IVF 2019

Which TCM did you visit? I heard that acupuncture helps so wanna ask if you girls went for acupuncture during your ivf and was successful?
Thank you.
Not successful on me... I did accupuncture for total of 2-3 weeks until transfer and after transfer (3times alternate days).

Hello all, i just started on my stimulation injection yesterday. anyone has any side effect from gonal? I did my 2nd injection this morning and went back to sleep. When i woke up, i experienced extreme dizziness aka vertigo for many hours. wondering if this is related to the hormones jab?

Did u all load up on protein during the stim phase? how about egg whites every morning and red bean soup?

Hello all, i just started on my stimulation injection yesterday. anyone has any side effect from gonal? I did my 2nd injection this morning and went back to sleep. When i woke up, i experienced extreme dizziness aka vertigo for many hours. wondering if this is related to the hormones jab?

Did u all load up on protein during the stim phase? how about egg whites every morning and red bean soup?

My diet is as normal during injections. 2days before ER start eating at least 2 eggs per day till ET plus isotonic water to start get rid of bloating. After ET mainly stay at home 1wk and took nap daily. After 1wk get back to office even though still have HL as try to move a bit more. But everyday still will take afternoon nap for at least half an hour.

Hi,

Scheduled to go KKH for the 1st US on exactly 6W0D. The scan managed to see a normal size/shape gestational sac and a yolk sac. However no baby seen yet. Doc said still early stage and was told to come back for another US a week later. Is this normal that you dont get to see the baby end of 5W?

Hi Keith, do keep us updated on your scan outcome! All the best.

I didnt have any side effects...yet.
Now on 5th day stims... this morning 2 jabs. The Ganirelix needle is thicker than the Gonal-f

I try to eat more fish, eggs, vegetables and avocado.. and less rice, bread etc.. not sure whether it will help.

Thanks for sharing. Still thinking whether to go anot. Seems like it's too last min for me.
Yah can try bah... if you google it study said it helps, but probably not for all or maybe im not lucky enough ....u can try do it before and after the ET. The accupuncturist will decide how many sessions u need after ET based on days of embryos transfer.

Thanks for sharing. Still thinking whether to go anot. Seems like it's too last min for me.

My tcm doc says the purpose of the acupuncture is to increase blood flow to the uterus and strengthen the lining.

For my FET, i will be doing 3 rounds of acupuncture with him. Once was last Sat, then the next one will be this coming Sat and then the day before the transfer.

Whether it’s helpful or placebo effect, no one knows 100% for sure. You just choose what gives you the best peace of mind.

My tcm doc says the purpose of the acupuncture is to increase blood flow to the uterus and strengthen the lining.

For my FET, i will be doing 3 rounds of acupuncture with him. Once was last Sat, then the next one will be this coming Sat and then the day before the transfer.

Whether it’s helpful or placebo effect, no one knows 100% for sure. You just choose what gives you the best peace of mind.
Hi Billie,
When is ur FET? Mine is next Tuesday.

I believe the acupuncture is helping to some extend. I am also currently doing acupuncture on a weekly basis.

Hi Billie,
When is ur FET? Mine is next Tuesday.

Hi Mellyn,

Mine would be on Friday the 17th. Have you decided how many and which embryo to transfer? The doc recommended me to transfer 1 at a time and the lab chose the hatching Day 6 for me.

Hi Mellyn,

Mine would be on Friday the 17th. Have you decided how many and which embryo to transfer? The doc recommended me to transfer 1 at a time and the lab chose the hatching Day 6 for me.
I will be transferring 1 blastocyst. Although I wanted 2 but doctor said since this is my 1st time, transfer 1 first. I am not told which embryo they will transfer next Tuesday. Maybe I will know on that day bah.

All the best ya!!

Thanks for sharing girls :)
I've booked an appt this coming fri for accupuncture. Will see how it goes.

Tml is 2nd day of scan. How many days of injections usually before ER?
I'm having problems trying to take leave cos manpower is down in my ofc and I need to handover in advance :(

Thanks for sharing girls :)
I've booked an appt this coming fri for accupuncture. Will see how it goes.

Tml is 2nd day of scan. How many days of injections usually before ER?
I'm having problems trying to take leave cos manpower is down in my ofc and I need to handover in advance :(

If everything goes on smoothly, usually it about 7 to 10 days of injections before ER for me. The doctor will monitor the grow once or twice within this period.

