0-24mths TTC - MTB in 2010/2011 by Claire Teo hamsterbiz

hi all,
can't remember was i with u... but i can't seem to find the thread i've comm since today morning!

so do we need to re-introduce ourselves n how long we hv tried TTC?
happy.gif
)

cos the thread starts with symbol lorz...
thats y kanna remove la
ok ok...
we re-introduce ba...
is better... i think this thread should be ok
cos most of us are ttc for a few mths to a yr plus
should have no reason to remove liaoz

and JC... yay u in the right thread

me... Claire
earlier this yr i accidentally pregnant, but got ectopic surgery
one of my tube was remove
after that i decided to ttc
so my last af was 24/08
told a course of clomid 50g
today day 32 liaoz, no ovulation or menses le
got brown discharge yst lorz alittle bit onli
then today got creamy white discharge le
i dunno if this is before ovulation or post ovulation
i got use ovulation kit since day 11 lorz but till now still negative

me tcc more than 1 yr liao... still no news...

claire, we sama sama... waiting for ovulation...
now i'm wondering if clomid really helps ovulation... me cd14 still not ovulating... this is my 1st mth taking clomid... previous 2 mths ovulated on cd13 & cd16... mb i'm too anxious... wait for a few more days ba...

Hi all i found the lost thread yest n bookmarked it but 2day try to open cannot liao... din know kana remove. but very happy to find u gals back again...
let me introduce myself. im pauline mother of 1 two yrs old boy. now just started to TTC #2, hoping to b a bb gal..

hi pauline,
mine very irregular since a couple of yrs ago...
yst i actualli post u a thread, dunno if u read...
u doing bbt?
cos u can try on the first day when the temp spike, cos by the time the egg released 1 to 2 days after ur hubby x-sperm will die off leaving the y-sperm
thats one way

hmm... having irregular menses is biggest taboo though but things very hard to say one lor.. cos my sis's menses also super irregular one, mayb once or twice in one yr only.
she went thr quite a lot of procedures trying to get pregnant sthg like manual insertion of hb's sperms to get pregnant still unsuccessful. So she literally gave up

suddenly one day she went to gynea to get some med to make her mense come den doc did a test n she is pregnant for 2 mths liao... so things will turn out well if there is no stress ba... just relax gals...

btw how old r u gals? dun mind if i ask. im 33 this yr age is catching up so dunno still can get pregnant without hassle anot leh...

that's very nice
for ur sister la
i think for us not so complicated yet ba
me 29 this yr
33 very young ma
my sil 33 yrs old preggy with my niece
no hassle, dun worry not considered old yet

I'm 33 too. Am a mother of a girl - 4yrs old. TTC for #2 for abt 1 yr. Worried gap too big liao... so hurry seek gynae's help!
Took 4 cycles of clomid already, last one taken in Sep and gyane check tat I'll ovulate on 18-20 Sep.
Now i'm waiting to see if there is results or not.... will be testing if i'm pregnant in 2-3 week times.

BTW, my menses also irregular one... 2-3 mth once.

hi hi

so happy its friday!! looks like i m the oldest here. 2 more yrs to go before hitting 40 n i hv a 5 yo gal. hv been ttc on-off for 1 yr plus n still no gd news. recently doc did a test n said tat i din ovulate. Dunno whether it is due to age or not.

doc gave me clomid n asked me to go back to do blood test on D21. i hv also booked appt w Dr SF Loh n will be seeing him on D14. Anyone seen him before?

hi JC hi tzac,
ur all so nice got gals liaoz.
nope, my gynae is dr devendra from sgh.
jus email him yst abt my late menses
he replied very promptly today le.
i'm impressed.first doctor i email my queries and get answer so fast, somemore he bother to answer my qns.
he say i didnt ovulate this month... aiya...

Claire, i'm a bit confused. I also track my BBT but during my ovulation period (which gynae say), my temp is normal leh! think only after ovulation, my temp will rise..
So does that mean my BBT is not accurate to define my ovulation?
I've also try tracking my cervical mucus, but it's not accurate at all... don't seem to hv those clear, stinky mucus leh!

hi claire,

This is strange as I thought that clomid will make you ovulate. For this month, I did not ovulate but af still report though it was 2 weeks late. How do you gynae knw that you din ovulate? Do u go n check after you take clomid?

