1st Time...

Hi graybecky..welcome..i am new here too, nice meeting you...My gal born in Jul 07.

hi gals!
nice meeting u gals here!my gal born in aug 07!
i`m still having my maternity leave...
well..lets start a topic here?
I believe u gals already bring ur bb out for gai gai?
Can share ur experience?
As for mi,last weekend plan to bring her out but she`s cryng non stop for almost half an hr eventuaqlly mi and hubby stay at home....we scare she will make a scene outside..
so today we plan to bring her out again.... hopefully will be a pleasant trip.

Hello Kimmy,
managed to bring ur girl out today?
for me..1st time we brought her out was for her jab (after her 1st mth)..my mum's advise is we carry her all the way instead of putting her on the pram..reason being she's young & might get scared of new environment..in the end..she also got cry..but not as bad as wat we expected..fr then on we continue to carry her whenever we go out..she cried another 1 or 2 times..then she's ok..when she's abt 3 mths we slowly introduce her to the pram..she likes it but will only stay in there a short while..but it gets better as time goes..now she can sit in there for quite a long time without making much noise..

hi gals

i brought my bb out almost daily when the weather is good for grocery trips ;-)

initially he will cry and cry but i keep on pushing the pram, ignoring his cries and soon enough, he sleeps all the way thru the trip ;-)

of course, gota make sure he has no poos or diapers not superb wet or he's not hungry lah then i do such things... knowing he only wants to be carried all the way. but but but, difficult for mummy to go shopping like that mah. so i very cruel to him loh hahah

Hi gals!
Yes!I bring her out today but only for miserable 2 hrs....haha
Initially mi and hubby planned to bring her to vivocity as it`s more spacious there and also there is diaper changing room for bb....
But eventually we backed out and decide to jus go nearby our vicinity great world city for a trial...
We purposely wait for her to finish her milk first as by then she will be sleeping(can tell i very scared hor)I then put her on her pram den she slept for amlost 45mins and wake up. When she wake up she look here and there as if it`s a new environment for her. But halfway she got hiccups..den no choice hug her out to give her some water den from there the drama start.. she become very unstable and keep crying liao... den no choice mi and hubby chop chop drive home liao..haha...how ar? i very scare to bring her out le..wait she cry non stop very pei seh one le..
i everyday wish she can faster be like 6 or 7 mths old...at least can really play with her and she wont cry that much...

hi gals,

1st time mum too. my girl's born in sep07. juz finished my confinement. after the CL left, not used to it. this two days my girl refuse to drink milk and was worried. during my confinement, her feed was quite regular but now the time schedule went crazy liao.

Hi Kimmy,
Take things slowly..babies grow up very fast..before u know they'll be 6 mths..like mine..sometime when I look back..I think..should ve carried her to sleep more often (I know some say its bad)..now she falls asleep herself..so I not much chance to carry her to sleep liao (unless outside)..aiyo..no need to pai say..cos all children go thru the crying stage..
kao_smile.gif

Hi Jolene,
Do u breast feed or bottle feed? For me..I breast feed directly for 3 mths..so dun have much problem..the "problem" starts when I went back to work..daytime my mum feeds her..& slowly she got used to my mum..sometime sat & sun she also dun like us to feed her in the day..but husband & I keep trying..now better liao..if it was ur confinement lady feeding her (bottle) I think ur bb "miss" her lor..slowly..dun rush..let her get used to u feeding her 1st..then work on the "schedule"..keep us updated..
kao_smile2.gif

graybecky,

my gal refuse to latch on and i dun have much BM. so i'm giving her EBM + FM. i also think she miss my CL. working hard on feeding but feel quite sad seeing her like tat. luckily my hb around. can't imagine 2molo when he return to work how to cope. when i tink of tis, my tears will keep running nonstop. even my hb also can't stand me, keep telling me to turn off my 'tap'. *sign*

Hi jolene,

we are bout the same. During my confinement period also EMB + FM...but after my CL left maybe is due to stress cos i`m taking care of bb alone...so gradually my BM become lesser and lesser...now no more EMB.Only when she cry non stop now that i will let her latch on for a while.Hai...really miss my CL so much.Now really feel so tire and exhausted and also no life...every day jus take care of bb only. But whenever i see her smile,i jus tell myself is actually worth it.

