.gif

hihi michelle, congrats!!

have u seen any gynea yet?

i choose to see early to assure myself. and glad to know the sac is sitting on the right place.

actually gynea say dun need to do scan she tot im 4weeks pregnant base on my 1st day of my last period which is on 28 Nov 08 maybe can see noting. but i say nevermind jus scan cuz i have cramp here & there, jus to ensure.

but to her surprise, from the scan , we are able to see the sac, and im 5weeks pregnant on last sat heee

and Gynea say, i ovulate early if this the case. Puzzle me too haha

Michelle, Flower> hahaa.. this is my first visit here..and i'm so happy to see ur input.. my last menses was 29th Nov08.. hehee..

I just did a test on the kit today... 2 times in fact... had the first one on a new brand of kit (cheaper one).. was a little doubtful.. made my HB go down and get back the Clear Blue.. which i felt was more reliable.. and. haha.. it was 2 lines for both.....

Happy and a little lost too... heehee.. my fren told me i can visit a gynae only after CNY.. coz too early cannot detect also.. but now hearing that flower can detect.. i'm so excited to go see one....

Which gynae are u visiting??

I'm staying at Yishun.. any recommendations??
happy.gif

thanks! i am also now lookinat ard for gynae recommendations! i also had not made any arrangemnt to see one yet.. but i am had started eating folic acid pills
i am staying at punggol.. also not sure which hospital i should choose...

Hi all,

I just did a test on the kit this morning and found to be positive. Do i go to a GP to confirm my pregnancy or should i go to a gynae?

I'm staying at bedok. Any recommendations for a gynae in this area. Thanks.
happy.gif

Michelle> oh..same.. i'm also looking ard.. my fren's gynae has a package of $500.. he's at TPY...heard his waiting time is abt 3 hours...thats the longest she has ever waited la...but its only for 2nd & 3rd trimesters's package... not inclusive of 1st & last... excluding all medication and blood tests etc too... not sure.. how much these charges are gonna be.. looking for a good and affordable gynae....

I just tested last nite.. so will be going to get folic acid later.. hehe....

Angeline> Congrats!
happy.gif
MMmm.. when was ur last menses??? my frens were saying.. no need to see so early.. unless there's spotting or bleeding.... else... can save the 1st trip.. coz need to pay too.. the earlier u start to see..the more costs involved... haha...

But if u dun mind spending another few bucks... can just go visit a gynae to confirm ur pregnancy and get an EDD...
happy.gif

coz if its too early..cant detect the sac and heartbeat also.. so a bit wasted trip.. good time will be abe 7 weeks onwards..
happy.gif

Hi All,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and Im going to Dr Joycelyn Wong at Thomson Medical there, the clinic is ACJ Clinic. She's the best..

Thanks rayrachel.

My last menses was on 1 Dec 2008. I used clear blue to test but am thinking whether I need to confirm it with a doc. I scared its false alarm. haha..
happy.gif

enxuan> how did u decide on the doctor??
I'm still considering KKH or pte....

anyone can advise on the diff and why is which better??
happy.gif

Angeline> wah.. so we have 28, 29, 30 Nov & 1 Dec... i think CLear Blue is rather accurate.. my fren told me these tests are usually accurate de.. hahahaa... like me.. i used 2 to test.... so rather confirm le...

And also have bloatedness... a little slight nausea...

hello everyone. im also first time mum here. i jsut tested positive using the urine kit but havent seen a gp or gyane yet. i have been experiencing mild stomach cramp and lower backache siince week 2-4.that is where i tot my mense gg to come. during the last 2 weeks i felt so bloated like there a bump on the tummy and i also feel constipated.

is it normal to feel cramping so early of the pregnancy? and once i visited the gp, what should i do next? when i should see a gyane in like how many weeks?

please advice. i have absolutely no idea.. and my hubby is station oversea so kinda have to do everything myself
sad.gif

wish to be mum> hihi... i'm not too sure.. but if u want.. u can just go straight to gynae ard 7-8 weeks... going to gynae early now would just be confirming the postion of sac..(not etopic)... else.. it'll be extra expenses.. but it'll help to keep mind at ease..
happy.gif

by 7-8 weeks.. can see sac and heartbeat as well..
happy.gif

And doc will be able to give more accurate info abt bb's EDD..
happy.gif

i choose female doctor, i see lisa chin at gleneagle nearest to my house..

