1 bedder @ TMC - how much did u pay?

hi angie, I gave birth in kk in 2004 and tmc in 2006. imo kkh is more ex dan tmc.. you are aldy at 31 wk.. y did u chg ur gynae??

Hi, I have just given birth. Stayed at 1 bedded room.

TMC will break the bills into 2 parts. 1 for mother and 1 for baby.

Mother @ 1 beded:
Normal delivery 1 bedded 2 days: 1570
labour ward services: 70
drugs/medicine: 68.5
medical supplies: 19.2
procedure: 86
use of equipmenet: 45
accomodation - companion: 150
TOTAL CHARGES: 2008.7
LESS FBI CARD DISCOUNT: 100
GRAND TOTAL: 2004.14 (inclusive of GST)

Baby: 512.50
LESS FBI CARD DISCOUNT: 24.23
TOTAL: 512.69
Baby doctor professinal fee: 310.50
Less FBI CARD DISCOUNT: 31.50
GRAND TOTAL: 792.14

Medisave (deductable):
Mother: S$550.00 (for doctor charges)
Hospital (mother): S$1150
Baby (hospital): S$350
Baby (doctor): S$50

After deducting medisave, we paid S$1.3K plus in cash.

Mine is just for reference only. Not all will be the same as I have FBI card so got 5-10%discount on both my baby and mine hospital bill.

I also have GBS during my pregnancy and have to drip antibodtics (chargeable) during delivery. And used hte labour ward for less than 2 hours only. Think they charge the usuage of labour ward by hour.

Hope that the above info is useful (although a bit long winded).

Sorry, forgot to mention that mine is without epidural. Used laughing gas and injection at my thigh for pain relief. Bill is based on my hospital stay 2 nights from 31 march to 02 april 2007.

The services provided at TMC is great (my 2nd time staying there). The companion and confinement food is good and we kept eating all the time. 8am breakfast, 10am teabreak, 12pm lunch, 3pm teabreak, 5.30pm dinner and 8.30pm teabreak.

Nurses always around to assist us in breastfeeding. Taught us how to clean our wounds after urinating also(which they didn't during my stay 5 years ago). Now their services improve alot.

Hi Nyssa and DD
Thanks so much for the info. I tried to change gynae partly bcos I heard KK was cheaper, but mainly bcos I'm a bit scared that Dr Lim have a lot of patients went thru operations and I want to have a normal one...

Turned out that at KK if I dont want medical students and trainee doctors to be involve or even do the stitching for me, the delivery cost also quite high not to mention the check up cost. I think the Dr at KK is about the same as the one I saw at TMC. But I paid for $90 and onli talk to gynea for abt 5 mins
sad.gif

But they said KK is very pro of natural delivery and the doctor will try in every way to have normal birth, so still thinking...

Let's say if i stick to the one at TMC, if I insist for normal the gynae will not send me for operation right ???

Again thank u so much for your advice !!!

hi DD may I ask you what is GBS ? Thanx......
Also, why there is charge for accomodation - companion ? since u stayed 1 bedded your companion should be allowed to stay FOC rite ?

Hi... I am working in overseas and will be gtg back to S'pore for delivery. But now (30wks)haven't not seen any gynae in TMC. Hope to have recommendation from mothers or MTB so once back to s'pore the female gynae can follow up asap.

Sorry...abit out of thread
happy.gif

Angie,

I dun know about DR LIM. But my gynae (Dr Phyllis Liauw)always encourage natural birth. She doesn't even encourage induce. Both my deliveries are natural birth w/o epidural. Think most gyane will encourage natural birth unless emergency. My gyane charged me S$90+ for 1st consultation, sub consultation is S$60+.

My neighour gave birth her 2 child at KK. She was left alone at the labour room and asked to ring the bell if she's about to give birth. Her gynae wasn't around to give birth. Maybe she's 4 bedded.

I used to see KK gynae at AMK during my 1st pregnancy, i changed after my first visit as he said "If got miscarriage means miscarriage one, you can't avoid it. Even you lie on the bed also will miscarriage." Seow one, how could a gynae said such a thing! Cursing me to miscarriage is it? Luckily, nothing happen, my pregnancy was smooth.

