IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello ladies. I’m arranged for a fresh embryo transfer this Tue. Did my ER on Thursday. So that’ll be a day 5 blastocyst.
Since this is my first cycle, I’m wondering if the uterus lining plays a part for embryo transfer? If yes then the last time it was checked was on day 9 of stimulation, if I hear correctly as they were shouting out during scans was 11.8. On day 8 it was 11.5. So by now it would be so much thicker right? Should I be concerned? because i dont think it has been checked since then.

I am also given crinone gel to use twice daily. Which I just started using today and started to have some (very little) dark brown sticky discharge. Is that normal?

Would appreciate your inputs :)

Yes lining is important for transfer. I think your lining should be more or less the same after last scan. My transfer day was 11.6 when I ask my doctor so I think yours should be ideal already since they arrange you for fresh transfer.

Crinone brown discharge might be due to old blood from your ER. I think is normal cos I experienced the same too.

All the best to your transfer !

Yes lining is important for transfer. I think your lining should be more or less the same after last scan. My transfer day was 11.6 when I ask my doctor so I think yours should be ideal already since they arrange you for fresh transfer.

Crinone brown discharge might be due to old blood from your ER. I think is normal cos I experienced the same too.

All the best to your transfer !

Glad to know that. Thank you :)

Gradually will reduce but ya, some will still stay till end of 1st tri. What support meds are u on now?
Aspirin 100mg once a day
Duphaston 2tabs 3 times a day
Utrogeston 2tabs 3 times a day
Prednisolone 2tabs 2 times a day
Crinone 2 times a day
Prognova 2tabs 2 times a day

Hi I was briefly told that the process of medicated FET takes longer (2 months?) as compared to natural FET. But don’t really understand the timeline and may need to plan around my work commitments / annual leave.

So for example, if I am to start medicated FET in December, does it mean I have to take BCP (or is it progynova?) in Dec, then continue with medications and do the actual transfer only in Jan?

Then for endo scratching, would it be done during the Dec cycle (the month prior) or in Jan? Thank you in advance!

Hi I was briefly told that the process of medicated FET takes longer (2 months?) as compared to natural FET. But don’t really understand the timeline and may need to plan around my work commitments / annual leave.

So for example, if I am to start medicated FET in December, does it mean I have to take BCP (or is it progynova?) in Dec, then continue with medications and do the actual transfer only in Jan?

Then for endo scratching, would it be done during the Dec cycle (the month prior) or in Jan? Thank you in advance!

Yes, medicated FET takes longer because you need two cycles. Like for me, I started BCP on 8 July (Day 3 of period) and took for 21 days (they will tell you when to stop so that your next period will come). In between, you’ll need to go for the Triptorelin jab as well. Then thereafter, you’ll start another round of medication, and once lining is ready, then you go on progesterone for a few days, then you’ll be ready for the actual transfer. The timeline is highly dependent on each individual’s response to the medications though and your clinic’s scheduling as well, so for me from start of medication until the actual transfer day, it took about 53 days.

It depends on your doctor. My medicated FET cycle was somewhat similiar to what bbc.ac shared. i had Lucrin jabs instead of Triptorelin (both served the same purpose as pituitary suppression) 14 days into BCP which lasted till my body was ready for Progestrones and Estrogen supports. However, i did managed to discuss with my ivf dr and i had about 16days of BCP instead. Some other medicated FET regime are just basically progestrones and estrogen supports. So best to speak to your IVF Dr on his/her medicated FET protocol.

Last edited:
Yes, medicated FET takes longer because you need two cycles. Like for me, I started BCP on 8 July (Day 3 of period) and took for 21 days (they will tell you when to stop so that your next period will come). In between, you’ll need to go for the Triptorelin jab as well. Then thereafter, you’ll start another round of medication, and once lining is ready, then you go on progesterone for a few days, then you’ll be ready for the actual transfer. The timeline is highly dependent on each individual’s response to the medications though and your clinic’s scheduling as well, so for me from start of medication until the actual transfer day, it took about 53 days.

Thank you bb3 and daylesford!

Btw does anyone know if we can opt for progesterone-in-oil injection in Singapore hospitals instead of suppositories? Based on my IUI experience, don’t think Crinone helps cause my luteal phase was as short.

Thank you bb3 and daylesford!

Btw does anyone know if we can opt for progesterone-in-oil injection in Singapore hospitals instead of suppositories? Based on my IUI experience, don’t think Crinone helps cause my luteal phase was as short.
How many stick of crinone a day were u on?

