1 bedder @ TMC - how much did u pay?

Hi ladies, I didn't know the bags can only use once. In that case, better to get bottles instead. Cheaper this way if you are talking about long term bf.

Aprilpinky, mine is on the nxt day.. but on 12 Dec Orlando having Hep B booster, but i will b gg to polyclinic for dat, nt gg bak to Dr Ong liao..

Haf yet to make decision for the birth ctrl thing.. Mayb juz tell him use condom lor.. heh.. cheaper n easier.. hah.. seriously not very sure.. can't make decision leh..

Hi Celtricia, what form of birth control to use is a difficult thing to decide on. I'm not thinking of using condom as it is not safe. I was considering the patch.

So Janet, u've yet to use any birth control yet meh? tot u delivered quite some time bak? i heard the patch got side effects leh.. so a bit worried too..

Hi Celtricia, I've yet to find out what is safe with no side effects. Putting on weight and nausea is something I hate most.

Hi Janet.. quite true.. its difficult to find any birth control dat doesn't haf side effects.. din ur gynae hurry u to choose one? since u delivered a few mths bak..

Hi Celtricia, my gynae didn't hurry me. I guess he must be hoping I make a 'mistake' so that he gets to benefit. HaHaHa. Most prob I will discuss with him later. Was thinking of bringing my kids to visit him.

Ahh.. Janet.. dat's true.. if we make a 'mistake' they earn leh.. hehe.. tink on tues visit to my gynae, i will juz tell him i've nt decided yet bah..

Hi Celtricia, there is no hurry finding a birth control. In the meantime, if you have no plan for a baby, just play safe. I'm supposed to see my gynae to discuss this with him but find it hard to do so. For him, it's part of his job. But then it is something personal and being Asians, quite hard to open my mouth.

Cel,

I think we will stick to condoms also..safer..the rest of the methods v scary. Insert "there" or arm area which I dont fancy both..all got side effects also..what if forgot to take out..*faint*

Hi Aprilpinky, I don't understand why these methods can be such a headache. Worse thing is the side effects. The whole idea is to prevent unwanted pregnancies. How come there isn't a gynae smart enough to invent a birth control method with NO side effects ?

Janet..I agree..the thot of inserting it already puts me off..somemore what if some way down the road they discover MORE side effects..sighh..poor us.

Hi Aprilpinky, I wanted to go for ligation but chickened out because the procedure is done 3 hrs after giving birth. The thought of going back into the OT is a no-no. That's why I am stuck with the constant worry of a 'hiccup'. Can't afford anymore kids.

Hi Janet, ya.. definitely would not hurry myself to choose a birth control.. so juz haf to take more precautions on our side lor..

Aprilpinky, hee.. yes, gonna stick to condom better.. no side effects.. kekeke.. easier also.. no nid to worry so much.. hee

Aprilpinky/Celtricia, condom no side effects. Anyway, also must take precautions. Don't think so much in the meantime. If need to, just use it. HaHaHa.

Janet.. ya.. no side effects for condom.. kekek.. will definitely use it if nid to.. heh..
wink.gif

Can someone let me know...eventually how much "cash" you paid for the delivery and staying at TMC?

For 1 bedder/2 bedder or even 4 bedder?

Celtricia,
My family is complete. Frankly speaking, we can't afford any more kids and condom is not safe. I'm thinking of going for ligation though.

Janet, u haf hw many child? so fast complete liao ah.. hee.. i also not sure abt having another so fast.. tink i'll take things as it goes lor.. let GOD decide.. kekeke..

Celtricia,
I have 2 kids. 6 year old boy and 14 months old girl. So, you tell me complete or not ? Even if I have 2 girls or 2 boys, enough already. HeHeHe. So stressed facing them, esp the boy.

Janet.. wah.. so gd.. got a boy n a girl.. hopefully my 2nd one will b a ger too.. den will b complete as well liao.. heh.. Hw come face the boy stressed leh? He too mischevious for u ah?