GBS is Group B Streptococcus. A bacterial found in vagina and rectum. 1 in 2000 baby may get GBS during labour and delivery. May cause baby to stillbirth. So have to drip antibodtics during labour to prevent baby from getting it.

Was charged for accomodat ion - companion cos he needs to pay for the extra bed and meals.

Ivybb,
My gynae is Dr Phyllis Liauw at TLC Clinic 3rd floor of TMC. Please read this thread on female TMC gynae http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/321821.html?1174276453 for more info.

hi,

Can anyone advise me how does medisave work for the whole process?
how do we claim medisave for the bills paid?
Bills for seeing Gynae during the 40weeks has to be paid in cash first and then claim it?

so lost... thanks!

You just keep the receipt (they will advice you which receipt to keep - i think is prenatal package if i am not wrong)and bring it to the hospital when you give birth. The cashier will assist you on medisave claiming upon payment/checking-out.

Yes, we pay cash first then claim medisave.

Hi DD,
I'm seeing the same gynae as you too - Dr Liauw. My EDD is ard mid-Aug'07 & already decided to deliver at TMC. May i know which PD did you engage when you last delivered? Did you choose yrself or recommended by Dr Liauw?

I didn't choose any PD during my 1st delivery in 2002 as nobody ask me and TMC arranged Dr Heng S K.

I chose Dr Heng for my 2nd baby as Dr Liauw asked me which PD I want.

Hi DD

For your delivery in TMC, did u sign up for maternity packages or u went "ala carte"? coz i read in this forum that if we opt for maternity packages, we are not entitled to the FBI card discounts such as $100 off total hospital bill, 5% off gynae's delivery charges etc? But i saw from your detailed hosp bill breakdown that u got those discounts
happy.gif

I do not know whether i sign up package or ala carte. I think it is package. S$100 off is for 1 bedded, S$60 off for 2 bedded and S$? off for 4 bedded.

I do not enjoy any gynae discount cos my gynae is not in the discount list.

I only enjoy PD (baby doctor) discount as it is from the FBI/SBI discount list.

The discounts are automatically given by TMC when we paid the bills when their system show that we have the SBI card.

FBI= First Born Incentive
SBI- Subsequent Born Incentive

These cards are actually something like "discount card" which allows you to enjoy discounts at TMC and TMC's particpating merchants - gynae, PD, retail and etc. The fee varies. I paid S$98 for SBI with Citibank creditcard promotion.

hi,

how much difference will it be to stay in the 2-bedded and 1-bedded ? I went to tour TMC rooms. 2 bedded room like quite cramp and does not have as much privacy as I initially tot it will be.

Btw, how do choose the PD ? When must I confirm the PD ?

Tongtong, you can get the FBI card application form at TMC. You will see the form next to the lift and at the main lobby. If you still cannot find, go to the customer service counter.

Lisa, if you have a PD in mind you can let your gynae know. If you do not have any in mind, like mine case, my gynae will recommend one.

hi lisa, i stayed at single-bedded ward. $380 per day for mummy. Chosen single-bedded cos of privacy and even if u hv late nite visitors, the nurses will not chase them away. As for PD, your gynae will assign one straight after ur delivery. Are u seeing any gynae at TMC? If yes, then the assigned PD is also at TMC. PD will do an assessment on ur BB after delivery and will also visit u the next day to update u abt BB's developments. A hearing test is alys suggested. Cost $60.

hi lisa, another thing is that if you stay in 2 bedder, your hubby cannot stay overnight with you. He will have to leave at 10pm and come back next morning.

the 1 bedder rooms have a fold out couch for hubby to sleep. 1 bedder definetely more privacy and you don't have to worry abt noisy neighbour next to you
happy.gif

Not to worry for those whose hubby is driving. TMC will be giving 1 per entry coupon per hospital stay. For those who chosen 1 bedded will be given 1 per entry coupon each day. Thus your hubby will pay S$2.00 per entry rather than the normal parking fee. The normal parking fee is damn expensive. S$2.50 for 1st hour, sub 1/2hr S$1.00.