If I remember correctly, 1 stick at night and duphaston in the morning. Always thought with progesterone support, it will help extend the LP but like no diff - still the usual 10-11 days. So not sure if long enough for embryo to stick.
U can request for 2 sticks a day, one am one pm. I also have short luteal phase like u. Duphaston should be 3x a day and not just once?

U can request for 2 sticks a day, one am one pm. I also have short luteal phase like u. Duphaston should be 3x a day and not just once?

I forgot how many times was duphaston. In hindsight, maybe twice! But don’t remember taking anything midday. Thank you for the insight! Maybe I request for 2x crinone & 3x duphaston when I start FET.

Hi . Next week Monday I have a day surgery to remove polyps. The nurse told me must fasting by 12 am midnight and must reach there early by 8.30am Bec I must take the two tablet before the surgery . She said some people after taking this two tablet will feel pain like stomach cramp so advise to go there early incase very pain they can do injection . Seek your advise please really that pain after taking the two tablet . Feel worried and scared the procedure the process to remove the polyps .
Hi! Just to share that I went through this surgery late last year. The procedure is quite straightforward, since you’ll be under GA so you don’t feel a thing throughout. I don’t recall any pain from the tablets.
For me the more painful part is inserting the Cannula into your vein for the IV drip and also the post GA nausea after you wake up from the surgery. Be sure to have someone to accompany you home.
Don’t worry you should be fine, just follow their advise for the pre-surgery preparation and post surgery recovery.
All the best!

Likely sedated.. ya can do exercise unless u feeling very bloated from the OHSS. But should go away soon
Hi sisters ! Thanks for all advise . So whole morning just sitting there waiting until noon for my surgery procedure . After procedure finished , I remember the doctor said few days when we urine will got some blood come it ? Is that so ? Is it pain when we urine? The doctor so fast wants to see me on Thursday’s appointment , I think should be telling me my blood test before surgery one week ago. Do your after the surgery the doctor will see you on this same week so fast ?
Hi sisters ! Thanks for all advise . So whole morning just sitting there waiting until noon for my surgery procedure . After procedure finished , I remember the doctor said few days when we urine will got some blood come it ? Is that so ? Is it pain when we urine? The doctor so fast wants to see me on Thursday’s appointment , I think should be telling me my blood test before surgery one week ago. Do your after the surgery the doctor will see you on this same week so fast ?
I recall that the surgery should be done in the AM, there will be bleeding after the surgery but not too pain, just some discomfort. Likely they will need to send the polyp for lab test, if it’s benign they would probably let you know over the phone. Probably the doc will see you to give you the all clear if you’re ready to start your cycle.

I’m on letrozole natural FET cycle now. Today was my D11 scan. I have one follicle at 18.5mm and lining is 8.3mm triple. Still negative OPK today.

Should I continue drinking red bean soup daily? Can lining get thicken even after ovulation?

The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made it to blastocyst and only 4 are of good grades and can be frozen. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?

Last edited:
The embryologist called earlier. Out of my 21 eggs, 14 eggs matured, 11 eggs fertilised, 9 made to blastocyst and only 4 made. In the 4, I have 1 B and 3 Cs. Did anyone have a successful transfer with grade C embryos?
U said 9 made to blast and only 4 made? Meaning?
My supposedly grade AA blast also failed.. so i think the grading is not super impt?

Oh sorry I think I had some typos in my earlier post. I meant 9 made it to blastocysts but only 4 are of good quality to be frozen.

For my previous ivf cycle, I also have 4 good blastocysts (Grade 1A, 1B and 2C). All failed and Dr said the blastocysts "not working hard" to attach to my womb. So grading doesn't really matter.

Just started 2nd cycle and Dr added in hormone growth injection and blastgen for better embryo quality.

For my previous ivf cycle, I also have 4 good blastocysts (Grade 1A, 1B and 2C). All failed and Dr said the blastocysts "not working hard" to attach to my womb. So grading doesn't really matter.

Just started 2nd cycle and Dr added in hormone growth injection and blastgen for better embryo quality.
I see.. thanks for sharing.. I guess at the end of the day its whether of the embryos are willing to attach despite the grades
I'm gg to do frozen trf after my polyp removal, fingers crossed..

I had similar issues here too. I had tried 4 blastocysts (very good grade, i think nuh termed them as AA grade). Out of 3 FET, 2 bfn n 1 bfp with very low hcg n miscarriage. I tried asking around why, but seem like no luck. My gynae is suggesting me to do hysteroscopy to examine my lining condition b4 going for the next transfer.

I had similar issues here too. I had tried 4 blastocysts (very good grade, i think nuh termed them as AA grade). Out of 3 FET, 2 bfn n 1 bfp with very low hcg n miscarriage. I tried asking around why, but seem like no luck. My gynae is suggesting me to do hysteroscopy to examine my lining condition b4 going for the next transfer.
The lining condition is not just the thickness but to check whether if there are any other underlying conditions?

