Apr/ may 2017 ivf cycle

Hi I just went for my first consultation at NUH on last Monday. Seen a very young doctor think she is under attachment cos she looks very young to me. I was under subsidy so we didn't get to choose our doctor. She is Dr. Ching. Anyone with her before?
She arranged me to call the clinic for an appointment for scan and blood tests on my first day of Menses, which would be done on either 2nd two four days. Can anyone tell me what are the purpose of the tests?
And how Long would I expect to start on my ivf treatment? So that I could be mentally prepared

Hi I just went for my first consultation at NUH on last Monday. Seen a very young doctor think she is under attachment cos she looks very young to me. I was under subsidy so we didn't get to choose our doctor. She is Dr. Ching. Anyone with her before?
She arranged me to call the clinic for an appointment for scan and blood tests on my first day of Menses, which would be done on either 2nd two four days. Can anyone tell me what are the purpose of the tests?
And how Long would I expect to start on my ivf treatment? So that I could be mentally prepared

Hi, I'm with NUH but never heard of Dr Ching. Maybe she's new.

After your blood tests and scan, on CD 18 you will start Norethisterone. This is for around 10-11 days, after that wait for menses to come again. When menses come then you start the injections. Stimming is usually 10-14 days depending on how you respond to the meds. After that you will go for ER. After ER depending on your eggs condition, you will have ET either day 3 or 5.

After your blood tests and scan, on CD 18 you will start Norethisterone. This is for around 10-11 days, after that wait for menses to come again. When menses come then you start the injections. Stimming is usually 10-14 days depending on how you respond to the meds. After that you will go for ER. After ER depending on your eggs condition, you will have ET either day 3 or 5.

Dr Ching SY is a registrar..she sees sub pts..

Thanks for the information gal!

Hi

I've just completed my Mar/Apr IVF cycle with KKH and thought of sharing what i did during the cycle and 2WW, as i have seen a few posts of sisters wondering what to do.

What my hubby and I did which i found useful
1) Plan for distractions almost everyday to limit the amount of time i may fall into worrying.
- I borrowed books from the library (mostly on fertility - the best of the lot i read were "It starts with the Egg" for practical tips; "In vitro fertilization : the A.R.T. of making babies" for a scientific/medical explanation of the IVF process)
- I arranged TCM appointments. Went for acupuncture at EYS at Paragon on ER - 1, ER + 1 and ET -1.
- Checked office emails on alternate days
- Watched netflix!
- Hubby took 1/2 day leave on alternate days (which came up to prob about 3 days in total during the 2WW) to be with me. Brought me to the parks and beaches to relax.

2) Crinone gel
- Nurses advised that I should walk 15 - 20 mins after applying to aid absorption. I think the tip works as i don't recall seeing huge discharge of the gel (except for the one time described under 4 below)
- Apply it only after going to the toilet to minimise the need to go to the toilet soon after where some of the gel may fall out as it's not absorbed yet
- In the first few days of applying, i noticed a faint salmon coloured discharge on the pantyliner. Read online from others' experiences that it may be due to the insertion irritating the cervix causing slight spotting. Thereafter, i left a thumb width (width, not length) outside instead of pushing the length of the entire applicator right through. The faint pink spotting stopped significantly or reduced to none after i tried this.

3) Origins' peace of mind
I am a worry wart. In spite of the distractions, i found myself more jittery than usual. I would massage origins' peace of mind on my temples, ears and necks when i go for my walks and found that that helped me to relax easier. I was also happy that the product is mostly made up of natural ingredients without phthalates and synthetic fragrance.

What i did but wished i did NOT do
4) Bathed right after applying the crinone gel
Once, i took a shower right after applying crinone gel. The gel fell out while i was cleaning the area (i was on auto-pilot mode and didn't think about the possible impact on the gel!). Called KKH and asked if it means i should re-apply. Was told there was no need to and just wait for the next dose.

5) Monitored my basal temperature
Under TCM, i was to monitor my temperature but i forgot to ask if i still have to do so if i was undergoing IVF that month. As i didn't ask, i just continued to record my morning temperature. There were a couple of days after ET when the temperature dipped more than usual and i panicked. Googled madly, didn't get a conclusive answer and just continued to worry. Then, i got my hubby to record the temperature without telling me. Turned out that my temperature would pick up after those dips but i just didn't even want to know if there were dips 'cos it would just make me worry for that day that it dipped. Finally, at my next TCM appointment (which was already after the 2WW), TCM said no need to record.

Hope these help! (For those who are wondering, we are thankful that we are now moving on to the next stage of going for antenatal tests and appointments.)

