IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Jas_Tohh,
2500 $ at KKH for IUI? wow, so much. I have all papers for IUI from SGH Dr Yu , it is mentioned in the docs that IUI 600$ plus 128$ each scan. I thought it would be about 1200$ maximum, because at raffles it costs 1800$.

I think IUI is cheap, but the medication and injection plus all kinds of test are not cheap.
I did mine on 16.09.17 at pte clinic and IUI procedure at VFC, my total cost is $7923.49. I am claiming medisave $6k. So that will be $1923.49 cash part.

Hi gals, I am new here and want to share my experience of SOIUI @kkh.

History:
I got pregnant in Jan 2016 which end up natural M/C due to empty sac. TTC for 6 month then consider go for IUI as we both are in 30s already. Went to poly for referral letter and they also made appointment for us, waiting time is 1 month!!

In Oct we went through some test including HSG (fallopian tube), US, fertility hormone and DH did sperm test only. Result are all good except DH's morphology is a concern (1%). But doctor says it is still okay and give us the option to continue try naturally or go for SOIUI.

Oct and Nov no news then we decided to go for IUI in Dec 2016. Call IVF center on D1 of AF and asked to come next day morning for consultation session. The consultation is not Medisave claimable, following procedure and medicine are all covered by Medisave.

IUI#1

I started 50unit puregon injection daily (very easy to do at home and no pain) and come for 1st US after 5 days. Turns out I am not very responsive to puregon and that cycle I only got 1 egg @16.5 when I did the HCG trigger on D15 of AF, IUI done on the morning of D17 (36 hours after HCG trigger). I also got brownish spotting after HCG trigger. This cycle doesn't work which I have expected somehow.

Total cost is 2.5k, a bit over regular cost because I responses very slow to puregon.

IUI#2

Started cycle on Feb 6 (2nd day of AF), doctor increased dose to 75unit as last round I am not responding. However this cycle I am responding too well that by 1st US I already had 6 follicle larger than 16mm on Saturday with one 22mm. That was only D7 from AF XD. Doctor suspect the biggest one is water cyst so they asked for blood test on the spot. I dont know the result but they mention it is to check whether LH is surging. They also give me OPK and ask my husband to stand by, IUI is possible to be done on Monday. OPK is negative on Sunday.

Monday I came back, US show there are 4 big follicle (21, 19.5, 18, 17.5) with positive OPK result. I had HCG trigger at 11am and IUI done at 1pm. This cycle was so fast!!!!

Now I am in my 2ww, keep clam and hope for good things to happen :) If you had been there or will go for IUI, hope the above might be helpful to you~

So your #2 successful?

History:
I got pregnant in Jan 2016 which end up natural M/C due to empty sac. TTC for 6 month then consider go for IUI as we both are in 30s already. Went to poly for referral letter and they also made appointment for us, waiting time is 1 month!!

In Oct we went through some test including HSG (fallopian tube), US, fertility hormone and DH did sperm test only. Result are all good except DH's morphology is a concern (1%). But doctor says it is still okay and give us the option to continue try naturally or go for SOIUI.

Oct and Nov no news then we decided to go for IUI in Dec 2016. Call IVF center on D1 of AF and asked to come next day morning for consultation session. The consultation is not Medisave claimable, following procedure and medicine are all covered by Medisave.

IUI#1

I started 50unit puregon injection daily (very easy to do at home and no pain) and come for 1st US after 5 days. Turns out I am not very responsive to puregon and that cycle I only got 1 egg @16.5 when I did the HCG trigger on D15 of AF, IUI done on the morning of D17 (36 hours after HCG trigger). I also got brownish spotting after HCG trigger. This cycle doesn't work which I have expected somehow.

Total cost is 2.5k, a bit over regular cost because I responses very slow to puregon.

IUI#2

Started cycle on Feb 6 (2nd day of AF), doctor increased dose to 75unit as last round I am not responding. However this cycle I am responding too well that by 1st US I already had 6 follicle larger than 16mm on Saturday with one 22mm. That was only D7 from AF XD. Doctor suspect the biggest one is water cyst so they asked for blood test on the spot. I dont know the result but they mention it is to check whether LH is surging. They also give me OPK and ask my husband to stand by, IUI is possible to be done on Monday. OPK is negative on Sunday.

