IVF 2019

mariposa

Hey everyone

Anyone starting IVF cycle in March 2019?

I'm a 29yo female, TTC for 1.5 years. DH is 32.
We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Our IVF briefing is scheduled for late February.
Anyone on the same boat?
Anyone been through IVF and willing to share tips?
Anyone has tips on how to naturally improve our chances?

Thanks~

Hey everyone

We have had 1 failed IUI in Jan 2019 and will be proceeding with IVF at KKH for this coming March cycle.
Doctor dubbed us "unexplained subfertility", but she thinks it's most likely because DH has low sperm morphology (Teratospermia).

Anyone on the same boat?

Thanks~
Hi..
I am 34 this year. Just did my briefing at KKH. Will be in the Feb cycle. Been married for 11 years. Never thought of having kids earlier but regretting it now. So when i want them now, we just dont have the time to get intimate.

Hey everyone

Anyone on the same boat?

Thanks~
Hi..
I am 34 this year. Just did my briefing at KKH. Will be in the Feb cycle. Been married for 11 years. Never thought of having kids earlier but regretting it now. So when i want them now, we just dont have the time to get intimate.

Hi..

Don't regret! It's always better to have kids when you're ready instead of rushing into things, I feel. :)
So how was the briefing? Anything I should know/ keep in mind/ prepare for?

By the way, did they explain when the whole process starts? I plan to go on vacation in March right before my March cycle, but not sure if I will start taking medication before my period or only when my period starts.

Yes..they will explain the whole process. I am schedule for a short trip to Malaysia the week after CNY but they advise to cancel in case my mensus will come during that week. As we need to do some scannings and start self injection. I hope that my mensus will come earlier or later so that i can go for my trip. :)

Yes..they will explain the whole process. I am schedule for a short trip to Malaysia the week after CNY but they advise to cancel in case my mensus will come during that week. As we need to do some scannings and start self injection. I hope that my mensus will come earlier or later so that i can go for my trip. :)

They actually asked me to keep taking Letrozole now, to make sure that my cycle comes exactly every 28 days so I can "control" it and plan my vacation days.

OK so scans and and self injection only start on Day 1 of menses? Thank you for sharing :)

Let's keep each other posted! Baby dust to you!!

I took Letrozole as well for 3 cycle but then me and my husband dont get intimate that much. Haha. We are 11 years into our marriage and intimancy is not as much between us. The injection will not start on your first day of mensus. On your full day mensus flow, u need to call the IVF center. They will schedule for scanning probably on your third or fourth day. So on the day of scanning they will teach you how to do the injections and give you medicine. Then you will have to follow up 3-4 times of scanning. Thats why they dont allow me to travel cos i need to keep coming back for the scans. Then on the day of egg retrieval, the will give you hospitalization leave between 14-19 days depending on individual.

Baby dust to you too. Let's pray.

I took Letrozole as well for 3 cycle but then me and my husband dont get intimate that much. Haha. We are 11 years into our marriage and intimancy is not as much between us. The injection will not start on your first day of mensus. On your full day mensus flow, u need to call the IVF center. They will schedule for scanning probably on your third or fourth day. So on the day of scanning they will teach you how to do the injections and give you medicine. Then you will have to follow up 3-4 times of scanning. Thats why they dont allow me to travel cos i need to keep coming back for the scans. Then on the day of egg retrieval, the will give you hospitalization leave between 14-19 days depending on individual.

Baby dust to you too. Let's pray.

Full flow in the afternoon then next day will consider day 1 while in the morning then next day is day 2. Normally they will ask u go to do the scanning next day or following day. Be early bird.. door open 8am but advice go early otherwise waiting time can kill u..

Second scanning normally will be a week later based on KKH protocol. Then will depend on the egg grow either next day or next few days scanning.

They will issue u Hospitalization leave from the day of egg retrieval (ER) until the blood test. Meaning ET+5+14.. day 5 is embryo transfer (ET) n 14 is 2 weeks wait (2WW).

Pls remember bring cooler bag every time go to scan. Because the medication need to keep in cooler place.

Don't regret! It's always better to have kids when you're ready instead of rushing into things, I feel. :)
So how was the briefing? Anything I should know/ keep in mind/ prepare for?

