1st Time...

Wendy & Sgn,
Now I too tired to look for 1.
Am expecting, so now is M/S and tired
sad.gif

Congrats!!

I always think that couples who have two or more kids are very 'brave' as the living standard is soooo high and the education system is soooo stressful. Everything is so expensive nowadays...sign..So, as for me - One kid is just really enough. Anyway, i did not even plan for one. But, since have...have lor - after 12yrs of marriage.

But, come to think of it..my princess is sooooo cute lor..always look forward to the weekends to spend time with her.

Jasmine,
congrats! How far along are you?? Do take care leh..

Wendy,
you sure you dun want no 2? hehehe recently i met up with my friends. Their daughter is 3.5yo and is my goddaughter. Last time they decided they only wanted one kid..or rather the wife decided that they only wanted one kid cos she said taking care of my goddaughter already can die. (heehehe but i dun think so..i think it's more cos she's very laxed with her daughter..so the gal very naughty!)..but now they say they are thinking whether to have #2 cos now the daughter very interested in other kids and babies...she kept asking her mum to get godma to bring baby josh to play with her! hahaha

Hi nellu,
yep. I'm positively sure. i want to enjoy my time with my girl. And when she starts having her own activities/program, i want to get back to school again. i have stopped now (or rather delay) becos of her as i want to spend more time with her.

what about you? Planning to hv no. 2?

wendy,
go back to school? what are you studying? I'm hoping i can get to do my masters soon...

abt #2..hahaha planning in our heads lah..
happy.gif

i am planning for a 'new' (mid-life) career. So, starting all over again. Currently taking Dip in Counselling - left two more modules to complete. At the same time, was doing BA in Social Science. Dropped after one module - too tiring lah (and also stressful becos of the assignment). So, i am now thinking whether to take up psychology or not....well, i still have time to think. Most importantly, i have to finish my Dip first.

what are your plans? if i remember correctly, you are a SAHM, right?

wendy,
Counselling! interesting...
I did a basic course in Choice Theory and Reality Therapy sometime last year, but haven't got the time and energy to continue. Actually my hubby and I have long term plans of perhaps becoming marriage counsellors...but it's very very long term lah..dunno whether we'll ever do it anyway..

me still SAHM. Thinking of putting my boy to childcare soon and start to work part time. intending to go back to my old workplace. Since planning for #2, alot of old plans got to change, right? I'm waiting for my hubby to finish his MBA first then see how. had initially planned to do masters in comms/international relations/public policy...but I think i may not be able to go back to my old industry in full swing...so may change...

if money is no issue at all, i may possibly pursue music education? if not, become jazz lounge singer...hahahahaha

haha...you so funny leh. Anyway, still have some time to think...my plans will change, especially now with a kid. She will definately come first.

I am also trying to 'potty trained' my girl. Or rather, getting my helper to do it. Want her to be out of diapers. Diapers not cheap leh...may i know where to begin? Should i not let her wear diapers during the day?

Wendy
can try toilet train ur gal by shhhhh.... her to pee each time they wake up esp after a nap.
MIL started doing that to my boy, now we will bring him to toilet pre n after nap, b4 bath. it really helps to save a lot on diaper, now more willing to buy better quality diaper ha ha ha.

Wendy,
can start with some pre-training. If you are not shy abt it, can bring her to toilet when you go and tell her abt the process? We do that with my boy now..cos he's still not yet ready, but we try to lay the ground first.

I don't agree with the older generation's way of doing it cos it's not teaching the kids to be aware of their body signals (i.e. to go toilet). It only makes you/caregiver do more work by having to watch out for their signals. the old way probably only helps to teach the kids to at least do 'some biz' at certain times like before and aft bed...

Hi sgn and nellu,

thank you for the advice. Brought my girl to the toilet yesterday night and told her what was i doing...will try again.

Has also told my helper what to do as to what sgn had advised.

Hi mummies..
Glad to see tis thread active again..

Jasmine..congrats..! How many mths liao..?

Any one went to the toys sale @ taka..? We only went last min..abt 4pm+ yesterday..so many ppl..!!

My girl till now potty train still 'siao siao'..some time want to sit..some time dun want..

Hi Nellu, Wendy & Sgn,
Thanks... I haven't pass my 1st trimester yet. M/S is all over again, but not as bad as #1. I just came back from a tiring weekend. My gal was down with high fever last thursday and I have to rush home on friday half day to bring her to Yu Guo, and continue 3 days have to go there. It was like a battle of war and Im so tired and still have to take care of her 3 nights never have a good sleep. She was having bad diarrhoea and than fever 40.4, see her suffer I so heartache
sad.gif
Never in my life I see diarrhoea until I also don't know what to do helpless...