For 1 bedded if it's c sec with epidural, you could check in TMC's Website :http://www.thomsonmedical.com/maternity_pkg.htm

Hi DD

Saw your post on hospital bill size, your bill is excluding your gynae's delivery charge right? I don't see that item in your bill.

Yup, not in the hospital bill cos we have to pay to the gynae during 24th weeks. The delivery charge is actually a package (delivery + pre-natal consultation).

Hi ladies, hope u dun mind me joining this thread. I am now in the TWW period and hope to deliver at TMC. Do you gals have any gd gynae to recommend? I dun mind male gynaes if he is gd. Please advise. Thanks!

hi sandra,

so did ur hb stay w/ u at nite? did he sleep in the other empty bed?

so u paid the 1 bedded px?

is there any restriction on the visiting hrs in 1 bedded room?

hi jan

yup, my hb stayed w me at night on the other empty bed but I only paid for a 1 bedder room.

When the nurse asked if hubby is staying for the night, I said 'no' cos there'll be extra charges. By right they will lend hb a foldable bed to sleep in if i said 'yes'. But hb stayed on anyway. No restriction on visiting hrs and you can also request for bb to sleep in your room. Perfect for tbf.

Hi Sandra
Thought if you pre-booked 1 beded means hubby can sleep in with you.

I have pre-booked 1 beded but on the day 1 beded was full so they gave me a 2 beded room and my hubby can sleep in the other bed.

I had c-sect stayed for 3 nights and 4 days, paid cash abt 2.2K. Overall stay was nice and comfortable.

Hi Vono
Indeed hubby can sleep in if we stay in 1 bedder but gotta pay abit more for the rental of foldable bed, unless he doesn't mind sleeping on the chair.

hi sabndra,

so when u told the nurse ur hb is not stay'g, then he go n sleep on the other bed, did the nurse know abt this?

so there will not b extra charge for hb to stay over without foldable bed?

is ur 2 bedded room got sofa? w1 bedded room go sofa?

Hi jan
yes, the nurses knew my hubby slept on the other bed as they gotta come into the room to bring bb to be breastfed. For both days, when asked if hubby staying over and if he wans to cater hospital's meals, I said 'no'. Hence no charges...guess they cant do anything if you insist that hubby dun intend to stay over, then last min stayed. Anyway the nurses are too busy to be be particular about this. Their main concerns are the mummies and babies.

In fact if money isn't too tight, I would suggest a 1 bedded for more comfort, privacy and peace. No regrets. Esp when you're so exhausted, and in pain becos of stitches, you really dun wan any added distraction or stress. My intention was to take up 2 bedded if there is any complication eg gotta do c-section (more expensive) cos gotta stay longer. My friend who delivered shortly after me stayed in a 2 bedded. She was complaining that the mother next to her was so loud and dirty. There is only 1 rubbish bin for sharing in the room and her neighbour kept it close to her bed and litter kept overflowing. And as the curtains were drawn for privacy, the cubicle became very stuffy. It was quite squeezy when only 4 friends came to visit. The room also became quite noisy when there are other visiters. What's more, hubby not able to stay overnight, gg to the toilet or breastfeeding at night became quite a problem. She stayed for 3 night, total $5k, $2k in cash.

2 bedded room no sofa, only chairs. I dun remember seeing a sofa in 1 bedded

based on the package leaflet, 2 days means 2 days and 1 night rite? and if we'd like to stay for additional day, there'd be additional cost incurred at $500 per day for the 1-bedded is this correct?

hi sandra,

d nurse so good never bother abt ur hb sleepy at the bed..i remember once my mum did operation in hospital n the next bed is empty, i sat at the other bed n the nurse immediately screamed at me, 'dun sit on my bed!'

if 1 bedded no sofa, then if i dun wana pay for the hb's stay, that means he got no 'extra' bed to sleep, not even the sofa? n he needs to make do w/ the chairs only?

then.. i will hv dilemma in whether i shd take 1 bedder or 2 bedder in future....

hi jan jan,

there is a sofa in a bedder. can be converted to single bed during the night. the companion fee you pay is for meals mainly. quite nice actually and you eat like round the clock
happy.gif

thanks p_p02,

so the hubby meal wil b the same menu as yours? how many meals a day?

read newspapers that mummies can order milo n drinks at the bed? how true? is it solely for 1 bedder?

