1 year birthday Celebration

hihi

I ordered this cake from Pine Garden for my girl's 2nd birthday.
Very satisfied with the order.

1847978.jpg

hi bbroom,

they actually do this cake design for u? very nice. looks similar to what smiling orchid do leh..
how many kg is ur cake?

hi j_popo,
it's a 2kg cake. actually it also comes with a 3D icing sugar name for my girl, but we forgot to put it...oops..haha

bbroom,
I'm more interested to know how much PG charge you for this, especially the artist charge since they copy SO design.

hi bbroom,

like to know the price too. coz really like ur cake design. If PG can do this design, i prefer PG. coz Pg cakes taste better than SO. Hee.
What flavour did u choose?

i got it from one of their standard design cakes. the tower, strawberry and fish is designed by them. I bought the Pooh Bear Candle and sesame street figurines by myself.
I paid $87 for this 2kg cake. ($36/kg + $15 artistic charge).

In fact, i ordered 2 cakes.
This is the other one i had on Saturday at my in-law's place. I ordered lychee martini cake coz all the guests were adults.
This cake is 1.5kg. Also their existing design. $69 including $15 artistic fee.

I wanted to order from SO but they closed at 5pm..can't make it down to their bakery to order and they need at least 1 week advanced notice.
PG only needed 3 days.

I choose fresh strawberry flavour becoz there are many kids in my family.

the coordination was rather easy coz I didn't modify much from their existing designs. Thus, I just need to quote the picture number and tell them the changes and colour. That's all.

1850834.jpg

hi bbroom,

for the designs, u go personally go down to select in their shop? or they email u the designs?

both cakes are nice.
happy.gif
how's the strawberry flavour? nice?
duno what flavour to get for the kids.

bbroom,
just to check, you mean there's a pic of this design cake in their album now? Or you tell them to do this design?
I asked becos I emailed them something similar like this and asked if they could do it and they told me yes. End product of mine was a plain cake though.
Basically the theme is almost 95% similar to SO design, the strawberries, rainbow walkway, pool, balloons, wordings. The only difference is SO is using some sort of paper castle. I dunno how to justify for pricing though cos the figurines' prices are not included. But it's good that PG can do this.

j_popo,
erm, can forget abt strawberry cake. I dun find it nice at all.

j_popo,
i asked them to e-mail cake design for girl and i gave them the theme then they sent me the pictures. The original cake was a 2-tier, top tier is what I ordered and there was a lower-tier too. Since I only wanted a 2kg cake, I took only 1 tier.

Strawberry flavour is ok, quite light. My girl doesn't like chocolate so I didn't order the triple choco. That's also nice if u like chocolate.

Jenny,
They have softcopies of their cake designs. They sent to me then I choose from there and modified a bit. Everything was provided except the figurines and candles. The tower is also a cake with a icecream cone on top.
I wanted to order from SO. I saw the cakes that you posted but couldn't make it down before 5pm leh.

i asked them to email me but all designs similar and dun have the one that u ordered leh. i will ask them again. like the one with the castle. Nice! i think pick their design better than i give them new design. Scared they cant deliver and worse..anyhow do. hee. since they got reputation on not following instructions. haa..

oh.. then i think i take the triple choc cake better. hee.

bbroom,
haha, after seeing the pic you posted, then I know what you are trying to say.
I think they can coat the ice cream cone with chocolate or strawberry to make it even more nicer. Good job, however I feel the purple skirting is a bit dim in terms of colour.
Aiyo that's the exact cake design that I wanted for my gal's 1st birthday cake!! But they got me a plain cake instead.

j_popo,
I think you just email PG back the pic that bbroom posted, to save all the ding-dong here and there.

yah... tink i will email them this pic. will amend the colour abit. hope this small instruction they should be able to do it right.

yes.i think if the cone is covered with cream will be much nicer. will ask them that too.

hmm.. the cake looks nice..hee.

bbroom,
can see, got to refresh and wait hahaha...

j_popo,
I think change of colour no issue, can do it right lah kekeke... Try to get bright colours will be nicer
happy.gif

hahhaa all,

I pop in to KPO a bit cos the design u girls talking abt is my son's cake. And to solve the mystery, how PG came up with this design, is I emailed SO's design to them in a powerpoint, give specific instruction on what I want and how I want it. AS for the skirting, I asked for Purple cos the figurines I used were all Barney figurines. But to give them some credit, I asked for the castle in SO's picture but they said they dun have but will try to make one.... and that's the one they made.