Hi

I've just completed my Mar/Apr IVF cycle with KKH and thought of sharing what i did during the cycle and 2WW, as i have seen a few posts of sisters wondering what to do.

What my hubby and I did which i found useful
1) Plan for distractions almost everyday to limit the amount of time i may fall into worrying.
- I borrowed books from the library (mostly on fertility - the best of the lot i read were "It starts with the Egg" for practical tips; "In vitro fertilization : the A.R.T. of making babies" for a scientific/medical explanation of the IVF process)
- I arranged TCM appointments. Went for acupuncture at EYS at Paragon on ER - 1, ER + 1 and ET -1.
- Checked office emails on alternate days
- Watched netflix!
- Hubby took 1/2 day leave on alternate days (which came up to prob about 3 days in total during the 2WW) to be with me. Brought me to the parks and beaches to relax.

2) Crinone gel
- Nurses advised that I should walk 15 - 20 mins after applying to aid absorption. I think the tip works as i don't recall seeing huge discharge of the gel (except for the one time described under 4 below)
- Apply it only after going to the toilet to minimise the need to go to the toilet soon after where some of the gel may fall out as it's not absorbed yet
- In the first few days of applying, i noticed a faint salmon coloured discharge on the pantyliner. Read online from others' experiences that it may be due to the insertion irritating the cervix causing slight spotting. Thereafter, i left a thumb width (width, not length) outside instead of pushing the length of the entire applicator right through. The faint pink spotting stopped significantly or reduced to none after i tried this.

3) Origins' peace of mind
I am a worry wart. In spite of the distractions, i found myself more jittery than usual. I would massage origins' peace of mind on my temples, ears and necks when i go for my walks and found that that helped me to relax easier. I was also happy that the product is mostly made up of natural ingredients without phthalates and synthetic fragrance.

What i did but wished i did NOT do
4) Bathed right after applying the crinone gel
Once, i took a shower right after applying crinone gel. The gel fell out while i was cleaning the area (i was on auto-pilot mode and didn't think about the possible impact on the gel!). Called KKH and asked if it means i should re-apply. Was told there was no need to and just wait for the next dose.

5) Monitored my basal temperature
Under TCM, i was to monitor my temperature but i forgot to ask if i still have to do so if i was undergoing IVF that month. As i didn't ask, i just continued to record my morning temperature. There were a couple of days after ET when the temperature dipped more than usual and i panicked. Googled madly, didn't get a conclusive answer and just continued to worry. Then, i got my hubby to record the temperature without telling me. Turned out that my temperature would pick up after those dips but i just didn't even want to know if there were dips 'cos it would just make me worry for that day that it dipped. Finally, at my next TCM appointment (which was already after the 2WW), TCM said no need to record.

Hope these help! (For those who are wondering, we are thankful that we are now moving on to the next stage of going for antenatal tests and appointments.)

Hi! Can i know how HL does kk give?

I did my FET on 22/4. In my 2ww now. I want to find out if anyone experienced implantation bleeding before? Wondering how many days past transfer did it happen. I just had a little brown spotting and I pray hard it's not the start of my period coz it's still too early for it!

I did my FET on 22/4. In my 2ww now. I want to find out if anyone experienced implantation bleeding before? Wondering how many days past transfer did it happen. I just had a little brown spotting and I pray hard it's not the start of my period coz it's still too early for it!

U wont hv period now since u on progestrone support. Cld b implantation..yr embryo is day 3 or 5?

U wont hv period now since u on progestrone support. Cld b implantation..yr embryo is day 3 or 5?

But my last fresh cycle, I also had my period come 10 days after transfer although I was on progesterone support.

I did a day 3 transfer both rounds. But I read implantation was supposed to take place a few days ago. Could be delayed?

But my last fresh cycle, I also had my period come 10 days after transfer although I was on progesterone support.

I did a day 3 transfer both rounds. But I read implantation was supposed to take place a few days ago. Could be delayed?

On the 10th day wen yr period came, were u stil on progestrone?

Implantation shld hv happened 6-7days post transfer. Frozen embryos take a longer time to implant sometimes. Wen is ur bt?

On the 10th day wen yr period came, were u stil on progestrone?

Implantation shld hv happened 6-7days post transfer. Frozen embryos take a longer time to implant sometimes. Wen is ur bt?

Yes still on progesterone on 10th day when period came. For now spotting seems to have cleared. Hope it stays that way.

Blood test is next Monday.

:) my menses just over. Doing day 13 scan next Monday. Think will be on Vesak day but medicated supposed to be more controlled, hope can avoid surcharge.

I just saw Doc Loh today for scan, and have been scheduled for FET transfer next Tuesday. Think our cycles should be quite close, good luck dear!