Monday I came back, US show there are 4 big follicle (21, 19.5, 18, 17.5) with positive OPK result. I had HCG trigger at 11am and IUI done at 1pm. This cycle was so fast!!!!

Now I am in my 2ww, keep clam and hope for good things to happen :) If you had been there or will go for IUI, hope the above might be helpful to you~

Btw ivf Q for kkh is appx 6 months. So after my first failed soiui. I book 2nd time so-iui and Q for ivf at the same time.

Just got for private if Q so long. I think cost is slightly more but u saved time and seize opportunity. i had mine for $8k less claimable medisave $6k first cycle will be $2k all in including all the test, HSG, hep B injection too!

So your #2 successful?

History:

IUI#1

IUI#2

Btw ivf Q for kkh is appx 6 months. So after my first failed soiui. I book 2nd time so-iui and Q for ivf at the same time.

Just got for private if Q so long. I think cost is slightly more but u saved time and seize opportunity. i had mine for $8k less claimable medisave $6k first cycle will be $2k all in including all the test, HSG, hep B injection too!

So your #2 successful?

Thanks for the assurance. I just found out the doctor who did for me is a training resident only. Gosh i was informed that Dr chew was performing only before the start then i noticed its the resident doing and i was not even informed who he is. After the procedure, Dr chew made it seems like i am hopeless or something saying very challenging so i asked him what is the next step if not successful, is it IVF. He just said Ivf also difficult. I heard already v sian dont want ask liao. The nurse with me is more reassuring she just said can try for few round of iui first.

Hi, after so long, did you managed to conceive? I can recommend my gynae to you if u need one soon

Hi All, I'm really new to this hence was hoping for some patient kind soul to provide some advice and guidance.
We have been ttc for quite sometime but no luck still and have been planning for IUI if still no news next month. As both of us have hectic working schedule and this ttc thingy has caused me to be quite stressful in addition to work stress.
I heard Dr. Wendy Teo from Mount E Novena is pretty good but expensive? I called and asked, so one procedure plus consultation plus scan is around $1800. Some says have to try 2-3 times before it works or something?
So my question is, if you go to a gynae or a fertility doctor, tell them the basic background etc, will they first do a check on both of us first to determine the problem before continuing with IUI?
As for IUI, it's just a procedure so you basically just need to wait for your ovulation etc, go to the clinic when it's your ovulation day and do the procedure?
Lastly, any recommendation for fertility doctor? We don't really want to wait as age is catching up but of course we don't mind if can claim medisave etc :) since I believe private hosp will not have such subsidies.
Looking forward to your replies! :)

Hi, I also cant wait, I am 44yo and my hubby is 35. I was like try to hit the metal while its hot. For this SOIUI cycle, i spent $7923.49.. can claim$6k from medisave. But you need to have ready cash for the 2 weeks at least. So you pay first, claim after the IUI procedure. Use my Dr, he is good. very responsive, my dates all prioritised. This price including HSG, sperm wash, IUI procedure at VFC, medication during HSG, 10 days injections plus trigger jab. Also consultation plus US.

Debanu,

Anitha is from nuh. She is good but ex. But I heard Dr Henry from Bishan is good thinking of seeing him real soon..

anything until I can't wait and googled online this Virtue Fertility Centre and they recommend me this Dr Yeong from The Tow Yung Clinic. He is real good. immediate attention to me, so you can consider him.

Dear everyone, I have been tried to conceived for 3 years and so far no good news yet. I had my 1st SO-IUI with KKH on Oct but failed. I'm planning to do the 2nd SO-IUI with SF Loh on March'17 so while waiting for the appointment I wanted to try naturally.

I need your advise whether we can do BD during tww period. I did acupuncture when I did my 1st IUI and the physician told me not to BD during TWW because it might effect the environment in the womb. Anybody still do BD during their TWW.
hi, what is BD?

IUI at NUH cost $300 (Subsidized rate).
S$85 for Ovidrel (HCG trigger shot)
S$30 for each timing of ovulation scan (Follicle size & endometrium thickness) - Done by consultants or senior consultants.
Total cost should be less than $500.
Recommended by the nurses not to use medisave for IUI but for IVF instead.