My personal experience with PG - u must know very clearly what you want. Give them softcopy and pictures as example. They nearly "screwed" up my second kid cake. Lucky, on the spot, at point of collection, they took it back and "redo" because I showed them my correspondences (via email) and they knew they made a mistake. The second revised cake turned up fine.

HTA

hi hippybabe,

so that's ur son's cake! its nice. i tot its SO cake at first. hee.

guess it's better to self-collect better than delivery right. In any case, there's problem, still can re-do abit.

hippybaby,
haha so is yr boy's cake.
Actually I purposely ordered a SO cake to take pic and to get the figurines, cos I wanna ask PG to do the same theme design. Knowing I have to provide own figurines to PG and they are hard to find in SG. I did email to check with PG lor. They said they were able to do the same design, so I draft out the whole design very clear with instructions. Even the boss said I was very clear and he was upset why the miscommunication etc. Anyway, to cut short, I went for self collection cos they told me delivery too pack. I went 1hr before hand and was told cake not ready. A few customers were waiting also lor. I was running late (haiz.. had to call up for SOS help cos catering arrived at the party venue). When they handed me the cake, I was stunned , stunned until no words out from my mouth wor, I ended called my hb over. No doubt the cake was still nice, but we was terrible disappointed. They did offer to redo the cake and would send to my party venue. But I tell you lah, we dun dare to take the risk and we were running terrible late (cos before that I read abt a posting from another mummy's case, so I actually printed out the email correspondences too, but kena suan by the staff hor). We just took it and feedbacked to them that we were very angry (with the staff attitude) and disappointed (with cake design). Anyway, what past has passed. All I could say was the person who handled the order then was new, and didn't know what could be done and what's not. Everything we asked, she just said yes.

hi jenny,
yah..i remembered your bad experience last year.
In fact, I was very very worried when i placed my order last year. I had to check many times to make sure they got what I wanted correctly.

Luckily for me, both my orders last year and this year were Ok and I requested delivery for both.

i can imagine your dissappointmt! especially after all the homework you have done. My second cake was also handled by an inexperienced staff - lucky i stayed near so they had time to redo. Esle I will be very upset. Even though all cakes turned out fine (in the end), I am also hestitant whether to order the next yr's cakes from them....

I am thinking of trying cupdivint.

bbroom,
haha, forget abt it lah, just let it passed. But I'm really glad to see yours.

hippybaby,
Your boy's cake design was the one I had in mind for my #2, so envy PG did for you!
I'm trying out other bakeries, trying not to stick to one, can try variety and taste. Anyway, my mum and relatives find PG cake sweet, so I switch for other alternatives.
Ya you are right, very disappointment especially they did a good job for my #1 then. Imagine I set more than sufficient time for emergency and yet was late in the end. I dun stay near them, made a trip there then all the way to west (party venue). Sian lor.
I gotta correct my earlier statement, I went 1 hr before collection time that I've set in my mind. But I actually told PG I will collect at dunno 1400hrs or 1500hrs, and I went at 1600 hrs. And they told me my cake not ready. Heart sank ah...
As for home bakeries, most are doing fondant or icing cake, so expect to be very sweet. They do very nice design though.

true that home bakeries can be too sweet... so I was actually think, get a small cake from PG and little cup cakes from home bakeries. This way, even if PG cake turn out to be less than satisfactory, I still have cup cakes to fall back on. Then, let the old folks have the PG cake and kids have the cup cakes
happy.gif

My next party is in Mar09 and it is a Mickey theme.... starting my research now.

Hippy Babe,
my girl also likes Mickey/Minnie.
However, only Bengawan solo has disney cakes.
There's a minimun size for their cakes too.

Hi bbroom,

Do you mind giving me pine garden email address.

Can't find it in their webpage leh.

My girl is going to celebrate her 1st birthday in Nov. Need to quickly source for her cake.. Time running out for me...

Hi bbroom,

Thanks.

