Problem with ANTS?!!!

Hi, Can anyone advise me of your victory battle with ants? I have ants at home and it is multiplying! It's those ants that likes water, they call it ghost ants. The strange thing is, after trying many types of ants baits that don't work, I finally bought this ant gel type and i put some in kitchen and some the bathroom. The kitchen ones ate it but the bathroom one avoided it. Anyone has any advise how to get rid of ants?

Hi Orchid, you wd be surprised how clever they r... Haha. I now owns tons of baits fr various supermarkets. Sigh.. Just bgt Bio X!

Hi Spaniel,

I tried this method and it worked for me, try putting vinegar into a small container (like the ones you get when you tabao). Pour about .5cm and leave it at the area infested.

Vinegar has to be the strong kind, I used Heinz one I believe. Try out and see if it helps, because mine disappeared when I did this!

Hope that helps ;)

Tried the chalk type that get rid of antz? I draw everywhere where there's ants like me. :p Sooner or later, the ants will know that they are not welcomed and move elsewhere.

i use artificial vinegar, add water into a spray bottle then spray all over the kitchen area...the sourish smell is a deterent...somehow :p

I am told by a fren to use combine dettol with floor detergent to mop floor. Floor is original first place for ants to crawl upwards and anywhere

I bought two of those S$5 anti-ants plates at one of those roving stores. Works! Certain branches of NTUC carries this item.

The ants have somewhat given up hovering around my kitchen top...

The seller explained that the plate works because of the circular rings at the base which serves to 'disorientate' the ants so they keep running in circles, never getting to the top of the plate.

I use combination: bio-x, dettol, vinegar, rubber bands at table legs, anti-ants trays. So far not a single ant (touch wood).

I am using a combination of citronella/lemongrass/eucalyptus scent to try to keep ants away. Not always a success but I have not seen other insects though.

optigard ant gel but not carried in retail stores
works very well since it targets the ant nest where the ants will eat the gel and bring it back to the nest
the solves from the root

Best ant poison I have found so far (tried and tested) is TERRO PCO. It's very effective. I used it a few months ago to remedy my ant problem and they were gone for a long, long time. Now, the moment i see a few ants i just put a few drops and they will disappear.

Where to buy
- MEIDI-YA at Liang Court seems to hv the most reliable supply
- I managed to get my bottle from Giant, but need to look hard hard and long long
- Amazon http://www.amazon.com/TERRO-Liquid-...UTF8&qid=1388763560&sr=8-2&keywords=terro+pco
(can join ongoing sprees here to tag on item, should be able to ship free to SIN)

Attachments

• 27-04-11-21-17-42-1.jpg
    27-04-11-21-17-42-1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 9,852
lol! that time i was so paranoid , i put 2-3 moth balls every corner .

Be careful with moth balls around kitchen area.

The ingredients are poisonous if consumed, especially for children. Also, if your child has G6PD, then it is a definite NO NO!

usually I buy 一扫光 brand. common in most supermarket.. but need to monitor them, as sometimes they will avoid the bait area. I will just trace them to the nest and stuff the hole with ant baits.

I heard ants hate lemon juice too.. mix lemon juice (pure juice, without honey lol) with water and spread to those area you see them the most might help.. I didn't try before la.. just share

I bought two of those S$5 anti-ants plates at one of those roving stores. Works! Certain branches of NTUC carries this item.

The seller explained that the plate works because of the circular rings at the base which serves to 'disorientate' the ants so they keep running in circles, never getting to the top of the plate.

Hi Mommy,
Do u know where i can buy the plates? Which outlet of NTUC?

Hi mummies,
do check out this product - Terro Ant Killer (available in gel form or pre-filled baits) sold online in Singapore. It's especially effective against household ants. Hope that helps!

We got this chalk from those $2 shops. Just draw it where the ants path is n they will die. It's a neuro - disrupter but harmless on humans becos the dosage too low. We usually draw it across our main door.

Wiping the ants infested area with vinegar and placing cucumber works for me in keeping the ants away.

I found a combination approach worked for me:

1. Make a honey+baking soda trap as recommended by numerous online sources (search youtube).
2. Place it in the middle of the kitchen worktop.
3. Pretty soon the ants will be feasting on it -- and you'll be able to clearly see the trail they're taking back to the nest. The trail is really invariable, they lay down some pheromone and follow it.
4. Place one of the commercial trackback poisons midway along this trail so the ants have to walk right by it.