S$30 for each timing of ovulation scan (Follicle size & endometrium thickness) - Done by consultants or senior consultants.

As I'm already 44, also won't get government to subsidies me for ivf. So I go directly to private dr. Very fast. My first visit for introduction on 19.08.17, it happens that I was going to ovulate in a day or so. Had one matured follicle. Other 3 still small. Basically normal conception, woman will only have one matured egg or two. So in august, I told my gynae that I still go ahead w natural way. Then he gave me duphaston pill to take just in case I may conceive. The very first visit, my blood was drawn for some checking, then my hubby gave his sample to VFC for analysis too.

As my natural way failed, so my gynae started to plan for my SOIUI immediately on 5th sept, which is my Day 2. So everything just commenced and my SOIUI done on 16.09.17. Very fast. Now I'm in the 2WW, very long wait though. Total for all scan, consultations, medication, 10days injection, sperm wash, HSG and iui procedure room at VFC cost me $7923.49. Which I claim my first cycle of medisave. So in the end I'll spend like close to $2k for a very fast and planned procedure.

As I'm already 44, also won't get government to subsidies me for ivf. So I go directly to private dr. Very fast. My first visit for introduction on 19.08.17, it happens that I was going to ovulate in a day or so. Had one matured follicle. Other 3 still small. Basically normal conception, woman will only have one matured egg or two. So in august, I told my gynae that I still go ahead w natural way. Then he gave me duphaston pill to take just in case I may conceive. The very first visit, my blood was drawn for some checking, then my hubby gave his sample to VFC for analysis too.

As my natural way failed, so my gynae started to plan for my SOIUI immediately on 5th sept, which is my Day 2. So everything just commenced and my SOIUI done on 16.09.17. Very fast. Now I'm in the 2WW, very long wait though. Total for all scan, consultations, medication, 10days injection, sperm wash, HSG and iui procedure room at VFC cost me $7923.49. Which I claim my first cycle of medisave. So in the end I'll spend like close to $2k for a very fast and planned procedure.

Furthermore IVF Max age is 45. And I won't do IVF also. If this time my IUI is not successful, I'll drop the idea too. Plus medisave claim for ACP max is $15k, if dun use, dunno when can use. Lol

4 matured follicles is a lot for IUI. 2WW is really miserable & stressful. Did you do a scan before your IUI? All 4 follicles ruptured?

Hope you succeed on your first try!

Procedure is cheap at government hospital but of cos waiting time is longer à Have to get referral letter from polyclinic too. I feel that additional 2k is okay since 6k is covered by medisave. :)

4 matured follicles is a lot for IUI. 2WW is really miserable & stressful. Did you do a scan before your IUI? All 4 follicles ruptured?

Hope you succeed on your first try!

Procedure is cheap at government hospital but of cos waiting time is longer à Have to get referral letter from polyclinic too. I feel that additional 2k is okay since 6k is covered by medisave. :)

Haha, ya. My gynae actually told me his other patients will move on to IVF if they have good numbers of matured follicles. But I still insisted to go ahead w IUI. crossing my fingers now hoping that I'll get pregnant with just at most twins. Cannot imagine if I got triplets or quadruplets.

Haha, ya. My gynae actually told me his other patients will move on to IVF if they have good numbers of matured follicles. But I still insisted to go ahead w IUI. crossing my fingers now hoping that I'll get pregnant with just at most twins. Cannot imagine if I got triplets or quadruplets.

Yup, pregnant with multiples is very risky. Hope you can get twins! Around 10 more days to go! Good luck! :)

So your #2 successful?

My 2nd fresh is 3 mths Q thou. The cost is a lot cheaper cause got 6.3k gov grants. So i only pay 1k+ cash minus off 6.3k grants, 4k medisave.

Now I'm Day 6 after iui. The past few days felt those menstrual cramp on n off. Today the pull is at the lower abdomen. Not sure if I over reacted as thought I hv successful procedure. But really dunno the result. Still so many days to my next cycle 2nd oct. told my gynae I'll see him on 3rd oct right after my next cycle as if I no menses then, I'll be sure pregnant.

