IVF 2019

Hi all, based on my ER date, I should be 5w5d today. Just went for my viability scan and we saw nothing, just a space which might be the gestational sac but might not be also - sonographer said that there's a space, if there is a baby it should be there but there's nothing there, and recorded "cystic space in endometrium, no obvious fetal pole seen yet". Didn't even see a yolk sac, if that space is even a gestational sac. Doctor tried to assure me that it could be a late implantation and i will be back for another scan in 10 days. I obviously immediately peed on a stick when I came home and the line is still very strong, a real dye-stealer. Holding out hope.

This is why I didn't really dare to announce here that I got a BFP. It seemed too good to be true. Trying to keep my chin up but cannot stop tearing when I think about it. At least I have 3 more frosties :)

Don't worry everything will be fine. I think it is still early. It is not very accurate to calculate base on ER date. Previously when I calculate I should be in 6wk plus, the sonographer scan say is 5wk plus. 5day lesser base on ER date.

So you just had to wait. It is too early for scan. If you worry just get doctor do another Beta HCG to confirm it is increasing continuously to peace your mind.

Hi, for those that bought the great eastern ARP insurance, applicable per live birth or per IVF cycle ?

Hi, for those that bought the great eastern ARP insurance, applicable per live birth or per IVF cycle ?

When you say per live birth, are you asking about whether you need to pay if unsuccessful? You pay per cycle based on how many embryos transferred, but it's no longer compulsory.

If you have paid for the ARP insurance, there is no refund even if the cycle isn't a success one.
The fee is base on the number of embryo u transferred in.

Hi Everyone, I’m here to show my support for everyone going through the IVF process.
Gist of my story is to remain optimistic and carefree through-out the IVF and 2ww, although hiccups are bound to happen.

I’m 35 and have Seen by Dr Yong TT at SGH O&G for 2 years+, tried to conceive naturally but of course didn’t work and during that time I wasn’t quite ready to embark on IVF yet. During 2nd half of 2018, we told Dr Yong that we decide to go for IVF and not IUI. I’m quite glad she didn’t suggest me to go through IUI cause I’m also not very confident on the success % that I briefly read online. We started on the IVF journey in Mar’19 as the dates did not match for Feb’19 due to the CNY holidays.

I am fortunate that I belonged to the short protocol, started taking the morning jabs on 22 March 2019 (Cetrotide) and took Gonal-F starting 25 March 2019. Throughout this period, I just took the jabs as it is and didn’t think about it much cause my mindset was try 1 round first, if this round fail then try after my July vacation. During this jab period, my thigh started to have a rash which was painful and growing so I requested to see the doctor 03 April 2019 on the day of my last scan before ER day. The doctor (I think she’s an overseas doctor who comes here for attachment work / learning) whom I seen and told me there was nothing to worry until Dr Yong & her team saw the “rash” on ER day 05 Apr’19.

So that was the time i started googling about whether it was varicella-zoster virus and if this would affect IVF process. Even Dr Yong had to do some additional reading. Of course, Dr Yong was a little upset with her doctor being that my case wasn’t flagged earlier. On day of ER, I was advised by Dr Yong to go to polyclinic to get the anti-viral medication which I have to take for 7 days in a row, 5 hours gap each tablet to get the virus outbreak under control. Polyclinic doctor diagnosed the rash as shingles and I was initially worried if the anti-viral medication would affect the ET then research starts to assure myself that all will be well even if I took anti-viral medication before/during/after ET.

Out of the 10 oocytes retrieved, 6 matured, 4 got fertilized and I kept giving the embryologist scenario based questions, like most prob will do which day transfer? Ultimately, she told me that if day 3 transfer they will give me ample time to go down in the afternoon but mine might be a day 5 transfer… So Monday 08 Apr’19 they called again and told me left 3 embryos grade 2, 2 doing a little slow and still monitoring the faster growing embryo and confirm will do ET on day 5. On ET day, I was like quarantine patient cause of the shingles, i was the last ET patient, the team showed me the selected blastocyst for transfer and I just jokingly said “oh… hello” to the monitor. So I just asked, so what grade is it? Embryologist mentioned Grade AA, then I thought to myself, wah so good grade. When Dr Yong started talking and distracting me from the full bladder and ET process, I also joked back to medical team that I know very well this is not 100% guarantee, I’m just taking it easy. The 2 other embryos were left to grow for another day and next day embryologist told me that they did not reach blastocyst stage hence will be discarded. So I try not to be too negative, cause I will need to go through another round of jabs if this round fails.