Hi ladies,

My girl was borne in late August 07. Seems like most of us are afraid to bring our bb out! Same here. My hubs and I can only manage to bring her out for about 4hours max, after that we must head home so she can catch up on sleep plus she doesn't suckle well in nursing rooms (too distracted by bright lights!). If she doesn't nap well, she will turn cranky.

hi kimmylian,

actually i dun really like my CL as she was very very unhygine. i didnt send her back cos she's very attentive to my girl. as for the EBM, i can only achive 40-50ml per day (lazy to pump). oh yes, the smile really can melt away all the frustration. even with the treat in her mouth, still she can smile at you.

Hi stepford,
Ur girl is also late aug?Mine on 26th..u? Haha.. really not easy to bring bb out...even go places like nearby shopping mall we have to pack up alot of things b4 setting off.

Jolene,
I also dun really like my CL,miss her bcos with her ard i can have full rest but now really nt enough sleep...my gal usually wake up at 7plus den i start my day liao... soooo tire.When my CL is ard i can acheive 300ml per day but after she left really dropped drastically.

Hi Jolene,
I understand..still can remember the 1st day my husband went back to work..I cried..thinking "how can I cope"..my mum still with me leh..!! See how "siao" I am..so relax..enjoy the moments u have with ur girl..no need to turn off ur tap lah..just control the flow..I'm sure u can manage ur girl alone..jia you
kao_clap.gif

hi graybecky,

thing seems to go quite smoothly for me yesterday. guess wat, she 'merlion' 3 times in a row with huge aamount of milk, was quite worried. so bring her to see PD last nite. PD told tat's too much wind inside the stomach & maybe burping method wrong. taught burping method, give medicine for colic then go hm. *OMG* who know after feeding, merlion again. so stressed out. already two days never get to sleep & eat well liao. *sign*
HB also not supportive enough, keep telling me everything i do is wrong. anything he do is correct!! juz becos he ever help his mum look after bb before. think going to collapse liao.

kimmylian,

regarding BF, my MIL keep asking why no latch on instead. explain to her low supply & my girl too refuse to latch on. everyting when BF her like going to war. but she never understand wan. whenever she call, will nag why never direct latch on and give EBM and so on.

Jolene,

u mentioned "whenever she call" so i assume you are not staying with you in-law right? So it is still ok to tell your MIL that you latch directly lah ....

For my case i can't do it as i am staying with in-laws. Initial stage lagi worse because each time when my boy cry, she will rush into my room this will make me feel uncomfortable as sometime I am doing breastfeeding halfway thru .

jolene,

ya lor... i agree with shirley. can jus tell a white lie saying u direct latch lor..at least ur ears can be spared by nagging.

mi too staying with in laws as my flat nt ready yet,there is also an incident when my girl cry and i`m halfway pumping milk for her den my mil use key to open the locked door,behind her is another grandchild who is 4 yrs old...i quickly pull down my top! wat if the 4 yrs old saw wat i`m doing? Although my mil meant well that she wan to carry my gal out for mi to concentrate on my pumping but was totally caught unprepared.

hi...
i've bring my bb out on his full month, we brought him to taka and shop for around one hour+. he is 4mth now, if i bring him out along i will sling him or use stroller if hb is around

Hi Kimmylian, my girl is 4 days later, borne on 30th Aug. I'm another kiasu mommy; like to bring 3 sets of clothing out just in case place too cold, too hot or whatever. So even though I'm bfg, my diaper bag is totally stuffed!

Hi Jolene, take it easy. I remember it was difficult to latch my girl on initially. Had to let her suckle first then feed EBM. It took us about 4-5days before we can do direct feed and then I dumped the pump.

Hi Shirley, you mean your MIL never knock on the door? Better lock the door then else if not her, but someone else unknowingly enters the room while you are bfg.