By the way, did they explain when the whole process starts? I plan to go on vacation in March right before my March cycle, but not sure if I will start taking medication before my period or only when my period starts.

Nothing to plan or prepare actually. Relax yourself will do.

The injection not scary as ppl mentioned because I m helping my wife every morning.

165f7bfdcd58ab28760199988eb4b609.jpg

KKH short protocol

Full flow in the afternoon then next day will consider day 1 while in the morning then next day is day 2. Normally they will ask u go to do the scanning next day or following day. Be early bird.. door open 8am but advice go early otherwise waiting time can kill u..

Second scanning normally will be a week later based on KKH protocol. Then will depend on the egg grow either next day or next few days scanning.

They will issue u Hospitalization leave from the day of egg retrieval (ER) until the blood test. Meaning ET+5+14.. day 5 is embryo transfer (ET) n 14 is 2 weeks wait (2WW).

Pls remember bring cooler bag every time go to scan. Because the medication need to keep in cooler place.
Hi..do you mean every time time we go for scan, they will give us medicine? And is it necessary for the hospitalization leave? I read that some requires bed rest but only 1-2 days enought. Is it true? If its not necessary then i will just take time off from work for 2 days.

Hi..do you mean every time time we go for scan, they will give us medicine? And is it necessary for the hospitalization leave? I read that some requires bed rest but only 1-2 days enought. Is it true? If its not necessary then i will just take time off from work for 2 days.

They will give u the exact medication each time. I.e. give u 4 days.. then u hv to go back day 4...

No even need bed rest :) (at least for my wife) I ask her stay at home 2 days only then she went back to work.
Take the hospitalization leave but still go work.. so no deduct on your time off or leave.

Remember, everytime go scan ask for MC...

They will give u the exact medication each time. I.e. give u 4 days.. then u hv to go back day 4...

No even need bed rest :) (at least for my wife) I ask her stay at home 2 days only then she went back to work.
Take the hospitalization leave but still go work.. so no deduct on your time off or leave.

Remember, everytime go scan ask for MC...
Thank you so much for the information.

Oh by the way, did you get to decide how many embryos you want to transfer? Or does the doctor decide that...

Hey everyone

Anyone on the same boat?

Thanks~

I’m starting IVF cycle in March at KKH too. Briefing scheduled on end Jan.

Oh by the way, did you get to decide how many embryos you want to transfer? Or does the doctor decide that...

Max to transfer is 2 in Singapore by law but in certain case u can do it at 3...

By law, we have to purchase insurance once the transfer. But the cost won’t be a boom

ExcitedDaddy, you are going to be one amazing and supportive father!!

Thank you so much for the info! I was quite sad actually that I needed to go through IVF but your positivity is making me super excited now!

Nothing to be sad... we succeeded only in 2nd IVF cycle!! Don’t give up...

How much do we need to pay after subsidy?

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read on the KK website:

IVF fresh cycle- $12,000-$16,000 (excluding additional procedures or embryo freezing/storage etc)

The government also gives grants of 75% or up to $7700 for SG couples, 55% or up to $5700 for SG-PR couples, and 35% up to $3600 for SG/Non-resident couples.

You can also top up with Medisave, an additional of $4000-6000 depending on how many fertility treatment you've already gone for.

Hope this helps.

Max to transfer is 2 in Singapore by law but in certain case u can do it at 3...

By law, we have to purchase insurance once the transfer. But the cost won’t be a boom

Thank you. The insurance is different from regular maternity insurance? What does it cover?

I’m starting IVF cycle in March at KKH too. Briefing scheduled on end Jan.

Exciting! We can be virtual cycle buddies!
I am expected to start my IVF around 10/ 11 March, so they scheduled my briefing 2 weeks before, end of Feb.

I wonder why they scheduled your briefing 2 months earlier if you're only starting in March?

IVF fresh cycle- $12,000-$16,000 (excluding additional procedures or embryo freezing/storage etc)

The government also gives grants of 75% or up to $7700 for SG couples, 55% or up to $5700 for SG-PR couples, and 35% up to $3600 for SG/Non-resident couples.

