1 month baby celebration/catering

tarynn

Hi
any suggestion on which catering food is nice and not so ex?baby celebration besides at home?

ISS catering is good. i order the $8 per person buffet for lunch. they were very punctual and reliable. but the food portions are slighlty little, guess bcos of the price of the food is lower too.

Hi, i tried a very yummy buffet from Thomson Cathering recently for my co's year end party. U may wanna serach the internet to find their contact.

Not sure of yr budget but i used Four Seasons catering for my bb 1st mth, they are quite good.

Price-wise is competitive to other caterers, but i chose them cos their selection of food is slightly different.

Can try Neo Garden.... Food quite tasty & i have been ordering from them couples of time le... Also have discount for full month, 1 yr old etc... Of cos have to provide proof (birth cert)

u can try Mei Hao 99. Their food quite nice.
I ordered serveral times with them for various occassions.
Thank u

YLS has good food and value for $$. Got them several times and the food is always well received. Kong Ba Pao, Yam Dessert, pineapple rice is good.

Hi can try this from Ejelly which i have ordered for my son. Very good feedback from my guests.

They have many other designs, its not too sweet and much tastier than the other Agar Agar makers. A lot of modern designs too. Price is from $50 with free delivery.

Contact to Ejelly - Mrs Elizabeth Tan 98801106 or email [email protected]

2215124.jpg

just dun take elsie's kitchen. Super poor quality ( like left over food, particles in drinks etc), give the wrong order and when I feedback all of this, they dun even bother to reply to me. Will never use them again.

Neo garden is good. Nothing extraordinary abt the food, simple but at least quality is there.

I ordered Four Seasons Catering high tea buffet for my 2nd daughter full month celebration recently, and end up with a big disappointment...
sad.gif

The Sin Chow Bee Hoon and vegetarian fried rice taste so bad that all my relatives complaint it. End up only 1/4 portion being eaten up...

The mini durian puff is the worst, no durian taste at all and so many left over that we just throw away at the end of buffet... haihhh...

I will rather go for Melrose, at least cheaper and the food quality is there, and most important no complaint from relatives... Friends don't dare to tell the truth as they don't want me to feel bad... but with the left over food, I can understand... sigh...
sad.gif

PrimaDeli durian puff still the best, I ordered their party tray to my office and my husband office, all the food finish and everyone like it at least...

wow i nearly ordered from 4 seasons .. almost taking up same menu as u. good thing last min i changed to neo garden which always never fail to impress.

Hey, i recently chanced upon this cathering call Thomson Cathering. The food is very nice and price reasonable. One must order item is the mee siam.

Personally, i find Neo Garden getting more and more expensive as they get famous. So gave them a miss and chose Thomson.

heyo, I'd like to recommend Broson Catering..value for money and big portions.www brosoncatering.com.sg

Hi,

I've too ordered from Four Seasons catering too ..chose the $20 per pax and and it was a big disappointment. Will never ordered from them again...And the delivery man who came to clear practically dragged the table stand off my living room floor...it was terrible.

yup. neo garden is gd. but the first time when we call up, handle by a guy staff, forget wats his name, never get back to our enquiry for days, in the end hubby call in agn,handle by a lady, gd service. my they have many subsidaries under their neo group. u can check out their website.some halal, some non halal.prices diff too.
had it for my son's full mth. gd review for the mango salad, pineapple rice. ice jelly not nice thou.delivery service staffs r gd.
kriston food aso gd but menus r fix, very limited choices.

jan jan
of course u can do dat. its ok

jan:
if FIL wan dan no choice lor.do a small scale for relatives only lor...
some g.parents like to announce to relatives about their new g.child & to "showoff" to them. They wan to share a happy occasion no doubt I agreed dat its not easy to organise
happy.gif
his first g.child is it?
I aso dun like but hubby & MIL likes. She wan to "showoff" her new g.son, moreover my hubby side alot of relative. home so crowded that day!Had to hv separate sessions for frens. during dat time, MIL called my hubby almost everyday to check on status of buffet & update us her list of relatives to invite. I wan to faint!!!
but my parents opposite fr MIL, dun like to invite.Think I inherit fr them ;)

steph

yes it is fil first 'inner' grand child.

my parents never intervene my decision abt bb, but my in laws always wanna interfere w/ all our decision made for bb that makes me frustrated.

Jan:
I understand, sama sama...
discuss wif yr hubby, if can get him to stand firm wif yr in laws regarding the decisions both of u made. If can, give & take lor
my MIL traditional Cantonese, wan to follow many of their "olden cantonese laws" Thank God my hubby dun like to follow, his mum "na2 ta1 mei2 ban4 fan3" Ha ha...

Think of happy things instead, like yr baby
happy.gif
dun be too stress. get yr hubby to organise d full mth celebration. When is yr bb's full mth? or instead when r u due?

Just 1 funny idea come into my mind, perhaps u can use the current H1N1 thingie to psycho yr MIL. tell her dun wan the buffet to minimise bb's exposure to ppl & diseases... cos bb's immunisation very weak ;P

steph

we still not decided whether to gv in or not...my edd is in oct, n the in laws r starting asking many many bb related qtns....i feel quite stressful in dealing with them.

look on the bright side. things will work out.
dun b stress, can pass on to yr foetus, not gd for u emotionally too. Talk it out wif yr hubby.

Take care
happy.gif

Jan - sori 2 hear of the imposition by your IL. Full month party-wise, get it over with quickly is good -- if you had planned on giving cake vouchers, also don't know if your IL may insist you personally deliver them to relatives? Horrors then! This said, when time comes maybe H1N1 stl or flu season again so use such health hazards as excuse to avoid party?
wink.gif

Can try Neo Garden and Orange Clove for Halal. I've tried Four Seasons and Kate's Catering too for office and personal function.

Still thumb up for Neo/Orange.

hi,
I used Orange clove for my BB's 1st mth.
curry chicken, kong pao fish and choc eclair are hot fav.

anyone can share for venue for bb 1st year party?

Anyone try Liang Food Caterer for buffet recently? Is the food good and the portion enough?

Appreciate any feedback. thanks

if i'm treating my guests for baby's first month to a buffet dinner (venue not chosen yet), must i still give them like the whole full month gift packs?? or can i just diy a small gift pack??

mabes,
I feel its not a mus, up to u.
for me I invited d guests for buffet, no gift packs cos we not d traditional sort.
MIL made red eggs for guests cos ahe strongly feel need to give, so we leave dat to her

Back