What's the cause of your MC? U must take care of your womb from now on. Try to build it stronger.

By right one should rest long enough after one MC then start to conceive again. Take dang gui, bazhen, eat more green leaves vege, fish like pomfret, salmon. Dun take cold things, especially grass jelly, agar agar, white type of vege.

Hello! I just had my first IUI on Sept 18 and counting down this 2ww.... (5 more days to go!)
The unfortunate thing is I've developed cold and cough from a flu bug at work and have been unwell the last few days :( but i hope this will not affect me much.

@goggyforyoz - i think our dates are pretty near, praying hard this will be great success for us (and everyone else)! ;)

Hello! I just had my first IUI on Sept 18 and counting down this 2ww.... (5 more days to go!)
The unfortunate thing is I've developed cold and cough from a flu bug at work and have been unwell the last few days :( but i hope this will not affect me much.

@goggyforyoz - i think our dates are pretty near, praying hard this will be great success for us (and everyone else)! ;)
Hi, too bad that I'm not successful. Did few test all negative. Now waiting for my menses to come.

Let's hope yours is successful

Hi, too bad that I'm not successful. Did few test all negative. Now waiting for my menses to come.

Let's hope yours is successful

Hi @goggyforyoz .. I am sorry to hear about this.. fight on!

I have not tested anything just yet - and given the state I am in (cold & flu for the last few days); I am not so sure too. I also have been taking flu meds which is less ideal, though I guess I could take them (else couldn't survive the flu)..

That aside.. I have not done much nursing or '调养‘ my own body... only starting to eat a little healthier / sleeping earlier recently. I have friends who took 3-6 months off work (and stress) just to prepare for this and were successful on 2-3 tries..

Did you all make a lot of adjustments to your daily life just for this? Aside from eating healthy (no fried no seafood/sashimi) / getting sufficient rest / better manage work and stress (ha) ... not sure what else I am missing out... o_O

Hmm @stardust29 I did my IUI last Monday. 25th Sept.

Adjusted for the scheduling at work to fit all the ultrasounds for IUI.

I'm also looking into the food I take. Exercise and all, everything as per usual. Food wise, I think it's good to have a nutritional routine even without a baby.

I run > 10 km every other day, been looking up information if it affects the baby, if I'm pregnant. Conclusion is if one has been active, just continue. So I'm still running.

If you want, you can try my Gynae at The Tow Yung Clinic. 19 Tanglin Shopping Centre #05-01. Dr Yeong Cheng Toh. He is good and caring. I don't need to wait. He always place my on priority list as those who go for ACP needs immediate action. Call them at 6733 4433

Forget abt going to government hospital as their appointment very inconsistent. Imagine I went to see my this gynae first time on 19.08.17, all the necessary test already done. Blood test, sperm analysis, etc. As i was ovulating in August just happen to be 2 days after my visit, we did the natural way first. Gynae already started to plan my IUI/IVF treatment and gave me instruction to see him immediately my next cycle came on a Day 2. And truely, my menses arrived on 4th sept.. so i went to see him on 5th sept and started my IUI treatment immediately.

Also, my gynae gave me his whatsapp number so that I can text him whatever problem i have during all these time. Very responsive. Of cos money plays apart, but if I pay more and have a faster treatment, why not?
Thanks for the information! Always good to have choices.

I'm also looking into the food I take. Exercise and all, everything as per usual. Food wise, I think it's good to have a nutritional routine even without a baby.

I run > 10 km every other day, been looking up information if it affects the baby, if I'm pregnant. Conclusion is if one has been active, just continue. So I'm still running.

U should refrain from all exercise.

i'm 10dpiui now and so far i've been having some occasional cramping but other than that nothing else

Was on letrozole, natural iui, have to say that it's hard not to think so this 2ww feels exceptionally long

i'm 10dpiui now and so far i've been having some occasional cramping but other than that nothing else

Was on letrozole, natural iui, have to say that it's hard not to think so this 2ww feels exceptionally long

Please don’t think. The more u think the more you get disappointed.