I just saw Doc Loh today for scan, and have been scheduled for FET transfer next Tuesday. Think our cycles should be quite close, good luck dear!

Yeah! Why do U have to wait till next tues? How many day old are the embryo? Medicated FET ?

Yeah! Why do U have to wait till next tues? How many day old are the embryo? Medicated FET ?

Frozen embryos are D2 so prob need more time to cultivate to blastocysts. If we didn't opt for blastocyst, transfer would have been Saturday. And yup medicated FET

Hello! I been seeing him since last month... so far find that he is ok, answer to all my query patiently what most impt is me and hb is quite comfortable with him. How about u? Ok with him so far?

Still in 2ww, Stay positive and think positive! Jia u! Hugs, no sigh .....

Yups, we are quite comfortable with him too.
I failed again, left last 2 embryos. Argh..

Hi all, anybody here experienced sharp pain or cramps right after ET? I had it for both the fresh cycle and FET, I had sudden bad cramps and followed by diarrhoea, I wonder if the body is rejecting the embryos or the embryos just didn't make it after the transfer. :(

Doc Teo got say what the reason for failing? Stay strong !Don give up hope!
I am now on gonal f and orgalutran and it hurts and makes me feel so uncomfortable

Maybe the embryo has got chromosomes defect or maybe the body is rejecting the embryo..and for the next round we'll be doing the endometrial scratch. Anyway, the 2ww always had me so emotional.

Are you injecting yourself?

Maybe the embryo has got chromosomes defect or maybe the body is rejecting the embryo..and for the next round we'll be doing the endometrial scratch. Anyway, the 2ww always had me so emotional.

Are you injecting yourself?

Sorry but what's a endometrial scratch? Jia u ok! Good luck to uuu! Yup I heard the 2ww is like roller coaster! Yes injecting myself

Sorry but what's a endometrial scratch? Jia u ok! Good luck to uuu! Yup I heard the 2ww is like roller coaster! Yes injecting myself

I had endometrial scratch for my recent FET. It is said to increase your chances of embryo implantation. From what I understand, when the womb lining is scratched, the repair mechanism makes the endometrium more receptive to implantation, thus higher success in pregnancy. After my first IVF from fresh cycle was unsuccessful, my doctor straightaway told me go for the scratch. It's a minor surgery - she insert probe, scratch your womb lining a bit, and that's it. It's over in just minutes. You will feel a little cramping, during and after, followed by spotting a few days after. You can ask for mc after that. Then go home and rest.

I had endometrial scratch for my recent FET. It is said to increase your chances of embryo implantation. From what I understand, when the womb lining is scratched, the repair mechanism makes the endometrium more receptive to implantation, thus higher success in pregnancy. After my first IVF from fresh cycle was unsuccessful, my doctor straightaway told me go for the scratch. It's a minor surgery - she insert probe, scratch your womb lining a bit, and that's it. It's over in just minutes. You will feel a little cramping, during and after, followed by spotting a few days after. You can ask for mc after that. Then go home and rest.

Is it really painful for that few minutes? I seen people describing it online was like kind of excruciating pain. Is it done before the transfer? Are you still in your 2ww?

Yutiunik has explained it.
Wow, brave. I couldn't do it myself and had to
go clinic for those injections.
Good luck to you too!

Are you in 2ww now? Good that your doc suggested endo scratch. I asked about it during failed fresh review but doc said she don't recommend now. It is usually for those who fail multiple times

Is it really painful for that few minutes? I seen people describing it online was like kind of excruciating pain. Is it done before the transfer? Are you still in your 2ww?

For me it wasn't that painful. When you're starting your cycle, it will be done about 1 or 2 weeks just before your menses came. It should be in the luteal phase. Nope, my 2ww has just passed.

Are you in 2ww now? Good that your doc suggested endo scratch. I asked about it during failed fresh review but doc said she don't recommend now. It is usually for those who fail multiple times

I'm done with the 2ww. Somehow my doctor recommend the scratch me when I had only 1 previous failed fresh cycle.

Hi! Anyone had fresh D4 trnsfer done before? Im currently on 4th day post trnasfer and not much symptoms other else than backache,feeling very lazy and sleepy most time, dont really have much appetite too. Cant help thinking if its normal.

Last edited:
Hi! Anyone had fresh D4 trnsfer done before? Im currently on 4th day post trnasfer and not much symptoms other else than backache,feeling very lazy and sleepy most time, dont really have much appetite too. Cant help thinking if its normal.

4th day is still too early to tell. Just enjoy the HL, it's ok to be lazy. Get good rest and eat good food.

Hi, I have just done my frozen embryo transfer. Is there any food recommended to eat or avoid? Bird nest? Red date drink?

Back