IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi daylesford, thank you for your advice. your post above reminds me of my elevated level of ESR readings from past years' health screening. I did ask kkh's ivf team doctor whether this will pose as a problem but was told since I've been having it for the last few years, it shouldn't affect anything. now I'm not sure.... :(

my tww is ending soon but I don't have a good feeling about the result..

If you are unsure go to an immunologist and check it out. Our ivf drs are reproductive endocrinologist and they are only good in ivf and fertility treatments.

hi daylesford, thank you for your advice. your post above reminds me of my elevated level of ESR readings from past years' health screening. I did ask kkh's ivf team doctor whether this will pose as a problem but was told since I've been having it for the last few years, it shouldn't affect anything. now I'm not sure.... :(

my tww is ending soon but I don't have a good feeling about the result..

Have faith in ur embryos and hope they stick on you tightly ! ... good luck !

when is ur bt ?

Thyroid issues, antibodies, lupus (serious bout of unexplained high fever, joints pain) , sticky blood, vit D deficiencies are some of the auto immunity issues which prevents our embryos from implantation or prevents us to carry the fetus to due. Good to get yourself checked if you had bfns despite transferring good grade embryos and nice endo too.

Hi daylesford, congrats on ur bfp!
Which test is for antibodies and thyroid check again?
Just wondering if alrdy covered in our full checkup before we embarked on Ivf. Alrdy 2 failed fresh cycles at KKH so far.

Ladies,
I am cycling for my 3rd FET and I have been combating hyperthyroid - Grave disease for the past 3.5yrs and
like to share the below on how to interpret our thyroid blood works.

Would also like to highlight that our IVF doctors are reproductive endocrinologist(RE) who takes care of our
reproductive hormones and any other issues related to auto-immunity which affects our fertility should be
handled by an rheumatologist with sub-fertility interest while thyroid issues should be addressed by an endocrinologist.
Therefore, I recommend that each of us should take charge of our own individual profiles and knock on the right doctor doors.

2 Distinct Types of Thyroid Disease :-

1) Hypothyroid aka Hashimoto Disease (Insufficent Thyroid Hormones)
- Elevated TSH with Low T4 readings
- Symptoms : https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-too-little-thyroid-hormone

2) Hyperthyroid aka Grave Disease (Too much thyroid hormones)
- Elevated T4 with Low TSH readings
- Elevated TSH Receptor antibodies (TrAB)
- Symptoms : https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/hyperthyroidism/hyperthyroidism-overview-overactive-thyroid

For those ladies who are have implantation failures or repeated MCs, give a check if the following thyriod antibodies
are elevated too :-
a) Thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOab)
b) Thyroglobulin antibodies (TgAB)

Anyone who needs more info can drop me a PM.

Hi daylesford, congrats on ur bfp!
Which test is for antibodies and thyroid check again?
Just wondering if alrdy covered in our full checkup before we embarked on Ivf. Alrdy 2 failed fresh cycles at KKH so far.

Cen, for thyroid antibodies you can refer to the above quote which i had posted on 11/4.

Are your embryos blastocysts ?

Thanks Diane26
Maybe i am too old to try to preganant hehe
Anyone here who are 40 plus and trying for ivf ? How many percent the success rate ? How your body react to all the medicine of the entiry ivf jorney ... please share with me

Thanksss
I m approaching 40 and just did all the scan and procedure under dr liu's instruction. She will be seeing me next week to review my condition if i m suitable for IVF. At least you are in the list, and yes, baby is a big project, so wish us luck

I consulted dr sf loh for intralipids. The frequency is drip few days before ET then drip again once bfp. But after 2nd thoughts i consulted dr shiela vasoo instead and was prescribed with prednisolone instead as she found that its not necessary for me to drip intralipids.
Dr yeong also do the intralipid ,

I am 40 and just bfp with single blastocyst transfer. Have faith and press on.
Congrats Daylesfort!!
It is very hard decision for me to step forward to this journey as everyone said 40 plus is a small chance ...
Who is your gynea ? Which ivf protocol were you ...
Hwo many cycle ivf that you have gone thru?
As I am over 40, I am worried that my body will react badly to lots of ivf jab and medicine ... Can share your experience on this ... Thanksss :)

I m approaching 40 and just did all the scan and procedure under dr liu's instruction. She will be seeing me next week to review my condition if i m suitable for IVF. At least you are in the list, and yes, baby is a big project, so wish us luck
Great nor-Mandy!
Good timing as well since you still can use cpf ....
I am not entitle to cpf anymore ... Regret now that to take decision very late .