I m very disappointed w mine. Failed with 4 follicles. Now having menses. I was really sad. All those cramps are just normal. Dun even think is the process. Cos I experienced this too. So just refrain from doing strainous exercise. Rest more.

Please don’t think. The more u think the more you get disappointed.

I m very disappointed w mine. Failed with 4 follicles. Now having menses. I was really sad. All those cramps are just normal. Dun even think is the process. Cos I experienced this too. So just refrain from doing strainous exercise. Rest more.

yes that's true, i think most people who bfp have zero symptoms.

don't fret, is it your first iui? probably you may ace it on the second one! It's really hard but let's all keep trying

yes that's true, i think most people who bfp have zero symptoms.

don't fret, is it your first iui? probably you may ace it on the second one! It's really hard but let's all keep trying

I’m going for second cycle tomorrow. This time I’ll try clomid with iui. Good luck to me. Never give up. 求子心切

Well! It turned out negative for me too. I started having cramps over the weekend and more or less knew it wasn't going to happen.. Gonna start another cycle this month.. jiayou everyone! :)

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience with SO-IUI. After TTC for 5 years, hubby and i finally decided to try SO-IUI. We saw Dr SF Loh who concluded that our infertility was unexplained. We then started our fertility journey and now are parents to 3 kids (nope, they are not triplets)! I have gone through 3 successful SO-IUI for my pregnancies, thanks to Dr Loh! Will highly recommend him! Baby dust to all!

Thanks for sharing. I'm with Dr Loh too. Now 2ww after 1st IUI.

I’m going for second cycle tomorrow. This time I’ll try clomid with iui. Good luck to me. Never give up. 求子心切

加油! I failed IUI twice. It's really very demoralizing. Doctor prescribed me letrozole for IUI #3 but I'm stopping this cycle & seeking help from TCM instead.

Watch this video when you're free. I find it interesting

Hi all, update.

I've got positives from the Guardian pregnancy test kits. 13th day after IUI procedure.

Awaiting blood test at kkh. It's scheduled for the 20th day.

So basically, no symptoms after IUI.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi all, update.

I've got positives from the Guardian pregnancy test kits. 13th day after IUI procedure.

Awaiting blood test at kkh. It's scheduled for the 20th day.

So basically, no symptoms after IUI.

Good luck to everyone.

Wow! Congrats!!!
May I know since which day after IUI u started testing for preg? Or day 13 (post IUI) is ur first preg testing?

Hi Min, is this your first IUI? Can share how is the procedure like? I’m going for my first briefing with KKH on 25 Oct. Wondering what is it about? Do they prescribe the Jabs/medicine on that day?

Wow! Congrats!!!
May I know since which day after IUI u started testing for preg? Or day 13 (post IUI) is ur first preg testing?

Thanks. Tested today.

Hi Min, is this your first IUI? Can share how is the procedure like? I’m going for my first briefing with KKH on 25 Oct. Wondering what is it about? Do they prescribe the Jabs/medicine on that day?

First IUI. At KKH too. Doing Puregon, no clomid.

- Briefing is mainly a financial briefing. Let you know how much to pay, what you're paying for, how to pay.
- Prescription - for me, it was prescribed when I went back on CD 2. Have to ask KKH if during briefing, you have your menses, if it's possible to get it on the same day.

For me, briefing was done in the late afternoon, then have to await menses. I didn't have my menses on the day of the briefing. So I waited.

- How procedure is like
After briefing:
First appointment on CD2, advised to go on 5 days Puregon, 50 IU. Went KKH in the morning around 10+, left at 2+. Did not see a doctor on this day. Only nurses. So to me, it seems possible to get the briefing done, and take the first pack of medicine but good to ask the nurses.
First ultrasound scan on CD7. Consultant on duty upped the dosage to 75 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD9, if it's positive, go back KKH; if its negative, go back KKH only on the next day. For the ovulation tests, it's always if positive, go KKH, if negative, keep to review date.
Repeat the process of scanning - review dosage - test for ovulation - back to scanning... till the consultant thinks the follicles and lining are ready for IUI.
Went for 6 reviews in total. Did IUI on CD 21.
Edit: the IUI itself, online information is accurate. So they put a "straw" into you to guide the sperms. Painless. I had slight cramping after procedure. Husband has to hand the sperms to Sperm Bank on the morning of the IUI procedure. Wife goes KKIVF to register, head to Sperm Bank to do the procedure. Actual procedure was only 5 minutes. Total time inclusive of queueing, about 2 hours. Went there at 9.30, left at 11.45.