During my 2ww, I basically did stuff as usual, vacuum, mopping the floor every other day, walking my yorkie 3 times a day and playing with him every day, having afternoon naps with my yorkie. I think I wasn’t stressed about whether this round will succeed or not because we didn’t tell our parents or friends. Only my neighbor was curious how come I didn’t need to go to work. I noticed my body started to have changes and on the 7-8th day I started to have brown spotting, then I told myself just to relax and enjoy the HL while it lasts. Two days before the BT, I was thinking if I should get a HPT done. Then I told myself don’t waste money cause they gonna do blood test on me. I ended up finding 1 new HPT in my toiletries cabinet then I took it the night before the BT. Got a BFP from HPT, but didn’t tell my husband until the next day when the clinic called me with the results of my BT.

Went for my 1st scan on 6 May, saw the little tadpole and fetal heartbeat and now going 8 weeks.

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to succeed on my 1st IVF try. Baby dust to all and I hope everyone going through the IVF keep yourself free from worries and take it easy. Just be strong for yourself and not let anything setbacks take you down. Until today, I haven’t even told our parents yet. So no stress still !

Hi Everyone, I’m here to show my support for everyone going through the IVF process.
Gist of my story is to remain optimistic and carefree through-out the IVF and 2ww, although hiccups are bound to happen.

I’m 35 and have Seen by Dr Yong TT at SGH O&G for 2 years+, tried to conceive naturally but of course didn’t work and during that time I wasn’t quite ready to embark on IVF yet. During 2nd half of 2018, we told Dr Yong that we decide to go for IVF and not IUI. I’m quite glad she didn’t suggest me to go through IUI cause I’m also not very confident on the success % that I briefly read online. We started on the IVF journey in Mar’19 as the dates did not match for Feb’19 due to the CNY holidays.

I am fortunate that I belonged to the short protocol, started taking the morning jabs on 22 March 2019 (Cetrotide) and took Gonal-F starting 25 March 2019. Throughout this period, I just took the jabs as it is and didn’t think about it much cause my mindset was try 1 round first, if this round fail then try after my July vacation. During this jab period, my thigh started to have a rash which was painful and growing so I requested to see the doctor 03 April 2019 on the day of my last scan before ER day. The doctor (I think she’s an overseas doctor who comes here for attachment work / learning) whom I seen and told me there was nothing to worry until Dr Yong & her team saw the “rash” on ER day 05 Apr’19.

So that was the time i started googling about whether it was varicella-zoster virus and if this would affect IVF process. Even Dr Yong had to do some additional reading. Of course, Dr Yong was a little upset with her doctor being that my case wasn’t flagged earlier. On day of ER, I was advised by Dr Yong to go to polyclinic to get the anti-viral medication which I have to take for 7 days in a row, 5 hours gap each tablet to get the virus outbreak under control. Polyclinic doctor diagnosed the rash as shingles and I was initially worried if the anti-viral medication would affect the ET then research starts to assure myself that all will be well even if I took anti-viral medication before/during/after ET.

Out of the 10 oocytes retrieved, 6 matured, 4 got fertilized and I kept giving the embryologist scenario based questions, like most prob will do which day transfer? Ultimately, she told me that if day 3 transfer they will give me ample time to go down in the afternoon but mine might be a day 5 transfer… So Monday 08 Apr’19 they called again and told me left 3 embryos grade 2, 2 doing a little slow and still monitoring the faster growing embryo and confirm will do ET on day 5. On ET day, I was like quarantine patient cause of the shingles, i was the last ET patient, the team showed me the selected blastocyst for transfer and I just jokingly said “oh… hello” to the monitor. So I just asked, so what grade is it? Embryologist mentioned Grade AA, then I thought to myself, wah so good grade. When Dr Yong started talking and distracting me from the full bladder and ET process, I also joked back to medical team that I know very well this is not 100% guarantee, I’m just taking it easy. The 2 other embryos were left to grow for another day and next day embryologist told me that they did not reach blastocyst stage hence will be discarded. So I try not to be too negative, cause I will need to go through another round of jabs if this round fails.