im now having alot of problem, i cant eat and whenever i eat i feel horrible & feel like vomit.. keep feeling like wana vomit...

i cant do anyting but to lying down on bed and rest. standing up oso feel like vomitting.

its torturing... feel like giving up...

hello rach.
thanks for the advice.ya i think most first to be mummies gg about 6-8weeks if there no sign of severe cramping or pain or bleeding. i do not have any bleeding at all just kinda cramps all the time.

does any mummies know when morning sickness would kinda kick in? i read over intenet is usually about 7-8 weeks onward. im only 5th week but i feel abit nasause all the time after a heavy meal esp after dinner but i din really kinda vomit.
is it normal for a 5-6 week pregnant? or is it im just sick?

wish to be mum> hihi.. i'm also feeling nausea... on and off..and i have cramps too.. today been having some pulling feeling on my left side. dunno why.. is it normal??

I was told not to eat too full.. so i'll try to eat smaller meals but more frequently.. think help us not to put on weight as well..
happy.gif

morning sickness i think is when u vomit.. when u just feel nausea. i think its normal.. hehe..
happy.gif

Hello all!

my last menses was on 27 Nov.. test on clear blue and positive. so HB wan me to go double confirm my preggy. went Tan Teoh on the 5Jan, doc say im 4weeks plus preggy. but now my tubby is bolting out. and looks like i'm 3months pregnant. is this normal? i eat a lot of meals but all in small potion cause i know i'll get hungry very very easily.. and i do feel cold and shivering when sleeping, once awhile i'll feel like vomiting with a little breathing difficulties. Dr. say to go to the gynae only after i finish the vitamins and folic acid. and my EDD will be 03-09-09..

do u think i should go to they gynae cause of the breathing difficulties? and do u all have any gynae to recommend? i'm living at boon keng area and want to give birth at MAH. :)

Hi RayRachael,

My mum has been using her for a while already. As my mum is moving towards menopause stage, she has some cyst/fibroids in her breast etc... So, she has been visiting her quite frequently and she said that Dr Jocelyn Wong is really patient and caring, she makes sure she explains everything clearly no matter how long it takes and somehow she can make you feel safe and secure. I had visited herself for my first gynae visit, ya, she took almost 2 hours to cover everything I need to know on my pregnancy. from diet to exercise to sex.
But these are my personal experiences with her la. Not sure if any other mummies has any different exp??

Janice> wah.. mine was 29Nov.. so i should be abt same timing as u then..
happy.gif

I'm only seeing my gynae tmr.. so excited...
Were u able to see anything on tummy scan?
happy.gif

I also tend to feel cold easily.. but not to the extent of shivering...

You can call the clinic n tell them the symtoms...see what they say loh. ;)

Boon Keng.. u can try Dr Adrian Woodworth.. he's at Seng Kang MRT... he's good from the reviews online...

I'm seeing Dr Koh C H from TPY Central tmr though..
happy.gif

Both delivers at MAH..
happy.gif

enxuan> ah.. icic.. thats good.. its impt to have some reassuring i believe..
happy.gif

im dying, i having dairhea on sat & sun. and whole of sun til monday morning i have horrible gastric pain, cant even stand & walk..

any of you experience this, im around 6weeks and a half.

Hi flower4,

I experience mild diarrhea as well. sometimes I have slight gastric pain accompanied by bad ms.
I'm 7 weeks preg.

hi Enxuan,

how you cope with it? i cant eat i cant sleep and i cant even work. i feel so bad for missing work.

its totally suffering. this comin sat will be my 7weeks

hi flower4 & Enxuan,
me too... having v bad diarrhea and gastric pain...
sad.gif

my gp wanted to send me into kkh for jab n drip.. but in the end kkh didnt admit me... juz give me med and send me back...
i m abt 5 wks +

OMG, u too "i m urs", medicine really cant help me. sigh..

i was admitted to hospital and on drips for few hours yesterday. slightly better after that, but soon later its relapse again. its doesnt help.

the gastric pain is killing me... i cant eat i try to eat but get congestion instead and pain, now i vomiting sour foam.

im thikink of changing gynea, i told her when during my first visit, i have gastric problem and show her my gastric medication which she say cant take during pregnancy.

then i ask her for alternation, she only give me morning sickness pills. if she given me gastric pills my gastric wont be so severe pain now...