Celtricia,
My son is hyperactive. Stressful as he talks the whole day and don't know what he is up to. Then he takes his sister as his toy - pulls her hand or squeezes her.

Janet
I thought your boy should be able to understand and in a way or another helps you in looking after your gal, example, take diapers, milk bottle etc since he is 6yrs liao. This is what others told me, bigger age gap, the older one can help in a way or another.

Anybody just gave birth in Thomson Medical with the new medisave subsidy (w.e.f April 06) and did not take their 1-bedded package due to staying in deluxe or VIP suite room? Can you share your total bill?

Can any TMC mummies advise me what freebies are given in the TMC package. I recall reading about receiving blanket, mittens etc... but cannot seem to find the thread now. Just like to check what I should bring and what will be given by hospital. Thanks.

Hi angline,
they will give a TMC shirt for baby, receiving blanket, diaper bag, the remaining Pampers diapers, some infant milk formula, J& J johnson wipes - those that come in pre-sterilised glass bottles).Actually, they are not realy free

angeline,
for delivery at TMC, u just need to bring your own stuff such as pyjamas, one set of go home clothes, etc...no need to bring anything for baby coz tmc will provide on discharge, including the recieving blanket and a diaper bag....

here's a list of suggested things to bring to TMC:
- 2 night-gowns with front opening buttons for nursing
- 1-pack cotton or disposable panties
- Clothes for after discharge
- 2 bras (nursing bras if u prefer)
- disposable/washable breast pads
- A pair of socks (if feeling-cold at night)
- cardigan (to put on when there's visitor, etc)

basic toiletries will be provided....

documents to bring:
- both hubby and your NRIC
- marriage cert if u want to do birth registration in the hospital
- all the reciepts incurred, for claiming medisave
- admission letter

hi mummies..is TMC a nice place to give birth?? anybody stayed in 4 bedded room?? so issit spacious..heard some hospital very jammed..wonder how much u all paid for 4 bedded room ..natual birth with epidural

Hihi dsiitan,
I stayed in TMC last Nov when i gave birth to my son. With assisted delivery with vaccum cap and foreceps and epidural, my total cash paid (plus my son) was less than SGD800. I paid for a 4 bedded-room but was given a 2 bedded-room.

actually if you are aiming for a 2-bedder, it may be quite worthwhile to go for the 4-bedder package.

TMC has relatively few 4-bedders so if they are all full, no choice but to upgrade but you still pay the 4-bedder package

My wife just gave birth a couple of weeks ago. For our 1st, we stayed in the single deluxe room - no package. For our 2nd, we just took the single bed package - much cheaper!

Those with a DBS card can opt for an installment plan.

Spikey, how much cash did u pay?? Are we suppose to book in advance or just inform them during admission?

spikey or anyone who delivered after tmc increase price, can you share yr bills for single beded. how much cash do we have to prepar to fork out?

Hi,

I gave birth in March 06. I stayed in 1 bedder for 4D3N Elective LSCS with Spinal. My total cash paid (plus hubby and daughter) was ard $2k.

Not sure if my info is up to date, cause I delivered Nov 03. Price might hv gone up. I stayed in 1 bed room & dh stayed too. 5D4N emergency c-section. Cash payout was ard $3.5k (including baby's package). Lesson learnt for myself, next time opt for elective c-section. Cheaper & less suffering than an emergency c-section.

Thanks Lynn & Valerie! I know it's common to have free upgrade from 4 to 2 bedded. How abt from 2 to single bedded? Anyone come across?

Hi chng, errr what you mean? My frien's aunt signed up for 2 bedded and got free upgrade to single. I wonder is this common or so happened that her 2 bedded is full.

zenn, to wat i heard. There wouldn't be any free upgrade to single bedded leh. Will only happen if 2 bedded is full ba. Anyway, I'll be going for my med appt on Mon, will check with Doc and update you.

zenn, I checked le~ No free upgrade to one bedded leh. But anyway, I'll still choose to stay one bedded lah, more privacy...somemore hubby can stay also.

Back