At TMC, you could choose confinement meal, chinese meal, malay meal and western meal. Only your hubby couldn't choose confinement meal.

On the number of meals a day, pls refer to my posting on 05 april above.

Of course, mummies can drink and eat on the bed, if not how to rest. After giving birth, your stitches are so painful.

heh heh jan jan, with the no of times you eat a day there and in between gotta watch babe and rest, i don't think you'd have anymore time to order extra food to eat
happy.gif

it's like breakfast (8am), tea (10am), lunch (12pm), tea (3pm) dinner (6pm) supper (8pm)...where got time do anything else?
happy.gif

and as DD mentioned above, hubby gets to order anything but confinement food so range is good. my hubby had a gd time with the weatern food which he liked
happy.gif

hi, anyone stayed in the deluxe one bedded? i think they recently renovated their wards.. saw some printouts of the proposed new deluxe room, looked like hotel, did not actually tour the actual deluxe room, anyone stayed that before? any comments and how much? thanks

Hi Ladies! Hope this thread is still alive....

I'm very confused about tmc's charges. Need some help here... Especially the delivery charges that the receptionist (Dr Paul Tseng, TLC) said i have to pay by next wk whih wld be my 38th wk! Cos I made a switch from kk to comsult Dr Paul at wk 37, she said something about I have to pay the delivery fees ($1043 plus) by next wk cos very late already and to bring the receipts i had with kk for claims.

My questions are : Anyone here with Dr Paul Tseng? Maybe you would understand my qns better. But heck, EDD drawing near I need all the help from anyone possible! I always forget to ask questions at the clinic....

The $1043 plus is delivery charges and antenatal package? But why would i need an antenatal package at this point of time?? 38wks?
The receipts she asked me to bring is to help me claim back some money from the $1043+ is it?
So all the cash, hospital, inclusive of Delivery Charges(gynae) that you all paid for non-assisted, totally natural delivery, everything meaning baby too, 2days stay, 1-bedder, hubby staying too, is how much?
Please share..!!

Me and hubby need to know how much cash we must prepare as it seems that medisave claim/deduction is only after we pay fully in cash. ($1000 upon admission is alot..) Is this assumption true??

Or is it upon paying the hospital when leaving, they'll work out the cash balance that you need to pay after deducting the $1000 deposit at admission and also after medisave instead of asking for full cash?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hung (hung)!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! The information is very helpful, really! I still have some questions though so sorry..:p, bring the receipts to the hospital you mean?

Now, because I switched over from kkh and i didn't know that I could keep the receipts for medisave claims kkh is asking payment of $5++ per re-print of receipt, so how much worth of receipts do you think I need to produce in order to get the $450 medisave claim, which, I assume is the maximum claim for antenatal?

Example, currently I only have $384.50 worth of receipts, how much more I need to have to be eligible for maximum claim($450) as I don't wanna waste money to print too much in the end claim the same amount as when I submit lesser receipts. Hope you understand what I'm saying.

Also, would you mind telling me how much medisave were you entitled to in total when you were checking out? Cause I'm afraid in my case my medisave might be too minimal. Besides my hubby's medisave's insufficient for deduction so I have to assume the worst case scenario possible so we won't be short of cash to pay them!

hi, how much did TMC charge for Pampers Newborn? Issit the yellow pack, 36pcs per pack? And what wipes did they use - J&J or Pigeon?
tks

hi wendyg,

pampers newborn and wipes are part of the pkg deal. no indv charge. yes the yellow pack and it's JJ wipes...

Back