Hi all, just wanted to share how important supplements are in our IVF journey.

During my first fresh, I had 7 retrieved, 4 fertilised but 2 later arrested so nothing to freeze. I trans 2 and BFN.

Now I'm in 2ww of 2nd fresh, I had 5 retrieved, 4 fertilised (2 graded "very good", 2 graded "good"). Trans 2 and freeze 2.

Between the two cycles I started taking COQ10 (Ubiquinol version), DHEA (not suitable for PCOS ladies), and melatonin (during stim period only). On top of that I continued prenatals. Also, I stopped using perfume and nail polish as these two products are most toxic to fertility.

Don't know if will BFP this round but just wanted to share that the egg quality did seem to improve. I know my numbers are small, but I'm 38 and ovarian reserve is on borderline side, so quality is most important to me now.

Baby dust to everyone! :)

Hello! Can I ask in the end did you get a BFP?

Congrats Daylesfort!!
It is very hard decision for me to step forward to this journey as everyone said 40 plus is a small chance ...
Who is your gynea ? Which ivf protocol were you ...
Hwo many cycle ivf that you have gone thru?
As I am over 40, I am worried that my body will react badly to lots of ivf jab and medicine ... Can share your experience on this ... Thanksss :)

Brysonmum,

I am with Dr LC Cheng from TMC throughout my 3 IVF fresh cycles and 3 FETs since 2010.

1st FET in 2010 & this current FET resulted in bFp. He adjusted my stimulation protocols along the way. 2nd fresh cycle i had only a poor quality blastocyst while 3rd stims had 4 good grade blastocysts. I swopped to tcm brew herbs and took ubiquinol and also lost a couple of kgs and was very watchful on my diet btw my 2nd-3rd stims.

Also saw Dr Loh Kim Gek for Tcm herbs, Dr Zou for acupuncture and Dr Shiela Vasoo. My current Bfp is made possible with these 4 drs.

have faith as it takes alot of perseverance and courage in this journey. most importantly we must try to understand our body and seek for the right Dr's help.

PM me if you need more details.

Good luck !

Hi everyone,

Dropping by to support all of you ladies. I did 2 rounds of IVF. 1st with NUH(Prof Pc Wong) and 2nd KKH(Dr THH).

First one ended with chemical pregnancy. I bfp with Dr THH and is now 26 weeks pregnant.

1st round, no much tcm support cos the tcm doc I've seen(Dr Tan Siew Bouy, yes that famous one) dislikes(or more like hates) Prof and refuse to support me further. She's the worst doc I've ever seen.

2nd round, I started tcm with Dr Tan Kian Sing. At KKH, I did endo scratch as suggested by Dr THH. I did daily acupuncture with Dr Tan KS to increase egg size, took his an tai yao till 8 weeks pregnancy(can't take any more cos of morning sickness). I BFP with spotting and had bleeding at one point. I feel that to some extent, the an tai yao plus hormones jabs helped me to secure my pregnancy. I transferred 2 ungraded
early blasts at day 5. (I answer one lady's doubt who's wondering if she should continue with the an tai yao)

IVF is really about finding the right golden embryo and providing a conducive womb environment for feotus to grow. Thus, don't be upset about the quality of blast or embryo. I've found my golden one(no frosties for me, out of 16 embryos, with 9 grade 4/5 at day 3) I've learnt that bb will stick and grow if it's chromosomal normal. In fact, my darling early ungraded blast(seems slower than others) is now a slightly bigger bb throughout the pregnancy as compared to the weight and length on charts.

I know it's a tough journey. Please stay optimistic. My bb overcomes against the odds of early blast and 5 weeks of spotting. Do your extensive research in choosing your tcm n IVF doc, then trust them totally. I know I found the right combination of docs and that works for me.

Jia you ladies! Will be back to read up and provide support whenever necessary.

Hi everyone,

Dropping by to support all of you ladies. I did 2 rounds of IVF. 1st with NUH(Prof Pc Wong) and 2nd KKH(Dr THH).

First one ended with chemical pregnancy. I bfp with Dr THH and is now 26 weeks pregnant.

1st round, no much tcm support cos the tcm doc I've seen(Dr Tan Siew Bouy, yes that famous one) dislikes(or more like hates) Prof and refuse to support me further. She's the worst doc I've ever seen.