now i worry too, now only 7weeks, i have this problem, am afraid of complication, my bill will be extremely high if i stay with her in gleneagle too... am thinking of moving to THomson.

but its really very far from my home
sad.gif

is thomson far from all your home?

hi flower4,
i actually went to a pte gynae who operates in gleneagles also... but now i m changing to kkh although abit far, but i feel safer with kkh... hopefully kkh gynae is better... have yet to see him yet...

hi,, just want to ask around, do any mummies to be have cramps in the stomach in early pregnancy? im about 5 -6 weeks pregnant but i been haveing cramps right aftre ovulation as if my mense to come. but by the 4th week i tested postive for pregnancy but the cramping still continue. i went to gynae check adn she just ask me to monitor cos she worried if there early misccarriage if i got bleeding.

so im kinda feeling very stress and worried.
anybody can advice me..

the cramping and the lowerback ache is driving me nut!

not easy to be mum . sigh....

i too have cramp , at times i felt that my whole womb is coming out.

today i went to gynea , did an ultrascan , baby heart beats at 158 and can hear the heart beats.

am not tat excited though, cuz im still suffering from severe gastric & bad nausea..

if the mummies is suffering, how to maintain...

"I m urs", i give this gynea in gleneagle one more try and shall see her medication help my severe gastrisis. i really see the convenience of nearer to my home. also she a lady..

wish to be mum> are u having bleeding or spotting? If not, i guess it's pretty normal.. i had it too last week.. but its much better this week.. not so much crampings already..
happy.gif

flower4> how many weeks are u now?
happy.gif

flower4:
you might want to try kkh 24hr clinic...
went in there for my diarrhea and gastric pain... after taking their medication for like once or twice, at least better le, almost no gastric pain already...
happy.gif

do rest well... i m still waiting for to c my gynae after cny to hear my baby's heartbeat...

wish to be mum:
i checked with my gynae, normal mensural cramps symptoms is ok, unless those cramps that can make u cry... do c ur gynae asap if you dont feel comfortable with the cramps...

hello im urs and rach, i do not have any spotting or bleeding. its just the cramping whch i feel like those menstrual cramp which goes on and off. my gyane kinda make me so worried cos she put me on duphston medication which is to stabilize the pregnancy for those which has history of miscarraiage. but im first time mum to be.. does she think there sometihing wrong wif me that why im being put on duhpaston?

its kinda stressing me out.

wish to be mum...
i guess its ok... coz when i told my gynae i got slight brown discharge, she offer me hormone pills to stablise my pregancy... jus to play safe, i hv no history of anything, this is my first preggy...

hi, I'm new here.

I think I'm about 5weeks pregnant. Read from the above posts that there's no need to see a gynae so early, can wait till 8 weeks to save some $$.

For those who has already seen a gynae, can you please advise what are the supplements that your gynae prescribe?

I've already been taking folic acid and am now trying to drink more milk (about 1-2 glasses a day). Will this suffice?

Now I'm busy preparing for CNY and don't really have time to see a doc. Was thinking of only see a doc after CNY.

Hi Hi,

I am a little confused at the moment. How do we calculate how many weeks into pregnancy am I into? My LMS was 19 Dec and I missed my menses for 5 days already. I tested positive today... So am I 4 weeks or 2 weeks into my pregnancy?

I am suppose to travel for work in Feb. I am not sure what to do now.

New MTB, congrats! Yes folic acid would suffice for 1st trimester if you do not have any other complications. Some gynae would also prescribe some multi-vits. Else you can drink those Anmum milk powder esp for preg women.

Vicky, you calculate from the first day of ur LMP. SO if yours was 19 Dec, you would be 5 weeks this Friday. Meanwhile congrats! And talk to your gynae about your work travel.

Thank you lunaee, I was pretty confused for a while. Thank you for helping to clear up my confusion.

Can we really confirm that we are preggy with the test kit we buy from the stores? Read that there might be false alarms though...

luanne:
<blockquote>Thanks! Bought a pack of Anmum milk. I've been drinking fresh milk since young so I'm not used to the taste of powdered milk. But fresh milk is so $$.
sad.gif
Now, I'm alternating between fresh and powdered milk.</blockquote>

hi all,
i'm ard 4 weeks only (from LMP).. went for dating scan yst..
=) alt cant see much thru V-scan.. only can see a tiny waterbag..

to swt2baby: i oso hav difficulty sleeping at night!! oso waking up 2-3 times juz to go pee..

constipation too..

to Vicky: usually such tests are 99% accurate.. but best would be to confirm ur preg with a gynae, i.e. to do a scan to ensure that baby's in e womb n not elsewhere (like outside F tube etc).. =)

for myself, i tested +ve 3 times on e urine test but i went to double cfm with gynae as well.. 1st time via normal scan cant see anything.. then next using v-scan then we managed to see a little waterbag..!
my 2 c worth..