Hi Jasmine,

Agree that it is always heartache when your child falls sick. I always tell my girl to pass the germs to me, so that she will not suffer....

I am now searching for child care ctr in Woodlands becos my helper has suddenly decided to renew for only one more year (her contract ends nxt yr June). But, i am not keen lor, becos i understand from my colleague that i will still be paying the full package to the agency (to assist me in the documentation) regardless it is for one or two years. All these helpers, thought the madams are so rich meh...so fed up. Anyway, when she starts to list her condition, i REALLY dont like it. No matter how good she is, she is still NOT a family member. So, i have decided not to renew her contract at all. Let it end nxt June. I will send my girl to child care ctr. I was telling my husband - we will manage by hook or by crook!!! Dont want to rely on MAIDS ANYMORE!! Fed up with them.

I am thinking of enrolling her at Sheffield child care ctr, which is one block away from mine. Not really an ideal place. But, with the proximity - i guess i do not really have a choice. I did check out at Kinderland at Causeway Pt. The facilities not bad, but i will have to park illegally when i bring/fetch my daughter to the ctr.

Hi Jasmine,
take of yourself and your girl.

Hi nellu,
Seems like have to delay my plans again..

Jasmine
poor poor mummy n gal, i very scare of going thru MS again unless i dun have to worry about my boy then i can get preg.
do take care of urself can ask hb or other family to help out to look after ur girl? sometimes have to let go for a while.

wendy
dun rush into getting a childcare. must vet thru carefully such as how many kids to a teacher, food n activity for kids are very important!

Hi sgn,

I have gotten all the info and have all the copies of their menu and activities.

I must say nowadays the quality of the teachers in the childcare ctr are just so-so (apologise if i hv offended anyone). Anyway, their salary is really nothing to shout about. So, i guess they are not able to get 'professional'.

Wendy,
i'm also shopping around for childcare center to put Josh by Dec this year...I don't like to depend on maids as well. They all like to do all these kind of stupid things.

abt potty training, thought you might want to read up on it. I was recommended a book "Diaper Free before 3". I'm reading it now, thought it's not bad...you might wanna take a look at it.

Hi nellu,

hv not registered my girl at Sheffield yet. I am trying to get some feedback from Woodlands mummies.

All these maids...really a pain. One is more than enough for me. Even though she has worked for my aunty for 8 years, but still not a family member. She takes good care of my girl...but sometimes forgot that i am the madam lor..Experienced = Complacent.

My husband and i will have to manage on our own.

Abt potty training, my girl now poo-poo in the potty. She is getting used to it (i hope). Next, is to try to let her pee in the potty too. Abt the book, where can i get it?

Thanks mummies,
I better now. Now into 10 weeks already. This time round my MS not as bad as my #1. My girl recovered already thanks. For toilet train, I can't seems to do it on my girl still sigh... But at least she will tell us that she want to shit shit each time round. I think Iwill send my girl to those enrichment class soon. Looking at a center at United Square which my colleague send her son to. Can try out the trial class before deciding to let her join.

Wow mummies..u all so fast plan to send ur kids to enrichment class liao..me not yet leh..my girl coming 16mths soon but i still dun have plans for her to go anywhere to 'study'..lazy mum..haha..

Sigh..these few nites she never sleep well = we also dun have good sleep..dun know why..she keep tossing & turning..

Potty training is really tricky..few wks ago she wanted to sit on potty to poo-poo..now she dun want..! *Faint*

graybecky
hey my boy is just 1 month behid ur gal but i dun intent to send him for any class yet (cos his mummy also lazy) ha ha ha....

my had been giving me surprise last few days, he can say 'protect' when i tell him mummy will protect u cos he said he scare. and FIL was reading some pic book to him yesterday, today i flash some cards to him n he can tell me 'zebra' when i filp to the letter Z! i'm so amaze n proud of my kid!

hello mummies,
just brought my boy for MMR jab today, he never cry! but lucky i standby some sweets ha ha ha....

Hi everyone,
How come everyone disappear?? Shauna, nellu, graybecky, sgn, etc... how are all doing now. Im into my 24 weeks, going to rearch 3rd trimester soon... this time Im expecting a BOY... So close shop after this, really too tired... Do update on each of you and your little ones...

Jasmine
i think long time no update dun remember u are preggy again!
congrats!!!!

my boy just turned 18months yesterday and this morning he told my hubby that he 'ta bian' and point at his diaper today ha ha ha....

hi mummies,

long time no ' talk'...

hw are you all...hope every one's fine.

in regrds to potty training...hw do u all train your kids?

my boy still doesnt want to sit on the potty.

he will just squat and tell u ' eee' and make the smelly hand sign when he want to poo.

then he will poo in his diapers...