Hi Jolene,
Good to know tat things went on well for ur shopping trip..
kao_cheers.gif

As for the "merlion" part..think u can try tis..I use to feed my girl one side (breast) 1st after tat I'll burp her..then let her feed on next side..a bit tough lah..but like tat she dun "merlion"..I burp her even though I breastfeed..some ppl say no need but I find tat it's better to..@ least my girl dun "merlion"..
Wat med did the doc give for colic..? I gave my girl Infacol (below 1st mth) & now is Gripe Water (after 1st mth) U can try to apply Ru Yi Yu..
Have u tried feeding ur bb @ the same place all the time? I feed my girl on my bed every time (for the 1st mth) till she know how to latch on..in tis way..there'll be no "change of environment" for ur bb..maybe she'll latch on..
Dun stress too much..will affect milk one leh..

Wa Shirley & Kimmy,
U both didn't lock door meh? Or @ least tell them to knock before coming in..if not very "pai say" one..for me..if anyone comes in will "disturb" my girl's mood..she's very curious (kaypo) one..hehee..so everyone knows not to enter the room when I'm feeding..

Hi Jolene, same as graybecky, I also burp my girl even though she's breastfed. You can also prop your baby up for about 15mins after each feed so that the milk stays down.

hi,

thks for all the advises. my MIL came to my hse today, luckily my HB around to 'entertain' her. i usually express out the breast milk. but today no choice hav to latch her on for show show lor. anyway, mayb wan to totally give up on EMB liao as supply is super low. my gal today quite alrite leh. mayb got people around so dun feel so helpless. will see how 2molo. my hb will be taking his paternity leave from thurs to mon, can wait for thurs to come.

hi all,

these two days my girl is drinking less milk which make me worried. i remember on the 3rd day at hospital, she can drink up to 90ml. during confinement, she uaually drink 3.5 to 4oz. but now only drink 2oz with interval of 3hrs. is it alright?? or is it bcos of the wink inside her boby. pls help!!!!

Hello Jolene,
Ur girl is abt 2mths? I would advise if possible try to fully breastfeed till abt 3mths (if u want to continue giving her breast milk) cos expressing will not help to increase the milk supply..latching on will..dun give up..when my girl was abt 2mths..the milk flow dropped quite a bit even though I fully breastfeed her..didn't express @ all..sometime its due to stress & tiredness (lack of sleep)..I continue & the milk supply came back..
As for drinking less..I'm also not sure why..maybe u can call ur PD & ask..

Hi Mummies,
Any of u stay home mum?
Today is my last day @ work..
I'm intending to stay home for awhile..maybe 6mths...

graybecky: my gal 4wk+ only. it's no tat idun wan to latch her on. she's too cranky and always wan to 'battle' with me. whenever i put her near my breast, she will pretend to sleep. if not she will struggle all the way. even my HB also can't stand her. wrose still, my left breast nipple is inverted and totally no milk supply. if my gyane know tat i give up BF, she will sure nag at me wan.

graybecky: my gal 4wk+ only. it's no tat idun wan to latch her on. she's too cranky and always wan to 'battle' with me. whenever i put her near my breast, she will pretend to sleep. if not she will struggle all the way. even my HB also can't stand her. wrose still, my left breast nipple is inverted and totally no milk supply. if my gyane know tat i give up BF, she will sure nag at me wan.

Hi Graybecky

I did lock the door but my mil use keys to open lor...faint

Hi jolene,
what i know is that as long as ur bb is sleeping well and gaining weight,is actually ok for her to drink lesser...

mummies,
have u all read the news on the poor baby that have been abandoned by his parents? So poor thing...last time when i`m not pregnant already cant stand this kind of heartless parents,now that i`ve given birth,my heart really feel sorry for the little life.Some more he weights 3kg,it`s already a full term baby.... poor boy.

