IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Appx 2.5k depends on the dose. Yes you can use medisave but ART first claim is max 6k, 2nd claim is 5k, 3rd claim onwards is 4k, total capped at 15k. So if you use yr first claim for so-iui, yr next ivf claim gov co-fund 6.3k medisave claim will be 5k since it is 2nd ART.

Thanks for your reply.

How many days of MC or HL after doing the IUI??

i am sorry if i did not backread on this thread.

can anyone share your experience with iui ? does it hurt or is there cramping feeling ?

anyone successful with iui and who is your doctor ?

i am sorry if i did not backread on this thread.

can anyone share your experience with iui ? does it hurt or is there cramping feeling ?

anyone successful with iui and who is your doctor ?

There is 2 types of iui, one is iui and another so-iui. I did my so iui at kkh. This required daily injection, screening for lining and focilies.
Depends on the scan and doc review to depends on the iui procedure. On that day od iui procedure, hubby needs to submit their sperms to sperms bank where did they wash and clean the sperm. After that i reached kkh at 10.15am wait for instruction, bladder must be full in order to this so iui procedure. They will call your name to go in the operation room and insert the sperm to uteru. It js just 5 mins job. Fast fast. Pain a bit when insert but v fast pain go over. After that u may go home to rest. I met my friend for lunch at novena and go home to sleep.

The 2ww wait for result. I was positive. Doc only given me 10% successful chance. Just stay positive and everything will be smooth. Rest well. My kkh doc is jessie pooh. Very direct and details doc which i like it.

Kkh will give u a date after the so iui, if successfully, u will need to do blood test for hcg to check on the pregnancy. Aftet that collect medicines. This is my own experience. Hope it is usefully for u. Jia you

There is 2 types of iui, one is iui and another so-iui. I did my so iui at kkh. This required daily injection, screening for lining and focilies.
Depends on the scan and doc review to depends on the iui procedure. On that day od iui procedure, hubby needs to submit their sperms to sperms bank where did they wash and clean the sperm. After that i reached kkh at 10.15am wait for instruction, bladder must be full in order to this so iui procedure. They will call your name to go in the operation room and insert the sperm to uteru. It js just 5 mins job. Fast fast. Pain a bit when insert but v fast pain go over. After that u may go home to rest. I met my friend for lunch at novena and go home to sleep.

The 2ww wait for result. I was positive. Doc only given me 10% successful chance. Just stay positive and everything will be smooth. Rest well. My kkh doc is jessie pooh. Very direct and details doc which i like it.

Kkh will give u a date after the so iui, if successfully, u will need to do blood test for hcg to check on the pregnancy. Aftet that collect medicines. This is my own experience. Hope it is usefully for u. Jia you

u think if it is ridiculous if i request for pain killer ? lol.
i requested for pain killer for when i had hsg :p
i am a super timid woman, sorry about that

Hi! Thanks for having such a detailed explanation.

I'm going for my first appointment with KKH soon (polyclinic referral). Can I ask if hubby needs to accompany? Or he will only be "needed" on the day of insemination? We're ok, no issue, just unexplained infertility after our #1 and #2.

Also, planning to use Medisave, cos we're not keen to progress to IVF, so might as well use Medisave now. Will the entire SOIUI be medisave claimable?

Finally, do we need to indicate which doctor we want? Cos we'll be considered private patient once we decided to do SOIUI, is that right?

Thank you very much! Only just decided this year to do SOIUI after no success for these couple of years for a #3. Likely age catching up I guess!

I'm going for my first appointment with KKH soon (polyclinic referral). Can I ask if hubby needs to accompany? Or he will only be "needed" on the day of insemination? We're ok, no issue, just unexplained infertility after our #1 and #2.

Also, planning to use Medisave, cos we're not keen to progress to IVF, so might as well use Medisave now. Will the entire SOIUI be medisave claimable?

Finally, do we need to indicate which doctor we want? Cos we'll be considered private patient once we decided to do SOIUI, is that right?

Thank you very much! Only just decided this year to do SOIUI after no success for these couple of years for a #3. Likely age catching up I guess!
Soiui is medisave claimable fully. I didnt choose doc. They probably will require you do some test b4 so-iui those not claimable.

Soiui is medisave claimable fully. Except for registration fee $1xx is pay by cash.

For the first and second scan and doc review. My hubby did not follow me.
Yes, since under SOIUI it is under private patient. I dun remember can choose the doc u wan as it is usually the random doc on duty in kkivf. So far my experience, 3 times there, 3 diff doc

Hi Ladies
I am on my 2 week wait now.
Did my first IUI on 3rd July.
Blood test is tom.
I couldnt resist the temptation to test hence used the clear blue pregnancy test on 16dpiui and tested negative. Did anyone fail home kit test and tested positive on blood test? Quite anxious here.

Hi ladies. I'm currently going thru SO-IUI process. My first jab started since Tue and first US on Friday. I'm excited and nervous to see the result for next US.