Just sent an email to Pine Garden requesting cake designs.

Hope still have time to order as her birthday celebration is on 23/11/2008.

someone asked abt the decor for grassroot club, note that the wall have the care bear picture
1861661.jpg

For Mickey Mouse cake, this is what I have got for my girl and the guest loves it!
1861662.jpg

What we did for her decor at Serangoon CC - Viewing Gallery ! Can consider as one of the venue
1861663.jpg

1861664.jpg

You can refer to this site for more information on the decor www.thebabyonlineshop.com.sg :)

Hi EVeryone

This thread is very informative especially when planning your little one's birthday.
Need help if anyone knows of a place that sell cheap foil balloons (those seasame street characters type?) and latex/mylar balloons that are not inflated. Reason is the place I am holding my son's birthday charge 1.50 for blowing up the balloons.

Thanks.

Hi All Mummies,

Any good suggestions place for 1st birthday party?
Firstly, our frds don't have so many kids. Ard 5 kids and the rest are adults. Ard 25 adults.
And we wish to cater Neo Garden.
But we dn't knw which place are good and we really need to book early as we are going to celebrate my boy in Jan 09.
Pls kindly advice. thanks

need help! Anyone did a High School Musical cake before and if yes, from where? My niece birthday this sat and the mummy has not ordered a CAKE! Gosh....

by the way, anyone can share PG email... I can't seem to find it.

hi hi,
have anyone done thomas cake for 1 year old bd? can share ideas and designs that you have done?

For those who had ordered from PG, can advise on the price range?

I just had a bad experience with PINE'S GARDEN.

2 weeks before my boy's 1st birthday last Sat, I placed my order with cupcake divinity, they reply very promptly on all my queries, though they do not accept telephone calls but I still confirmed and placed my order with cupcake divinity.

They didn't reply in accepting my order. I got worried and had PG as a back-up. I waited for cupcake divinity reply till 3 days before the Big Day, then i gave up. I cancelled my order. As i have a Pooh theme, I rushed down to get a cake topper from the supplier's house and rushed again to PG for my order.

They took down my order very well. It's a 2 tier cake with bottom round tier flavoured lychee martini and upper tier with No 1 shape flavoured Triple Chocolate. My collection time was at 10am on Saturday. I can predict myself to be very busy on that day, that's why i put it as early as 10am, so that i can easily pop by for the collection though my party is at 5pm onwards.

On Friday, i called PG to make sure that everything is OK. On Saturday morning at 9.30am, they gave me a call for overal confirmation again and they said that they're baking my cake now though I didn't ask the reason why is it at that time as my collection time was at 10am. But because I haven't prepare myself to collect the cake, so, by all means, let them prepare nicely for me.

I had so many things to do and i went to PG only at 6pm, before proceeding to my party venue.

There were so many cramping in the store, collecting cakes. When come to my turn, i was shocked to see that some of the figurines have melted and worse of all, the icing was PINK for which I specified to them that this is for a baby BOY. I asked them the reason and they blamed me for not collecting the cake earlier as they don't put collection cakes in the fridge!!

Ok, I said, nevermind, I was running out of time, just pack it and I'll accept the damage and failure.

But they insisted in re-do the icing and deliver to my party venue. I said NO, i can accept those damages but as time was running out, I gave up, paid the balances and walked off and told them that they have to deliver to my place as quickly as possible.

They delivered in 1.5hours time, some of my guests have left before the cake arrived.

To my disappointment, the cake tasted very horrible. Many of my guests complained. Can you imagine that the icing coated was like 1.5cm thick? and the texture is so rough. You cannot hold the cake with your hands as it'll "shatter".

The cake cost $36/kg*3, design fee $25, total $133 excluding topper that I've paid for $18.

Bad experience with PG & cupcake divinity and please be reminded that you have to collect your cake on time as they don't put your cake in the fridge!

I just had a bad experience with PINE'S GARDEN.

2 weeks before my boy's 1st birthday last Sat, I placed my order with cupcake divinity, they reply very promptly on all my queries, though they do not accept telephone calls but I still confirmed and placed my order with cupcake divinity.