This got rid of my ant problem in about a week. I think it works because it shows you where the nest is, and allows you to put the commercial trackback bait/poison in a location where the ants will keep walking by it. The problem with the commercial ones is they're not very attractive to ants. This solves that problem.

I tried to find borax but it seems unavailable in singapore. I think this is because of the auntie who a few years back poisoned her husband by putting it in his noodles? Thanks auntie, you did a doubly bad deed there.

The ants in my house seem to have went thru commando training! Those plates are useless. Ants still get to food on the plate. I use water also no use. They can swim to the food!

Please do not use moth balls in the cabinets.

Please go and check the ant holes and use a sealer from HomeFix and sealed it. On Kitchen solid top, you may slice 1 or 2 lemon and just leave it there. There will not be ants.

Lemon not only smells good it helps to get rid of ants as well.

Floor Master Floor Cleaner repels Ants, cockroaches, mosquitos and houseflies
It is non-toxic, anti-bacterial and bio-degradable.
Pet safe. Keeps floor super clean, polished, non-sticky and static free.
Smells good and only small amount of 15 to 20ml needed to be added to 7 litre of water (half pail). PM me for more info.

Floor Master Floor Cleaner repels Ants, cockroaches, mosquitos and houseflies
It is non-toxic, anti-bacterial and bio-degradable.
Pet safe. Keeps floor super clean, polished, non-sticky and static free.
Smells good and only small amount of 15 to 20ml needed to be added to 7 litre of water (half pail). PM me for more info.

i saw my mum putting the rubber band around the kitchen table for a few days and the ants disappeared. Am not sure whether it will 100% work but it might be worth trying

Hi
Does anyone have advice on how to get rid of big ants? They are our bathrooms at night. I am trying bowls of vinegar but not sure it is working. I'd rather use natural stuff if I can.
Thanks

Best ant poison I have found so far (tried and tested) is TERRO PCO. It's very effective. I used it a few months ago to remedy my ant problem and they were gone for a long, long time. Now, the moment i see a few ants i just put a few drops and they will disappear.

Where to buy
- MEIDI-YA at Liang Court seems to hv the most reliable supply
- I managed to get my bottle from Giant, but need to look hard hard and long long
- Amazon http://www.amazon.com/TERRO-Liquid-...UTF8&qid=1388763560&sr=8-2&keywords=terro+pco
(can join ongoing sprees here to tag on item, should be able to ship free to SIN)

this is good, especially for the very tiny ones.
NTUC at chinatown pint is selling

The brand Terro has many different products specifically designed to kill and deter ants from coming into your home. Terro Outdoor Liquid Baits can be left outside to keep the ants from coming into your house in the first place. They also have Terro Indoor Ant Baits for when the ants are already coming into your home. The Indoor Ant killer can be left around the area the ants are and they will take it back with them to their colonies and die from the toxicity of the bait. Terro also has a different Home Insect Killer in a spray bottle that can be used inside or outside to keep up to 65 different types of insects away.
The main ingredient of the Terro products is borax, which can be found in other products as well.

i have kids at home so I wont use chemicals.. I use purified and non tonix essential oils to rid ants, cockroaches, etc.. pm me if u interested...

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I desperately need support for ants infestation. I have ant phobia, last night I traced an ant trail and found a huge heap of ants inside my top kitchen cabinet! Had a miserable and weepy time to clean it up but some ants ran off while I was cleaning. They are now coming out bit by bit and it's never ending. I didn't sleep last night because I need to get rid of the remaining ones.
I am so tired and lifeless from now onwards. Wonder if anyone in same situation as me??

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I desperately need support for ants infestation. I have ant phobia, last night I traced an ant trail and found a huge heap of ants inside my top kitchen cabinet! Had a miserable and weepy time to clean it up but some ants ran off while I was cleaning. They are now coming out bit by bit and it's never ending. I didn't sleep last night because I need to get rid of the remaining ones. I am so tired and lifeless from now onwards. Wonder if anyone in same situation as me??
Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I desperately need support for ants infestation. I have ant phobia, last night I traced an ant trail and found a huge heap of ants inside my top kitchen cabinet! Had a miserable and weepy time to clean it up but some ants ran off while I was cleaning. They are now coming out bit by bit and it's never ending. I didn't sleep last night because I need to get rid of the remaining ones. I am so tired and lifeless from now onwards. Wonder if anyone in same situation as me??

try vinegar! i mix it with water with 1:3 ratio.. it kinda deter the ants but you have to keep the area very clean and it wont be back..

Back