Hi Ladies
I am on my 2 week wait now.
Did my first IUI on 3rd July.
Blood test is tom.
I couldnt resist the temptation to test hence used the clear blue pregnancy test on 16dpiui and tested negative. Did anyone fail home kit test and tested positive on blood test? Quite anxious here.
How's your result? :)

May I know what u mean by 2ww. I'm also with Dr Jessie Phoon. :)

1st scan for D6, total have 7 follicles . Size fr 6 to 10mm. Is it small or big on day6?
Any MC for husband submit the sperm?
I started last tue. Have yet to reach the ideal size and ovulation. Need to do urine test again tmr. Been trying to avoid cold drinks during this period. Jia you.

sorry if this has been mentioned before. do i need to make frequent trips to the clinic if i plan to do iui ? because i am
calculating how much annual leave i am left with for the year.

I think something is amiss. My last jab of puregon is yesterday in addition to orgalution jab. Today morning I jab another orgalution. I need to jab ovidrel tonight and take the 4 tablets. Sun is totally nothing at all. Monday I will report to KKIVF for IUI. Is that normal? Yesterday urine test show that I have not reach ovulation. What if I ovulate on Sunday?

They can issue MC. Don't waste your leave.

noted. but i have a lot of questions again.
pardon me for that. :X

will it involve a number of MCs in the same month if i decided to start iui ?
my company dislikes people taking leaves concurrently or a couple of times in the same month.
(it's near my house so :p)

anyone is with SF Loh? does he do iui in his O & G clinic too ? i can't have "Fertility Centre" in my MC or my claims. it's rather sensitive with my company.

my company dislikes people taking leaves concurrently or a couple of times in the same month.

anyone is with SF Loh? does he do iui in his O & G clinic too ? i can't have "Fertility Centre" in my MC or my claims. it's rather sensitive with my company.

I did IUI at O&G but that was one year ago. It was SO-IUI, so about 2 appts or maybe 3 between day 2 to mid cycle, to scan on follicles development/ collect drugs before the actual day of sperm insertion. Subsequently when I proceeded to do IVF at TFC, i seemingly recalled the TFC nurse asking me if I want TFC or O&G MC, but I didn't have the need to hide from boss so I went for TFC MC. Why don't you call O&G to confirm since you are already a patient there?

I think something is amiss. My last jab of puregon is yesterday in addition to orgalution jab. Today morning I jab another orgalution. I need to jab ovidrel tonight and take the 4 tablets. Sun is totally nothing at all. Monday I will report to KKIVF for IUI. Is that normal? Yesterday urine test show that I have not reach ovulation. What if I ovulate on Sunday?

Hi Lemongrass, the Ovidrel should cause the ovulation in 36 hours. So based on that, going to KKIVF on Monday morning sounds about right. Hope this helps to ease your worries. :)

I did IUI at O&G but that was one year ago. It was SO-IUI, so about 2 appts or maybe 3 between day 2 to mid cycle, to scan on follicles development/ collect drugs before the actual day of sperm insertion. Subsequently when I proceeded to do IVF at TFC, i seemingly recalled the TFC nurse asking me if I want TFC or O&G MC, but I didn't have the need to hide from boss so I went for TFC MC. Why don't you call O&G to confirm since you are already a patient there?

i did e-mail and call about the MC but the nurse told me that if i need MC i need to go to the respective clinic that i need the letterhead to be. Along with other questions. Some of which interestingly enough, I did not get reply. (forgot what i asked now; i was with the clinic since 2013 when i was pregnant with my boy.) ;)

i am asking here about the O&G clinic out of curiousity because the clinic looks smaller.

I will do the iui procedure on Monday too. My lining is 10mm, follicles are 20mm,16mm,14mm.. how about u??
I have 4 follicles ranging from 15mm to 19mm. Lining is 9mm. Very excited and nervous. I need to go back to work after the procedure. I have seen somewhere that the nurse will ask us to get up immediately after the procedure and there is no resting corner in the room.

The treatment will take about 10-13days. We need to go back 3 times/week for ultrasound. The US will always be in the morning. KKIVF is closed on Sunday. Maybe you can let your boss in advance the reason, who knows he will allow you to take time off from work? As for me, I go back to work after the US hence I don't need to take MC.

I have 4 follicles ranging from 15mm to 19mm. Lining is 9mm. Very excited and nervous. I need to go back to work after the procedure. I have seen somewhere that the nurse will ask us to get up immediately after the procedure and there is no resting corner in the room.

That's great. 4 follicles.. got high chances.
After procedure, i will go back to rest & lie down for 3 days.. back to work on thur. It's better to lie down after procedure.

Oh why so late? What time is your appointment? I heard there are many doing procedure today,

My appointment at 10.30.just done the procedure at 1.15.

Just wonder the sperm can survive how long?? Bcos my husband submit the sperm at 8.30. 4.5hrs later only do the IUI procedure.

My appointment at 10.30.just done the procedure at 1.15.

Just wonder the sperm can survive how long?? Bcos my husband submit the sperm at 8.30. 4.5hrs later only do the IUI procedure.
I believe they will know how to keep it well. What is sperm wash count? Mine is borderline case. Worry they cannot swim to the eggs or got lost somewhere again. Haha

i saw the posts about the sperm count. just curious. will doc share ways to improve
the semen quality before iui ? my hubby has irregular shape sperm.

Back