TTC (before IUI & IVF)

Hi, u did ur IUI at nuh under which doc? I'm seeing Dr PC Wong and going for my 2nd IUI with him next mth. Suppose this mth should start the IUI but on cd12 went to see him, my follicle still in small size 14.5mm and went back to see him again on cd14 but the follicle disappear. Dr said mayb I ovulate in small size of follicle, I think so too because on cd12 I test opk and its show positive. Dr also didn't prescribe me any med, he only asked me go back to see him on my next menses cd10 and only will hv 1 jab b4 IUI to trigger. My hb also hv low morphology but quantity is good too and my 1st IUI with Dr CT Yeong failed.
EY girl, when’s ur next visit next month? Hope ur period is here soon so that u can start earlier!

Ya is my first time doing iui so I am abit nervous though ah the same time I know how slim the chances are :( especially cos I’m 36 this year
Jiayou, iui actually nth one, is a very fast process with no pain. This is my 2nd time of iui. 1st time I was done under Dr yeong ct, he did prescribe me femara to take start on cd2 for 5 days. But this time Dr pc wong never.
When u going back to check ur follicle size?

Jiayou, iui actually nth one, is a very fast process with no pain. This is my 2nd time of iui. 1st time I was done under Dr yeong ct, he did prescribe me femara to take start on cd2 for 5 days. But this time Dr pc wong never.
When u going back to check ur follicle size?
Actually i am not scared of the procedure leh. I’m scared of the disappointment. U know what I mean right. Is sian to know that u r doing this, knowing that the success rate is soooo Low. Haha. I’m 36 this year and my hubby is 38! Oops. Haha.

I just went back nuh to have my second scan yday afternoon. Collected my jab to inject this evening. Ready for iui this Thursday.

I'm going back to see Dr again on cd10. So once my menses come hv to call and make appt.
Yeah I know that drill . Hahaha. Keep calling, and then wait for the call back. Haha. But at least the wait at the clinic is always v fast. So thats consolation. How old are u girls?

Actually i am not scared of the procedure leh. I’m scared of the disappointment. U know what I mean right. Is sian to know that u r doing this, knowing that the success rate is soooo Low. Haha. I’m 36 this year and my hubby is 38! Oops. Haha.

I just went back nuh to have my second scan yday afternoon. Collected my jab to inject this evening. Ready for iui this Thursday.
Yes, I know that feeling. The disappointment. I have it when I go thru my 1st iui. I'm 34 this yr, my hb same age as me.

Wat is ur follicle size in yday scan? Wish u all the best ya.

BTW, u mean when call up to make appt is very difficult? Which num to call? Doc asked me go back on cd10 but if tat day no available slot how?

Yes, I know that feeling. The disappointment. I have it when I go thru my 1st iui. I'm 34 this yr, my hb same age as me.

Wat is ur follicle size in yday scan? Wish u all the best ya.

BTW, u mean when call up to make appt is very difficult? Which num to call? Doc asked me go back on cd10 but if tat day no available slot how?

Hey girl u call 6772 2255 to cal centre and inform them that u want to make appt for cd10, and they will get the clinic to call u. Then the return call they will arrange a slot for u. Then u come at the time they arranged. That’s how it works for me.

My follicle size was 18cm yday. It was 13.5cm on Saturday. So the doc says it’s ready. For me, my Husband sperms r not good :(

Ya wish u all the best next month too. We keep one another updated here.

By the way u Also prof wong right? At ruby and emerald clinic right?

Hey girl u call 6772 2255 to cal centre and inform them that u want to make appt for cd10, and they will get the clinic to call u. Then the return call they will arrange a slot for u. Then u come at the time they arranged. That’s how it works for me.

My follicle size was 18cm yday. It was 13.5cm on Saturday. So the doc says it’s ready. For me, my Husband sperms r not good :(

Ya wish u all the best next month too. We keep one another updated here.

By the way u Also prof wong right? At ruby and emerald clinic right?
Ok. I will call on my 1st day of menses. But I worry on my cd10, the clinic no more slot for me. Ur husband also got low morphology?

Ya, I'm with Prof pc wong. At the emerald clinic. Iui will be done at emerald clinic also?

Ok. I will call on my 1st day of menses. But I worry on my cd10, the clinic no more slot for me. Ur husband also got low morphology?

Ya, I'm with Prof pc wong. At the emerald clinic. Iui will be done at emerald clinic also?
Yeah I asked the nurse yday, she told me that the iui will be done at the emerald clinic as well. At where we usually see him in the room.
And ya, my Husband also Low morphology.

Oh u don’t have to worry about the slot, somehow, my last few months of checks and meetings w prof Wong, they always manage to squeeze in a slot for u! So don’t worry about that.

Yeah I asked the nurse yday, she told me that the iui will be done at the emerald clinic as well. At where we usually see him in the room.
And ya, my Husband also Low morphology.

Oh u don’t have to worry about the slot, somehow, my last few months of checks and meetings w prof Wong, they always manage to squeeze in a slot for u! So don’t worry about that.
Oh that great.
Wish u all the best of ur 1st iui.

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and is TTC.

I'll be going for my first consultation appointment for IUI next week. Is there anything that i would need to take note of? I'm actually quite nervous.

Hi babybleep, I would say you and your hubby can try IUI. I also went through the same dilemma and hesitate to go through more invasive procedures, and when I did my first IUI i was glad I went for it. I think I was very lucky to get pregnant on first cycle, and on the hindsight I wished I tried IUI earlier. FYI I am 31 years old this year :)

Sharing with you a timeline perspective of what we went through:
Late 2014: Got married, stayed with inlaws. Still on protection because we dont want to move house and be pregnant and/or have a baby while moving
Late 2015: Moved into our own place
Late 2016: Decided to go for fertility test at KKH as we were trying - but not exactly calculating the fertile dates pro-actively. All good, except my cycles do not come on time and my hubs has mild mortility issue which the doc said it does not affect conception. Took letrozole for 3 to 4 cycles to regulate menses.
Feb to Aug 2017: I took TCM to strengthen my constitution. Menses improved, but did not conceive
Oct 2017: Sought 2nd opinion from a private doctor. Doctor say all looks okay, shouldnt be a problem conceiving. We were more hardworking in calculating fertile days and doing homework in the next few months.
Jan 2018: Still not pregnant, went back to KKH. Doctor said I have PCOS, and I expressed interest to go for IUI. Hubs and I went for a series of blood tests and counselling there after. I took supplements and reduced carbo & sugar to optimise my health condition in conceiving and manage PCOS symptoms.
Mar 2018: First IUI cycle started. Injections was not too bad, just psychological barriers to overcome and hormonal changes.
Apr 2018: Confirmed pregnancy :)

Can I know who is the doc that did your IUI in KKH? Because yesterday, I had my first insemination. I was told Dr Jessie Phoon is the one doing the procedure but end up, there's 2 doctors that did it. One was Dr Julia Tan and another one was Dr Ee, very friendly guy. I hope to have this same luck as you... *finger crossed*

Back