Hi Jolene,
Did u massage ur breast? Use warm towel & massage..its helpful..
My right breast also inverted..can feed (in fact I noticed @ the later stage my girl seems to prefer the inverted side)..only a bit harder..did the nurse @ hospital teach u how to?
Did u use Avent's Niplette..? Its good..I start to use it after I was 8mths preg..after delivered I didn't use liao..cos my girl can latch on quite well..do u want to give it a try? Cos I read the instructions can use it 5 mins before feeding the baby..if u want I can sell u mine..used less than 2 mths..

Actually my MIL did knock the door, just she never wait for me to say "come in" ....

She just knock by telling me "i am coming in now!"

For me i dun like to breastfeed in front of them ....

graybecky: i'll try for another week and see how. my hb taking leave this few days. he wanted me to go out 2molo to relax myself. so 2molo is my day off. will b metting my collagues for lunch then to hair salon to do reboning. hair is really in a mess.

kimmylian: tink she lose some weight. but her feeding start to improve liao. thks

Hi jolene,
That`s good! I still rem after my confinement the first thing i did is to do rebonding! haha...really cannot stand my messy hair..
U mean ur hubby take care of baby alone? Wow...so capable ley! Enjoy urself 2molo!

graybecky, welcome to the SAHM club!!! I'm another SAHM. How was your first day at home with bb alone?

Jolene, and kimmylian : I think I wanna try feeding bb some EBM so that I can steal some time to myself and get a haircut. Hair also messy!!!! How long does it take for bb to get used to bottle feeding? Any tips to get started? I have been direct feeding so far.

so envy all of you can SAH. everyday i have been dragging to work and looking forward to go home. and wondering what my dada doing at home

Hello everyone..!! My 1st day as a SAHM was great..spent lots of time playing with my girl...hehee..also I went to cut & color my hair..my mum was saying since its my 1st day as SAHM she give me "grace"..let me do watever I want 1st..hahaa..so I decided to "make myself pretty"..(after seeing tis thread I think most mothers like to make themselves pretty)..I didn't color my hair since I know I was preg..cos I heard tat its not to good to color hair when preg..then after giving birth the PD told me when breastfeeding try not to color..so I "ren" till now lor..

Hi Mummies,
Anyone needs the following items..? (Or know someone who needs them)

1) Bedside Bumper - BN (never used..still unopen)
2) Breast Pad - BN (1 box unopen) & Milk Bag (5pcs)
3) Bouncer - Used for abt 3 mths

Let me know if anyone interested hor..thanks

Hi girls,

wah... din come in for a few days and this thread flooded liao. Anyway, Jolene, maybe u want to go chk wif ur PD if ur baby have reflux or not. Coz my girl was throwing up milk badly in her 2nd month also. So scary, can merlion very far n very hard, sometimes thru her nose. My PD told me it's projectile throwing up. She can throw up n spurt all over me n her clothes all clean. Later, PD told me might be reflux n prescribe some med for her. She was better after that. U might want to monitor n record down how many times she throw up n let ur PD noe the next time u visit.

Anyway, I got no life! Baby very sticky n I can't go out at all. Plus she very fussy n curious. She wun drink milk at all when bring her out coz she 1)she prefers to drink in the comfort of her bouncer where she can lie down properly n 2)she will be too busy looking at EVERYTHING when we r out. So afraid to bring her out now.

I'm starting work on Mon, so envious of u SAHM!

graybecky : I'm just thinking of colouring my hair again but always wondering if it will affect my bm. how long did you wait? What milk bags do you have? I'm looking for lasinoh bags right now. Girl suddenly sleep through the night and so have to express two feeds these days.

Jan : Wah! And I thought my girl had it bad. At most she just throw up the milk on me but never a projectile case. I feed her gripe water and it seems to help alot. These days, I just spend more time burping her, in between feeds, and prop her up after a feed.

jan, my boy also throw out milk and thru his nose, very heart pain we add ridwind in his milk then he is ok...
i hope my boy will stick to me all day long haha.. cuz he is taking care by my mum and helper and now he only can pacific by them to sleep, if he is in my hand he will cry and cry that make me very sad

Back