You can also top up with Medisave, an additional of $4000-6000 depending on how many fertility treatment you've already gone for.

Hope this helps.

Also depend on the medication n how many you have to do the injection.

CPF medisave withdrawn is $15k for life time only.

Hope this helps.

518865764e862544ed6de9980d0b7d44.jpg

i am on my 1st fresh cycle for ivf. Did embryo transfer few days ago.
no frozen embryos left.
transferred 2 on Day 5 (but not at blastocyst stage yet).
Dr said can only wish for the best and see if the embryos can develop further. They are growing too slowly.

i think only 50% chance of success, she said unlikely to have twins given their slow growth.

no frozen embryos left.
Dr said can only wish for the best and see if the embryos can develop further. They are growing too slowly.

i think only 50% chance of success, she said unlikely to have twins given their slow growth.

Pardon my ignorance as I haven’t gone for the briefing yet. But why did they not wait for the embryos to develop into blastocysts before transferring?

Baby dust to us all!

Pardon my ignorance as I haven’t gone for the briefing yet. But why did they not wait for the embryos to develop into blastocysts before transferring?

Baby dust to us all!

There is not “wait” during the process.. by day 5 if it doesn’t grow to blastocysts mean highly they won’t grow. You can’t just sitting n wait it grow. Everything have to decide day 5 after oocyst retrieval.

In such case, most the doctor won’t do the transfer but some does. If u skip the transfer then the cost will be lower as well.

no frozen embryos left.

Good luck to u! However, don’t put too much expectation since it still not in blastocyst. Slow grow embryo seem not a good one n it will effect the implantation on lining as well.

Exciting! We can be virtual cycle buddies!
I am expected to start my IVF around 10/ 11 March, so they scheduled my briefing 2 weeks before, end of Feb.

I wonder why they scheduled your briefing 2 months earlier if you're only starting in March?

I’m not sure. I should probably call tmr see if can change to Feb slot.

Based on my current timing, I should be starting 13-14 March. Very close to yours.

Any WhatsApp group for IVF 2019. Or Q1?

I’m not sure. I should probably call tmr see if can change to Feb slot.

Based on my current timing, I should be starting 13-14 March. Very close to yours.

Any WhatsApp group for IVF 2019. Or Q1?

Can try but they have limited slot for each schedule due to efficient n quality.

If u are on private can try look for Dr Sadhana if she still available. She is good but pricey due to she is the head of Infertility Centre in KKH

Can try but they have limited slot for each schedule due to efficient n quality.

If u are on private can try look for Dr Sadhana if she still available. She is good but pricey due to she is the head of Infertility Centre in KKH

Hey ExcitedDaddy, I’m actually with Dr Sadhana now! I agree she is really good. But do you know if she is pro-natural birth? A friend told me that KKH has the highest number of caesarian births compared to other hospitals in Singapore. But maybe that’s just a volume thing and not doctor’s choice...

Hey ExcitedDaddy, I’m actually with Dr Sadhana now! I agree she is really good. But do you know if she is pro-natural birth? A friend told me that KKH has the highest number of caesarian births compared to other hospitals in Singapore. But maybe that’s just a volume thing and not doctor’s choice...

Dr Sadhana is an infertility/IVF doctor n she is not a gynae, she won’t do any delivery for u. She will refer u to other senior gynea after confirm your pregnancy somewhere around week 6 if you don’t have any preference n choose to deliver in KKH

Dr Sadhana is an infertility/IVF doctor n she is not a gynae, she won’t do any delivery for u. She will refer u to other senior gynea after confirm your pregnancy somewhere around week 6 if you don’t have any preference n choose to deliver in KKH

Thank you so much! Your wife must be so happy that you are such an involved husband/ father to know all these things~

Hey everyone

Anyone on the same boat?

Thanks~
Hi, quite curious as you are quite young. The doctor allow you to do IVF? I tried 1 iui but failed already.. am planning to go for another iui this cycle but might meet cny period. Not sure if I wanna opt for IVF instead?

Hi, quite curious as you are quite young. The doctor allow you to do IVF? I tried 1 iui but failed already.. am planning to go for another iui this cycle but might meet cny period. Not sure if I wanna opt for IVF instead?

