IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi , Grateful for the advise . after the embryo transfer Which is the last stage , the doctor will gave us how many days MC to rest at home , during MC we cannot move around is it must rest at bed ? And also any supplement to eat to increase the egg quantity and quality before I start IVF? Tks!

I was given 14 days of Hospitalisation leave. It’s not necessary to bed rest n do not need HL for so Long but really depends on your job nature n whether it’s stressful.
The popular supplements are conceive well pills, fish oil n folic acid (a must).

Went for our briefing/counselling on Thursday at kkh, the hospitalisation leave is 19 days in total till the date we do our pregnancy test.

Can't advise on supplements though!

After embryo transfer, I was given 20 days HL until blood test. I take folic acid daily only. I make full use of the HL, stay at home and rest. Actually can work since is wfh but I just want to free my mind from work stuff. Another week to go before pregnancy test.

Hi ! I got Low ovarian reserve . What supplement I need to eat so that can increase the success in IVF. Seek sisters your advise please. Tks!

You may want to try Coq10 (cheaper but need higher dosage to be as effective) or Ubiquinol. And re-test your AMH level after 3-6 months to check if your body is receptive to it?

Hi not sure if anyone can help me. I am supposed to start injectables this cycle. However my appointment with dr is only on CD 6. Just went to TCM and the TCM dr mention that injectables should start CD 3... now i am very confused about this cycle..

Hi not sure if anyone can help me. I am supposed to start injectables this cycle. However my appointment with dr is only on CD 6. Just went to TCM and the TCM dr mention that injectables should start CD 3... now i am very confused about this cycle..
Is it fresh cycle? I think can start CD 2-4. Usually have to call the clinic when ur menses start and they will get u to go down for scan and blood test and start jab.

I was given 14 days of Hospitalisation leave. It’s not necessary to bed rest n do not need HL for so Long but really depends on your job nature n whether it’s stressful.
The popular supplements are conceive well pills, fish oil n folic acid (a must).
Hi! So when we do last stage embroyo transfer must we stay overnight in the hospital to do or just day time embryo transfer will do ! Seek for your advise ! Tks !

You may want to try Coq10 (cheaper but need higher dosage to be as effective) or Ubiquinol. And re-test your AMH level after 3-6 months to check if your body is receptive to it?
[/QUOT
hi ! If I take COq10 must take how high the dosage? Ubiquinol is it is better good quality product then COq10 is better ? How Long can see the effect ? I so scared this week once I confirm with the doctor I want to remove the polyps then after surgery she will very fast start the IVF.

Hi! So when we do last stage embroyo transfer must we stay overnight in the hospital to do or just day time embryo transfer will do ! Seek for your advise ! Tks !
The embryo transfer will take less than an hour and during day time. No need to stay overnight in hospital.

Mine was a daysurgery, completed within 1 hour or so. Then i am required to continue lying down on the bed for another hour. i did not take leave nor my dr gave me hospitalisation leave because i want to free my mind and getting worried on the outcome so i went back to work the next day

Mine was a daysurgery, completed within 1 hour or so. Then i am required to continue lying down on the bed for another hour. i did not take leave nor my dr gave me hospitalisation leave because i want to free my mind and getting worried on the outcome so i went back to work the next day
Hi! So once we finished the embryo transfer , when we can know the outcome for the result is it successful ? Tks!

Hi Aries12345,
After embryo transfer, the blood test for confirming Beta HCG levels is conducted two weeks later to confirm the outcome.
The embryo transfer is not painful but just mild discomfort only. The overall procedure is usually very fast maybe 15 mins but the doctor will take less than 5 mins to transfer the embryo. Kindly note the bladder must be full as a prerequisite.

Ubiquinol is just the active form of Coq10 (ubiquinone). To put it simply, your body still need ‘work hard’ to convert Coq10 to ubiquinol and may not yield the same amount.

It is similar to how I prefer to take folate (active form) to folic acid.

The recommended daily dosage of Ubiquinol varies based on each individual’s needs. Subject to your doctor’s advice, 100mg is a good start.

Hi can I ask how is the nature of your job like? Did u succeed? I took alot of HL during my previous cycles. Not sure should I continue this round. My job nature is pretty physically demanding

Hi can I ask how is the nature of your job like? Did u succeed? I took alot of HL during my previous cycles. Not sure should I continue this round. My job nature is pretty physically demanding

Normal office/desk bound job. Yes, successful and am currently 6 months pregnant. I think it depends on each individual’s comfort level and what you think is best for you. Consult your doctor and also make your own judgement on which option is better. For me, i know for sure that I will be more anxious and nervous if I just stay at home to rest after the procedure becauae I will be wondering whether the procedure is successful or not. So i choose to go back to office and work so that my mind will be occupied by work. Of course during that 10 days i am very careful with my movement and cautious of my diet (no cold drinks, no spicy food etc.)

Hi Aries12345,
After embryo transfer, the blood test for confirming Beta HCG levels is conducted two weeks later to confirm the outcome.
The embryo transfer is not painful but just mild discomfort only. The overall procedure is usually very fast maybe 15 mins but the doctor will take less than 5 mins to transfer the embryo. Kindly note the bladder must be full as a prerequisite.
Yes, the full bladder is very important point to take note. Else, the dr will insert a catheter to transfer fluid to your bladder which makes it super uncomfortable during the procedure and a bit painful to pee after the procedure.

