1 or 3 months wait for ivf after MMR rubella vaccine

WynnTay

SGH told me 1 month delay after MMR vaccine, that is why I went to take the MMR vaccine but the clinic that gave me the MMR injection gave me a letter and stated 3 months of contraceptive

I felt sad to know ivf going to delay 3 month

Last time i took vaccine at polyclinic, it state cannot try naturally for 3 months.

Last edited:
But my sgh ivf doctor say just 30 days or 1 cycle, and encouraged me to go for the vaccine and also the referral letter stated it clearly too.

But was shocked that the vaccine result state 3 month instead

But my sgh ivf doctor say just 30 days or 1 cycle, and encouraged me to go for the vaccine and also the referral letter stated it clearly too.

But was shocked that the vaccine result state 3 month instead

Cos the medicine remain inside our body wont go away immediate that why 3 months is to play safe. U wont know what the impact should u bfp.

Cos the medicine remain inside our body wont go away immediate that why 3 months is to play safe. U wont know what the impact should u bfp.

I read MMR vaccine is a very small harmless virus, and it is recommended to stay clear for 28 days, but still shocking to see the letter state 3 month

I read MMR vaccine is a very small harmless virus, and it is recommended to stay clear for 28 days, but still shocking to see the letter state 3 month

Is up to u since u are the one going through the procedure . I took rubella jab (dunno is it the same as MMR), stop for 3 months of ttc, strike bfp naturally on the following month.

Back