During my 2ww, I basically did stuff as usual, vacuum, mopping the floor every other day, walking my yorkie 3 times a day and playing with him every day, having afternoon naps with my yorkie. I think I wasn’t stressed about whether this round will succeed or not because we didn’t tell our parents or friends. Only my neighbor was curious how come I didn’t need to go to work. I noticed my body started to have changes and on the 7-8th day I started to have brown spotting, then I told myself just to relax and enjoy the HL while it lasts. Two days before the BT, I was thinking if I should get a HPT done. Then I told myself don’t waste money cause they gonna do blood test on me. I ended up finding 1 new HPT in my toiletries cabinet then I took it the night before the BT. Got a BFP from HPT, but didn’t tell my husband until the next day when the clinic called me with the results of my BT.

Went for my 1st scan on 6 May, saw the little tadpole and fetal heartbeat and now going 8 weeks.

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to succeed on my 1st IVF try. Baby dust to all and I hope everyone going through the IVF keep yourself free from worries and take it easy. Just be strong for yourself and not let anything setbacks take you down. Until today, I haven’t even told our parents yet. So no stress still !

Congrats to you!

Congratulations! Always very happy to see success stories like this! Have us feel abit hopeful! :)

Congratulations!! Nice to hear such happy stories!!

Hi,I did the IUI procedure on the 22nd April at KK and last week on the 10th May 2019, I went to do the blood test and I am postive pregnant! Next week 22nd May is my 1st appt with the gynae at KK and most probably i will be 1 month preggy next week. All the best to you ladies!!! =)
Congrats! Dr did not recommend IUI for me. But IUI process is really much simpler than IVF.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks for sharing!!! yay

All the best for the transfer

Thanks dear!!!

An update, this morning went for egg transfer. Still soooo worried my 5 eggs got survive anot. Lol
Thank God I had 3 left and Dr Tan put in 2.

One is grade 4 another one grade 3 d2 embryos.

praying they will be safe & sound in me.

Thanks dear!!!

An update, this morning went for egg transfer. Still soooo worried my 5 eggs got survive anot. Lol
Thank God I had 3 left and Dr Tan put in 2.

One is grade 4 another one grade 3 d2 embryos.

praying they will be safe & sound in me.
Good luck!
How they grade as 4? I thought they use A B C to grade.

Hi Ladies!

First of all congrats to all with BFP and thanks for sharing your positive news.

I just started my ivf on day 4 of stimulation.
Usually my menses clears in 2 days but I’m still bleeding.
Does anyone experience the same? Does the simulations typically extend the menses?

KKH grade them 1 to 5 (Best) if they are below D4. Anything grade 2 or below I dont think they will transfer.
Thanks for the info, keithsg.
Because kk let me come back 5 days after ER to see doctor. So, never know what happen from day 1 to day 4. For me, only know how many eggs retrieved and how many blastocyst are frozen.

Thanks for the info, keithsg.
Because kk let me come back 5 days after ER to see doctor. So, never know what happen from day 1 to day 4. For me, only know how many eggs retrieved and how many blastocyst are frozen.

And KKH dont typically grade those blastocyst embro... kind of confusing comparing to NUH and SGH I think

And KKH dont typically grade those blastocyst embro... kind of confusing comparing to NUH and SGH I think

On day 5, they do let me know the grade, they are grade A. Doctor said they are the best grade. That is why I thought all use A B C to grade.

Doctor just said few sentences and in a rush. So, my knowledge is quite limited on how they grade.