Seen the doctor and everything looks great ... After 1 week can see the baby with the heartbeat. However, the doctor said it is not advisable to measure the heart beat per minute at this early stage. BUT it's a huge relief at least to know there is now a baby inside me!

1 week does make a huge difference.
Awww that's so nice!!!!
♥️♥️♥️

Seen the doctor and everything looks great ... After 1 week can see the baby with the heartbeat. However, the doctor said it is not advisable to measure the heart beat per minute at this early stage. BUT it's a huge relief at least to know there is now a baby inside me!

That's wonderful news!! So happy for you.

Yes I also read about the pineapple core thing but I dont think i dare try! Yes Chinese say will cause MC. Think just boil red dates and longan to drink to improve blood circulation...

Ya me too. I don’t dare to try pineapple core. Am thinking maybe us Asian body condition might be different. I also drink red dates and longan tea now.

Hmm.. maybe I will try to cut down on the longan and try red dates and goji.

Just did ET on Wed. And now on 2WW.

Last edited:

Wow! Great!! :)

Ya me too. I don’t dare to try pineapple core. Am thinking maybe us Asian body condition might be different. I also drink red dates and longan tea now.

Jiayou jiayou!!!! Happy thoughts!!!! All the best!

That's a good news so now in 6wks or 7wks? Even have heartbeat try to rest more. Once past 1st trimester everything will be more stable

Beside the drink, try to take more protein. Can try daily more egg whites just omit the yolks. But make sure is hard boil.

We want to help couples where both husband and wife have problems conceiving because of both poor egg and sperm quality.

We are a Chinese Singaporean couple who are willing to donate our eggs and sperm.

Let me explain our circumstances. To be upfront and honest, we do not actually have any fertility problems. We already have a daughter. However, my wife does not want to conceive another child at the moment due to personal and career commitments. She may consider having another child later. She is 32 years old, and I believe is still very fertile, but this will decline rapidly as she hits her mid-30's Hence as an "insurance", we want a few frozen embryos to keep for ourselves.

I checked with MOH, the Singapore government subsidizes IVF on the understanding that couples want to get pregnant immediately. They do not want couples to undergo subsidized ivf just to freeze embryos and get pregnant later.

Hence, what we hope is to find an infertile couple that would fund their own treatment cycle with sperm and eggs donated by us. In return, we just ask for a few embryos to keep for ourselves. Maybe 1 out of 4 or 1 out of 5 embryos. This is negotiable. You may use all the embryos first until you get pregnant, then give us the remaining frozen embryos.

We are Singaporeans, but are expats based overseas in Beijing, so it is not convenient to get referral letter from a polyclinic to do IVF in Singapore. Anyway, the Singaporean government does not allow such embryo sharing arrangements. It would be illegal in Singapore. As you know, sperm and egg donation in Singapore is a very strict and lengthy process that involves intensive counselling of all parties concerned. Hence, we would prefer to do in Thailand or Malaysia. There are several good IVF clinics in Malaysia.

As proof of our sincerity, we will undertake not to receive any payments from the couple we help. We will fund our own travel to the overseas clinic.

Do you need both sperm and egg donation? Maybe we can help in return for leftover frozen embryos.
This is not the first time u post here. No one is interested in your scam.

Also since your wife don't want to have a child no point for u to go into this. If u cant even afford this ivf or frozen your own embryos, I don't think u r financially ok for future ivf or even support a kid.
I suggest you take down the post and stop posting here.

Went for my 2nd scan today.

Left side follicles 5
(17, 9.5, 7, 12, 14)
Right side follicles 4
(16, 15.5, 10, 6)
Lining 9.3T

Doc says this seems to be lower than ideal :( , from the numbers probably 5 eggs?
So she said stimulate another 3 days and ER will be next Tue
I'm praying hard. Pls grow, follicles!

Left side follicles 5
(17, 9.5, 7, 12, 14)
Right side follicles 4
(16, 15.5, 10, 6)
Lining 9.3T

Doc says this seems to be lower than ideal :( , from the numbers probably 5 eggs?
Dun worry. They will grow. :)

Left side follicles 5
(17, 9.5, 7, 12, 14)
Right side follicles 4
(16, 15.5, 10, 6)
Lining 9.3T

Hi babe, your follicles have 4 more days to grow - I think you might have up to 7 eggs. Remember that YOU ONLY NEED ONE! jiayou :) I only had 7 eggs, 5 mature, but 4 fertilised and all made it to blastocyst. When I was reading around to find other people with low yield, I also found other people who talk about how they only retrieved 5 or so eggs but got 3-4 embryos. Quality is most important.