Oh yeah, btw, anyone seeing dr sf loh at kkh here?

oh! i read abt it tat some people don't react well to clomid. That y gynae will hv to do ultra-sound (a stick into there) to see if there are eggs or not.
For my 3 cycles of clomid, my gynae nv check for me, just ask me to take n try ML. Only on the 4th cycle, he ask me to go to him to check if i do hv any eggs. Egg size also v impt, cos too small, won't ovulate.

My gynae is from TMC, Adrian Tan.

Ic, din knw that there will be some tat dun respond well to clomid. The gynae tat gave me clomid does not specialize in infertility. Hopefully tis one tat I will be seeing early oct will do a scan for me. Do u think it will b too late to scan on d14? The last time when I took clomid, ovulation seem to b on d14 n I m on 28 days cycle. Not too sure about this time round but tell my hubby gonna work hard for tis round. In the past, always missed BD on crucial days so its always a wasted cycle…

Hi Girls,

Sorry to intrude =)

About BBT.. The temp will rise only after ovulation. As such some people will say try it immediately maybe will strike boy. Coz the boys swimmers swims fast and hence got a chance the egg and sperm can meet.

Taking correct BBT is also important.. remember must take it first thing when you wake up while lying in bed. Try not to move around too much and take around same time daily. Also must get the basal thermometer and not the ordinary type.

I went without protection around 6 months but never strike. I went to see a gynae and shhe give me a set of instruction to do this BBT. Although I heard of it I was lazy to try it. So after the gynae visit I start tracking BBT and manage to strike the next month after better understanding my cycle. I have irregular menses hovering around 25-40 days.. Unfortunately I loss my angels 3 weeks ago and hence is back to getting back my health before TTC again.

So here I am beginning to track my BBT all over again... *sigh*

Do u gals feel tat annual leave is not enuf cos need to take leave see gynae n check?
Though govt encourage us to hv more kids but boss does not give us the allowance to take time-off....
Do u all hv such prob?

Hi ling,

Sad to hear your loss. Let’s jia you together 

Yeah boy, annual leave is not enuf if need to keep going to c gynae for checking. What to do??

hi ling,

totally agree, taking bbt is a good skill to have
it tells alot about ur body

hi all,
if accurate, the immediate spike u see at first would mean the releasing of the egg
and it does take a few days for the egg to travel
most strike boys cos they did on ovulation and day after
with a poll of new sperms after the few occassions the tendency of the day after sperm would better pentrate the egg due to its high activity at first
the use of opk on the other hand would better conceive boys
no matter whichever, healthy baby most impt

hi JC,
y dun u use ovulation kit?
dun stress urself so much
take ur time to understand ur body and bbt
=)

babydustz to all....

oh ya,
ling, i'm sorry to hear
when i lost mine in ectopic i was very sad
but u not alone ok
when we have babies, we'll have a good party
meanwhile, ur angel will be still remembered by us

Hi claire, so right on the BBT.. I was always procrastinating big time but it isnt rocket science. Just put the thermometer beside the bed where you can reach for it easily. After a couple of days you will get to the habit naturally.

Me hoping for girls actually but I like both lah.. just healthy sticky babies...=)

I guess my twins were just too beautiful for earth thus they got recalled back =) It is tough but I look forward to the day where I can carry the pregnancy to full term.

Yap Claire. I did use ovulation strip to test n know i've ovulated (for 2-3 days) when my gynae told me which are the days to ML.
Knew it's a confirmed ovulation cos gynae has seem my egg & give me pregnyl jab for the egg to be released the following day. Today is my day 24 from last menses.

Hi Ling,
we will give each others supports over here....Some bb dust to u too!

BTW, can i know how old r you and is ur menses regular?

Most of us here do not hv regular menses, hence that may be one of the hinder for TTC.

Hi Ladies,
Glad to find this lost thread. I though I searched in the wrong channel.

I'm a mother of 2 gals and is preparing myself to ttc for my #3 in late 2010.
I'm 28 this year
happy.gif

Hi JC,

I am old ald.. and still not a mum yet! It was our plan to start this year but unfortunately it was not meant to be..

I have irregular menses since I was in my teens. My period hover around 28-40 days on average. When my next period is always a best guess. However if the BBT I was able to count more accurate. After the temp raise a count of 14 days will be roughly my AF visit.

I tried the ovulation strip with my BBT measurement. Never once did I get a positive! Duh.. What a waste of money!

hi snnowy, welcome back!