Hello everyone, i also wonder at what age must i start to potty train my boy.. he is 16 mths now.... my mum keep on asking me to train him hence very stress as i am working then mil seem like dun care cos she is looking after my boy... he is still in 24 hrs diapers....

bunz/ evangeline
well i ried potty train my boy but he dun like it, mil also stress me but i'm so lazy.
she tried carry my boy over the toilet bowl and he managed to poo there.

Hello Everyone..

Merry Christmas..!! (I know its a bit late but still its the tot tat counts rite..haha)

How have u all been..?

SGN..I'm not planning for #2 yet..too bz with tis one..*faint*

Jasmine..congrats..!! So u bought all the stuffs yet..? Tis one is #2 rite..? Is #1 a girl..? (I keep forgetting)

The potty topic..my girl @ abt 16mths started to show us she wants to poo..she points to her diaper..but then dun want to do it on the potty..i think she was abt 18mths when she became more willing to sit on the potty..but then sometimes she'll want to stand up..recently (she's 20mths) then can sit till the end..

Wat I did was give her a small toy to hold when she's doing her 'biz'..my friend pass me a 'Elmo CD'..its 'Elmo's Potty Time'..Elmo explaining tat to use potty is common & so on..quite interesting..I let her watch tis CD 2 or 3 times liao..

Dun stress..I think tis sort of things will happen naturally one..my girl still can't tell me when she want to pee pee..slowly lor..

My girl recently refuse to drink milk..I sooo upset/angry with her..*faint*..!!

graybecky

Happy New yr to u too!!!

my boy also can tell me he wants to poo poo but sometimes false alarm, so dun know when he is telling the truth. even we put him on the potty he will protest and wanted to run away from the potty!

Happy New Year to everyone still on tis thread, seems like most mummies already out of this thread liao...
graybecky,
I only brought clothes as most of the stuff can be reuse.
My #1 is a gal, tis 1 is a boy.
Potty training:
Your gal is good. I being trying so hard to get her use the potty but seems like she don't like to use it at all. Always hit in her diaper and than tell us after its done sigh...(She is over 25mths le)

Jasmine,
Think she's quite good..hehee..can tell when she wants too poo..maybe cos since young she dun like to poo on dirty diaper..most of the time change clean diaper then she poo..(waste $$)..so maybe now she prefer to poo without the diaper..still can't get her to tell us the 'wee wee' time..

Hey mummies,
Anyone brought ur kids overseas? I'm thinking of bringing my gal overseas (for short holiday)..any advise / tips..? How did u all handle the plane trip? Is it too young an age to travel?

graybecky
recently i bought my boy to batam. it was a good experience yet tired trip. got to pre-plan to suit my boy's routine.

hi greybacky
i'm still around, only come in once a while. busy preparing for my boy's 2nd birthday.

hi mummies,

long time never login, hope u'll still remember me. juz given birth to baby ashton thru c-section on april's fools day. he's weight 4.145kg & 53cm at birth. currently looking forward to end my confinement. it's quite stressful as my mil is helping me but couldn't get use to it & hav to look after both child.

Jolene,
Congrate to U. Me also given birth to my boy Ethan on 11th Feb. Just started work after 3 months at home. So tired... Wah!! your baby so big ah, what did you eat?? My boy came out early as expected, actually gynae gave me a date which is on the 24th Feb by C-sect, but my water bag burst when Im getting out of bed in the morning.

Wow..congrats to jolene & jasmine...!!
Hmmm..a quick question..how did u 'prepare' ur 1st kid for the arrival of the new baby..I'm 8wks preg..told my girl I'm preg..got read some books regarding babies to her..but dun know how else to 'prepare' her..any tips..?

graybecky,
When your tum tum get bigger she will know that she have a little brother or sister coming... For me when I expect my 2nd child, I got 1 DVD showing how baby grow inside mummy tummy, its a progress of baby growing day by day and months by month. My gal so funny watch so many times and kept telling me baby got blood on body as the disc also show the delivery process. And hor nearer to your due date buy a toy or something she likes, tell her is from di di or mei mei, and she will be happy.

hi graybecky,

i juz point to my stomach & told her di di inside. ask her to 'sayang' the stomach & bring her along for gynae's appt. now she everyday wan to carry, feed & sayang him.

wow congrats to both Jasmine, Jolene and Greybecky.

ya taking care of 2 kids is not easy. pei fu pei fu!

graybecky,
I got the duplicate copy from 1 of the mummy in forum, a lot of mummies ask her to dup. it and we pay her the disc and the cost of handling fees. If U want I will have to go home and look for the disc. Funny things is my gal like to watch it again and again wor, when I haven't pop yet that time. Let me know if U want a copy.

Back