They didn't reply in accepting my order. I got worried and had PG as a back-up. I waited for cupcake divinity reply till 3 days before the Big Day, then i gave up. I cancelled my order. As i have a Pooh theme, I rushed down to get a cake topper from the supplier's house and rushed again to PG for my order.

They took down my order very well. It's a 2 tier cake with bottom round tier flavoured lychee martini and upper tier with No 1 shape flavoured Triple Chocolate. My collection time was at 10am on Saturday. I can predict myself to be very busy on that day, that's why i put it as early as 10am, so that i can easily pop by for the collection though my party is at 5pm onwards.

On Friday, i called PG to make sure that everything is OK. On Saturday morning at 9.30am, they gave me a call for overal confirmation again and they said that they're baking my cake now though I didn't ask the reason why is it at that time as my collection time was at 10am. But because I haven't prepare myself to collect the cake, so, by all means, let them prepare nicely for me.

I had so many things to do and i went to PG only at 6pm, before proceeding to my party venue.

There were so many cramping in the store, collecting cakes. When come to my turn, i was shocked to see that some of the figurines have melted and worse of all, the icing was PINK for which I specified to them that this is for a baby BOY. I asked them the reason and they blamed me for not collecting the cake earlier as they don't put collection cakes in the fridge!!

Ok, I said, nevermind, I was running out of time, just pack it and I'll accept the damage and failure.

But they insisted in re-do the icing and deliver to my party venue. I said NO, i can accept those damages but as time was running out, I gave up, paid the balances and walked off and told them that they have to deliver to my place as quickly as possible.

They delivered in 1.5hours time, some of my guests have left before the cake arrived.

To my disappointment, the cake tasted very horrible. Many of my guests complained. Can you imagine that the icing coated was like 1.5cm thick? and the texture is so rough. You cannot hold the cake with your hands as it'll "shatter".

The cake cost $36/kg*3, design fee $25, total $133 excluding topper that I've paid for $18.

Bad experience with PG & cupcake divinity and please be reminded that you have to collect your cake on time as they don't put your cake in the fridge!

My son's 1st b.day was jus over. I got e cake from PG, ordered triple layer chocolate n lychee martini. E taste is ok, most of my guest said it's nice.

But i'm not happy with their service, e person who took my order make me feel as if she not interested earning my money.

I told her my design for e first few calls n she did wrote down n confirm wif mi on e spot. But after she send mi e invoice, some of e details were different. Tis was ok to mi.

But when my cake arrived i was rather angry n disappointed.

1: They only put 2 cake toppers(i provide 5)for mi which is really pathetic.

2: I did ask her to put cupcakes fully surround e side of e bottom cake. In e end only 5 at one side another 5 on e other side.

3: I say i wan e pooh n frenz candle facing small yellow cake, but turn out to b facing e front.

4: She say ok when i show her a pic from PG tat i wan e cloud, caterpillar n snail. But turn out 1 oso dun have!!!

5: I already said i dun wan pink colour cream on my cupcakes, seems like they really cnt follow SIMPLE instruction.

Worse thing is tat she still dare dare charge mi $30 for artistic charge when she did not really follow my idea of e cake. N am really angry to c mummies from e forum who order from them only been charged $25 e max.

luckily e overall looking was ok but am nt happy wif their services n they don't really do ur design when u instruct them.
Heres a few pic of e cake.

1924554.jpg
1924555.jpg

Hi happykids. Thx for ur comments.
kao_smile.gif
U referring to which cake topper? E see-saw C.T i get it from ebay. If it's e Pooh n frenz standing surround e yellow cake, it's from united square.. Forgot e shop name liao..

christaline, you also holding your party at grassroots club?

when is your function?

mine end of this month...yet to choose...but should be elsie or ISS CDC. Dun go for naked fish cos my company function uses them....horrible food....dunno whether so happen we suay or what.

another mummy says elsie so so...but dun order the sweet and sour.....

i feel like going for ISS

Hi,

I am getting some Spongebob Squarepants party items from ebay as party favours. They come in a wholesale lot and I don't need so many. Those interested in sharing, please pm me. Thanks.

Hi Ger,
I used Purple sage for my wedding. Most of the guests said the food's good. All wiped out.

Any one tried Botak Jones? Thinking of trying them for my dd's 1st bd next month.

Back