Decision is on yours! You can opt to iui but it will used up your government grant..

For your reference, one of my friend have 7 times iui but all failed..

Don’t waste time on iui.. chances between iui are much lower than IVF.. since we have infertility problem.

I guess it depends on a case by case basis. She allowed because I spent 5 timed cycles trying to conceive naturally and 6 cycles on letrozole before moving to IUI. My tests all came back clear- I was ovulating on my own, no blocked tubes, lining is thick enough, etc etc. So the doctor said highly likely my husband’s sperm couldn’t penetrate the egg because of low morphology. So after the first failed IUI she said the chances a second IUI would work was also very slim. She gave me a choice to do another round of IUI or proceed with IVF and I decided to go with IVF so I’ll have more subsidy coverage.

Think you should talk to your doctor about what’s preventing you from conceiving, and consider your own personal timeline/ resources before you make the decision. :)

I’m 30 and we’ve been TTC for almost 3 yrs now. Just went for fertility checks and my reciew is on Fri.

Can I just ask what’s the usual timeline after doc’s review? Like, how long would I have to wait before the next IVF cycle? I have a feeling one of my tubes are blocked tho the radiologist didn’t explicitly say so during my HSG. I also had a dermoid cyst removed before. TIA!

I’m 30 and we’ve been TTC for almost 3 yrs now. Just went for fertility checks and my reciew is on Fri.

Can I just ask what’s the usual timeline after doc’s review? Like, how long would I have to wait before the next IVF cycle? I have a feeling one of my tubes are blocked tho the radiologist didn’t explicitly say so during my HSG. I also had a dermoid cyst removed before. TIA!

Which type of check up you have done? How abt your husband? Count the sperm count as well?

IVF procedure can actually start anytime, all depend on the hospital schedule n they have slot for you or not. Before the procedure, you need to attend the counseling which include financial n understand the protocol.

Which type of check up you have done? How abt your husband? Count the sperm count as well?

IVF procedure can actually start anytime, all depend on the hospital schedule n they have slot for you or not. Before the procedure, you need to attend the counseling which include financial n understand the protocol.

I’ve done the blood test to see if i ovulate, done ultrasound, papsmear and the HSG. Husband has done his sperm test too. 25th is my review with doc but husband’s away on reservist :(

I know I shouldn’t be overanalysing the tests since idk the outcome yet, but cannot help it! Kinda prepping myself for the worst

Hi All, which hospital should I go KKH or NUH? Also which doc? Is there any subsidy for private patient? How much in total for IVF and the waiting time?

Hi All, which hospital should I go KKH or NUH? Also which doc? Is there any subsidy for private patient? How much in total for IVF and the waiting time?
Hi..it will depend on your convenience. For myself, i chose KKH because it is nearer to my place. I went to poly and ask for referral so I'm a subsidized patient. I am just starting my IVF cycle. Waiting for my full flow mensus. I waited for around 6 months. In between did some check ups. The total IVf cost is between 12-16K depending on individual. But prior to starting the cycle, you will need approximately 1.5-2K cash for all your check ups.

Hi..it will depend on your convenience. For myself, i chose KKH because it is nearer to my place. I went to poly and ask for referral so I'm a subsidized patient. I am just starting my IVF cycle. Waiting for my full flow mensus. I waited for around 6 months. In between did some check ups. The total IVf cost is between 12-16K depending on individual. But prior to starting the cycle, you will need approximately 1.5-2K cash for all your check ups.
I understand if take referral letter, the only thing that is subsidised is the checkup and test?

Hi All,

May I know at which point do they inform you when you can start ivf?

We would like to go for Mar cycle however my husband must freeze his sperm first. Since he is travelling, he can only make it for the appointment on 13 Feb. Not sure if we will be able to make it in time for Mar cycle or not.

Is there a number that I can call to enquiry on this?

I understand if take referral letter, the only thing that is subsidised is the checkup and test?

IVF procedure cost are depend on if u are citizen or PR... the subsidize rate only apply on the doctor visit n test before the procedure start.. after that all cost are under one IVF package

Back