Congrats!! So happy for you and thanks for sharing your success story! :)

Transfer done! There was a slight discomfort at the beginning but i just focus on the breathing. I got a mini surprise when the embryologist passed me the photo of my blastocyst right after thawing. The update i received just before they froze it was it’s a hatching one. Today the photo says hatched blastocyst. It’s a good surprise :)

Transfer done! There was a slight discomfort at the beginning but i just focus on the breathing. I got a mini surprise when the embryologist passed me the photo of my blastocyst right after thawing. The update i received just before they froze it was it’s a hatching one. Today the photo says hatched blastocyst. It’s a good surprise :)

Baby dust to you! Hope the hatched blastocyst turned into the small little one in 40 weeks time!

Very high chance ur blastocyst will implant cos already hatched. Have a good rest. Take care!

Very high chance ur blastocyst will implant cos already hatched. Have a good rest. Take care!

Thank you very much for the positive words! How have you been so far? I think i spent most of my energy anticipating, waiting, being in high spirits. Gonna head home to sleep a little while before dinner. My mother in law cooks so I get that done which is nice

Thank you very much for the positive words! How have you been so far? I think i spent most of my energy anticipating, waiting, being in high spirits. Gonna head home to sleep a little while before dinner. My mother in law cooks so I get that done which is nice
Trying to detect any symptoms but so far no symptoms yet. Mine is a hatching blastocyst according to the embryologist. 2ww is such a longgggggg wait.

Trying to detect any symptoms but so far no symptoms yet. Mine is a hatching blastocyst according to the embryologist. 2ww is such a longgggggg wait.

Haha Dont think or even google about the symptoms online too much.
Else the 2WW is terrible horrible long.

Hi all, i jus did my ER on thurs and I am experiencing extreme bloatedness. i feel as if my abdomen is going to explode anytime. Feels extremely terrible. The nurse says they fear OHSS for my case cos of the number of eggs retrieved. Anyone able to advise how to alleviate the bloating or discomfort?

Hi all, i jus did my ER on thurs and I am experiencing extreme bloatedness. i feel as if my abdomen is going to explode anytime. Feels extremely terrible. The nurse says they fear OHSS for my case cos of the number of eggs retrieved. Anyone able to advise how to alleviate the bloating or discomfort?

Try drinking some 100 Plus Zero.

Just enjoy being on leave for the 2 weeks!
Try not to worry about anything!

I drink 1.5L of 100plus active daily. Normal 100plus too gassy.
It resolve by 2nd day but still continue drink till transfer day.

Were u prescribed cabergoline for 8 days? If it’s bad, suggest u go O&G.

Nice!! all the best!!

Many 2ww buddies here lol.

I'm 2nd day into 2ww and getting abit bored alr. How do you girls spend ur 2ww?
I just watch comedies, taking naps on and off etc..

Any particular food we need to eat/ avoid?
Do I still continue my blackmores conceive well?

Drink H20.
Think it will go away in a few days' time.

Hi Ladies!

First of all congrats to all with BFP and thanks for sharing your positive news.

I just started my ivf on day 4 of stimulation.
Usually my menses clears in 2 days but I’m still bleeding.
Does anyone experience the same? Does the simulations typically extend the menses?

Not sure if it extends menses.

But I thought a longer menses may mean clearing more of your existing lining which is a good thing?
Cos u need to start with a fresh 'thin' lining :)
all the best!!!

Nice!! all the best!!

Many 2ww buddies here lol.

I'm 2nd day into 2ww and getting abit bored alr. How do you girls spend ur 2ww?
I just watch comedies, taking naps on and off etc..

Any particular food we need to eat/ avoid?
Do I still continue my blackmores conceive well?

My doctor said no need bed rest, 'gentle movements is ok', so... If i take a stroll or go for a walk in a park, it shld be fine right?

My doctor said no need bed rest, 'gentle movements is ok', so... If i take a stroll or go for a walk in a park, it shld be fine right?

Yea that is basically what i do - walk to the market etc. The day i did the ET, i slept most of the day away. Mainly because all the anticipation and waiting had tire me out. The next day i walk in the park below my house for about 10 mins. Then the day after, i walked to the market which is further.

I feel better after walking because all the resting and lying down give me backaches and I can never be sure if they are due to excessive lying down or implantation lol

Back