2nd round, I started tcm with Dr Tan Kian Sing. At KKH, I did endo scratch as suggested by Dr THH. I did daily acupuncture with Dr Tan KS to increase egg size, took his an tai yao till 8 weeks pregnancy(can't take any more cos of morning sickness). I BFP with spotting and had bleeding at one point. I feel that to some extent, the an tai yao plus hormones jabs helped me to secure my pregnancy. I transferred 2 ungraded
early blasts at day 5. (I answer one lady's doubt who's wondering if she should continue with the an tai yao)

IVF is really about finding the right golden embryo and providing a conducive womb environment for feotus to grow. Thus, don't be upset about the quality of blast or embryo. I've found my golden one(no frosties for me, out of 16 embryos, with 9 grade 4/5 at day 3) I've learnt that bb will stick and grow if it's chromosomal normal. In fact, my darling early ungraded blast(seems slower than others) is now a slightly bigger bb throughout the pregnancy as compared to the weight and length on charts.

I know it's a tough journey. Please stay optimistic. My bb overcomes against the odds of early blast and 5 weeks of spotting. Do your extensive research in choosing your tcm n IVF doc, then trust them totally. I know I found the right combination of docs and that works for me.

Jia you ladies! Will be back to read up and provide support whenever necessary.

Amiee,
Congrats ! Read ur stories dr sb tan previously and i was also traumatized by Dr Tan too. Subsequently switched to Dr Loh KG and that made so much of a difference being with an experience dr whom we can trust and listens to us.

Agree that we just need that golden embryo with a nice endo to make things happen. For me its slightly more tedious as i had immunity issues... So Dr vasoo came in and i guessed that made things possible this cycle.

Enjoy ur pregnancy and have a smooth delivery.

Hi,

I would like to sell off brand new ActivLife Q10 Ubiquinol 50mg.
I have 2 sealed boxes of 60 softgels, and 1 open box but harldy would have used 10 softgels.
Letting it go as I am already pregnant and cannot have it anymore.
Bought it from Watson for 80+ SGD each.
Will let go new ones for 50 SGD each and unopened one for 20 SGD or free if you are taking both the new bottles.

Please let me know if you are keen.

Attachments

• IMAG1267.jpg
    IMAG1267.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 154
Brysonmum,

I am with Dr LC Cheng from TMC throughout my 3 IVF fresh cycles and 3 FETs since 2010.

1st FET in 2010 & this current FET resulted in bFp. He adjusted my stimulation protocols along the way. 2nd fresh cycle i had only a poor quality blastocyst while 3rd stims had 4 good grade blastocysts. I swopped to tcm brew herbs and took ubiquinol and also lost a couple of kgs and was very watchful on my diet btw my 2nd-3rd stims.

Also saw Dr Loh Kim Gek for Tcm herbs, Dr Zou for acupuncture and Dr Shiela Vasoo. My current Bfp is made possible with these 4 drs.

have faith as it takes alot of perseverance and courage in this journey. most importantly we must try to understand our body and seek for the right Dr's help.

PM me if you need more details.

Good luck !
sorry..can ask loh kim gek is from tongji or chinatown?

hii any may/june17 cycle buddy here ? finally have a courange to do another cycle after having to terminate my 1st pregnancy due to bb was not growing well half a year ago.. hopefully this cycle will be going well.. let's jia you everyone~

hii any may/june17 cycle buddy here ? finally have a courange to do another cycle after having to terminate my 1st pregnancy due to bb was not growing well half a year ago.. hopefully this cycle will be going well.. let's jia you everyone~

Hi may/june cycle this will be my 1st IVF after 4 fail SO-IUI.. Which hospital u going to do ur IVF?

Today is the 8th day after my FET. No cramps worried abt no implantation may take place, with cramps worried abt menses reporting. Arrghh.. life is just full of contradictions. Seriously hate the 2ww, 2 total different outcomes that either brings u to heaven or hell.

Today is the 8th day after my FET. No cramps worried abt no implantation may take place, with cramps worried abt menses reporting. Arrghh.. life is just full of contradictions. Seriously hate the 2ww, 2 total different outcomes that either brings u to heaven or hell.

Same same you transferred on 25th? Done at Kkh? I only had cramps on day 3. No other symptoms. 2ww is torturing.