Normal office/desk bound job. Yes, successful and am currently 6 months pregnant. I think it depends on each individual’s comfort level and what you think is best for you. Consult your doctor and also make your own judgement on which option is better. For me, i know for sure that I will be more anxious and nervous if I just stay at home to rest after the procedure becauae I will be wondering whether the procedure is successful or not. So i choose to go back to office and work so that my mind will be occupied by work. Of course during that 10 days i am very careful with my movement and cautious of my diet (no cold drinks, no spicy food etc.)
Hi! Congrats and can I ask did u successfully conceive with your first cycle?

I guess deskbound job is ok. Mine is on the feet always and physically demanding.. tough to go back to work during 2ww

Hi girls, i’m scheduled for ivf this month, anyone doing ivf this month too? My period has been late for 2 days and feeling anxious and hope my period can come soon. May i check if there are anything to take note of when i start my ivf?

Hi girls, i’m scheduled for ivf this month, anyone doing ivf this month too? My period has been late for 2 days and feeling anxious and hope my period can come soon. May i check if there are anything to take note of when i start my ivf?
Eat healthy and stay positive (easier said than done I know). But you're not alone in this journey!

Thank you
Yes, first time and successful :)
Hi! Congrats ! Tomorrow is my appointment with the doctor to confirm to remove the polyps and to do IVF! Hi to all sisters ! Tks for everything advice and encouragement to me! Although I am 48 yrs old but my heart never stopped me having a baby ! Will wipe my tears fighting to my goal to my IVF journey ! Tks for everything ! Praying to God bless me a baby ! Gave me one and I will be contented !

Hi! Congrats ! Tomorrow is my appointment with the doctor to confirm to remove the polyps and to do IVF! Hi to all sisters ! Tks for everything advice and encouragement to me! Although I am 48 yrs old but my heart never stopped me having a baby ! Will wipe my tears fighting to my goal to my IVF journey ! Tks for everything ! Praying to God bless me a baby ! Gave me one and I will be contented !
All the best!!!

Stay positive and be prepared for whatever that is coming your way. Good luck!!!

All the best!!! Not sure if your doc did suggest, u can do a fresh cycle to retrieve your eggs and freeze them first before u do the op.
So after u have recovered from the op, u can then do a frozen transfer. So u don't delay with extracting the eggs which is time crucial. Thats what I did b4 I went for my fibroid removal previously

Jiayou and have faith in yourself!

Hi the doctor didn’t gave you 19 days hospitalised leave ? The embryo transfer is it painful ?
The govt doctor only gave me 14 days of HL. Embryo transfer is not painful at all. Just need to drink until bladder full and nurse will press your bladder while the doctor is doing the transfer. The most challenging part for me is to ta han my urine while the nurse press on my bladder. Haha.. Very fast process like 10 mins.

Sorry for late reply. I don’t check forum regularly. U do not need to stay in the hospital. It’s just embryo transfer rest for two hr or so n u can go off.

Hi I just started and today is 3rd day stimms. I did not prepare anything though.

Dear Ladies, I have 2 DHEA bought from iHerb early this year, unopened & still sealed. As I’ve conceived naturally after 2 months of the DHEA taking, here the extra to let go.

Please pm me if you interested:

1 for $8,
2 for $15 (left over 1 clearblue unopened if you want)

DHEA Expiry 9/2021

Lots of baby dust to all!
IMG_3872.JPG

Hi ladies. Just transferred a grade C blastocyst today. Anyone success on grade C blastocyst? Understand that it is of the lowest grade for blastocyst.

Hello ladies, anyone seeing Dr Hemashree at SGH? How is she? Will be seeing her this Friday for my first appointment. Any info would help. Thanks a lot!

Hi ladies. Just transferred a grade C blastocyst today. Anyone success on grade C blastocyst? Understand that it is of the lowest grade for blastocyst.
Embryo grading is solely based on looks, but you know not all good embryos have to be good looking, so don't worry!

I’m on day 12 after my FET. This morning saw few drops of the witch with my pee. Called the clinic and they say it may be due to the aspirin I take . So they ask me stop aspirin and gave me a progeston jab . Worried now :( this is going to fail? Any one have witnessed this ?

hi everyone,

i have a 1 year old girl, conceived through a FET in Aug 2018.

I am planning for a FET for baby number 2 as I have 2 frozen blastocysts left currently at NUH.

May I know if anyone can advise, if there will be any standard tests/ procedures to be run again before I can do the FET? Besides the HIV test.

Any advise greatly appreciated, thanks! =)
Hi have u started your FET?

I’m on day 12 after my FET. This morning saw few drops of the witch with my pee. Called the clinic and they say it may be due to the aspirin I take . So they ask me stop aspirin and gave me a progeston jab . Worried now :( this is going to fail? Any one have witnessed this ?
I had spotting before the official blood test and it was positive. So went to see doc to get a jab.
U can do a home pregnancy test kit if you wish, by now should more or less be able to test.. however bare in mind blood test is still the most accurate

Don’t worry too much okay? I hope everything goes smooth. If you are so anxious, I suggest you take HPT :)

I had spotting before the official blood test and it was positive. So went to see doc to get a jab.
U can do a home pregnancy test kit if you wish, by now should more or less be able to test.. however bare in mind blood test is still the most accurate
Thanks. After the jab no spotting . 2 more days to BT . Just praying :)

Don’t worry too much okay? I hope everything goes smooth. If you are so anxious, I suggest you take HPT :)
Thanks . Didn’t think about this till the spotting . Now not anxious anymore . Just leave to God.Not planning for a HPT. DH say lets go for BT better .

Anyone succeeded without endo scratch?

I did endo scratch for my successful round 2 years back. But most of the research in recent years have shown that endo scratch does not result in a meaningful increase in implantation. So a number of clinics abroad have stopped offering it. Out here, most docs are happy to offer it if it just gives patients some extra confidence!

Hi, were you on autoimmune medicines?

Back