During the review,
- take pictures of the immediate results of Clearblue at home and bring the sticks with you.
- bring your medicine.

Ultrasounds and reviews are done only in the morning.

Hope the information helps.

Last edited:
Thanks. Tested today.

First IUI. At KKH too. Doing Puregon, no clomid.

- Briefing is mainly a financial briefing. Let you know how much to pay, what you're paying for, how to pay.
- Prescription - for me, it was prescribed when I went back on CD 2. Have to ask KKH if during briefing, you have your menses, if it's possible to get it on the same day.

For me, briefing was done in the late afternoon, then have to await menses. I didn't have my menses on the day of the briefing. So I waited.

- How procedure is like
After briefing:
First appointment on CD2, advised to go on 5 days Puregon, 50 IU. Went KKH in the morning around 10+, left at 2+. Did not see a doctor on this day. Only nurses. So to me, it seems possible to get the briefing done, and take the first pack of medicine but good to ask the nurses.
First ultrasound scan on CD7. Consultant on duty upped the dosage to 75 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD9, if it's positive, go back KKH; if its negative, go back KKH only on the next day. For the ovulation tests, it's always if positive, go KKH, if negative, keep to review date.
Repeat the process of scanning - review dosage - test for ovulation - back to scanning... till the consultant thinks the follicles and lining are ready for IUI.
Went for 6 reviews in total. Did IUI on CD 21.
Edit: the IUI itself, online information is accurate. So they put a "straw" into you to guide the sperms. Painless. I had slight cramping after procedure. Husband has to hand the sperms to Sperm Bank on the morning of the IUI procedure. Wife goes KKIVF to register, head to Sperm Bank to do the procedure. Actual procedure was only 5 minutes. Total time inclusive of queueing, about 2 hours. Went there at 9.30, left at 11.45.

During the review,
- take pictures of the immediate results of Clearblue at home and bring the sticks with you.
- bring your medicine.

Ultrasounds and reviews are done only in the morning.

Hope the information helps.

Congrats! Thanks for the tips. What time are the ultrasounds in the morning - are there slots before 9am?

Congrats! Thanks for the tips. What time are the ultrasounds in the morning - are there slots before 9am?

Clinic opens at 7.30 a.m., ultrasounds start at 8 a.m. (Sharp, from what I saw), queue number system. Ultrasounds are fast, it's the wait for review that's slower.

Based on gut feeling, for ultrasounds, think about 5 minutes per lady? Then the doctor will start to call numbers for reviews at around 8.45 a.m., sometimes earlier, sometimes later.

I left by 9 a.m. for all my ultrasounds + reviews, except the last one when the nurses have to inject orgalutran. Was in KKH for a total of about 3 hours.

If you're worried about going to work, then husbands can do the reviews also. So you can scan and leave.

加油! I failed IUI twice. It's really very demoralizing. Doctor prescribed me letrozole for IUI #3 but I'm stopping this cycle & seeking help from TCM instead.

Watch this video when you're free. I find it interesting
Hi @Dephin! Have you started any visits or treatment to TCM? Can you share more on what they typically do?
A couple of my friends/colleague also told me to visit TCM but I am not very sure where to start/ or who to visit.. so will be great to hear from your experience.

Hi all, i am also going to start my first so-iui with kkh. Today is my mense 2nd day and i had just started to eat letrozole. I was told to go back to scan coming saturday as well as to attend a briefing. May i know does the first scan only let the nurse/consultant there to determine on whether when can you proceed to do iui on which cycle day or they increases your dose of the fertility drugs to take? By the way how many times of scan are required before the actual IUI process? I am actually a private patient so when doing IUI, can i choose back my doctor, DR Sadhana to do my IUI or she can only do ivf? Anyone done IUI from dr sadhana?

Thank you.

Back