Ling, i'm really not sure abt BBT cos i've checking my BBT and it's always up & down throughout the mth...so don't know whether when is my ovulation. Hv tried the O strip for 3 mths, only recently i've a +ve (last abt 2-3 day). To me the O strip is better.

Anyway, i can share where u can get cheap O strip and Pregancy strip/kit. I got it from this website, http://babydusts.blogspot.com/2007/12/ovulation-test-strips.html, so far it's quite reliable... gotten the strips that i've ordered. My chat friends from mummy.sg also get from her... U may want to give it a try...Remember to go for register mail.

PS. i'm not related to this person whom i've ordered the strips... but tot sharing the gd deals w all my TTC friends..

wow... our thread is getting more active...
happy.gif
got new member..

welcome ling...
happy.gif

so sorry abt ur loss... but nvm, let's all jia you together!
happy.gif

HI ALL,
how ur gals? weekend liaoz
hee hee... enjoy ur weekend

oh tzac,
i suddenly recall...
dun so stress over BD, dun u mantain regular LO every week
like that u wont feel so stress in onli BD around ovulation
cos sometimes guys very sensitive over it and a good thing can end up with an argument

btw gals here's a reference on the abbreviation we've been using.
http://www.babysnark.com/glossary/glossary.asp

oh thats so sweet...
tomolo ar... hm... abit late
cos the surge would happen after 8am today ma
unless tomolo morning la, should be in time
all the best
sure to kanna de

lots of baby dust for u...

aiyo... then must catch hold of my dh... cos he just came back from work... tired & lack of sleep somemore...

wish us luck...
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Glad to find this thread again!
happy.gif

Me ttc-ing since dec last year... still no news lor... will be going to gynae for xray to check if tubes are blocked.. but duno if its useful anot..

hi sunflower,
welcome back
hey the test is good, cos i got ectopic
if i had my tube check earlier, i may not lose a tube and baby
but its going to be abit painful when they insert the dye

hi all,
rem the other time i mentioned i got brown discharge?
till now no menses, i suspect ovulation or implantation spotting le
haiz, we gals so fan de
must wait for ovulation, must wait to carry baby to full term
always worry no ovulation or couldnt keep the baby safe
we very poor thing hor...

Advice needed.
my last AF is 2 Sep, n was told by gynae tat i'll ovulate on 18 - 24 Sep. Can I know when shd i check if i were pregnant.... Cos I KJ too?
Gynae expected me to see him on 5 Sep, but i scare my AF alway irregular, so don't want to waste my trip to see him if not news!

Hi Claire,
is ur brown discharge consider as spotting... cos ur gynae shd give u duphaston (An Tai Yao) to help protect ur pregnancy!

u can check 10-14days after ovulation
actualli hor, even if u preggy
u go back gynae checkup, they will still ask u to go back check baby's heart beat week 6
also at this week to the gynae is the best
shows the developing baby
else all visit are deem too early so week 6-8 the best
rem to take folic acid le

no the gynae didnt give me duphaston
he said inside look ok
dunno how true... haha

jc all the best...
lots of bbdustz to u too...
i think ur chances super duper high...
no worries
btw go read up on week to week development on ur baby

my brown discharge hor...
i very fan...
no discharge better, like that i dun get confuse with these signs & symptons
my last ectopic, i also got implantation spotting le
i dunno wat this time the spotting means
but i took preggy test liaoz, all negative

hi Claire,
ya... if i preggy, I wld rather go see gynae after wk 6, hence don't wish to waste the extra trip on 5 Sep. Nod nod, i did take folic acid + duphaston which gynae give me. I read abt duphaston, it's also help to build up/strengthen ur lining (may i told 4 cycles of clomid bah).

Regarding ur brown discharge, don't worry too much since ur gynae say ur womb/tuble is ok. Maybe it's also too early to test +ve.
Lots of bbdusts to u 2!!

Hi Claire,

oh dear... whats the procedure like? I thought its just xray leh... painful??
sad.gif

Btw, must this xray be done on Day 10 after menses? Coz my hubby wun be around to go with me.. I'm thinking of postponing leh...

Whats ectopic? So sorry to hear abt your loss...

hi sunflower,
ectopic is out of the womb pregnancy.
one of my tube is narrower, so my baby couldnt move to the womb to develope
then she developed in my tube causing alot of bleeding
the doctor got to operate and remove the whole tube

is xray but they must inject the dye so when injecting is a little painful
but it gives a very clear view
btw where u doing?

Back