My gynae didn't suggest hysteroscopy but am interested to know more. Have you done hysteroscopy or planning to do so?

Hi! Just to share that I went through this surgery late last year. The procedure is quite straightforward, since you’ll be under GA so you don’t feel a thing throughout. I don’t recall any pain from the tablets.
For me the more painful part is inserting the Cannula into your vein for the IV drip and also the post GA nausea after you wake up from the surgery. Be sure to have someone to accompany you home.
Don’t worry you should be fine, just follow their advise for the pre-surgery preparation and post surgery recovery.
All the best!
Hi Sisters ! Thanks for all the advise ! Monday just removal the polyps . The doctor said after this procedure when we urine got some blood ? May I know it will last how Long ? The doctor said this two weeks no exercise and don’t take any Folic acid or any supplement yet ?

After doing this polyps removal , the doctor wants to see ask me to sign the letter of consent to start the IVF ! The procedure how long feel scared and worried ! Don’t know the IVF procedure is how Long and how many must go KK to scan or what ? Bec my leave cannot conflict with my colleague.

After doing this polyps removal , the doctor wants to see ask me to sign the letter of consent to start the IVF ! The procedure how long feel scared and worried ! Don’t know the IVF procedure is how Long and how many must go KK to scan or what ? Bec my leave cannot conflict with my colleague.

Usually for govt hospital, 1st day of mens to call the clinic then start to go down for scan/blood test/purchase injection or medication for abt 4 times on different day, after that embryo retrieval and transfer. Total about 6 times to drop by hospital. For normal visits can go down at 8am then return to office around 9plus or 10am. Talk to your supervisor if u can report at work later?

My gynae didn't suggest hysteroscopy but am interested to know more. Have you done hysteroscopy or planning to do so?
I haven't done it yet. According to my doc, it will be a detailed scope to examine if there is any lining problems, like polys or adhesions. If yes, they will remove them concurrently.

Hi Sisters ! Thanks for all the advise ! Monday just removal the polyps . The doctor said after this procedure when we urine got some blood ? May I know it will last how Long ? The doctor said this two weeks no exercise and don’t take any Folic acid or any supplement yet ?

I Had my polyps removal on Tuesday, still bleeding daily. I wasn’t told to stop folic acid though.

Recovery time should be quite quick, within a week mostly. Doctor asked me to see him once next period to start FET. But I will assess If my body is ready by then.
Best to proceed with fet in coming cycle if possible! I was told the uterus is most receptive when recovering. I did fet the cycle after an op, and succeeded. Good luck!

Recovery time should be quite quick, within a week mostly. Doctor asked me to see him once next period to start FET. But I will assess If my body is ready by then.
Hi , I have just removal the polyps , thought don’t see the doctor on this month Change to next month Appt to sign the letter of consent letter to start ICF Bec once I see the doctor will chase me to start the IVF. I am thinking to start on Nov . So that enough time for myself to recover and have enough times taking Supplement before starting on it .

Hi , I have just removal the polyps , thought don’t see the doctor on this month Change to next month Appt to sign the letter of consent letter to start ICF Bec once I see the doctor will chase me to start the IVF. I am thinking to start on Nov . So that enough time for myself to recover and have enough times taking Supplement before starting on it .
[/QUOT

Hi ! To all Sisters ! I have just removal the polyps , is it ok to start IVF in Nov . Once remove the polyps means my body condition is ok to start IVF any times is it ?

Usually once we removal the polyps , will it grown back ? So is it alright to start my IVF in Nov?
It depends on the individual, some grow back within a few months, while some others don't grow back. If conditions are suitable, I would think the earlier you start, the better. But of course provided you feel ready!

Usually for govt hospital, 1st day of mens to call the clinic then start to go down for scan/blood test/purchase injection or medication for abt 4 times on different day, after that embryo retrieval and transfer. Total about 6 times to drop by hospital. For normal visits can go down at 8am then return to office around 9plus or 10am. Talk to your supervisor if u can report at work later?
Hi ! Tks for the advise . Usually when we start the IVF process , which day go to scan etc example , menses come then which day go down , then what day go down again ? The whole IVF process is 14 days from our menses start ?Sorry also what do you mean normal visit go down at 8 am ?

Who is your doctor?
Better to stick to your original doctor appointment. Plus you need to q to attend the ivf briefing/counselling cos due to covid got limited couples to attend this briefing so I not sure if you can start ivf in Nov. Plus Dec I heard ivf lab is closed. Better discuss with your doctor first.

Back