Left side follicles 5
(17, 9.5, 7, 12, 14)
Right side follicles 4
(16, 15.5, 10, 6)
Lining 9.3T

There’s still time for the follicles to grow babe! I rmb my mid range follicles caught up at the last scan ;)

Hi babe, your follicles have 4 more days to grow - I think you might have up to 7 eggs. Remember that YOU ONLY NEED ONE! jiayou :) I only had 7 eggs, 5 mature, but 4 fertilised and all made it to blastocyst. When I was reading around to find other people with low yield, I also found other people who talk about how they only retrieved 5 or so eggs but got 3-4 embryos. Quality is most important.

Thanks dear!! Appreciate your kind words ^^
hope all's well hee...

2mg twice per day for 4 days, then
4mg twice per day for 4 days, then
6mg twice per day for 6 days.

Been told to see the doc and do a scan on the last day lf progynova. Any idea how long after this till the actual transfer day?

I was prescribed one tab, twice a day for 4 days, two tabs twice a day for 4 days and three tabs twice a day for 4 days.

Hello , i am new here and my wife and I have been trying to conceived naturally but it was not possible hence we are turning into IVF. I would like to understand if I go to public hospital , roughly what is the waiting time? If heading to private hospital , which one are the so called " recommended ones". Pardon me for asking.

Hi we are gg thru ours at a private clinic at gleneagles, costs hv been hefty but we did get a 6k medisave reimbursement. Each typical visit can cost between 100plus to 400plus depending on medications given. We have gone through one round of ER, ICSI on 7 eggs, froze 5 embies and are waiting for FET. We have spent abt 7 so far less the 6k medisave reimbursement. There is usually no q and no waiting time. Longest time we waited was abt 40 mins cos it was a sat and there were many ppl. Usually i come in, sit down, they knw me by name and i get to see the doctor or do the tests almost immediately. Very quick and very smooth.

A few yrs back we did 3 rounds of iui with dr anupriya at nuh (we paid the premium for private cos i wanted to go with a lady doctor at first). Bad experience. I have been overweight all my life but then i was at my thinnest (not thin at all btw), and she was, very mean abt it. These things will affect you cos the procedure itself is very stressful what more hvg a doctor tt is a bit... Moody and snarky abt these issues. Made to feel like iui failed cos it was my fault. Came to a point where i dreaded my apptmts cos need to see her, it felt like having to see the DM when you are still in sch lol. And when there is bad news, i mean we are def upset but everytime sth goes wrong or not acc to plan she gets... Frustrated/angry. And waiting time can get quite long, usually if morning apptmt, whole morning gone le. meds were also expensive. Some days didnt even see doc, just nurses.

We took a break and later on went to see dr steven teo at novena.had a pleasant experience, waiting time abt 10 to 20 mins? He's also very clinical, which i thought was a huge upgrade alrdy frm dr anu lol. We chose to go private also cos i couldn't disappear from work for long and too frequently. From dr teo we discovered the real reason and its mainly due to male factor, sth dr anu failed to catch, we wld hv failed iui regardless of how many times we tried. Spent close to 2k in the span of three months, but he did manage to pin point the specific source of the problem.

But dr teo was expensive so the husb did some googling and since end dec 2018, we hv been with dr lim at ACRM. Cos we had all the tests results frm stog, we didnt have to do the whole round of tests and cld start where we left off. To date i have forked out abt 13k in cash (but 6k medisave reimbursed alrdy) also, so far, i have only taken 3 days hosp leave post ER, and used up 2 MCs. Other apptments, when we can help it, we schedule them in the late afternoon or on sat so i can rush there aft work.

So far so good, he will try his best to share all info, his nurses are also very very nice, u can reach them via whatsapp if ur worried or anything like tt, and yeap, no complains, even when we were waiting to fet on natural cycle and it failed i think the way his team handled us cushioned the anxiety and sadness. Hoping for the best for fet soon! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi Mellyn,

Mine is scheduled on the 17th too! Hopefully lining.. Well, lines up. Heheh

Mine is scheduled on the 17th too! Hopefully lining.. Well, lines up. Heheh

Hey transfer buddy! Hope everything works out for us :) i am excited because this will be the first time i am pregnant but i don’t think i will test until the actual test day in the hospital. I will just believe that i am pregnant. Easier said than done i know, hence i avoided keeping any HPT at home.