HI guys,
i am about 5 weeks pregnant.
Went to Gynea A who did not do any pregnant test w me and said if the resutls from DIY is positive then the pregnancy is true. Left me kinda puzzled cos we could not see a thing then. Only the uterus thickening. She said i ws 5 weeks pregnant based on date of last period.
Felt insecured, went to gynea B one weke later, who could confirm after we saw the sac. he said it is bout 4-5 weeks. Boy, this baby thing is so troublesome.
I am experiencing gastric and 'choking feeling (according to my fren, heart burn)
i was not to gobble my food. but to chew real slow to avoid the 'choking feeling' down my throat near the heart. Any one having this'choking feeling'?

my wife missed her period for few days, she is usually v punctual, if not, will b early. she also feels tummy so bloated these few days, but no other MS, she also hv a normal bowel movement. do u gals feel bloated b4 u know u r pregnant? how many days after u missed d last period then can use clear blue to chk 4 pregnancy?

gilbert> you can test from the date her menses is due.. since she already missed a few days... you can get a kit to test liaoz...
happy.gif

Congrats!
happy.gif

Hi fatfat, my gynae put me on duphaston medication too and I am also first time mum-to-be. I am really puzzled why I need to take those pills. I do not have spotting and bleeding like you. Only little cramps and no miscarriage before too.

I think i am getting a bit paranoid now. Keep thinking what's wrong with me. i went for the ultrasound scan and only saw a waterbag at 5-6 weeks. Didn't manage to see any bb. feeling very worried.. my gynae asks me to go back 2 weeks later =(

gilbert> hi there.. i'm surprised if u still yet to test till now.. hahaha.. coz u can tahan the suspense for so long...
happy.gif

If it shows a positive test.. very likely its true...
the chances of u pregnant and it shows negative is higher than u are not pregnant and it shows positive... so if u really see 2 lines.. it should be quite reliable...
Do the test early in the morning..that should contain the highest level of hcg..
happy.gif

And if u really doubt.. buy 2 different brands and try...
happy.gif

happymrskoh> i only see water sac on my 1st visit at 5 weeks plus.. not to worry.. if ur gynae says its ok..then dun worry.. it wont do the bb any good..
happy.gif

I had my 2nd scan at 9 weeks.. my bb is 2.34cm big..and i could hear the heartbeat..
happy.gif

Thank God for that.. so just wait for another 3 weeks to scan again..
happy.gif

hai .. im new here
think im 6 weeks now, but will see the gynae only on 16th to hear the heartbeat
so glad to read that most of the mtb have d same experience like me. bloated, wakes up in d middle of d night, always hungry

does anyone know how to deal with the hungry feeling? i keep feeling hungry every 2 hours, even in d middle of d night. if i dont eat i will feel nausea n will vomit...v horrible

gilbert> depends on which gynae u go to.. some will conduct blood test, some just urine test..

mine i did a ultrasound scan... could see a sac... since it's just 5 weeks plus.. doc says to come back again 3 weeks later... and we were happy with that...

some people would wanna do vagina scan also.. to see the sac and bb and heartbeat if its there already....
happy.gif

so ur wife is expecting??? congrats!!
happy.gif

I just did my ultrasound scan last wk at 6 wks. Supposed to go back on the 21st for the next scan. Hope can see the bb's heartbeat and growth!

Doc says everything is normal during the first visit but think sometimes we tend to scare ourselves with this and that and end up worrying too much.

is it too early to go b4 6 weeks? or wait till 8 weeks, then its more worth d money coz can see bb heartbeat n all?

It might be good to see at 6 weeks cause the doc can check for ectopic pregnancy or any cyst growth in the uterus. Sometimes it might be a bit early to see the heartbeat. But most ppl should be able to see the sac at 6 wks.

wat is sac? is it the pouch where d foetus lies? will it b too late to see doc at 8 weeks if it is a ectopic pregnancy?

Back