1 bedded at Mount Elizabeth

quackers

Hi mummies

Anyone gave birth in Mt Elizabeth recently? Wd like to find out roughly what is the bill like for 1 bedder. Can share pls. Thanks

Hi mummies,

I'll also be delivering at Mt E. What's the chance of getting a 1 bedder? Was told we can't book the room, so it's on 1st-come-1st served basis...I really want a 1 bedder so hubby can stay with me.

HI All,

Same, wanted a 1 bedder for Aug delivery. Nurse also informed the same. Guess will have to make do if there is none available =(

hi gina...which doctor u went to?is it Dr. kek?did u take any package from mount.E?i heard total is 7k exclude the consultation fees every months

Hi
Yes i was w Dr Kek,I must say she is a very gd gynae. I will go back to her for subsequent ones.....however Mt E nurses hmmm need improvement.....it was my first kid i stayed in total 4N natural delivery....cos my son got jaundice n G6PD so pd and nurses advise to stay together w bb so i can bf him and dun need to shuttle up and down...but hor i regreted...shd have gone to next door york hotel to stay haa much cheaper.....somemore first few days no breast milk also ...anyway first time gong gong anythg also follow.....haa...think cash maybe i fork out 4-5K....not very sure but i know per day extra cost me $500.....Dr kek dun have package also

Hi Brenda,

Sorry sidetrack a bit...
Can you please pm me as you dun accept private messages. Its regarding the warning of massage lady Mas that you engaged. i was introduced to her for massage services as my due date is coming close. Please get in touch with me with your story and did you finally get all the sessions you paid for? Thanks!

Hope this info helps.. Just delivered March 2010 at Mt Elizabeth 1 Bedded.
I had emergency cesarian after 2 days of induction, so the bill is higher than normal delivery. Just for a gauge on the upper side of the cost.

A.Hospital Cost
Emergency Cesarean (1-bed package) S$3690
Items additional S$1461

B.Doctor Fee
Gynae S$3745
Anaesthetist S$450 + S$750
(I needed 2 anaesthetist for epidural and for delivery due to emergency schedule)

Total Cost: $10457
Medisave claimmable: S$4400
Cash paid: S$6047

Hi moms

Anyone hv any recent info to share on the cost of staying in a single bedder for a normal delivery with epidural?

well, i delivered like 3 years ago. not sure whether the price is still the same and I forgotten how much it was already.

Needed 1 epidural. Didnt want to take the 2nd one. expensive!

Cher...I'm due early Sep. This is my 2nd baby though..I remember paying around $3.4k (normal delivery w epi + ob/gyn fees + anesthetist fee, all b4 Medisave deduction) for a 2-bedder then. That was in 2006. Wondering if I should go for a single bedder this time for more privacy but I want a better idea of the cost involved.

Hi alhana

I just gave birth this month. Here are the charges for 1 bedded:

(a) 3D2N Package for natural delivery w epidural $2500

(b) Gynae fee $2675
Anesthesian fee $450
Pediatrician fee $300

(c) Lodger $75 per night

(d) GST 7%

Total cash paid = $4.2k
Total medisave deducted = $2.1k

I stayed in Ward A. The nurses there are not rude at all but there were some lapses here and there.... like what TJE said, the nurses forgot to give me confinement food even though I ordered it. Anyway, the confinement wasn't that great so I ended up changing to Western or Chinese. Also, some nurses can be quite blur.... eg they dunno how to syringe milk to a baby properly.

There are 2 lactation consultants @ Mt E - Mrs Yeo and Guat Choo. Guat Choo is the better LC.

The hospital is undergoing renovations now so they no longer have the free Parentcraft lessons every day. As such, the LCs will visit u every morning to check on yr breastfeeding.

I don't think we can choose the ward to go to cos the rooms are subject to availability.

Emergency c-sect in march 2011, stayed in 1-bedded newly renovated ward A with lodger, extended 1 day coz bb needed blue light therapy. Total bill including doctors' fees comes up to ard $15k.

Most of the nurses are excellent, food was good too. I must say despite having to have the unexpected procedures it was a wonderful experience in mt E; I would've been happy to stay longer if it weren't so expensive to extend our stay further! One of the nurses told us the cost for room alone is around $700 per day. We never got an itemized bill though.

Hi Vosiez!

Thanks for the info..Actually I just went for their maternity tour and I'm considering to switch to 1-bedded ward so that my hubby can join me & baby at night
happy.gif
glad to know the food is good too!

Any more recent bills from Mount E.? Thanks.

Seems the normal delivery with epidural package for one bedded has increased to 2900.

Hihi, issit true that the hospital offers complimentary parking for the maternity patients now? If so, the complimentary parking is for how many days? The parking fees there are so expensive otherwise... Thanks
happy.gif

Hi there, just had my delivery at Mt.E. Yes there's complimentary parking as long as the stay. Total bill ard 9k(before medisave deduct for est. 3k) for 1beded (inclds-lodger,1day extra stay,baby phototherapy,pediatrician,normal delivery with epidural,gynea doc fee)...did some comparison with the other hospital's fee,this is slightly higher but highly recommended too. Doc,nurses and lactation consultant I met there are very professional and caring. Hope the info helps
happy.gif

Hi Jacko, I will be choosing Mt E for my delivery too, do you mind giving me a breakdown of your hosp bill? Like how much was your doc fee, baby bill and your own bill etc. Any additional cost that you din expect? So you end up paying $6k in cash? I was actually expecting about $5k cash for mine, so abit curious to know why yours turned out to be $6k. Thank you

Anyone else has recent hosp bill to share too?

Back