Does anyone knows what actually take place on transfer day? I will be doing mine in NUH. Do you need to have a full bladder? I did an SO-IUI at Raffles once and they made me keep my full bladder for an addition of 30 minutes because the doc was busy/late. It was painful both physically and mentally. I was losing my mind trying to hold the pee in.

Hey transfer buddy! Hope everything works out for us :) i am excited because this will be the first time i am pregnant but i don’t think i will test until the actual test day in the hospital. I will just believe that i am pregnant. Easier said than done i know, hence i avoided keeping any HPT at home.

Does anyone knows what actually take place on transfer day? I will be doing mine in NUH. Do you need to have a full bladder? I did an SO-IUI at Raffles once and they made me keep my full bladder for an addition of 30 minutes because the doc was busy/late. It was painful both physically and mentally. I was losing my mind trying to hold the pee in.
Hi Billie,
I was told by the nurse that on the day of FET, I need to drink about 500ml of fluid one hr before the appointment time for FET.
And yes, I heard from other ladies that we would need a full bladder.

Left side follicles 5
(17, 9.5, 7, 12, 14)
Right side follicles 4
(16, 15.5, 10, 6)
Lining 9.3T

Don’t worry. This rest of the follicles will catch up soon. Jiayou!

Ya need full bladder for the transfer. I was told to empty my bladder before I get into the car to go to hospital. Then I start to drink 1 cup of water in the car. And drank another 1 cup water when I reach hospital. Hope this helps. :)

My ET is also 17th May. ER in 18th Apr. Due to risk of OHSS, can only do FET. Let us Jiayou together.

Hi all, based on my ER date, I should be 5w5d today. Just went for my viability scan and we saw nothing, just a space which might be the gestational sac but might not be also - sonographer said that there's a space, if there is a baby it should be there but there's nothing there, and recorded "cystic space in endometrium, no obvious fetal pole seen yet". Didn't even see a yolk sac, if that space is even a gestational sac. Doctor tried to assure me that it could be a late implantation and i will be back for another scan in 10 days. I obviously immediately peed on a stick when I came home and the line is still very strong, a real dye-stealer. Holding out hope.

This is why I didn't really dare to announce here that I got a BFP. It seemed too good to be true. Trying to keep my chin up but cannot stop tearing when I think about it. At least I have 3 more frosties :)

Hi all, based on my ER date, I should be 5w5d today. Just went for my viability scan and we saw nothing, just a space which might be the gestational sac but might not be also - sonographer said that there's a space, if there is a baby it should be there but there's nothing there, and recorded "cystic space in endometrium, no obvious fetal pole seen yet". Didn't even see a yolk sac, if that space is even a gestational sac. Doctor tried to assure me that it could be a late implantation and i will be back for another scan in 10 days. I obviously immediately peed on a stick when I came home and the line is still very strong, a real dye-stealer. Holding out hope.

This is why I didn't really dare to announce here that I got a BFP. It seemed too good to be true. Trying to keep my chin up but cannot stop tearing when I think about it. At least I have 3 more frosties :)

It could really because of late implantation. When we are there around 6W (according to the nurse), we couldn't see the fetal pole. Just hold on and hope for the best .... 10 days really can do wonder inside.

I didnt have any side effects...yet.
Now on 5th day stims... this morning 2 jabs. The Ganirelix needle is thicker than the Gonal-f

I try to eat more fish, eggs, vegetables and avocado.. and less rice, bread etc.. not sure whether it will help.

Thanks! the ganirelix needle indeed hurts more than the gonal-f.... I just went for my second scan today and am put on another day of stimulation. Nurse says the results of the follicles are ok, but I’m hoping they can grow bigger though. They are still below 18mm.

Anyone knows what kinda food will help follicle growth?

Thanks! the ganirelix needle indeed hurts more than the gonal-f.... I just went for my second scan today and am put on another day of stimulation. Nurse says the results of the follicles are ok, but I’m hoping they can grow bigger though. They are still below 18mm.

Anyone knows what kinda food will help follicle growth?
I drank soy milk and milk every day. 30+ follicles, 12 eggs, 6 A grade 5 days blastocyst.

It could really because of late implantation. When we are there around 6W (according to the nurse), we couldn't see the fetal pole. Just hold on and hope for the best .... 10 days really can do wonder inside.

Thanks. Hearing your experience I really tried to managed my expectations too but to not even see any sac was crushing. I will try to hope.

Back