Same same you transferred on 25th? Done at Kkh? I only had cramps on day 3. No other symptoms. 2ww is torturing.
Yes i transferred on 25th morning at kkh too! I had cramps 2 to 3 days after the transfer then on/off cramps all the way until today. I have been always having cramps prior my periods therefore I'm really worried. Sigh.. everyday am thinking about it.

Yes i transferred on 25th morning at kkh too! I had cramps 2 to 3 days after the transfer then on/off cramps all the way until today. I have been always having cramps prior my periods therefore I'm really worried. Sigh.. everyday am thinking about it.

Me 2. Everyday also think and worry. I don't get cramps before period just pimple outbreak which showed yesterday.

How many you transfer? Lots of baby dust!

Hihi, I will be doing FET in May or June. Are you with KKH? May I know how many scanning you went before u did the FET?

Any discomfort during the procedure?

Me 2. Everyday also think and worry. I don't get cramps before period just pimple outbreak which showed yesterday.

How many you transfer? Lots of baby dust!
It really freaks me out that I'm having the kind of period cramps that i would have 1 or 2 days before it comes, currently, feeling so helpless that there's nothing much to do except to pray that it doesn't come. I transferred 2 3-day embryos btw, what abt u?

Thank u! Baby dust to u too!

Hihi, I will be doing FET in May or June. Are you with KKH? May I know how many scanning you went before u did the FET?

Yes i'm doing fet with kkh. I think i scanned 4 or 5 times becoz my lining wasn't at the ideal thickness and opk detected ovulation. If ur lining is ok i think u won't have to for scanning as much as i did.

Im doin medicated Fet. Total abt 4 scans for me.they need to see how thick ur lining is.Must reach their target of 8mm that is in kkh.But oh well mine doesnt reach at all.They didnt cancel too And proceed ET with it as they think my lining is naturaly born to be thin..So all i need is plenty baby dust, prayers and positiveness. Hahahahahahhaha All scans no discomfort. Used to it liao. Come aptmt open leg scan and done. Hahahahhahahahhah

Im doin medicated Fet. Total abt 4 scans for me.they need to see how thick ur lining is.Must reach their target of 8mm that is in kkh.But oh well mine doesnt reach at all.They didnt cancel too And proceed ET with it as they think my lining is naturaly born to be thin..So all i need is plenty baby dust, prayers and positiveness. Hahahahahahhaha All scans no discomfort. Used to it liao. Come aptmt open leg scan and done. Hahahahhahahahhah

Hahaha. Gonna agree with you on the open leg and scan thingy cos I was used to it before I did my ER previously.

Mine is natural FET. Hoping I can do it this month after my mense report. How many embryo did you transferred?

It really freaks me out that I'm having the kind of period cramps that i would have 1 or 2 days before it comes, currently, feeling so helpless that there's nothing much to do except to pray that it doesn't come. I transferred 2 3-day embryos btw, what abt u?

Thank u! Baby dust to u too!

2 blasts. My last 2 precious. My last chance but I guess no hope Liao

Hi ladies, for those who did FET, is there any difference in the growth of your lining as compared when you did fresh cycle? Just wonder if the stimulants also contributed to the growth of the lining and it does not necessarily mean that if lining was ok for fresh one should generally be able to reach the minimum lining for FET. Thanks!

Hi ladies, for those who did FET, is there any difference in the growth of your lining as compared when you did fresh cycle? Just wonder if the stimulants also contributed to the growth of the lining and it does not necessarily mean that if lining was ok for fresh one should generally be able to reach the minimum lining for FET. Thanks!

My tcm say those stimulate jabs helps in lining growth thou.

Yes it made a lot of difference for me. I was on gonal f and menopur for my 2nd fresh, lining was almost 9mm during around CD13/14 but it was only 5.6mm during the same period for my fet. Did ask kkh doc and mentioned that the jabs we took indeed helped with the lining too. However it grew a bit too thick during my scheduled ET day and Doc advised not to transfer.

It is suppose to help. In my case, think minimal effect though. For my 1st fresh, at CD10, it is 8mm. For 2nd fresh, at CD10, it is 7mm. For natural FET, at CD10 was 7.5mm. For medicated FET, at CD14, only 5.9mm. So i guess it all depends.

My fresh cycle is over 10mm triple. Fet cycle 8.8mm triple a week before ET. Not much difference for me

hi dear,

u do natural or medicated fet?

Back